• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Game looks cool. I've only backed one Kickstarter (Hex MMOTCG), and it hasn't gone well, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep backing projects. But if I do, this one will be the first. Playing your game on dat Wii U tablet would be awesome!

Good luck either way.

what went wrong with hex?
i wanted to dip in, but i guess luckily i didn't? o_O

Colby

what went wrong with hex?
i wanted to dip in, but i guess luckily i didn't? o_O
It didn't fail or anything. It has just taken waaaay longer to get stuff done than they estimated. Maybe I'm just being hard on them, but I did drop a good amount of money on the game.

Back on topic -- is Fagan available? I just saw him and damn...I WANT

Aw dude thanks. I was thinking of having everyone in the P&D thread bankrolled with INK when I release mobile (how you buy stuff in the mobile version). Just because I love you guys so much.

I'm....ok with this.

Game looks awesome man. Will be keeping an eye on it.

Giard

Five Rainbow Keepers runs yesterday... 0 drops.
4 Mystic Masks runs today... I died twice due to Gungtroll, 0 drops.

I guess all my luck went into getting two Tamadras Monday.

Five Rainbow Keepers runs yesterday... 0 drops.
4 Mystic Masks runs today... I died twice due to Gungtroll, 0 drops.

I guess all my luck went into getting two Tamadras Monday.

it's been said so many times....avoid doing the daily dungeons outside of a 2x event if at all possible. There are a few exceptions (colored keepers, thursday), but thats about it.

The rate is just too bad normally.

J0dy77

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paladium/apexicon-fantasy-puzzle-combat

Gaf thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707819

Those who pledge also get the mobile version and the game's story will be able to cross-platform save. So you can play on PC, take it with you on your phone, and so forth.

Meant to comment on this before but completely forgot. I stumbled on the kick starter thread a few days ago, game looks great ashodin, best of luck with it. Love the artwork and design. You've got my support.

Giard

it's been said so many times....avoid doing the daily dungeons outside of a 2x event if at all possible. There are a few exceptions (colored keepers, thursday), but thats about it.

The rate is just too bad normally.

I need mats for the anniversary event, normally I would be more patient. But yeah... no choice but to wait now.

Ducarmel

Almost beat Venus in endless with double non fully max level ADKZ with just level 50 ripper dragons. Only died because I could not heal enough. Even if I did manage to max mine and beat Venus I doubt I would take a chance on any descend with it as lead since I don't have the best subs for him yet.

Limit

so if i want to blow 50 usd on the game i should just wait for godfest and hope for some good drops right?

Yes. And some godfests are better than others by virtue of what monsters have a higher chance of dropping. By the way, and others can chime in on this claim, I think Robin is a really good monster and you should make sure to do 2 - 3 pulls in Batman REM before it goes away for a while. If not S tier Robin is plausibly at least an A tier monster.

I think Robin is superb for some dungeons in a similar way to Anubis, but as a general purpose lead he's not someone I am really too keen on. He makes a good sub on the (new to US) 9x balance team for general farming.

There's other good stuff from the Batman REM machine, BUT nothing gamebreaking like one of the spike damage leads (Horus, Kirin, etc. ) or an Archangel Lucifer. So it all depends on what you need from the REM when deciding to roll.

If you don't need anything but just want to spend money on the game, then by all means gamble on godfest. Just understand that even in those ideal circumstances, the REM is not your friend, and as you progress more and more into the game, your REM rolls get more and more comparatively worse.

Tobe

big bunch of informative text.

thing is, my only rolls have been i&i at the start and then i rolled for the sake of it a cu chulain. thats it the last godfest i got shit. si i think its a good investment now that im currently past tower of flare going into polar night in regular dungeons and in the technical ones im in twilight woods.

thing is, my only rolls have been i&i at the start and then i rolled for the sake of it a cu chulain. thats it the last godfest i got shit. si i think its a good investment now that im currently past tower of flare going into polar night in regular dungeons and in the technical ones im in twilight woods.

Then go for it! Though I think you can actually do a hell of a lot with an I&I and Cu Chu in the game if you can properly develop their respective teams.

edit: Reason why I bring this up is that I often see a lot of boxes from people posting for help that have a pile of good monsters with no levels or XP, wondering what to do with the huge number of options in front of them.

I actually haven't used SoD Lucifer or Horus for quite a while, now. I feel like lazy 9x teams are the way to go, these days—especially Hera-Ur's team.

People really understimate how annoying it comparatively is to run something like a Kirin through a regular dungeon vs. running a straightforward 9x team through the same content. Even high skill 2/4/2 teams blaze through day to day work without too much problems.

My Isis is still almost always up for a reason-it's brainless, fast, and good enough for tier 5 equivalent content (95% of my play). I only drag out my Horus or Lucifer when it is needed.

edit: I want a Hera-Ur :(. Missed it on the back-to-backs during the first showing, haven't seen it since.

Tobe

Then go for it! Though I think you can actually do a hell of a lot with an I&I and Cu Chu in the game if you can properly develop their respective teams.

edit: Reason why I bring this up is that I often see a lot of boxes from people posting for help that have a pile of good monsters with no levels or XP, wondering what to do with the huge number of options in front of them.

here's my box ive raised my pyro demon since his previous evo. so far im guessing i have to go all black with vamp as leader but even tho i play the game a lot i still dont get the team comp aspect of it.
g0LsVbP.jpg
QkoHeVB.jpg
S4NjzgS.jpg

Build a ragtagged zombie team and get rk.
Pump the black dragon till cdd..
Then go
Vamp,cdd,rk, if you can snag a cdk, One Free slot and use friend slot as you see fit..
This should further your progression into normal...
Or you can try to build a team for i&i...

Tobe

Build a ragtagged zombie team and get rk.
Pump the black dragon till cdd..
Then go
Vamp,cdd,rk, if you can snag a cdk, One Free slot and use friend slot as you see fit..
This should further your progression into normal...
Or you can try to build a team for i&i...

ty, will grind those level on the black dragon and vamp.

qq what does rk mean?

also how would that I&I team be? evolve plesios i guess and get some better water monsters.

razterik

Tobe: RK generally means Rainbow Keeper. A good blue team almost always has a Siren in it, so farming one should be a priority. But really, uh, how do you feel about rerolling your account? There's not a lot there to work with outside I&I. If no, a few tugs on the Batman REM for one of the Batmen would boost a dark team. Robin is mostly a novelty unless you are really skilled.

Caerith

People really understimate how annoying it comparatively is to run something like a Kirin through a regular dungeon vs. running a straightforward 9x team through the same content. Even high skill 2/4/2 teams blaze through day to day work without too much problems.

My Isis is still almost always up for a reason-it's brainless, fast, and good enough for tier 5 equivalent content (95% of my play). I only drag out my Horus or Lucifer when it is needed.

edit: I want a Hera-Ur :(. Missed it on the back-to-backs during the first showing, haven't seen it since.
Couldn't agree more. We have six team slots available, and my first two are always going to be a 9x and mono-green (4/4/1 or 2/4/2). Dark Metatron is still a WIP but I couldn't imagine trying to proc her leader skill on anything but a descend.

razterik

Dark Metatron is still a WIP but I couldn't imagine trying to proc her leader skill on anything but a descend.

Why? A hit or two should always put you into <80% range. And taking a Satan will keep you there.

US downloads now over 2 million as of 10/30. Thanks Batman! And new update info should be coming later today.

Caerith

Why? A hit or two should always put you into <80% range. And taking a Satan will keep you there.

US downloads now over 2 million as of 10/30. Thanks Batman! And new update info should be coming later today.
No Satan yet. No Dark Meta friends or high enough team cost to field the subs I want yet either.

Next update includes the ultimate evos for greeks, elementals, and vampire?

razterik

Sorry, didn't mean a new update for us, just information on the next update from JP Live show. Maybe Zeus ultimate details.

Tobe: RK generally means Rainbow Keeper. A good blue team almost always has a Siren in it, so farming one should be a priority. But really, uh, how do you feel about rerolling your account? There's not a lot there to work with outside I&I. If no, a few tugs on the Batman REM for one of the Batmen would boost a dark team. Robin is mostly a novelty unless you are really skilled.
He could stick to no-rem, but progression will be slow as fuck..
Your best bet is to snag a siren (more heart for vamp or heal on demand) or Naga (for delay greatness)..
I&i is decent, cu is decent, but you have nothing to fit both atm...

toshi

Neo Member
Damn I think I have rolled more than 20 times on the batman REM but I have not gotten any gold eggs. Feeling like shit now.

Radav

I thought this, too. Seriously, gives us SOMETHING better than Breakers for a 1 year event. I'd even take Hera for gravity skillup runs.

Yeah, this event is completely underwhelming. If you compare it to the one year anniversary in japan this is a joke. I get that this is wildly more popular in Japan but, I mean this barely even rates when compared to some of the better events we've had over the past year.

ccbfan

Nice I've had terrible luck with with skilling my Verche.

Probably went 1 for 20-30.

Just went 3 of 8 and max skilled it.

Not dark/light, right? Hades is fine then. She looks great. Way better than the crazy look she gets when evolved now.

Yeah, D/L Hades is fine. Horus is still the most popular spike descend lead in JP, and Hades came in 3rd just behind Kirin and Lucifer in the polling to determine who made it into the last Godfest in JP. Nothing really replaces a max skill D/L Hades in his slot.

New art is way better than the old art, even if it looks a lot like the Perspehone new art (which was also pretty good.

Jagernaut

jeez. guess its a good thing it only took me 6-7ish rolls for D/L Bats

I try not to spend that much on this game. I rolled the Batman REM 4 times and got 2 D/D Batman, 1 Robin, and 1 D/W Batman. I would like a D/L Batman but will only roll 1 more time.

The artwork for the new Hera looks good but Hades actually has a good leader skill so he won't be obsolete.

so im trying to build a tengu team. i got one max lvl dark/d bats, two dub myhtlits, a dark/dark bats at lvl 6 and a lvl 35 drk dragon knight. i can probably increase those levels before the end.

Oh yeah, now that we're getting Tengu we have a new build for a 0-stone Zaerog team using him. Bring an autoheal leader and swap Tengu in once you clear away the trash on the boss.

Althane

I try not to spend that much on this game. I rolled the Batman REM 4 times and got 2 D/D Batman, 1 Robin, and 1 D/W Batman. I would like a D/L Batman but will only roll 1 more time.

The artwork for the new Hera looks good but Hades actually has a good leader skill so he won't be obsolete.

4 rolls, 2 Robins, 2 Catwoman.

=\

Was really looking for a D/D Batman.

Top Bottom