• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Really looking forward to this event. Gonna take a shot at Noah, Hera-Ur, Satan, and maybe Zeus.Also I can finally pick up a Drawn Joker. If everything goes well my Lu By team will be much better off.

Quantum

Happy for new content, haven't figured out what I will do with my Lucifer. I haven't pulled a Ronia so I might make my first D/R.

Unclear why the stamina still requires 10 minutes per tick when it was officially changed in JP - seems like the easiest thing to change and the biggest slap in the face they could give with a version upgrade.

oh well, such is PAD - always looking forward to the new and always getting less than hoped for.

Sure - you can now increase the number of boxes to 1500, just like JP!
No - no - you can't have the increased stamina regen yet (but buy the box space instead!)

I wish that Gungho would make a larger effort in supporting the US version, I feel that if we received similar support the number of people playing would increase much faster than the current linear increase that is happening now. That increased userbase would certainly help bringing fresh content to the US.

I have spent a huge amount supporting this game and have no regrets other than I am a little bitter about the re-investment and support given to my version. (for reference at this point I have purchased more than 1000 stones).

at this point I would love the option to transfer my entire account to the JP server - it would be nice to play at the front of the curve.

Ah well, /rantoff.

linear progression:

US release: 12/2012
1 million d/l NA 07/27/13 (~7.5 months)
2 million d/l NA 10/30/13 (~3 months)
3 million d/l NA 03/07/14 (~ 4.25 months)
4 million d/l NA 05/30/14 (~ 2.75 months)
5 million d/l NA 09/16/14 (~ 3.5 months )

edit: stamina recharge was in 7.2 (so maybe in next version)

Hige

Sure - you can now increase the number of boxes to 1500, just like JP!
No - no - you can't have the increased stamina regen yet (but buy the box space instead!)
The 1500 box spaces came a while before the 5 min stamina update on the JP version. NA updates generally follow a similar timeline, though some things come earlier or later than they did on JP. I imagine they want to save it for PAD Chapter 2's launch in the NA version.

Quantum

The 1500 box spaces came a while before the 5 min stamina update on the JP version. NA updates generally follow a similar timeline, though some things come earlier or later than they did on JP. I imagine they want to save it for PAD Chapter 2's launch in the NA version.

Yes - I added an edit about the stamina in my post, I didn't want to change everything I had said - I'm still a little bummed about it, but respect that Gungho is following a pattern.

(Although I think PADw was released prior to the increased box size, but thats another argument)

Hige

PADW is one of those things I was thinking of when I said some things come later lol. I feel like the holdup with that might be as mundane as the English translation needing to fit inside of a small text window/bubble or something silly. I don't think the translation side of it should have taken this long. Even PADX and PADGuide have what are essentially fan translations available already.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Do we know anything about the "100% skill up" thing? There are monsters I want to skill up but I know it will never happen. This could help :\

Do we know anything about the "100% skill up" thing? There are monsters I want to skill up but I know it will never happen. This could help :
From what I hear, the guaranteed skillup monsters only appear in the coin dungeons and are rare as fuck, and aren't a 100% guaranteed drop.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Box space is REALLY worth the money!
While I was farming Horus skill ups I almost filled my 1100 spaces!
Am always filling no less than 900 spaces all the time.

I am too addicted to rolling the damn REM :(
Speaking of which, any rumours on what the next godfest has in store?

razterik

Best thing about Shinra Bansho is our first rider skill up. Wafer has Arthur's skill. And he's used for almost every evolution in the collab. I would hope we get the second version of the dungeon since it's more useful.

Ducarmel

My hype for Shiva skill up deflated just a tiny bit after realizing his skill up is a rare appearance and not a guaranteed drop. I hope its not that bad as it sounds.

Poring Tower sucks. I'm averaging maybe 2 useful drops per run, and only 1 dungeon specific drop per run.

Assuming we get 2x drops should I run master? I can't remember which one I preferred. I don't particularly need any slimes any more.

Jagernaut

Poring Tower sucks. I'm averaging maybe 2 useful drops per run, and only 1 dungeon specific drop per run.

Assuming we get 2x drops should I run master? I can't remember which one I preferred. I don't particularly need any slimes any more.

Master is full of demons, I only run it for a chance of getting the red poring boss drop. I prefer 2x expert for everything else.

Master is full of demons, I only run it for a chance of getting the red poring boss drop. I prefer 2x expert for everything else.

Ah. I forgot about the demons. Expert it is.

Edit: first round of poring tower feeds, not bad.

Titan 0/5
Cu Chu 0/3
Fairlion 3/9
Second Vamp 3/9

Gaspode_T

What are the high evo ninjas useful for? I have always merged away every ninja I got (get tons through the pal machine for some reason)

What are the high evo ninjas useful for? I have always merged away every ninja I got (get tons through the pal machine for some reason)

One of them (I think the dark type one) has Morning Star as their active skill, which IIRC deals 300k dark damage in exchange for lowering your HP to one. Really useful skill.

razterik

Red - doggies, skill up unreleased fire dragon knight, heartbreak for fire orbs, maybe useful for low cost red teams but Gigas already has great stats for this.

Green - Thumbelina skill, green devil heart maker.

Blue - sexy ninja healer girl, Snow White skill, has skill lock resist.

Dark - budget Morning Star, AA Lucifer skill.

Light - Baal skill, low cost HP tank, no RCV.

Evo materials are no joke, but some already drop evolved in future descend dungeons. Essentially another skill up to farm somewhere.

Gaspode_T

Yeah I didn't notice there was a mystic mask there in the evo list...dark / purple keepers and masks are pretty easy for me to use because some times I sell them off from having surplus after farming for the mystics...

Who knows maybe they will throw the high ones in the pal machine too

quin

I ran the tamadora coin dungeon today and walked away with 52 tamadoras/baby tamadoras. It is impossible to die if you have 2 poisons.

After this dungeon is open, no one should have any problems with awakenings. The only question is whether to feed the babies or evolve them.

razterik

Average stamina to evolve a baby is higher than running the new dungeon, right? Feed 'em.

Also, Indian 2.0 RBG getting buffed to minimum 6 turns and orb drop rate increased (20%?). That's good. Just in time for old versions to show up in NA Godfest. They did this same pattern with Heroes, too.

Physical/healer meat bun girl, I need you in my life.

Poor physical Seiryuu. Every other 30 million commemorative wallpaper is the Chinese girl Twinlit form. You get dragon girl instead, heh.

Hige

With that many? Definitely just feed them. I still have 3 sitting around since I can't get Dub-topalits to drop from T6 or the Friday dungeon. I went 11/20 just feeding the babies directly.

quin

Average stamina to evolve a baby is higher than running the new dungeon, right? Feed 'em.

Also, Indian 2.0 RBG getting buffed to minimum 6 turns and orb drop rate increased (20%?). That's good. Just in time for old versions to show up in NA Godfest. They did this same pattern with Heroes, too.

Physical/healer meat bun girl, I need you in my life.

it took me 15 tama−babies to get four awakenings. 😅 I'll save them for now. haha

there was almost no increase in drops with the Indian 2.0 gods. I hope this helps.

Taz

Been running DK. War Dragon(master) for Haku skill ups since it started, not one single invade, my question is, currently I'm rank 125, do I ignore things like this and just concentrate on ranking up and levelling up my team(s) my team levels are between 30-63 subs and my Haku-D/R is level 84(+22).

razterik

Watery Temptress dungeon starts in a week. It is much easier to skill up Haku there than from invades. Focus on building up your team for now.

quin

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140925_newmonster.html

New Gotcha monsters and the two new Godfest monsters.

Light kari
- active skill all orbs to fire, water. wood, light and dark
- leader skill is 5x attack with fire, water, wood, light, and dark combo.

Dark kari
- active skill all orbs to fire, water. wood, light, dark, and heart
- leader skill is 6x attack with fire, water, wood, light, dark, and heart combo.

I guess when the change is made all the necessary orbs will be on the board?

New JP godfest is boosting Metatron rates by 3x as well which confuses me. I thought it was confirmed by PADEU that all godfest exclusive mons also had the rates silently applied to them too?

Quantum

New JP godfest is boosting Metatron rates by 3x as well which confuses me. I thought it was confirmed by PADEU that all godfest exclusive mons also had the rates silently applied to them too?

Maybe its 3x their appearance rate which is not the same as 3x godfest rates?

without full disclosure it doesn't matter :)

smbu2000

I thought it was at they are being excluded from the 3X godfest rates of the others and will only come out at the normal rate.

The two new GF only characters will be out at 3X rates though. Usually a new GF only character only comes out at a normal rate until their second GF.

Definitely loving the 5min stamina refill. Yesterday I played the Wed. Dungeon 5 times (3 blue masks, 2 green) and I still had plenty of stamina left over. No level ups or anything and my stamina is only 113, atm.
I wasn't planning on doing it 5 times, but I wanted two green ones for Kushinada and my first three tries were all blue...
I used my green and blue one for U&Y last week.

smbu2000

I ran the tamadora coin dungeon today and walked away with 52 tamadoras/baby tamadoras. It is impossible to die if you have 2 poisons.

After this dungeon is open, no one should have any problems with awakenings. The only question is whether to feed the babies or evolve them.
Wow, that's really good! How much stamina does each try use?

I want to make some money on the weekend and possibly try it out.

Azusa

Light kari

Dark kari
- leader skill is 6x attack with fire, water, wood, light, dark, and heart combo.

I want that light kari. Maybe I should start JP account...

quin

Wow, that's really good! How much stamina does each try use?

I want to make some money on the weekend and possibly try it out.

It's 99 stamina. For four guaranteed tama-babies and a possible tamadora (they invade as well with a 100% drop so it could be 2 or more) it feels well worth it. Run it once a month and you are all set.

I thought it was at they are being excluded from the 3X godfest rates of the others and will only come out at the normal rate.

The two new GF only characters will be out at 3X rates though. Usually a new GF only character only comes out at a normal rate until their second GF.

I'm not so sure about this. On the site it has her listed with the other GodFest only Monsters. Only Metatron is listed under the 3x. It is a bit strange. Maybe they have something special planned for the Metatrons.

I want that light kari. Maybe I should start JP account...

It has been so long since I've used a combo monster that I don't think I could use her. haha. I guess she is the light horus and the Dark one is the Dark Ra

Jagernaut

It's 99 stamina. For four guaranteed tama-babies and a possible tamadora (they invade as well with a 100% drop so it could be 2 or more) it feels well worth it. Run it once a month and you are all set.

I would have to wait until I reach 198 stamina so I could run it twice on 1 stamina bar. I'm at 169 stamina now.

quin

I would have to wait until I reach 198 stamina so I could run it twice on 1 stamina bar. I'm at 169 stamina now.

True. Because it is only 1 hour you would probably want either 99 or 198 stamina. It is expensive to do, but if you really need Tamadoras, this can't be beat.

Althane

Is Weekend Dungeon the best way to get coins? I've been sitting at around 4 mil, comfortable in my fusion bank, and it hasn't really wavered from that since I haven't done much +fusion, and I've not been running the Weekend Dungeon.

Not a hard place to run, with the tricolor bonus. My monored team just rips straight though it. Just curious if there's a more efficient way to get cash money.

Light kari

Dark kari

Uh I can somewhat read Japanese and Light Kari doesn't mention wood in her leader skill. The kanji in order is fire, water,light, dark.

Her active skill is fire, water, wood, light, dark tho.

Top Bottom