• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

suko_32

I couldn't resist and pulled 2 more times. 1 of those was a Okuninushi. Already have a Robin and max lv. Horus, but this will be a good alternative I guess.

Ducarmel

Just curious, how much have you guys spent on IAPs? I bought the $23 pack of 30 stones during the last Carnival of Likes.

60 only to end up getting Minerva the last US Godfest

I am desperate enough to spend another 60 today, but app store keeps glitching on me and declining my card. Maybe its a sign!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just had the most ridiculous OoH run ever...I saw 5 Mystic Masks and 3 Kings. NONE of them dropped. It was the ultimate kick in the balls.

I just had the most ridiculous OoH run ever...I saw 5 Mystic Masks and 3 Kings. NONE of them dropped. It was the ultimate kick in the balls.

um wow. thats nuts. I've had great luck today with everything out side of the troll egg machine.

2dub-mythlits in 2 runs
3+ eggs, 1 king, 1 mask in 3 OoH runs

Caerith

So I'm probably too high rank to be asking for team building advice, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. I usually run a mono-green team and that works fine with stuff like Ocean of Heaven or even Two Heroes, but when it comes to the harder descends (Master+, like Joker, Hera, etc), I'm pretty sure I would just be throwing money away.

Anyone mind taking a look at my monster box and suggesting what I should focus on to start handling the harder descends so I can start getting better mobs (like Goemon or anything with gravity)?

linsivvi

Just curious, how much have you guys spent on IAPs? I bought the $23 pack of 30 stones during the last Carnival of Likes.

$0. Last week received my 150 day bonus.

Last couple events when I wasted all my stones on Mythical Valkyrie and then Athena with nothing to show for it, I was almost tempted to buy some stones, but thought better of it.

Anyone mind taking a look at my monster box and suggesting what I should focus on to start handling the harder descends so I can start getting better mobs (like Goemon or anything with gravity)?

shit man . Nice box.

I would be jumping - verily, leaping at something like

Dark Metatron lead
Grpys rider sub
Omega Night Skydragon Elysion
Vampire Lord (doesn't matter he's not an attacker type. Metatron dmg is too OP)
D/D Batman
Metatron Friend

do approximately a billion damage . not joking. You will need tamadras for this but your team basically scales into the stratosphere.

Where we're going, we don't need gravity

So I'm probably too high rank to be asking for team building advice, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. I usually run a mono-green team and that works fine with stuff like Ocean of Heaven or even Two Heroes, but when it comes to the harder descends (Master+, like Joker, Hera, etc), I'm pretty sure I would just be throwing money away.

Joker is kind of a special case. I don't think there's any team that can beat him right now without a degree of luck.

Of your current monsters, it looks like Cu Chulainn is your best bet for a 9x team, and Michael should be your go-to for a tank team. Unfortunately--and this is going to suck to hear--you'll probably need to hit up the REM for some Egyptian or Chinese gods (or AA Lucifer) to get at some of the big game.

EDIT: Totally missed Dark Metatron. Yeah, she needs to be your lead.

Caerith

I was looking at Cu Chu for the 9x, but figured ADK is going to be getting a 9x ultimate soon anyway.

Thanks for the advice about Dark Meta. I'll need to farm up a bit to get her and her subs some levels and make some new friends. Are off-color pengdras still the best bet for leveling dark mobs?

I was looking at Cu Chu for the 9x, but figured ADK is going to be getting a 9x ultimate soon anyway.

Thanks for the advice about Dark Meta. I'll need to farm up a bit to get her and her subs some levels and make some new friends. Are off-color pengdras still the best bet for leveling dark mobs?
Super king metals are the way to go. I would save some stones, wait for a Super king dungeon, and then just grind through it as many times as possible.

Caerith

Some months ago, I got tired of playing and pretty much just logged in once a day to collect my PAL points and magic stones. Ever since the US version started doing events, you get like 10 stones every two weeks (plus the clear stones for limited dungeons like noel, puzzdroid, etc), so when I decided to start playing again I had 95 stones to pull with.

I'll probably buy stones though when or if I see a specially-marked kit-kat bar at the grocery store. I mean, 6 stones for like $1, and who doesn't like kit-kats?

I spent a few hundred over the summer, but haven't spent any money in almost 3 months. But I do have Luci, Ra, and Horus so really I'm pretty set on leaders.

Also, I was hoping for some input about my Satan team. My current plan is Ra, Zeus, Hera-Is, Echidna, friend Ra and either Valk or Parvati as the last sub. Parvati would be in case my HP gets too low for Satan's preemptive, Valk would be to stack up on Light damage. Is the caution even necessary?

I spent a few hundred over the summer, but haven't spent any money in almost 3 months. But I do have Luci, Ra, and Horus so really I'm pretty set on leaders.

Also, I was hoping for some input about my Satan team. My current plan is Ra, Zeus, Hera-Is, Echidna, friend Ra and either Valk or Parvati as the last sub. Parvati would be in case my HP gets too low for Satan's preemptive, Valk would be to stack up on Light damage. Is the caution even necessary?
Not really; you should be able to steamroll the dungeon with Ra. Also Valk is near useless due to the lack of heart orbs.

Ashodin

SATAN GET

kdMw5dwl.png

Valk team. Yeah a spent a few stones, but totally worth it.

eh, i dont bother with off-color stuff for dark. Either store up during Pengdra village or us metal dragons during 2x king. Even non-2x is still pretty great. Dark mobs are the easiest to lvl up.

anything as a light sub will be fine. a type of heartmaker is a decent choice just in case. Echidna is pretty needed. You do get 2 turns to kill Satan before he attacks. Archangels make great subs for light secondary color and to make hearts.

I went with Ra, Gabe, Lucy, Valk, Ech, Ra. All pretty high levels. Total faceroll. Just make sure you have over 6k before making it to satan. Pretty easy to stall as most of the monsters have long cooldowns before they attack.

Not really; you should be able to steamroll the dungeon with Ra. Also Valk is near useless due to the lack of heart orbs.

I used her as my green sub....Could have used Dios, but main green vs. main light.

edit : srry for the dub

Yeah this it was pretty trivial. Killed Satan in 3 turns with Parvati instead of Valk. I actually got kind of lucky. I didn't charge Echidna in time, partially due to an unbelievable cascade against Hades. So I thought I only had two turns to kill since PDX says he uses his big attack after the shield. But apparently he can still do a normal attack so there was no issue.

On another note, is anybody thinking about changing Kagutsuchi to his light form since Joker essentially has the Plant Day farming covered? I haven't really looked into pros and cons but I'm curious. Nevermind. Joker doesn't actually have enough attack to one shot the Fruits so this would really work without pairing Jokers.

Peer pressure got to me. Two more pulls, genie 4*, and an Izanagi.

Should I be disappointed? I've heard he gets better when we get the next update...

Giard

A friend would like to install this on his Android phone, however he says the game won't install on the SD card. The phone doesn't have enough memory. Is there anybody who has managed to install it this way?

chrono01

Well I purchased a few more Magic Stones since this is my first official Godfest as a player, and I want to make it a good one.

I got:

Gods:

Izunagi x 2 [in a row, mind you ~_~]
Belial
Okuninushi

Rare:

Beast Rider
Shardra
Dragon Knight
Mystic Stone Knight
Toytops
Dragon Rider

I also rolled the Batman REM one more time and got a Robin + 1. I already have Kirin so I don't really need Umisachi & Yamisachi, although I was hoping to get them. Same goes for Kushinadahime, but I'm really not interested in rolling any more during this Godfest. I did get a few Gods, though, so that's something?

Total Gods received:

Ame no Uzume
Izunagi x 2
Okuninushi
Vritra
Belial

Batman REM:

BAO Batman + Batwing
Robin +1

And several other "rare" monsters. Not sure how good/great those Gods are, with Kirin as my only other God previously, but at least I'm building my collection [somewhat].

I'll try to gain/gather more Magic Stones over the coming week [for free, no more IAP!] and see what else I can get from the Batman REM. I'd like to get Batman D/L, but maybe saving my Magic Stones for the end-of-the-year Godfest [you know they're going to have one!] might be smarter...

Caerith

On another note, is anybody thinking about changing Kagutsuchi to his light form since Joker essentially has the Plant Day farming covered? I haven't really looked into pros and cons but I'm curious. Nevermind. Joker doesn't actually have enough attack to one shot the Fruits so this would really work without pairing Jokers.
Wait, people seriously evolve Kagutsuchi to dark to make plants easier?

Peer pressure got to me. Two more pulls, genie 4*, and an Izanagi.

Should I be disappointed? I've heard he gets better when we get the next update...
I've heard Izanagi's leader skill proc changes from 100% health to 80% health in a future update; combined with his active skill of god attack x2 for 1 round, a dual Izanagi team would be 9x gods with a spike to 18x, which seems pretty good to me.

And, besides, his Myriad Truths skill basically oneshots Izanami.

Jagernaut

eh, i dont bother with off-color stuff for dark. Either store up during Pengdra village or us metal dragons during 2x king. Even non-2x is still pretty great. Dark mobs are the easiest to lvl up.

It took me only a week each to max Lucifer and Byakko using 2x metal kings and super metal kings. I still haven't maxed my Rose Valkyrie and Zeus because light exp is much harder to get.

There is a wombo combo Izanagi team, always involving:

- Izanagi lead/friend
- Athena

Usually a Zeus is there as well, and often an Apollo and soemtimes even a Parvarti as a means of mass orb change to light. On the boss, the sequence is pretty straightfoward: key blow any gravities, use one of the Izanagi's actives, mass change orbs to light, active Athena for the enhanced light damage, then do a manual change the world the best you can with whatever is left. Huge damage. I've even see it with Raphael/Valk for the complete board shift in the same vein as Goemon.

REM dependent, requires insane monster levels and XP, and compeltely obliterates bosses using Dark.

btw my box..
considering i'm iap... it's quite of a silly box..
but i'm the UN-god of rng...
<_>
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854

is it worth for me rolling anymore at this godfest or?
I want the godin/metatron and (angel) luci so for me this godfest is sort of lackluster :X

I wanted to comment on this box because I think you are underselling it, and give some suggestions to focus your efforts.

First, you have an excellent mono fire setup. It has very low levels. You should fix that. This should be your day to day farm team used for most work. It has the potential to be very strong. It will not be your descend team, but if you took the time to farm red pengdras on Mondays, red dragons when they come up during the week, and plants on Thursdays, they would skyrocket in levels quickly. It doesn't take a whole lot of investment for a ton of reward.

If you are focused on tanky descend teams, you already have a top tier leader in Astaroth. You do not need Lucifer. Once we eventually get Astaroth skillups in the US, you will find that Astaroth tanks through descends faster than Lucifer does since you get to keep counterattack up basically all the time. Get a couple of Heras (you have the tools in your box-PADx has a lot of potential builds for taking down Hera, it's not a terribly hard thing to do IF you have levels and evolved monsters) and level your Drawn joker. Even without the skillups for the monsters that team basically grinds through anything. You can bring along a third gravity if you want. Over time that team just gets stronger and stronger as it scales directly with damage dealt.

You also have a Horus. With a highlander and berserk - both available from a low-tier descend dungeon - you can put out a whole lot of damage alongside that Valk. Or you could build a pure Valkyrie team, you even have the Fairlio to go with it.

The point is, you have options. Lots of them. What you don't have is a focus or monster levels. You will need both. I would do this if I were you.

1) Start leveling and getting the materials to evolve the following creatures:

- Fairlion
- Valkyrie

2) Level a Big Shynee into a King Shynee with a Gold King Dragon. Level that to max.
3) Level Echidna to at least 50.

Build the typical valkyrie team of :

Valk lead
Fairlion
Echidna
King Shynee
any other healer. Siren probably works fine here. You just want more hearts to feed your valks.

Get them to DECENT levels and max evolutions. Talking 60 or so, maybe 70 for your valk. Ask someone here for their tricked out valks. Go farm hera twice.

Then build your Astaroth team with the Heras. Grind everything down. Get a Hera-Is from Queen of Absolute Zero, Chu Cu from Two heroes, combine with Echidna and your valk for a Horus team Kill more stuff. Get more levels.

Hope this helps. I capitalized 'decent' earlier here because I mean it. Your lack of monster evolutions and levels is what is killing you. The REM has given you some really fun toys to play with.

Wait, people seriously evolve Kagutsuchi to dark to make plants easier?

As far as I know, Kagutsuchi is basically useless outside of speed-running easy dungeons. I guess he would sort of fit on an attacker team, but those teams generally stick to dark subs and don't have much use for a fire monster.

Caerith

As far as I know, Kagutsuchi is basically useless outside of speed-running easy dungeons. I guess he would sort of fit on an attacker team, but those teams generally stick to dark subs and don't have much use for a fire monster.
Considering how much time and effort you'd have to put into evolving Kagutsuchi to dark, and how fast plant-farming already is, you'd have to play for like fifteen years before you made that time back.

I mean, if you're going to use or evolve Kagutsuchi at all, it's a choice of red/dark's 2620/2014/236 attacker vs red/light's 3120/1410/451 dragon. The attacker variant has one of the highest attacks in the game, while the dragon variant is pretty ho-hum compared to, say, Betelgeuse or Shingen (both of whom have less RCV, but higher ATK and tons more HP).

Shardra, Toytops, and Dragon Rider all have some very specific applications and , while not being all-purpose superstars, do have their uses.

The unevolved mystic knights should be kicked out of the REM. The point of survey dungeons should be to move out some non-God mobs from the REM that the community deems critical to the teams in the current metagame, and introduce new roleplayers that really fit in on less popular teams to compensate. I do not like the lack of eviction of stale items from the REM, it is one of the few things (along with too rapid power creep) that I feel that are flawed in the game.

Considering how much time and effort you'd have to put into evolving Kagutsuchi to dark, and how fast plant-farming already is, you'd have to play for like fifteen years before you made that time back.

I mean, if you're going to use or evolve Kagutsuchi at all, it's a choice of red/dark's 2620/2014/236 attacker vs red/light's 3120/1410/451 dragon. The attacker variant has one of the highest attacks in the game, while the dragon variant is pretty ho-hum compared to, say, Betelgeuse or Shingen (both of whom have less RCV, but higher ATK and tons more HP).

I agree that Dark Kagutsuchi is the better evo. His stats are very unique, and the light version is really nothing special. But you are overselling how difficult it is to evolve Kagutsuchi. A few keepers, a couple fruits, and some lits and dub-lits are not that big of a time investment. The 4 million exp is a different story, but it still isn't terrible.

As for his use, I run plants around 15 times on any given event Thursday. Kagutsuchi makes that a good deal faster, so I absolutely don't regret the effort needed to evolve him. It all really depends on your idea of "worth it", but given that a quarter of my friends list is Dark Kagutsuchi on Thursdays, I don't think I'm alone.

I've heard Izanagi's leader skill proc changes from 100% health to 80% health in a future update; combined with his active skill of god attack x2 for 1 round, a dual Izanagi team would be 9x gods with a spike to 18x, which seems pretty good to me.

And, besides, his Myriad Truths skill basically oneshots Izanami.

Myriad truths? What dungeon is this? Is it the one remaining descend that's is in Japanese on PDX?

Ducarmel

Has any of you guy's ever have transaction issues with iap and puzzle and dragons? I could not buy stones for some reason and tried maybe 3 times and it seems like one went through but was canceled. My bank calls and ask me what the hell is going on so i check my account activities it seems like another one went through and is still processing. I emailed puzzle and dragons support and I have not heard from them yet.

Caerith

Shardra, Toytops, and Dragon Rider all have some very specific applications and , while not being all-purpose superstars, do have their uses.

The unevolved mystic knights should be kicked out of the REM. The point of survey dungeons should be to move out some non-God mobs from the REM that the community deems critical to the teams in the current metagame, and introduce new roleplayers that really fit in on less popular teams to compensate. I do not like the lack of eviction of stale items from the REM, it is one of the few things (along with too rapid power creep) that I feel that are flawed in the game.
Hear, hear. Mystic knights should be relegated to PAL, mystic ice knight should get his own dungeon (the others all do, so why not?), gold dragons should be run once a week along with the other gems, light/dark pengdras should appear in their respective tech dungeons, you should be able to spend your gold to buy dub-mythlits, and they should introduce a new mob called the Skilladra that can be used to skill up your mobs.

I agree that Dark Kagutsuchi is the better evo. His stats are very unique, and the light version is really nothing special. But you are overselling how difficult it is to evolve Kagutsuchi. A few keepers, a couple fruits, and some lits and dub-lits are not that big of a time investment. The 4 million exp is a different story, but it still isn't terrible.

As for his use, I run plants around 15 times on any given event Thursday. Kagutsuchi makes that a good deal faster, so I absolutely don't regret the effort needed to evolve him. It all really depends on your idea of "worth it", but given that a quarter of my friends list is Dark Kagutsuchi on Thursdays, I don't think I'm alone.
I'm not saying that it's difficult to evolve Kagutsuchi, only that if I had no other use for him I wouldn't level and evolve him just to do plants. Having a Kagutsuchi helper makes plants a 5-round clear. Not having a Kagutsuchi helper makes plants a mostly 5-round clear. If that was all he was good for, I'd spend that 4.7M + (dub)mythlits elsewhere.

And I even love that game, not thinking right today...
Sorry for getting your hopes up.

chrono01

just tried an uriel plus noel red dragon master Joker run. got my ass stomped.

seems ill need to focus on expert for joker. i really want him.
I've been trying it on INT just for the easier/faster kills.

Do you know how much of a percentage increase it is for the loot to drop when compared to Expert? I know it's something like 2% on INT.

coy

For some reason, my lady is scared to try out Satan. She's agnostic so it ain't the religious route that is doing it. Maybe he ain't pretty enough? She even has a Ra so it is an EZMode dungeon for her. She's got Zeus and Athena so mythicals aren't the prob.

Anyways, neither of us have spent any money on the game but can and would if something too good to pass up appears. Last time I remember ready to spend, I had ~10 rolls during the Chinese/Angel godfest in the summer and, if I didn't end up with some goodness there, I was ready to throw down on some stones. Then I proceeded to pull Byakko, Lucifer, Light Meta and Bastet within those rolls; even better, I was ready to reroll my alt for Kirin, but she popped out on roll #2.

E:
I've been trying it on INT just for the easier/faster kills.

Do you know how much of a percentage increase it is for the loot to drop when compared to Expert? I know it's something like 2% on INT.

Legend 100%
Master 40%
Expert 5%

I believe those are the approximations for those difficulty levels.

saichi

I wanted to build a Valk team but I can never get a Keeper of Light (Tried for over 4 weeks on Tuesday) Had Freyr for longest time but never really used her. Now with this godfest and Bastman machine, I got Okuninushi and D/D Batman.

anyone has any suggestion for my team?

J0dy77

Trying to brainstorm a batman team. Someone fill in the last blank:

iQKJ7kil.jpg

Cerberus is feeling like a great fit there. And once vamp and cdk busties go live this team will crush content. Can use Hera for gravity, Lilith potions, keeper defense. Dark is so strong. Even Pierdrawn busty.

Ashodin

iQKJ7kil.jpg

Cerberus is feeling like a great fit there. And once vamp and cdk busties go live this team will crush content. Can use Hera for gravity, Lilith potions, keeper defense. Dark is so strong. Even Pierdrawn busty.

Loki.

chrono01

Legend 100%
Master 40%
Expert 5%

I believe those are the approximations for those difficulty levels.
Thanks, I guess it's worth it for the additional 3% increase.

Unfortunately, I'm not prepared/ready for anything higher than Expert, since I'm just starting out. :(

There is a wombo combo Izanagi team, always involving:

- Izanagi lead/friend
- Athena

Usually a Zeus is there as well, and often an Apollo and soemtimes even a Parvarti as a means of mass orb change to light. On the boss, the sequence is pretty straightfoward: key blow any gravities, use one of the Izanagi's actives, mass change orbs to light, active Athena for the enhanced light damage, then do a manual change the world the best you can with whatever is left. Huge damage. I've even see it with Raphael/Valk for the complete board shift in the same vein as Goemon.

REM dependent, requires insane monster levels and XP, and compeltely obliterates bosses using Dark.

I wanted to comment on this box because I think you are underselling it, and give some suggestions to focus your efforts.

First, you have an excellent mono fire setup. It has very low levels. You should fix that. This should be your day to day farm team used for most work. It has the potential to be very strong. It will not be your descend team, but if you took the time to farm red pengdras on Mondays, red dragons when they come up during the week, and plants on Thursdays, they would skyrocket in levels quickly. It doesn't take a whole lot of investment for a ton of reward.

If you are focused on tanky descend teams, you already have a top tier leader in Astaroth. You do not need Lucifer. Once we eventually get Astaroth skillups in the US, you will find that Astaroth tanks through descends faster than Lucifer does since you get to keep counterattack up basically all the time. Get a couple of Heras (you have the tools in your box-PADx has a lot of potential builds for taking down Hera, it's not a terribly hard thing to do IF you have levels and evolved monsters) and level your Drawn joker. Even without the skillups for the monsters that team basically grinds through anything. You can bring along a third gravity if you want. Over time that team just gets stronger and stronger as it scales directly with damage dealt.

You also have a Horus. With a highlander and berserk - both available from a low-tier descend dungeon - you can put out a whole lot of damage alongside that Valk. Or you could build a pure Valkyrie team, you even have the Fairlio to go with it.

The point is, you have options. Lots of them. What you don't have is a focus or monster levels. You will need both. I would do this if I were you.

1) Start leveling and getting the materials to evolve the following creatures:

- Fairlion
- Valkyrie

2) Level a Big Shynee into a King Shynee with a Gold King Dragon. Level that to max.
3) Level Echidna to at least 50.

Build the typical valkyrie team of :

Valk lead
Fairlion
Echidna
King Shynee
any other healer. Siren probably works fine here. You just want more hearts to feed your valks.

Get them to DECENT levels and max evolutions. Talking 60 or so, maybe 70 for your valk. Ask someone here for their tricked out valks. Go farm hera twice.

Then build your Astaroth team with the Heras. Grind everything down. Get a Hera-Is from Queen of Absolute Zero, Chu Cu from Two heroes, combine with Echidna and your valk for a Horus team Kill more stuff. Get more levels.

Hope this helps. I capitalized 'decent' earlier here because I mean it. Your lack of monster evolutions and levels is what is killing you. The REM has given you some really fun toys to play with.
I am focusing on mono red, but.. I'm in EU, and the usual time Albert for Drake is up i'm either at job or sleeping q_q
Anyway yeah i van do a 4/1/4 double astaroth devil tank team for descended.. Per ma counter if i get 2 more devils via godfest AMD lager with hera for gravity...
Should i roll hoping for Amin/belial or not?
Choices choices

Damn auto complete

iQKJ7kil.jpg

Needs more Batman. If you have him, Dark/Water Batman would be a great fit.

Limit

Interesting update regarding our favorite PAD ripoff, Tower of Saviors. In coming months ToS is going to add a guild system into its game. Being part of a guild will give players access to a real time chat channel for communicating with other players belonging to one's guild and there will be game challenges specifically designed for guilds to tackle. Successfully completing these guild challenges will give the whole team exp, gold, and level up the guild, which in turn will allow the guild to add more members.

maks

If you have Robin I found out a cool trick for the Satan dungeon.

Satan will waste a turn debuffing Robins active skill. If you go in there with two Robins you will essentially get two extra turns to kill him. I beat the dungeon spending one stone on a missed combo at Cerebus. I would say Echidna is not needed for a Robin team. I did have to hit him 3 times to take him down though. My three combos were a 64x, 32x, then 16x.

41 E. Robin
69 E. Echidna
30 LH Dragon
65 O. Amaterasu
29 Kos Verche
47 E. Robin (friend)

Interesting update regarding our favorite PAD ripoff, Tower of Saviors. In coming months ToS is going to add a guild system into its game. Being part of a guild will give players access to a real time chat channel for communicating with other players belonging to one's guild and there will be game challenges specifically designed for guilds to tackle. Successfully completing these guild challenges will give the whole team exp, gold, and level up the guild, which in turn will allow the guild to add more members.

I know Puyo Puyo Quest (another PAD ripoff) had guilds way before ToS did from the three minutes I played of it; not sure if another one had it before PPQ did.

Top Bottom