• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

Its Bikinitron 7 star rarity that make her such a low drop right, looks like she is the only 7 star card that can be pulled from a gatcha.

Quantum

Its Bikinitron 7 star rarity that make her such a low drop right, looks like she is the only 7 star card that can be pulled from a gatcha.

I am extremely tempted to pull, but I have decided to try to curb my insane spending on this game.

While it would be fun to have a Bmeta team, I have a Lmeta team that is able to farm anything with the exception of KoG and certain decends.

my new goal it to concentrate on one other team to have a solid alternative to my Lmeta team, of course this presents a problem because I've been working on so many others in a haphazard fashion.

my options (realistically) include both a Pandora team and blonia team.

I am leaning towards the blonia team because everything I read about them seem fun and stable - that being said I believe I have better subs for the Pandora team although I am missing a Ronia.

hopefully the 5 minute stamina refresh will help me with exp gain because I keep changing my mind.

linsivvi

Interesting. Looks like a brand new game. Puzzle and Dragons is so big now that they can make a franchise out of it with different genres.

I'm intrigued. Is this going to be a completely separate game or is this going to integrate with the current PAD? I really hope there is some cross integration.
I think it's going to be a physical card game based on this article also mentioning stuff like booster packs, sleeves, and cases being manufactured. But there's probably going to be stuff like promo codes to get you PADapp goodies somewhere down the line.

Edit: here's one of the Bikinitron roll attempts from JP
http://i.imgur.com/z2GMLYU.png

linsivvi

I think it's going to be a physical card game based on this article also mentioning stuff like booster packs, sleeves, and cases being manufactured. But there's probably going to be stuff like promo codes to get you PADapp goodies somewhere down the line.

Edit: here's one of the Bikinitron roll attempts from JP
http://i.imgur.com/z2GMLYU.png

Oh yes, definitely physical cards after looking at some websites. Was confused by the later part of the video which made it seem like it was a video game.

razterik

ytv9bes.jpg

Evo sticker girls are worst troll. Was hoping for Dark Valk for Pandora, but did get a couple fairy tale girls I was missing. Had Blue Valk already. Don't even want Bikini Tron.

Jagernaut

If you have Cao Cao as one of you main leader she is an awesome pull.

Also, Mitsuki + Vampire will give you a great board for Haku teams.

Edit. The sticker girls are good subs if we could skill them all up. Ultimate Fuu has the highest attack (1580) of any light healer and would be a top tier sub when max skilled.

Althane

Started Hera late last night. Still running her now, due to work.

Wondering if I can claim that this is taking me for-frickin' ever.

She's a 100% drop, right? I literally can't die against her (auto-heals + damage resist). I just have such low damage this is taking forever.

Anyways, 24-hour Hera run. Woot woot.

(Poison hitting her for 10k each turn. She'll die eventually.)

Ducarmel

lol

If your inclined to believe the tale 24 hours is nothing compared to that one dude who forgot to bring poison and was grinding down Neptune for like two weeks.

Althane

lol

If your inclined to believe the tale 24 hours is nothing compared to that one dude who forgot to bring poison and was grinding down Neptune for like two weeks.

Beat it.

And fuck that. Assuming you're not cracking defense, that' 0-10 (all bustied?) damage per round. I can believe two weeks, but how do you not go "Maybe I should swap my team..."

Anybody plan on running Gabriel tomorrow? I need to pick up a Goemon.

lol

Doesn't matter, zero-stoned Hera.

yami4ct

Beat it.

And fuck that. Assuming you're not cracking defense, that' 0-10 (all bustied?) damage per round. I can believe two weeks, but how do you not go "Maybe I should swap my team..."

All that wasted stamina. Blowing 2 weeks of stam for 1 Hera. I can't imagine it.

I don't know how people have the patience to grind out descends like that. I took an hour plus on Wadatsumi because I was being super duper careful with my matches and that felt like forever. Surely, people have spike leads to do Hera Descended in this day and age? I doubt too many people settle for Archangel Lucifer as a starting roll these days.

I don't know how people have the patience to grind out descends like that. I took an hour plus on Wadatsumi because I was being super duper careful with my matches and that felt like forever. Surely, people have spike leads to do Hera Descended in this day and age? I doubt too many people settle for Archangel Lucifer as a starting roll these days.
Even if you have a spike lead, Odin/resist is the safer bet for Hera early on. Its just easier to put together and essentially autowin.

That said, if you had the necessary pieces spike is the way to go. I ran it twice the other day, for the first time on this account. Odin/CDD took me over an hour. Then I tried a DQXQ/Horus team (all my subs were around lvl 50) and it took 10 minutes.

Even if you have a spike lead, Odin/resist is the safer bet for Hera early on. Its just easier to put together and essentially autowin.

That said, if you had the necessary pieces spike is the way to go. I ran it twice the other day, for the first time on this account. Odin/CDD took me over an hour. Then I tried a DQXQ/Horus team (all my subs were around lvl 50) and it took 10 minutes.
Autowin + slow and agonizing seems like it would detract from the fun of playing the game though. It's a lot less exciting to play and feels less of an accomplishment if you know you can't lose but you still have to grind your way through an hour plus for one dungeon. Obtaining Hera is essentially an embodiment of that same grindy playstyle so it's not even a light at the end of the tunnel unless you just like that kind of gameplay.

Autowin + slow and agonizing seems like it would detract from the fun of playing the game though. It's a lot less exciting to play and feels less of an accomplishment if you know you can't lose but you still have to grind your way through an hour plus for one dungeon. Obtaining Hera is essentially an embodiment of that same grindy playstyle so it's not even a light at the end of the tunnel unless you just like that kind of gameplay.
I agree that the slow, grindy play style is in itself not very exciting. But beating a descend for the first time is very exciting, regardless of what team you run. And for some of the easier descends, its really the only option for relatively new players. The trend in newer descends has gone more towards high damage teams, but I think its nice that the option is at least there for the more essential farmable monsters.

Gaspode_T

For months and months I have done mostly nothing but watch the daily dungeon info on apps and try to catch metal dragon dungeons or other timed ones, leveled up tons of monsters to 75+ or even max...

So I thought oh okay, now I should start to "get serious" more and try tackling some things I was basically afraid of wasting stamina on. I read some info here and on another padx forum about Room of the Sacred Mask, though I was good to go with Shiva team but got skill bound even though I had some blockers, got all the way to the final mask and couldn't kill the blue one...tried again with another Shiva lead for dual Shiva and still died for some stupid reason. Errrgh, this is why I have been avoiding these dungeons...I want to hire some Japanese teenager to sit here next to me and show me what I'm doing wrong...

Maybe I just need to watch more YouTube videos, I've done hardly any of that, it's kind of annoying it's almost required to do...

Hige

I did that dungeon twice and it sucked. I think there are easier dungeons out there, so I wouldn't let that one discourage you. I did it with Ama/Odin and then an 80% skill bind resist Luci/Luci team. The Luci team still got bound on turn 1 and it was harder than the Ama/Odin team. I'm not sure how a Shiva team is supposed to approach the dungeon, though? You either need survivability or a 100% skill resist team it seems. Anything less than 100% is too risky. With the Luci team I had to wait out about 70-80 turns while trying to get enough hearts to stay alive and not accidentally kill the green mask with mass attack skyfalls.

smbu2000

I did that dungeon twice and it sucked. I think there are easier dungeons out there, so I wouldn't let that one discourage you. I did it with Ama/Odin and then an 80% skill bind resist Luci/Luci team. The Luci team still got bound on turn 1 and it was harder than the Ama/Odin team. I'm not sure how a Shiva team is supposed to approach the dungeon, though? You either need survivability or a 100% skill resist team it seems. Anything less than 100% is too risky. With the Luci team I had to wait out about 70-80 turns while trying to get enough hearts to stay alive and not accidentally kill the green mask with mass attack skyfalls.
It's not so bad with a Luci/Luci team. That's how I got through that dungeon. The only bad thing is waiting out all of the turns once you get skill bound. (I wish Luci had a skill bind resist awakening.) The first time I tried it I had trouble with it, but the other day I went through twice again and it wasn't difficult, just took long waiting out the skill bind. My team had about 63k HP and over 13k healing power.

I picked up one of each. I guess I can use them for the U&Y I picked up this past event.

Althane

I did CDD+Odin for Hera since I really wanted the drop, she only comes around so often, and I'm willing to spend the hour to grind everything down. The other gods took me maybe 5-10 minutes at most (I should level that team some...), and Hera took me maybe 15-20 minutes, of infrequent playing.

Now that I have her, I'm sure I could put together a Ronia team and see how it goes. Shiva for Neptune, a Ronia active for Hades, and then the Ronia+Baddie burst to get through Hera before she hurts too much.

I just need 6 more team cost so I can build it with Ifrit in it. =\

Jagernaut

It's not so bad with a Luci/Luci team. That's how I got through that dungeon. The only bad thing is waiting out all of the turns once you get skill bound. (I wish Luci had a skill bind resist awakening.) The first time I tried it I had trouble with it, but the other day I went through twice again and it wasn't difficult, just took long waiting out the skill bind. My team had about 63k HP and over 13k healing power.

I picked up one of each. I guess I can use them for the U&Y I picked up this past event.

Lucifer does have skill bind resist. With a double Lucifer team you just need 3 subs with skill bind resist to be 100% skill bind resistant.

Hige

Well, my Luci team is pretty sad. I think I used something like Pandora/Kirin/Yomi/Hera-is for subs and I didn't want to waste Tamadras on Luci just for one dungeon. Since Kirin doesn't get the dark attribute HP boost and Luci is underleveled, my max HP is around 44k. I can only survive 4 turns before needing to heal and sometimes the RNG screws you over on heart orbs. I still beat it, but the Ama/Odin team was actually easier for me. If I had a 100% resist team it would be a different story.

Once I get around to awakening Thumbelina I'm just going to crush it with Zhuge Liang next time. :D

Apparently Devil Bastet's skill was going to be changed to the tongue twisting "increasing ATK for matching 2 sets of green/green or green/dark, up to 3.5x ATK for 3 sets of green/green/dark", but people complained so it's getting changed again. Cat spreading might also be getting a buff

Also as a PSA, Family Sharing is apparently borked in PAD and you may get charged for stones without actually receiving then, so don't turn that on if you have iOS8.

Althane

Apparently Devil Bastet's skill was going to be changed to the tongue twisting "increasing ATK for matching 2 sets of green/green or green/dark, up to 3.5x ATK for 3 sets of green/green/dark", but people complained so it's getting changed again. Cat spreading might also be getting a buff

Also as a PSA, Family Sharing is apparently borked in PAD and you may get charged for stones without actually receiving then, so don't turn that on if you have iOS8.

I'm not sure I understand that first skill. So, if I match 3 green and 3 green (2-combo), I get the attack bonus? Same if I do 3 green and 3 dark?

Maxing out at a total of 9 gems matched (in sets of 3)?

o_O

Ducarmel

I did not have a problem with Bastet new ultimate, I just think its just difficult to build a decent farmable teams with these new mono type leaders.

In hindsight Gungho did not do mono type teams any favors by not at least giving famarble subs at least one row enhancement or double two prong attack awakenings. At least 6-7 star rarity farmable cards should have them.

Also Ronia made them all dead on arrival. If you have Ronia there is little incentive to try and build other monotype teams if it requires heavy REM to even come close to the same damage and play style as Ronia.

I'm not sure I understand that first skill. So, if I match 3 green and 3 green (2-combo), I get the attack bonus? Same if I do 3 green and 3 dark?

Maxing out at a total of 9 gems matched (in sets of 3)?

o_O
An easier way to think about it is that she gets the max multiplier for matching G,G,D. If you match any two sets of orbs from there, she gets a smaller multiplier.

smbu2000

Lucifer does have skill bind resist. With a double Lucifer team you just need 3 subs with skill bind resist to be 100% skill bind resistant.
Oh, yeah I forgot. I keep getting it mixed up with the regular bind resist awakening.

I hadn't updated my Wed. party in awhile, so I didn't have 100% coverage. Next time I'll be going in with 100%. I still need two more Green ones for Kushinada.

edit: Just used my Dark Noel on my second Lu Bu and hit the 1.5X bonus on it. Sweet. Went from level 34 to 82 in one shot!

am_dragon

For months and months I have done mostly nothing but watch the daily dungeon info on apps and try to catch metal dragon dungeons or other timed ones, leveled up tons of monsters to 75+ or even max...

<snip/> tried again with another Shiva lead for dual Shiva and still died for some stupid reason. <snip/>

I did the same thing last spring. When I started playing again I immediately beat half a dozen descended dungeons I'd not even tried before. Then tried the Friday dungeon and got wasted... on the first floor. The weekly dungeons each have a gimmick that requires certain skills and or awoken abilities. After watching videos and reading about team builds, I was able to clear all but Friday, I'm still struggling with that one.

I did the same thing last spring. When I started playing again I immediately beat half a dozen descended dungeons I'd not even tried before. Then tried the Friday dungeon and got wasted... on the first floor. The weekly dungeons each have a gimmick that requires certain skills and or awoken abilities. After watching videos and reading about team builds, I was able to clear all but Friday, I'm still struggling with that one.
Zeus/Valk/Verche/Echidna/Echidna/Zeus is the team I've had the most success with. Sub in an Orochi if you can. But really any team is going to require a bit of luck on the first floor. But as long as Echidna is charged before you finish the first floor, it's pretty simple.

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna put together a team for Ancient masks. I need one of each for the eventual U&Y evo.

Zeus/Valk/Verche/Echidna/Echidna/Zeus is the team I've had the most success with. Sub in an Orochi if you can. But really any team is going to require a bit of luck on the first floor. But as long as Echidna is charged before you finish the first floor, it's pretty simple.

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna put together a team for Ancient masks. I need one of each for the eventual U&Y evo.
Recall that High Dark Ninja will give you access to a pocket Morningstar, so you can run Astaroth/Purple Noel/Luci leads with Hera subs and one of those to run a facsimile of the stall build.

Gaspode_T

Well that was kind of stupid, I got mixed up and remembered the wrong thing about what team to use - the Shiva team is apparently for Trifruit not Mask one...Trifruit I don't need to run nearly as bad since even though I already got enough of those to drop from pal machine to evo 3 dragons I never seem to use any of them.

If Mask can be done with Kushi team I will try again next week...actually Twinlits is the one I want to do the most of course since would be nice to evo Hera and Yomi and others I have ready to evo besides the twinlit part. I always heard that one was hardest so I wasn't even considering trying it yet

Top Bottom