• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Recall that High Dark Ninja will give you access to a pocket Morningstar, so you can run Astaroth/Purple Noel/Luci leads with Hera subs and one of those to run a facsimile of the stall build.
No way to get Purple Noel outside of lvl 20 present right? And I sadly don't have the others either. Maybe I can do something with Blue Noel/Lucifer and blue and dark subs.

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna put together a team for Ancient masks. I need one of each for the eventual U&Y evo.
PAL machine to the rescue!

I don't even know how to tackle that dungeon without a grindy Lucifer-ish team but luckily the PAL gave me more than enough sacred masks. And not enough Angelits. :(

I'm sure this is exactly the reason why they're not doing it but I would love to have an event where they temporarily replace the end boss of Goddess Descended with a different color Valk. Heck, make it Mythical only and I'd be happy to throw stones at it instead of rolling the dice on the pink REM. Blue healer team would love that heartbreaker so much.

StMeph

Voting Ronia.

I'm sure this is exactly the reason why they're not doing it but I would love to have an event where they temporarily replace the end boss of Goddess Descended with a different color Valk. Heck, make it Mythical only and I'd be happy to throw stones at it instead of rolling the dice on the pink REM. Blue healer team would love that heartbreaker so much.

I don't think that will ever happen. If anything, they'd get their own Descended, but I'd bet against that as well.

Dunno if any of you remember 'lo me, but i'm back after a huge break..
Gabriel is today, right?
Advice on team build archetype to low/zero stone her?

Ducarmel

Gabriel?

Anyway welcome back. Since we are approaching 400 pages I was looking at the post count the other day and noticed you were 9th and had a couple more post then me, I was thinking to myself damn witchedwiz has not posted for a long time and he still has more post then me.

Gabriel?

Anyway welcome back. Since we are approaching 400 pages I was looking at the post count the other day and noticed you were 9th and had a couple more post then me, I was thinking to myself damn witchedwiz has not posted for a long time and he still has more post then me.
Was thinking about goemon and types gabriel...
I might run a kirinxkirin for goemon, should be viable?
I zero stoned the legend with monored last time, Doubt monored can pull it off for zero stone mythical...
Is the first page list of active players still cool?
I just have like 10 ppl in friend list that legged earlier than 28 d ago lal.. Might have to do a mass add to get more seasoned players still active

Ducarmel

Cosmo started a new friends list for OT3

Getting some work for OT3 done and a refresh of the GAF friends list was way overdue so get your stuff in, now with EU and JP tabs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E#gid=4

Edit: beaten

Monored probably could do mythical but your team would need to be stacked with red row enhancement and at least 3 max skill orb changers, orb enhancer and either fire atk enhance, or type enhance.

Cosmo started a new friends list for OT3

Edit: beaten

Monored probably could do mythical but your team would need to be stacked with red row enhancement and at least 3 max skill orb changers, orb enhancer and either fire atk enhance, or type enhance.
Dem row enhancer became a thing while i was away..
I have most of the worthwhile old lead..
Zeus, haku, kirin, valk, ltron, u&y, ra, etc
What are the new fotm?

Only really new tech that has emerged recently are prong teams due to GungHo buffing that awakening by a lot, so monsters with lots of prongs (Uvo Athena, Riders, Zhuge Liang) are coveted for these types of teams now.

Ducarmel

Yeah double two prong attack (TPA) awakening is crazy good if you got the subs.

Dem row enhancer became a thing while i was away..
I have most of the worthwhile old lead..
Zeus, haku, kirin, valk, ltron, u&y, ra, etc
What are the new fotm?

The row enhancement is what makes gods like Ronia good, and keeping mono types relevant if you have the cards to build around them.

To add to the TPA, I would say the Sonia's are the still dominating these days. Specifically Ronia (Red Sonia), she is very popular because of how easy she is to play with, and is on Kirin level good. A 1/4 of my friend list use her.

But Kirin is still popular as always, Horus, Bastet and RA are still used. U&Y has many users and Ltron ultimate has made her popular. Valk well its anecdotal but I notice she does not populate my friends list like she used too. Haku seems to have been replaced by Pandora at least that what I noticed from my friends list.

Slow S-rank build. 23 rarity guarantees S-rank regardless of turns/combos. Awoken leaders are bind immune, so no worry of losing resistance or autoheals. 2500 autoheal means boss can't kill you as long as you don't miss a match. But Ceres' active is a safety button in case you mess up and need to heal without Hearts (actually happened to me). Round 5 is the most dangerous round, since you need to manually heal to keep up with the damage you receive.

veQcRHQ.png

After the fact, I thought up the below variation to make it much quicker. It's 24 rarity, so not guaranteed on rarity alone, but you barely need to combo to meet the 100K threshold. Rodin's poison does twice the damage as AB Bluebird Blues and he also gives you a second 50x ATK active skill. I have Grodin as a sub for illustration purposes, but of course you'd replace him with a 1-cost sub and use a Grodin friend.

0FCPLgc.png

FZZ

Banned
Got a bit lucky with sky drops and cleared Starlight Sanctuary.

Congrats!

I'm still stuck at Queen Of Gods. My King Flamie bursts do nothing to Hera. I'm just trying to build a new team because I think my Misato attacker team is reaching its limits, its gotten me far enough honestly.

linsivvi

Does anyone have an idea for a Hera Rush Team tomorrow? Kirin + Kushinada/Susanoo Sub?

Since I don't have the REM gods, I know I'll have to use blue golem which can both block the first turn bind as well as the 31K pre-emp of the last floor. Not maxed yet but it'll have to do.

Blue golem useful in the highest tier of dungeon. Who would have thought?

Hige

Ever since I started using D/D Yomi/Anubis, getting S ranks became so much easier. Average combo of 10.2 on Mystic Land Dragon gave me ~213k points and it's less stressful since you can use high level subs. It takes some practice, but it's not too hard to get 7-9 combos before skyfalls since you have so much time to move around.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What is Pink dragon rare egg about? Have 5 magic stone should I go for it? Looks like I could get a nice healer out of it?

Dark Bastet changed to 3x at 5c up to 4.5x at 8c, making her harder to use than her Healer version but with a higher potential. Spread Cats also now increases green attack by "a little".

razterik

Dark Bastet changed to 3x at 5c up to 4.5x at 8c, making her harder to use than her Healer version but with a higher potential. Spread Cats also now increases green attack by "a little".

Yes, perfect. Skips the 2.5x boost, but the higher output is much better. A little is probably 30% like Fafnir. And row changes to two prong.

New DBZ ults are also quite good. Android 18 is silver egg healer with blue/green/light Chinese active. :(

smbu2000

Just tried out the new Weekend dungeon. It's not too bad, the only time I took a hit was when the 3 Mystic masks show up. They attack every one turn and combine for about 12k damage. (about 4k each?). That was with a Bastet/Kushinada party. Boss was taken out in 1 shot.

Right now it's at 1.5X coins received on the JP one and I got about 660K on my first try at it and just over 13.5k EXP.

Should definitely be good to make money quickly, especially now with the stamina refresh rate at 1/5min.

Did I miss Sopdet and Thoth? PDX no longer has it on the schedule, Or are we getting the extreme hera rush instead?

any tips on Extreme hera rush? it looks like death. Double Grodin would work if you could get Hera-Ur Under 50% in one turn (or be able to tank 19947 and heal it back in one turn), and could kill Hera-Sowilo in 3 turns once she is under 50% (61180 multihit across five hits, which will kill just about anyone).

Maybe Anubis with no light subs (outside of D/L Yomi)? There is a blue healer team on youtube, but that's a pretty rare case. Dual Lucifer team with 65k+ hp, poison, and some way to deal with god bind? It seems unforgiving

Ducarmel

Seems like a lot of the typical descend teams can do Hera Rush but all the leaders and subs are plus 297 and max or near max skilled, or just Anubis every floor!

That is a pretty good run, is it safe for Ganeisha

coy

I am liking this now. I have Bastet up often but do not run her like I used to. I take Horus for most descends and farm with many others. Having a 20.25x multiplier will be great and I've got better devils subs if I go type. I don't think I'll be feeding my +297 any longer.

Jagernaut

I am liking this now. I have Bastet up often but do not run her like I used to. I take Horus for most descends and farm with many others. Having a 20.25x multiplier will be great and I've got better devils subs if I go type. I don't think I'll be feeding my +297 any longer.

The only drawback to devil Bastet is the -300 rcv, otherwise it's a nice upgrade and the art is really good. +300 hp and +350 atk and 2 prong is better than row enhance when making 8 combos. I'll switch mine to Wood/Dark.

coy

The only drawback to devil Bastet is the -300 rcv, otherwise it's a nice upgrade and the art is really good. +300 hp and +350 atk and 2 prong is better than row enhance when making 8 combos. I'll switch mine to Wood/Dark.

Oof that is a hit to RCV. Everything you said sounds incredibly sexy though. TPA is something I have been trying out more but I don't have enough good subs to fill a whole squad.

Speaking of, I may need to actually roll more Godfests as I have good leads but am lacking a number of subs (I think Ducarmel has the same issue). My problem is that I only roll when it's 2 new pantheons or if it's a special fest like Player's Choice. Never #YOLO roll anything. Have Yamato on my alt but otherwise no Heroes, 3K, Fairy Tale, not even any Sticker Girls or Angry Birds (had to roll Batman tho). I just know myself and 1 roll, good or bad, will turn to 5 minimum.

am_dragon

Something is really messed up with the skill up system!
It took me 35 feeds to get the last 2 skill ups on Horus!

I concur, I've now fed my phoenix, as I have no Horus, a almost 2 dozen of the shimp, skill level 1. I fed 15 Amberjacks without a skill up, and 10 Centuars. I'm about ready to just sell all the skill up stuff I farmed. I'm sick if wasting time leveling and evo'ing this stuff for no return.

Quantum

Something is really messed up with the skill up system!
It took me 35 feeds to get the last 2 skill ups on Horus!

I know most will say that RNG is RNG - but I really don't believe that anymore. I really believe that the RNG is modified by a number of things.

this includes what you have in your box and what day you are trying to farm items.

I've had a terrible time skilling up a few of my gods - but worse, I've had a horrendous time trying to evolve the skill up material.

for example I was farming the dungeon of water for a large number of sapphilits yesterday - It took 24 runs of the cave master (120 stamina) before obtaining a single drop. When the sapphilits did infrequently appear they did not drop.

today the drop rate is better, but still way below what I would expect if they were appearing "randomly"

This is not uncommon, and I believe that the rate was lower yesterday because the friday "shrine of spirits" was running and that the rate in the dungeon of water was modified.

Gungho does not publish drop rates. Gungho has never even said that drop rates are RANDOM. I find it amusing when people post that RNG is gonna RNG when in fact there is no way of knowing if the system is actually random to begin with.

Why would it benefit Gungho to randomize the system when they obviously play with the drop algorithm all the time - Every event has different rates (2x festivals - 3x godfests - this mob only drops during this event).

the drop rate is designed to make you spend stones.

the algorithms are designed to make Gungho money.

don't get me wrong, they got me ^^ - I've spent a fortune trying to create a number of teams, but I'm not blind to the fact that it is easy to change the drop rate at *any* time.

And, before this gets ranty or too long I'd like to put forth that it would be easy to further customize drop rates - say modifying a drop rate for a whale or large spender - or modifying a drop rate for a prolific forum poster that has his or her account number publicly available and has incredible luck without spending a penny....

I really like this game and it is therapeutic in a lot of ways during the stress I have during studying and working to "turn my brain off" for an hour or so broken into segments over the course of a work day - I just don't want to think about the data mining and statistics used to generate revenue and how I feed the machine - because I will continue to do so as long as I'm enjoying the experience.

TL,DR - Random is Random - PAD is not Random.

am_dragon

I know most will say that RNG is RNG - but I really don't believe that anymore. I really believe that the RNG is modified by a number of things.

this includes what you have in your box and what day you are trying to farm items.

I've had a terrible time skilling up a few of my gods - but worse, I've had a horrendous time trying to evolve the skill up material.

for example I was farming the dungeon of water for a large number of sapphilits yesterday - It took 24 runs of the cave master (120 stamina) before obtaining a single drop. When the sapphilits did infrequently appear they did not drop.

TL,DR - Random is Random - PAD is not Random.

Exactly my experience. Thrusday, 10 unevolved centaurs in my box, I needed dragon plants, I got 1 per run for 10 attempts. If I needed dragon fruit they would not drop but I got one for nearly every run this week. Friday I also needed sapphilits, spent 150 stam to get 11 of them. That only evolved 5 of the 16 Fukuragi > Amberjack I had, 0 skill ups.

At least running Mystic Land Dragon for centaurs is a little more interesting than some of the other skill up dungeons lately.

saichi

Light Hera. Get. what team other than a Devil team can light Hero run in?

I can't believe I got Light Hera before Hera-Ur...

Ducarmel

who would be on that team?

Well it depends on you box assuming you want to go with all farmable stuff

I posted this some time ago
Maybe an alternative to your healer DQXQ team would be to build an all light row enhancement team

farnable subs include

Divigon from gift dungeon or Izanami descended
Lemon dragon also from gift dungeon which we have not gotten yet.
Unicorn
Himi Udon
Tiny Alma
Sandalphon
Hera-Sowilo
Mephisto when we get him
The skills are a mixed bag but all those cards have row enhancement, Divigon has 2 light row enhancement and gives you the luxury of having the ability to busty him with five different sub attribute to cover the colors you may be missing.

So and example team

DQXQ / Light Red Divigon / Lemon Dragon / Hera-Sowilo / wildcard / DQXQ friend

So depending on the wildcard you can have 7-8 light row enhacements

A more REM focus team would have Thor, Venus but some would also sacrifice 2-3 row enhancement for Apollo and Izanagi as subs for a strong final burst on the boss stage.

Anyone can put out a eter al jade Sonia or seal (high level, plus egg welcome but not really mandatory)? Post your id in case as i might have to add you :)
Gonna tackle zombie dragon :p

On a side note was hera rush yesterday or today? I was smiling yesterday and reception was horrible so no pad for me... Hope i've not missed it, but i can't find hera rush on the listen dungeon :p

Looks like we're getting Poring Tower this week. Kind of a mixed blessing for me as I don't have Valkyrie or Lilith yet, and who knows when it will come around again. I guess I'll just expand my box space and hold on to a bunch of each.

Top Bottom