• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Seriously guys...Running the Daily dungeons hoping for Rainbow, Mystic Masks, or Dubmytlits outside of a 2x event is not an efficient use of stamina.

ZeroAKA

Seriously guys...Running the Daily dungeons hoping for Rainbow, Mystic Masks, or Dubmytlits outside of a 2x event is not an efficient use of stamina.
I was convinced that Rainbow Keeper was a 100% drop until I saw someone post that it wasn't a few days ago. Mystic Masks and Dubmythlit rates haven't been too bad for me either. Naga in the Scarlet Snake Princess dungeon, on the other hand...

Dunlop

I did not realize they were that rare.

Was it a 2x yesterday? I was 4/4 for Rainbow Keeper, I assumed it was an almost 100% drop rate normally lol

I did not realize they were that rare.

Was it a 2x yesterday? I was 4/4 for Rainbow Keeper, I assumed it was an almost 100% drop rate normally lol

Rainbow Keeper has a drop rate of somewhere from 40%-60% so most people see him.

He just falls off whenever you need him most and it is not 2x.

That around 50% drop rate is why he goes up to just about 100% during 2x. I don't know anyone who has not had him drop during 2x.

shinjijai

Seeing if you guys can help me decide on who I should put for the last spot for my Byakko team:

Current team:
Byakko
EoS Echidna
UA Hades
Awoken Hera IS

So for the last spot I have DVL, Awoken Hera, RK, CDK, ErE Siegfried, or Abyss Neptune.

Genji

Good to know, I've been running the dailies at least once or twice each day. If I need a specific mask or dragon material for an evo, do I just wait until the 2x events and then stock up on everything?

+egg drops are "CHING CHING CHING YOU HIT THE JACKPOT"

Haha I am the same way! Will usually be on mute as I'm mostly at work or with others. During those lovely moments when I can game alone, however, the sound comes on. Also, sound is guaranteed on during any descended runs or during godfests. Nothing beats that chime when an egg comes out with +stat - even better when the egg is gold!

Still never had a Tamadra drop in JP out of the 2 I've seen and nothing seen on US side.

Hell yes. Sometimes, I'll just stare at the +egg. They're so pretty.

Had some good luck with Emerald Dragon dungeon yesterday. RNG trying to keep the tamadoras away, and being generous with Kings.

C4tLKlSl.jpg

Good to know, I've been running the dailies at least once or twice each day. If I need a specific mask or dragon material for an evo, do I just wait until the 2x events and then stock up on everything?
That's usually the plan, unless you have an urgent need for an Evo mat and can't wait till the next event rolls around.

Flambe

10 PAL pulls, 4 dragon dungeons and haven't seen a Tamadra yet =[ Lots of kings though is okay!

Also I'm as Flambe@GAF (323,774,206) with low level (so far) SOD Lucifer, DA Metatron, Isis, Awoken Odin, Kirin leaders typically.

I'd love Hera-Is but doubt my guys are high enough =[ Maybe resolve team is the way to go?

So, I'm thinking of using either a Horus or a Haku team for Athena. What would you guys suggest?

EDIT: I just had the worst Lagavulin run. Steamrolled the whole way through with Goemon+Satan, and then I got choked for orbs on Lagavulin and got almost no reds for three turns and died. Balls.

6 runs of sapphire dragons, still no Egg monster appearances.

Hey I watched the Puzzle and Dragon japanese commercial yesterday and noticed that there was a battle where you fight Orochi. Where is THAT battle because it sure is not in my game...

Yeah. I'm sitting on 3 TAMADRAS and not sure what to use them on. The 2 Odins look like good candidates, but I don't use them much. But that could change with the new Awoken skills. That's probably why GH is updating some normal special dungeons to technical dungeons. Dual GrOdins with autoheal Awoken skills would be pretty broken in most normal dungeons. They could reduce a single 25K damage attack to just 1000 damage and autoheal it in a single turn. Add additional sub members with autoheal Awoken skills and you increase the damage you can take every turn.

I've even theorized a possible farm team for Celestial Black Dragon:

7H766CZ.png

Golem must be max skilled or 1 less if helper Odin only has 1 Skill Boost. Same for the Ogres. With all monsters having maximum Awakenings, this team has a total Skill Boost of 11, allowing the Ogres and Golem to activate their skills on the first turn. With Golem activated, each Ogre's skill will kill every High Dragon of the opposite color. The only flaw with this team is that it requires at least 1 Dragon to be the only one of its element to appear. So, if 2 Ruby and 2 Sapphires appear in the first battle, you'll need to sweep the round and hope you can single out 1 of the King Dragons in the next battle. You need something like 2 Ruby, 1 Sapphire, 1 Emerald, or 3 Emerald, 1 Sapphire so you can single out 1 Dragon while recharging all skills. Dual Odins with autoheal fully recovers HP every turn. As long as the dungeon starts out with a singled-out High Dragon the rest of the dungeon should be a breeze. Once both Odins are charged, it makes it even easier to manage the rest of the battles by eliminating all but 1 Dragon each round to recharge skills. In the boss round, 1-shot each of the side Dragons and slowly kill Zaerog with Odins' skills which should deal over 200K damage every 17 turns for maxed-out Odins without +ATK or skill-ups. Odins reduce Zaerog's attack to 4000 damage every 3 turns. Odins' autoheal will recover 3000HP in that span, so you only need to heal 1000 HP every 3 turns, which shouldn't be a problem. Even if only 1 Odin has autoheal, it shouldn't be hard to heal 2500HP every 3 turns.

Having a consistent farm team for Celestial Black Dragon would be great, but the most unreliable part will be finding GrOdin helpers with at least 1 Skill Boost Awakening. I might have to run a second account on another device to roll a GrOdin and Awaken him with 1 Skill Boost just to use as a constant helper for farming this dungeon.

GC:

Your theory seems to work. Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTo_PXHT0lc Posted in FB Group.

Not the exact same sub setup, but close enough.

Musan

Seeing if you guys can help me decide on who I should put for the last spot for my Byakko team:

Current team:
Byakko
EoS Echidna
UA Hades
Awoken Hera IS

So for the last spot I have DVL, Awoken Hera, RK, CDK, ErE Siegfried, or Abyss Neptune.

Seeing, what you have, Hera would be alright for descends, CDK or vampire Lord would be good for clearing fast stuff.

As to what to aim for, I would say geting an ECO dumpty or Hera ur should be your priority.

Limit

After about 200 stamina spent running X dragon dungeons, one Tamadra finally dropped. If this ratio continues to hold up then acquiring a Tamadra isn't too bad. I was expecting much worse.

After about 200 stamina spent running X dragon dungeons, one Tamadra finally dropped. If this ratio continues to hold up then acquiring a Tamadra isn't too bad. I was expecting much worse.

I've spent way more stamina than that on the dragon dungeons and I have not even SEEN a Tamadra.

The rate is terrible...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It's more annoying than anything. I got another one during a Blue run. I still don't know what to spend these 2 Tamadra on.

Jagernaut

Always good to check out the Chinese Wikia for new dungeons that have been in Japan for a while:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/アテナ_降臨!/參考隊伍

There's a couple of Lucifer helper teams that can supposedly zero/low stone on this list. I think I'm going to try the mono fire team first before relying on the spike damage monsters:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DRiXWPdN-iQ

Interesting video, I'm surprised he waited until Athena was almost dead before using Goemon. I'm thinking about running Ares/Homura/Horus/Echidna/Goemon/Freyr. When I get Athena down to the green half, I might be able to one shot kill her.

How do I calculate the total damage for a full enhanced red board (+ 2.8x) plus fire enhancement (+ 1.5x)?

GC:

You're theory seems to work. Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTo_PXHT0lc Posted in FB Group.

Not the exact same sub setup, but close enough.
Cool. Thanks for the YT vid. Obviously not the same monsters, but the theory is exactly the same. I see it was uploaded today, so no one can say I stole my idea from it. =p

That's an almost impossible setup for most players though. The player has 3 max skilled Odins. That's crazy! I don't know if the helper Odin is the same player's secondary account but even if not, 2 max skilled Odins is still crazy.

My team is much more attainable with the only REM-only monster being GrOdin and he doesn't even need to be skilled-up.

Personally, I already have a max skill Dark MK III with 1 awakening and 2 more Dark Golems that just need to be evolved for the final 2 awakenings. I have 3 TAMADRAs so only need 2 more to fully awaken Odin. And the Ogres should all be relatively easy to max skill and awaken.

PSA: If anyone is trying to max skill Flare Drall with the Eco mobs, Dungeon of Fire is half stamina right now. It drops Red Sprites and Dragon Seeds that are used to evolve the Flare Drall and Fortoytops/Parvati skill-up mobs, respectively. And at only 2 stamina per run, it's a cheap and easy way to amass Pal points. Lead with Kagutsuchi for the quickest runs.

*Goes back to farming*

Nista

Alrighty, I need to get a Hera-is this time around. What do you fine gentlemen suggest I do for maximum Legendary farming (no Luci or Kirin)?

Sadly I don't have my Ceres evolved up yet for my devil team, or I'd think about running it. Just not enough healing power as is.

Interesting video, I'm surprised he waited until Athena was almost dead before using Goemon. I'm thinking about running Ares/Homura/Horus/Echidna/Goemon/Freyr. When I get Athena down to the green half, I might be able to one shot kill her.

How do I calculate the total damage for a full enhanced red board (+ 2.8x) plus fire enhancement (+ 1.5x)?

I think it's (Fire ATK) x (7.75) x (2.8) x (1.5) x (4) x (2) if she's in the green. With no cascade matches, thats a 260.4x multiplier of your base fire attack.

That's about 1.8 million damage assuming your base attack is around 7k. So in the video he was being super conservative for some reason.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cool. Thanks for the YT vid. Obviously not the same monsters, but the theory is exactly the same. I see it was uploaded today, so no one can say I stole my idea from it. =p

That's an almost impossible setup for most players though. The player has 3 max skilled Odins. That's crazy! I don't know if the helper Odin is the same player's secondary account but even if not, 2 max skilled Odins is still crazy.

My team is much more attainable with the only REM-only monster being GrOdin and he doesn't even need to be skilled-up.

Personally, I already have a max skill Dark MK III with 1 awakening and 2 more Dark Golems that just need to be evolved for the final 2 awakenings. I have 3 TAMADRAs so only need 2 more to fully awaken Odin. And the Ogres should all be relatively easy to max skill and awaken.

PSA: If anyone is trying to max skill Flare Drall with the Eco mobs, Dungeon of Fire is half stamina right now. It drops Red Sprites and Dragon Seeds that are used to evolve the Flare Drall and Fortoytops/Parvati skill-up mobs, respectively. And at only 2 stamina per run, it's a cheap and easy way to amass Pal points. Lead with Kagutsuchi for the quickest runs.

*Goes back to farming*

Thanks - I need those mats, ha.

coy

6 runs of sapphire dragons, still no Egg monster appearances.

Hey I watched the Puzzle and Dragon japanese commercial yesterday and noticed that there was a battle where you fight Orochi. Where is THAT battle because it sure is not in my game...

Maybe it was from Puzzle & Dragon Challenge? Only time I've ever fought Viper Orochi.

Athena <3

Still unsure how to tackle her so I may skip this round and concentrate on the other goodies. Really need to grab hella Dubmyths since might be spending most of my time in Tower of Jewels if it treats me kindly early on.

E: Oh man, one of the commenter tips in that Kotaku article: "All plus monsters sell for many times their original value." Hoping nobody takes this advice.

Tobe

ok after playing for a while im currently in nerva forest or some shit like that. the tower of giants goddamn that shit was hard. finally im understanding how to really exploit the combo system and boy is the game hard without good supports. without isis or midgard some of the dungeons wouldve been impossible. currently ive spent a chunk of my stones on capacity.

this is my monsters box and ive assembled i think a lot of evo material and i really dont know what to do. (currently i havent rolled the 2nd time) what should i do gaf?

btw im Tobe@GAF

btw i have 3 more of the last dark dragon material, they didnt fit in the screen.

Maybe it was from Puzzle & Dragon Challenge? Only time I've ever fought Viper Orochi.

Athena <3

Still unsure how to tackle her so I may skip this round and concentrate on the other goodies. Really need to grab hella Dubmyths since might be spending most of my time in Tower of Jewels if it treats me kindly early on.

E: Oh man, one of the commenter tips in that Kotaku article: "All plus monsters sell for many times their original value." Hoping nobody takes this advice.

Ok what is the puzzle drAgon challenge, and why do we not have it for the us version?

Ok Ra team or satan team for Athena?

Ra is kill no hits stall on chu chu to charge any grav skills, satan requires stalling on chu chu and then grav, grav, grav (leaves about 1.3 million) then massive attacks.

Satan will be easier to stall with because his team has two colors, blue and dark. So matching red, light and green are a-ok since they will not damage him (until an unlucky cascade). I can use 1 satan to finish off chu chu (because Athena heals)

coy

Ok what is the puzzle drAgon challenge, and why do we not have it for the us version?

Unfortunately, it only came out for a limited duration when the spring Fan Fest occurred in Japan and only for their region. With the continuing popularity of the game, they should release the app and for all regions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And Kirin is maxed! *phew*

Next up...No idea! I still have a blue Snow Globe to feed. No idea who should get it. My Hera-Is is already 94, so it'd be a waste on her. Viper Orochi is only 30 or so, but I don't know if he's as good as he used to be. I've also got a BlOdin, Hermes, I&I, and Siegfried all at low levels.

razterik

And Kirin is maxed! *phew*

Next up...No idea! I still have a blue Snow Globe to feed. No idea who should get it. My Hera-Is is already 94, so it'd be a waste on her. Viper Orochi is only 30 or so, but I don't know if he's as good as he used to be. I've also got a BlOdin, Hermes, I&I, and Siegfried all at low levels.

I leveled my Orochi and haven't used him since outside testing mono-blue Goemon farming. Echidna steals his spot almost everywhere. Assuming you have Gabriel to replace the dragon, I would put him into Siegfried if he runs on a lot of your teams. Blue Odin is also a good choice due to his awesome stats and awoken abilities. I&I is pretty good and Hermes is dead last for his terrible stat growth.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I leveled my Orochi and haven't used him since outside testing mono-blue Goemon farming. Echidna steals his spot almost everywhere. Assuming you have Gabriel to replace the dragon, I would put him into Siegfried if he runs on a lot of your teams. Blue Odin is also a good choice due to his awesome stats and awoken abilities. I&I is pretty good and Hermes is dead last for his terrible stat growth.

I haven't used Siegfried yet, but that's more because he's freshly evolved as of last week. I imagine I could probably get use with him on a Kirin team, but BlOdin IS pretty sick. I'm going to go between those two and see who I'll get more use out of.

coy

I haven't used Siegfried yet, but that's more because he's freshly evolved as of last week. I imagine I could probably get use with him on a Kirin team, but BlOdin IS pretty sick. I'm going to go between those two and see who I'll get more use out of.

Really love Sieg on my Kirin team. Only use Hera-Is during descended where gravity is key (which I suppose is all of them). That being said, my vote goes to Blue Odin for the reasons previously stated.

razterik

this is my monsters box and ive assembled i think a lot of evo material and i really dont know what to do. (currently i havent rolled the 2nd time) what should i do gaf?

Idunn&Idunna is your bread and butter monster for the foreseeable future. Get her leveled and evolved however you can. Best pairing is with a friend Hermes, the blue postman looking fella, for a 2x HP, 4x ATK, 2x RCV team. You need to fill out your team with some blue monsters. Evolve that blue starter dragon. A couple blue penguins from the ECO collab wouldn't hurt to have for now and you should be able to handle the lowest stage at least. Try to get past Fire Forest Nerva and you can snag some okay blue stuff from Sea Cave Mercury.

Honestly, if you aren't in desperate need of those evo materials, they are just filling your box. You can fuse the metal dragons for exp, and consider selling the golds for 3k each (don't always do this, but that gold will help you out at this level). You can also sell most of those masks since you aren't using them for anything right now and they are not difficult to acquire more.

Try as hard as you can to pass some dungeons and earn a few more stones before this weekend. A Godfest will likely be on Saturday or Sunday evening, which means much better chances to pull something good from the Rare Egg Machine. If you can get 10-15 stones built up, you might get something really nice and any non-God pulls will be pretty decent for you right now as well.

Does anyone have a maxed out Freyr with a bunch of +eggs? I think my best option for Athena right now is mono red. I could fall back on Ra or Satan, but my Satan is pretty low level and I never quite feel comfortable with Ra.

razterik

Does anyone have a maxed out Freyr with a bunch of +eggs? I think my best option for Athena right now is mono red. I could fall back on Ra or Satan, but my Satan is pretty low level and I never quite feel comfortable with Ra.

I've got a guy on my list that always runs his Freyr with max level/max skill and something like 100+ eggs. I can post his ID later if you want, although I don't know if he has any open spots.

I think I am going in with Kirin, heh. Might as well use that maxed out Angelion I made in preparation for the 6.0.2 we should have gotten... Still looking at Byakko, mono-red, and straight up Horus.

StMeph

My Freyr is maxed, but only has 59 eggs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have one Luci team option that gives me 71k HP for Athena. I imagine if I could figure out how to farm +eggs like some of these people (as well as put a few more levels into BlOdin since Snow Globe only took him to 76), I could hit the 80k mark. Still not enough to survive a hit from Gigas or Starburst. 100k HP is at least POSSIBLE...

E: Max skill GrOdin and BlOdin were possible in JP thanks to the EVA collab. Makes sense, ha.

the only lead I really have up is Light Metatron but her awoken skills are mostly useless
thinking about whether or not I wanna dump them in Isis
hers are really nice for Tri-color but she already makes tricolor a breeze
and I rarely ever have her up as a lead so it won't net me more pal points

Top Bottom