• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I've never had to use puzzcombo or anything like that. The only thing I have messed around with is packet sniffing results in advance for descends on Legendary, and you really only need to do that a couple of times (valk, hera-is) if you have marginal teams (which I definitely did).

Think I might have posted this at some point in the old thread but here are some more advanced orb moving techniques. The last one shows how to move from left to right without disturbing red.

3ZJ1FWS.jpg

edit: here some more i guess
http://www.thisisgame.com/pad/tboard/?board=22&n=63168

These are quite helpful. I get caught going in auto pilot sometimes that I forget or don't realize there are simple ways to tackle these patterns. Gonna spend some time in endless working this out.

False. My go-to team for descends has been Ra / Horus or Ra, which has been decently successful stone wise. In which case, firing off a 24/30x combo is critical to not being dead.

I meant it in the sense that you would still have to know when to stall, stack, use your skills, etc. All of which still takes time and planning. If you just blow through everything with PuzzCombo, you'll hit a wall at times when you need say - Orochi charged up for a boss delay.

I've been faring pretty well on most dungeons. I'm more interested in using it for stuff like Anubis/Robin builds. I can handle Kirin and Horus but anything more than 5 planned combos takes too long for my brain to come up with.

Anubis/Robin is still not a guarantee with Puzzcombo though, and that's assuming you're doing tri-colors with no screwups. Safer to roll with a bestat/k-hime so you can take advantage of their multipliers if you end up matching something less than 8/10.

BlueSteel

I meant it in the sense that you would still have to know when to stall, stack, use your skills, etc. All of which still takes time and planning. If you just blow through everything with PuzzCombo, you'll hit a wall at times when you need say - Orochi charged up for a boss delay.

Anubis/Robin is still not a guarantee with Puzzcombo though, and that's assuming you're doing tri-colors with no screwups. Safer to roll with a bestat/k-hime so you can take advantage of their multipliers if you end up matching something less than 8/10.

I know it's not guaranteed, but it's still an improvement. Especially for something like ancient dark, I can hit Robin maybe 40%, an improvement would be great for me.

I know it's not guaranteed, but it's still an improvement. Especially for something like ancient dark, I can hit Robin maybe 40%, an improvement would be great for me.

Yeah, that's fine then. :)

Also Sorry, I meant Busty Bastet/Anubis or K-hime/Anubis before
40x/50x isn't as good as as 80x/100x, but it can pretty much clear everything too

Just posted on FB:

XyMr0NP.jpg

First Anniversary Event!!
[Duration]: 11/7 (Thurs), midnight - 11/12 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PST)

A year has passed since the release of Puzzle & Dragons in the US, and it's time to celebrate! We've got a fun new event featuring the challenging conditional Dungeon: Tengu!!!. This big-nosed baddie packs a punch, and you can only bring in Monsters with a Team Cost of 12 or less!

On top of that, we are unleashing the fabulous and elegant Queen Metal Dragons!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
1 Free Magic Stone [11/7 4:00 AM - 11/13 3:59 AM]
※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
11/7 - Breakers
11/8 - The Goddess Descended!
11/9 - Hera Descended!
11/10 - Tengu!!!
11/11 - Sword of Flame
11/9 - 11/11 Skydragon Rush!
11/12 - Hera-Is Descended!

■③Radiant Queen Dungeon
This is the first time the Radiant Queen Dungeon has been available in North America, and you can only run it once! Don't miss this precious chance to obtain either the Queen Gold Dragon or the Queen Metal Dragon!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event: 11/7 - 11/12 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including invasions from one of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon
2x Skill Up rate

[Godfest info is on the way!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

BlueSteel

Man, I remember seeing this thread and going "nahh I'd never play that" back when I was on WP7. Once I transferred to android and 270+ days later...

Althane

Giving up on getting a Joker from the collab. Sucks, because it looks like a pretty fun monster.

Oh well. Just not strong enough to fight him on Expert, and 2% drop on Init? Hah. No.

Wanted Hera-Ur this go-around. Guess I'll have to wait for the Thanksgiving timeframe event. Offering Breakers as the first day's special dungeon is comical.

We'll almost certainly get Greek 2.0/Chinese or Egyptian/Chinese in the godfest, both of which would be killer for people still looking for good leader gods.

Jesus Christ. No Rainbow Keeper yet again. 3 times today...

40% drop rate off the event 2x is a bitch. I wouldn't touch that dungeon off 2x unless you need light/dark keepers unless you're really desparate (sounds like you are, best of luck the rest of the day).

Radiant Queen? What in the hell is that

XP fodder and a free stone.

Giard

40% drop rate off the event 2x is a bitch. I wouldn't touch that dungeon off 2x unless you need light/dark keepers unless you're really desparate (sounds like you are, best of luck the rest of the day).

I don't really need Light or Dark Keepers, I wanted Rainbow Keepers. I remember someone suggested that I get a couple for a SOD Luci/Luci team, and with that get a Hera (which is coming up very soon).

I don't really need Light or Dark Keepers, I wanted Rainbow Keepers. I remember someone suggested that I get a couple for a SOD Luci/Luci team, and with that get a Hera (which is coming up very soon).

They-and you-are defintiely right to jam for Rainbow Keepers given Hera is this weekend. Hope you can get one or two to drop today.

Kreed

Giving up on getting a Joker from the collab. Sucks, because it looks like a pretty fun monster.

Oh well. Just not strong enough to fight him on Expert, and 2% drop on Init? Hah. No.

What team are you running on expert? Worst case scenario, maybe wait for a x2 day on the dungeon.

Tengu team GO!

Leaders: D/D Batman (x2) 4* only
Vamp Lord (max skill)
Dub-amelit (will farm for Dub-Mythlit to replace)
Dark Golem mk II
No clue on the fourth character. (maybe another dub mythlit)

this should be 20k hp and 4x dark atk

The only other option I would have would be

Leaders: Sylph (x2) 4* only (mine is max level)
Earth Guardian (max level) 4*
Marine Rider
Highlander 4*
Dub-emelit

should be 31k hp, but no ATK multiplier

oh and SKYDRAGON RUSH!!! - (time to awaken those busty skydragons)

Just looked at the Tengu dungeon and was confused at how easy it looked. Then I realized the 12 cost limit. It has a lot of useful drops if there's an easy farm team for it.

razterik

So GungHo upgrades another girl by making her skin color lighter? First Parvati, now Bastet?

*Dat's racist gif*

For Parvati, you can make the case that she is mythologically correct since she asks for "golden skin". Egyptian Bastet being white washed is dissapointing, though.

Not really excited about the anniversary event. More interested in Angry Birds collab, strangely. Will run Tengu for sure. Skill ups and awakenings will depend on how I fare with my team. Queen Gold Dragon gives 50000 less exp than Queen Metal for some reason. Not that it is worth it to quit out or anything.

Tengu team GO!

Leaders: D/D Batman (x2) 4* only
Vamp Lord (max skill)
Dub-amelit (will farm for Dub-Mythlit to replace)
Dark Golem mk II
No clue on the fourth character. (maybe another dub mythlit)

this should be 20k hp and 4x dark atk

The only other option I would have would be

Leaders: Sylph (x2) 4* only (mine is max level)
Earth Guardian (max level) 4*
Marine Rider
Highlander 4*
Dub-emelit

should be 31k hp, but no ATK multiplier

oh and SKYDRAGON RUSH!!! - (time to awaken those busty skydragons)

Going to run a bats team for Tengu. But my orb changers are underleveled and not skilled. -_-

mercviper

For Tengu I was thinking of this team, since I had already been leveling a Samurai Goblin in anticipation of Draggie's dungeon:

Samurai Goblin lead
2x Hellfire Devils
Echidna
King Flamie

Only problem with be finding a friend Samurai lead. Will anybody else be running a similar team?

Watch out for round 4 in Tengu; those high def high HP Firebombs will end runs if you're not prepared for them. I used an Ice Samurai Ogre my first successful run in JP.

xCobalt

What team did you use Cosmo?

I might try the batman team but I'm not sure if i'll be able to level everyone up in 5 days.

y36jSu6l.jpg

You can see why Flame Chaser (2/2/1 to Physical) was such a popular pick in the Twitter survey; three of the subs on that team are Physical monsters. Titan/Octopus/Echidna have skill levels on them but aren't max skilled.

Also note that this is for Master difficulty; I don't think that team could do Legendary even if it had more levels pumped into it.

Also, I don't think I can remember who I paired with on that run. Might have mentioned it in an old post.
EDIT: it was Shaitan

Jagernaut

y36jSu6l.jpg

You can see why Flame Chaser (2/2/1 to Physical) was such a popular pick in the Twitter survey; three of the subs on that team are Physical monsters. Titan/Octopus/Echidna have skill levels on them but aren't max skilled.

Also note that this is for Master difficulty; I don't think that team could do Legendary even if it had more levels pumped into it.

Also, I don't think I can remember who I paired with on that run. Might have mentioned it in an old post.
EDIT: it was Shaitan

Does Tengu do his super attack 1 time only or does he repeat it? You must have used an unevolved Shaitan for his 2.5x hp for fire monsters leader skill and his active that voids wood damage for 3 turns.

Althane

What team are you running on expert? Worst case scenario, maybe wait for a x2 day on the dungeon.

I have two main teams I run:

1) All Dark - Yomi leader, Black Knight ,Chaos Dragon, Thanatos, Lilith
2) Mix L/D - Archangel leader, Hellray Harpie Demon, Thanatos, Black Knight, Chaos Dragon (probably could use some updates)

I have a team of rippers that I don't really use, even though I have an Earth Dragon and Chaos Dragon that're maxed (haven't gotten Keepers for their next evolution).

I guess I can focus on leveling Archangel and Lilith, sine I'd probably see the biggest gains there. Mix D'spinas in instead of Black Knight, maybe, although his primary use is from his leader skill.

I dunno, I am hitting a wall soon, and i can't just use my friends' Lucifers to bust through them. Gotta start strategerizing on my own.

Flambe

Oh man Valk and Hera I need these!

Can I do Valk without Gravity? arr =s I only have Kirin's weak gravity (not to mention her being light on my dark luci team >.<) Hmm, I guess I can grind Legend instead of the 100% drop, set my sights a bit more realistically.

Looks like my fully Awakened Odin paired with another will go through Hera rather mindlessly too, delicious

Caerith

I have two main teams I run:

1) All Dark - Yomi leader, Black Knight ,Chaos Dragon, Thanatos, Lilith
2) Mix L/D - Archangel leader, Hellray Harpie Demon, Thanatos, Black Knight, Chaos Dragon (probably could use some updates)

I have a team of rippers that I don't really use, even though I have an Earth Dragon and Chaos Dragon that're maxed (haven't gotten Keepers for their next evolution).

I guess I can focus on leveling Archangel and Lilith, sine I'd probably see the biggest gains there. Mix D'spinas in instead of Black Knight, maybe, although his primary use is from his leader skill.

I dunno, I am hitting a wall soon, and i can't just use my friends' Lucifers to bust through them. Gotta start strategerizing on my own.
You should really focus on your rippers.

Thanatos has terrible stats until his ultimate evolution (not available in NA yet). Lilith is decent but situational. D'Spinas is underwhelming for how much effort you need to invest, but makes a decent dark leader in his ultimate evo.

Harpies are... situational. Black Knight is just... you're going to want to replace him.

Rippers, though. Decent stats, half-damage leader skill, and one of the best early-game active skills. Get them to their final evolution, level them just enough to break 1k attack (diminishing returns after that), and sub them in until you have something better. Evolving all five rippers is basically a rite of passage. They'll carry you for a long, long time.

Skye

this chart is confusing. where the line starts is the orb you are supposed to move?

The orb you're supposed to move is none of those. These diagrams are to show what to do for when you are already moving another orb and run into these patterns. That's why the line seemingly starts from "nothing"; it assumes you are holding an orb and are coming from that direction. Try it out!

this chart is confusing. where the line starts is the orb you are supposed to move?

Yeah, just picture an unrelated orb there.

As for Tengu's super attack, with Echidna and Shaitan you can get a few free turns to take him down:
Turn 1: Focus My Mind...
(use Echidna)
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
(use Shaitan)
Turn 5: What lives must die... (blocked)
Turn 6: Focus My Mind...
Turn 7: What lives must die... (blocked)
Turn 8: Focus My Mind...
etc.

Hopefully by then you've burned off the remaining 39% of his HP. Might want to consider using a Flame Golem instead of Octopus to buy yourself more time.

Ashodin

Yeah, just picture an unrelated orb there.

As for Tengu's super attack, with Echidna and Shaitan you can get a few free turns to take him down:
Turn 1: Focus My Mind...
(use Echidna)
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
(use Shaitan)
Turn 5: What lives must die... (blocked)
Turn 6: Focus My Mind...
Turn 7: What lives must die... (blocked)
Turn 8: Focus My Mind...
etc.

Hopefully by then you've burned off the remaining 39% of his HP. Might want to consider using a Flame Golem instead of Octopus to buy yourself more time.

Hmmmmm

Limit

Basically the entire pantheon of Batman monsters appears to be tailor made for Tengui dungeon. Just the right team cost. If I am understanding Joker's leader skill correctly, he is a 5x multiplier? I don't know why the description doesn't simply say 5x attack instead of 5x after every orb elimination. If he is indeed a 5x multiplier then he will be my go to guy for Tengui. Otherwise I might have to pull from Batman REM in hopes of acquiring Robin.

razterik

No, he is just like Kagusutchi. After every orb match, he does 5 times his base damage to every monster. It's a lot like having a constant poison skill running. It is reduced by armor, but is unaffected by element type.

Limit

Regrettable. On the positive side your post prompted me to visit Batman REM and my two pulls yielded me DD Batman and Robin. So I'm basically set for Tengui. The only thing left is to find the best subs from my box.

Bumping myself..
Ares wd 56, echidna 40, pkh 36, gigas 35, horus (unevolved)32/shiva(unevolved) 30..
Can i run hera and goddess or should i try to rush my valk team?

J0dy77

Kicking myself for not prepping a tengu team. Anyone else think that a d/d batman team would work? Glad I didn't get a chance to evolve him yet.

razterik

Kicking myself for not prepping a tengu team. Anyone else think that a d/d batman team would work? Glad I didn't get a chance to evolve him yet.

Master should be fine with Batman, just bring something to handle the high armor Wisps. Legend, maybe, probably depends on what you can field on the team.

Bumping myself..
Ares wd 56, echidna 40, pkh 36, gigas 35, horus (unevolved)32/shiva(unevolved) 30..
Can i run hera and goddess or should i try to rush my valk team?
Mono red isn't really going to be able to handle either dungeon. And a Valk team capable of beating Hera takes a long time to make as it usually requires at least two max skilled Valks and a max skilled Echidna. You should post your box so we can give you either a better option to use or guide you on how to create a team in time for their next appearance.

Top Bottom