• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Anyone else getting a bunch of Error 8 can't enter dungeon errors? It's not every dungeon, but in particular, I can't enter King of Gods, Sea God of Heaven, or Temple of Trailokya. Trying to farm Mystic Masks and Dub-Mythlits, but GungHo won't even let me in the dungeons.

I remember hearing about people with this issue in months past and I don't think anybody has found an answer :( sorry

In brighter news, I'm done
k3AVD66l.jpg

Drop rate off the boss is still pretty bad with x2 on, but it seems like the random encounter drop rate is way better.

I'm grinding that same survey dungeon with the spillover stamina from tower of giants rankups. No drop yet, but I can only run the second highest level @ rank 24, the mobs hit too hard for my dub-mythlits and level 30 cdk.

linsivvi

A friend would like to install this on his Android phone, however he says the game won't install on the SD card. The phone doesn't have enough memory. Is there anybody who has managed to install it this way?

I had the same problem. When I first started playing the game I still had enough memory since it only used 70M or so but as they added new pets, the file size grew until I couldn't update it any more.

My solution, and it's painful but it works: root the phone, unlock the boot loader, install custom firmware (cyanogenmod), install the int2ext mod (which uses SD card as internal memory). Make sure the SD card is class 10 or else the phone would be unusable.

It's a lot of work and I don't recommend it unless your friend really want to play this game. The good thing is now I can basically install as many apps as I want especially a lot of the newer, meatier games keep the game data on internal memory too.

My phone is Xperia Arc S.

Giard

I had the same problem. When I first started playing the game I still had enough memory since it only used 70M or so but as they added new pets, the file size grew until I couldn't update it any more.

My solution, and it's painful but it works: root the phone, unlock the boot loader, install custom firmware (cyanogenmod), install the int2ext mod (which uses SD card as internal memory). Make sure the SD card is class 10 or else the phone would be unusable.

It's a lot of work and I don't recommend it unless your friend really want to play this game. The good thing is now I can basically install as many apps as I want especially a lot of the newer, meatier games keep the game data on internal memory too.

My phone is Xperia Arc S.

Thanks.

WillJustWill

Neo Member
If you have Robin I found out a cool trick for the Satan dungeon.

Satan will waste a turn debuffing Robins active skill. If you go in there with two Robins you will essentially get two extra turns to kill him. I beat the dungeon spending one stone on a missed combo at Cerebus. I would say Echidna is not needed for a Robin team. I did have to hit him 3 times to take him down though. My three combos were a 64x, 32x, then 16x.

41 E. Robin
69 E. Echidna
30 LH Dragon
65 O. Amaterasu
29 Kos Verche
47 E. Robin (friend)

Hmmm, this is rather interesting. Does Satan always use debuff attack if you have a buff? If so, could you not theoretically loop him with six Robins since it has a six turn cooldown?

I think with a lot of luck a non-Goemon team can beat Joker with a dark resist + Horus on Master. Scrubbed out due to piss-poor matching skills though.

Zero_IYAD

I can't believe how crappy the drop rate of Dub-mythlits in Friday dungeon is!
Seriously the rates are VERY messed up compared to masks & plants :|

linsivvi

2/7 here. :/

And since all 5 mystic knights will require dub-mythlits, I am foreseeing a lot more painful Fridays ahead.

raiot

Don't delete me the next 7 days, I'm going to Dubai today till next Saturday and I don't know if my hotel has acceptable wifi! :)

Ducarmel

Got my banking situation sorted out but missed the godfest :( I guess next time I should buy stones a day or two before the godfest.

0 dropped for yesterday the worst ever for me, usually i complain about getting to many of them because I want Dub-amelit or Dub-topalit now I got to many dub-topalit I have no use for.

Amon37

what do you guys usually run for the weekend master dungeon? I have some devils and dragons but not sure how powerful you need to be.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
what do you guys usually run for the weekend master dungeon? I have some devils and dragons but not sure how powerful you need to be.

As long as you've got an Echidna on your team, you're fine. A good 9x anything with delay is about all you need.

I remember hearing about people with this issue in months past and I don't think anybody has found an answer :( sorry

In brighter news, I'm done
k3AVD66l.jpg

Drop rate off the boss is still pretty bad with x2 on, but it seems like the random encounter drop rate is way better.

Congrats! I'm still on lvl 8. How many feeds did it take approximately?

Jagernaut

Is Batman Collab going to be on 2x this afternoon? I already beat Master with a light based Goemon team and did not get the drop.

I am having a bit of a problem. I just rooted my Galaxy Note 3 and now my game does not run at all. I click the icon and it just opens, I get a black screen and it closes. I tried uninstalling and downloading again, also clearing my cache but still not working. Anyone has a solution?

No Cerberus or kraken from satan runs yesterday. Didn't want to stone though cause of the fest... So only five runs

Ok if you can't goemon through king of gods, where is the next best place for dub-mythlits?

I think I can goemon through goddess of harvest, for a quick run, and maybe tank through goddess of war. Hera is a pain, so I'd rather not run her...

So will next event be 1 year, or 60k likes? (Or both?)

So I was running ruby dragons and I realized that I was getting charged wrong amounts of stamina. On multiple runs I think I was only charged 14. The same thing happened earlier on Ocean of Heaven, but I had assumed I just calculated wrong. Anybody else noticing this?

linsivvi

I am having a bit of a problem. I just rooted my Galaxy Note 3 and now my game does not run at all. I click the icon and it just opens, I get a black screen and it closes. I tried uninstalling and downloading again, also clearing my cache but still not working. Anyone has a solution?

Try moving it to phone memory and then back to sd card. That trick worked for me for a while before I installed custom mod.

So I was running ruby dragons and I realized that I was getting charged wrong amounts of stamina. On multiple runs I think I was only charged 14. The same thing happened earlier on Ocean of Heaven, but I had assumed I just calculated wrong. Anybody else noticing this?
Nope, but I've been having another problem with randomly being unable to enter dungeons, error code 8. Been happening since last night, and I'm not gonna be refreshing stamina until it's sorted out. Doesn't seem like anyone else is having my problem though. Gonna back up my files and reinstall the app to see if it fixes it. Suck, because I couldn't farm anything including Satan last night.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 2 Nov Update: Rare Egg Machine Simulator
Rare Egg and Pal Egg Simulators are upgraded! If you have an suggestions, please let me know.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/rareeggmachine.asp

PDX needs more people to help cover the EN event and metal dragon tables. If you know how to time travel for metal dragons - or - you always keep track of the Gungho official facebook page and you are willing to help, please send me a PM!! Thanks.

Limit

Just ran it 4 times. No reduction in stamina cost, unfortunately.

Ducarmel

I just experienced this glitch. I wanted to clear some more normal dungeon since I have nothing better to do in the game and waiting to get enough stamina to do door to heaven and it only cost me 5 stamina when I entered instead of 12.

razterik

Dual ultimate, actually. Look at the King Bubblie.

Had a stamina glitch in ruby dragons earlier today as well. 14 instead of 20. I seem to recall them having this issue last spring, too. Guess they never coded the game to handle American time shifts.

Ducarmel

^ Isn't that a second ultimate?

the first one makes him Dark/Dark and that one is speculated to be Dark/Blue.

edit: beaten by razterik

Ashodin

Dual ultimate, actually. Look at the King Bubblie.

Had a stamina glitch in ruby dragons earlier today as well. 14 instead of 20. I seem to recall them having this issue last spring, too. Guess they never coded the game to handle American time shifts.

HUH!

Okay. Just checked PAD forums and there's a thread regarding Error code 8 and being unable to enter dungeons. It's also related to the incorrect stamina count people have been noticing. Basically you need to have 6 more stamina than a dungeon requires to enter it. Supposedly it's a glitch having to do with the daylight savings time change. If anyone's noticed, the in-game ticker bar says there is going to be maintenance tonight at 10pm Pacific.

Ducarmel

Just did ruby dragon for 14 stamina instead of the normal 20, I wonder if I should spend a stone to do more runs.

I'm in group D you guys getting error what group are you in?

Limit

Just did ruby dragon for 14 stamina instead of the normal 20, I wonder if I should spend a stone to do more runs.

I'm in group D you guys getting error what group are you in?

I'm in group A and no such error occurred for me. Here's hoping it does occur in upcoming ruby dungeon appearance. I wouldn't spend a stone though because high rate of King appearance is not on.

Ducarmel

I'm in group A and no such error occurred for me. Here's hoping it does occur in upcoming ruby dungeon appearance. I wouldn't spend a stone though because high rate of King appearance is not on.

Yeah probably a dumb idea I did get two kings out of 3 runs earlier in the day, I doubt I will be that lucky.

edit: damn I got the error for the normal dungeons nfg842hpiuerhbogpeugh0G823V0T

Well I just got the Error Code: 8. Is this just something we have to deal with until the maintenance?
It seems so. But you can still enter dungeons as long as you have 6 more stamina than the dungeon requires. So people with 15 stamina can't enter Sea God of Heaven, but people with 21 stamina can for example.

Pengdra Village three times in a daily schedule today on JP and I can interleave rank skillups in Tower of Giants between some of the times they are up. Time to bank some mad EXP.

suko_32

In group A and ran into the glitch where it takes 15 stamina to run the Ruby Dungeon. On the downside after six runs I saw zero Kings drop.

Zero_IYAD

It seems so. But you can still enter dungeons as long as you have 6 more stamina than the dungeon requires. So people with 15 stamina can't enter Sea God of Heaven, but people with 21 stamina can for example.
Am experiencing this right now!
Now THIS should be compensated with free stones :|

Any news if we'll get the Ultimate evo for Bastet/Knights with this update?

NineH

So Daylight Savings Time is the cause of the weird stamina fluctuations. I think it ended up a positive for me since I gained quite a bit of stamina instead of using it up.

Caerith

I've spent the last, like, 8 months unable to enter special dungeons from 11pm to midnight because of daylight savings time. Say it's a Tuesday: at 11, the Wednesday dungeon appears, but error code 8 if I try to enter it; since the Tuesday dungeon is no longer listed, of course I can't enter that either (and for the past few months, changing my clock wouldn't fix that).

GungHo doesn't understand timezones.

NineH

I've spent the last, like, 8 months unable to enter special dungeons from 11pm to midnight because of daylight savings time. Say it's a Tuesday: at 11, the Wednesday dungeon appears, but error code 8 if I try to enter it; since the Tuesday dungeon is no longer listed, of course I can't enter that either (and for the past few months, changing my clock wouldn't fix that).

GungHo doesn't understand timezones.

I hear ya, the only way I managed to solve that was to leave the page up on the dungeon selection screen and wait until my stamina reaches the amount needed to enter then enter it. Although I forget that I am doing that sometimes and go back a screen and the dreaded can't enter it because it's not the next day yet screen comes up when I try to go back.

Caerith

I hear ya, the only way I managed to solve that was to leave the page up on the dungeon selection screen and wait until my stamina reaches the amount needed to enter then enter it. Although I forget that I am doing that sometimes and go back a screen and the dreaded can't enter it because it's not the next day yet screen comes up when I try to go back.

PAD Support is really terrible, too. I've been complaining about this issue ever since it started and they keep insisting it's a problem specific to my device. I'm going to guess that their support staff is a) located in Japan, b) using iPhones, and c) inundated by facebook entitlement brats demanding 5 stones every time there's maintenance, but I ain't even asking for compensation-- I just want it to work.

Top Bottom