• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

bjork

I think I'm gonna have to throw in the towel on this game for now, heh. I don't have the patience to farm dragons and pengdras to try and max out my guys and whatnot. But it's a cool game, maybe I'll come back to it later on.

I think I'm gonna have to throw in the towel on this game for now, heh. I don't have the patience to farm dragons and pengdras to try and max out my guys and whatnot. But it's a cool game, maybe I'll come back to it later on.

I did this for a few months and just logged in when they were giving away free stones. When I got back I was happy to have them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did 2 descend runs, got 1 berserk and 1 highlander. Feelsgood.jpeg

Yeah, you can't even activate (to overwrite) King Woodsie if you have Robin's buff up. The issue there is that these kind of spike damage teams really need that one big turn for anything other than casual farming. If you're just casual farming you can just run high stat subs or high skill orb changers and get a similar effect. But when you need to noscope a boss that 27x burst turn is crucial.

JP Godfest starts in a little under an hour. 3x on :

Bastet
Kirin
Lucifer
Dark Metatron (!!)
Horus
Hades
Ceres
Venus
Haku

and some other good stuff (Orochi, Amaretsu, Neptune, ). Going to start rerolling there tonight until I get a Bastet, Kirin, or Haku.
who has the apk for the jp version?

maks

Cleared the Joker dungeon thanks to double robin team :)

0 stoned it on master (no drop)
3 stoned it on legend (i continued since i only had one robin friend)

Genji

5 rolls:

Archangel Metratron
Dino Rider
Mystic Ice Knight
AA Lucifer (dupe)
Amon

No JP 2.0 gods at all :( How's AA Metraton on a Valk team?

ZeroAKA

Pulled once and got Fallen Angel Lucifer. I should have known better than to roll during a Dark/Demon Godfest, but at least it's not one of those farmable 3/4 star monsters or yet another Horus.

Is Fallen Angel Lucifer useful at all? Maybe for Zeus/Valkyrie Descends?

Limit

Pulled once and got Fallen Angel Lucifer. I should have known better than to roll during a Dark/Demon Godfest, but at least it's not one of those farmable 3/4 star monsters or yet another Horus.

Is Fallen Angel Lucifer useful at all? Maybe for Zeus/Valkyrie Descends?

Solid sub for a devil team. Good awakenings too.

man I am running hot on the JP server

- cleared master of jewels-expert w/ orochi and got me some nice dub-jewel subs for my rank 16 team.

- did one last godfest roll and pulled AA Lucifer. Kirin's about to get carried, lol.

I should have not done the last pull, but I'm not complaining because kushinadahime is the new JP god I wanted most. Freyr and persephone are good, but I'm not really in need of dark/fire leaders.

Persephone and Freyr are tremendous subs for specific teams, even if you don't use them as leaders. You rolled really well this fest.

chrono01

So I used my 40 Magic Stones.

I got:

Gods:

Vrita
Ame no Uzume

I used one set of Magic Stones at the Batman REM for the first time, I got BAO Batman + Batwing.

I'm tempted to purchase more stones for this Godfest, I'd like to get another Japanese God if I can...

SOMEONE STOP ME!

Ashodin

I got:

Gods:

Vrita
Ame no Uzume

I used one set of Magic Stones at the Batman REM for the first time, I got BAO Batman + Batwing.

I'm tempted to purchase more stones for this Godfest, I'd like to get another Japanese God if I can...

SOMEONE STOP ME!
Too embarrassed to post the other stuff bro?

I got:

Gods:

Vrita
Ame no Uzume

SOMEONE STOP ME!

Just to reiterate-the REM is not your friend. Everyone needs to understand this. It is the great enemy. It is one the worst expenditure of stones you can possibly make in the game outside of in-dungeon revives on non-descends.

However, It's ok to give the ol' dragon a tug now and then, but mass rolling is really only advisable if you really need a gamechanger for your box OR the godfest gods are really good for you. This is a good time to be rolling if you need a spike leader, for example , as there are a few in the godfest pool+ Dark Metatron if you are heavy IAP.

I wouldn't go ham on this godfest though. Chinese and Egyptian are still the top tier, and blowing mass stones on those is much more understandable.

chrono01

Too embarrassed to post the other stuff bro?
Yes. ~_~

A Vampire Lord, Vampire, Ice Golem, Titan +1, Dragon Knight.

Just to reiterate-the REM is not your friend. Everyone needs to understand this. It is the great enemy. It is one the worst expenditure of stones you can possibly make in the game outside of in-dungeon revives on non-descends.

However, It's ok to give the ol' dragon a tug now and then, but mass rolling is really only advisable if you really need a gamechanger for your box OR the godfest gods are really good for you. This is a good time to be rolling if you need a spike leader, for example , as there are a few in the godfest pool+ Dark Metatron if you are heavy IAP.

I wouldn't go ham on this godfest though. Chinese and Egyptian are still the top tier, and blowing mass stones on those is much more understandable.
True enough.

As it turns out the Canadian store is having issues right now that's making it impossible to purchase Magic Stones. So maybe that's fate's way of saying I've had enough?

After getting shafted for at least the last 7-10 pulls on previous godfests I pulled once here and got : [No.801] Umisachiyamasachi
Seems alright I suppose. I tend to suck with the 4x combo Gods though. Better than what I normally get so I'm not complaining.

After getting shafted for at least the last 7-10 pulls on previous godfests I pulled once here and got : [No.801] Umisachiyamasachi
Seems alright I suppose. I tend to suck with the 4x combo Gods though. Better than what I normally get so I'm not complaining.

Two hunters and Kirin are much harder than Horus to start out with, but once you get to max skill orb changers and heartbreakers, they are insanely strong and more straightforward to play, with colossal burst damage. Your god doesn't have the mini-gravity of a Kirin but does have something that is still going to push out some really good DPS.

Minor suggestion for you-you are really going to want one of those batman delay creatures since running Echidna on your team is basically terrible, and you are going to want to have at least one turn delay so you can blow both you and your friend's orb changes on two separate turns.

Ashodin

So I got

801.jpg

This. Is it good guys?

Bleh. Rolled an MSK from REM.

Decided what the hey, and rolled the batcha.

I got dark dark bats! He's good right? Good choice for low cost descend, and can use luci friends right? Am I missing anything else?

Edit: YES Ashodin!!

Wanchan

Pulled 10 Times :

- Dragon Rider
- Vampire
- Basilisk
- Venus (??)
- Umisachi & Yamasachi
- Hatsume no Tsubone (good for my Kirin team)
- Okuninushi
- Izanagi
- Blue Odin (my first one!)
- Kushinadahime

and stop there since Kushinada was the one i wanted in this godfest, really happy this time, lots of gold eggs overall, too bad still no dark metatron & no red jp god.

5am here, good night. :D

Flambe

Welp one of those godfests lol.

Sucubus, naga, shardra, 2 dralls, Blue golem, Vampire, dryad, Fairlio, green knight, 2 light knights, and:

Belial
Izanagi
Fallen Angel luci
Dark golem mk 3
Anubis

Last 6 pulls were all 3* eggs =s can't let it end on that note arr

Edit: oh yeah not one single skillup from the crappy ones either!

Belial
Izanagi
Fallen Angel luci
Dark golem mk 3
Anubis

You know what must be done. The OTG does not merely come out of the egg machine. He CHOSE you for his great work.

(I got one in JP and my long long long term goal is to 0-stone every mythical descend with him)

saichi

Mystic Masks are at least farmable once you get to Ocean of Heaven. The real pain is Dub-Mythlits.

word.

sitting on 4 masks and 0 dubs. I rarely see them outside of friday dungeon.

I have a lot of luck with Dub-Mythlits and even with some success on Mystic Mask this week. BUt I can't get a damn Keeper of Light for any reason. I always get the dark one! ><

Re: Godfest

I got Okuninushi, Pierdrawn, Titan, Basilisk x 2 for 5 pulls. Got trolled so hard :(

Cels

haven't been playing much for the past couple months, but tonight i got

Lucifer (I know a lot of people on GAF use him, judging from my helper list)
Odin
Dark Dragon Knight

really need to find a way to clear the expert friday dungeon so i can evolve some of my dudes

Odin
Dark Dragon Knight

really need to find a way to clear the expert friday dungeon so i can evolve some of my dudes

Which Odin did you get? The green one makes clearing Wed/Friday dungeons VERY easy.

Flambe

You know what must be done. The OTG does not merely come out of the egg machine. He CHOSE you for his great work.

(I got one in JP and my long long long term goal is to 0-stone every mythical descend with him)

Hahah 10x combos oh man maybe on Tricolour dungeons >.< Or I suppose you can get orb changers, this requires research but if the One True God needs me who am I to say otherwise?

ZeroAKA

Odin
Dark Dragon Knight

Use a Lucifer team and SoD Lucifer friend for a safe clear.

Edit: Finally got a Tamadra from the Pal Egg Machine!

Musan

So, doing some research into Dark Metatron, I'm beginning to think it makes the best team in the game. First of all, the best team requires 3 or 4 more more rem monsters, which can be a pain to get (Hanzo, Gryps Rider, Drgon rider arthur, Kushinadahime, and more dark metatrons), so getting one begins quite an investment.

Also, a dark metatron team can't clear every descend easily. Athena is impossible, due to RGG. Fagan and Beelzebub are tough as well, but can be done with the right skills/awakenings. These two dungeons aren't out yet, but it does point that Gungho isn't going to make new descends a piece of cake for most teams, including dark metatron.

So, a dark metatron team is still good once built up, particularly for speed, but don't expect it to be the team to end all teams.

chrono01

Dear GungHo North America [specifically, the Canadian division],

Please fix your IAP store so I can buy Magic Stones for the Godfest. It's been several hours with it being inaccessible, and it's a great inconvenience to us all.

Thank for your attention in this matter.

Best regards,,
chrono01

Flambe

Was around 8:30-8:45 when I was getting them, I'll use helping you as an excuse to buy for more pulls =D

Edit: yup worked fine, got a Kushinadahime too, hey is she cool lol.

Dark Metatron is an awesome design because it's a rare chase monster that lets IAP-happy people go completely ham with otherwise useless subs. As Gungho makes more monsters she'll only get better.

Now here's a question that came up today while we were discussing PAD power creep-if you rolled a valkyrie as your first egg from the REM off the tutorial, would you keep? Six months ago you'd get this incredulous look-of course you would! It's the chase monster of the REM! Nowadays, though, would you? I still say yes, but others disagreed. I don't think you really need the huge multipliers until very "late" in the game, and by then you either REM'd something else or you just go valk/bastet for the extra damage.

Musan

If you were trying to spend as little as possible think a post-patch Bastet will still be better in the long run, since Bastet can at least scale to do most descends. Valk teams are good for farming, but tend to hit a wall in descends around Zeus. Farming with bastet is at least somewhat easy, when compared to descend-focused teams like kirin or lucifer.

After playing this game for months, I've come to realize that just having the right mobs to do descends only matter; there is a lot of time to be spent farming mats, skill levels, exp, etc. So, you're first rem mob will make one of the two easier. I guess the appeal of dark metatron is she can do both well, with the proper investment.

razterik

5 Godfest pulls earlier. 4 straight toy dragons and then a vampire. Jeez. Definitely going back to rolling Batman with my next batch of stones.

Top Bottom