• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Mono red isn't really going to be able to handle either dungeon. And a Valk team capable of beating Hera takes a long time to make as it usually requires at least two max skilled Valks and a max skilled Echidna. You should post your box so we can give you either a better option to use or guide you on how to create a team in time for their next appearance.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
Missing some levels on my monored team but that's that..
Atm i have 11 tamadra if they can be useful, 6 metal kings, 5 high metal dragon, 1 exp fodder max level Noel
Vert (and One at lvl 1 i'd like to keep) and 30ish atone i can use to force rush metal dragon for kings..
I've got the BASIC for a valk healer team, but i should evo valk, bust evo angelion, evo king shynee, etc
If needed i'll try to rush that way!

I forgot how terribad the drop rates are on these mystic dungeon. 0 for 5 right now.

I havn't looked much at the new ultimates, I'm thinking 9x dragon is the way to go though? thoughts?

J0dy77

Here's what I'm going to try Master Tengu with:

WQaSzusl.jpg

I saved echidna for this dungeon specifically, she's at 63 but no skill ups. Vamp same reason and is at max skill which should help a lot. I just need to dump a bunch of levels into vamp and mech. Master should go well, not sure about Legend.

Are there any other low stamina dungeons? I'm going to lose this team as soon as I evolve batman. Might be worth trying to pull for another one but I'm out of stones.

Bumping myself..
Ares wd 56, echidna 40, pkh 36, gigas 35, horus (unevolved)32/shiva(unevolved) 30..
Can i run hera and goddess or should i try to rush my valk team?

Hmmm. You're gonna need to pump a lot more levels into this team. iirc, my team comp was shiva lead, pkh, echidna x2, Horus subs and Freyr friend.

Shiva, Horus, and Freyr friend were max lvl and had plus eggs. Pkh was in the 70s max skilled. One enchilada was also in the 70s near max, and the other was in the 30s no skill level.

Shiva made Neptune easy to take down. Hades was a bear but the delay helped with that. Once you get to Hera its time to burst her down with Horus Freyr. Use delays as needed.

If you wanna use a Valk team you'll need 2 valks, echidna, shyness, and a friend Valk. Higher the levels the better of course in case you need to take a hit here and there to stall for skills.

Edit: Jody, the draggie dungeon is the other low cost descend (10 cost per team member)

I'm sure there'll eventually be more. Maybe even a cumulative team cost?

SaberVulcan

I forgot how terribad the drop rates are on these mystic dungeon. 0 for 5 right now.

I havn't looked much at the new ultimates, I'm thinking 9x dragon is the way to go though? thoughts?

Yeah new ADK seems like the only true really strong ultimate evo. I just evolved him and my CDK (because I basically always run dark teams...). Will probably try to mess around with a Green/Black dragon team to take advantage of them.

Yeah new ADK seems like the only true really strong ultimate evo. I just evolved him and my CDK (because I basically always run dark teams...). Will probably try to mess around with a Green/Black dragon team to take advantage of them.
Yeah I'm a little disappointed with the stat bump on the mystic knights. Though they have pretty good awakenings so I guess that helps some. I'm not even going to bother evolving them until I've given them some awakenings first.

I wonder if ADK is going to take back his spot from Valk now, seeing as there's also the Zaerog option which takes it up to 10.5x ATK. Now that there are so many options for 9x ATK teams, Valk is really the weakest option in terms of base attack.

Althane

You should really focus on your rippers.

Thanatos has terrible stats until his ultimate evolution (not available in NA yet). Lilith is decent but situational. D'Spinas is underwhelming for how much effort you need to invest, but makes a decent dark leader in his ultimate evo.

Harpies are... situational. Black Knight is just... you're going to want to replace him.

Rippers, though. Decent stats, half-damage leader skill, and one of the best early-game active skills. Get them to their final evolution, level them just enough to break 1k attack (diminishing returns after that), and sub them in until you have something better. Evolving all five rippers is basically a rite of passage. They'll carry you for a long, long time.

I know Black Knight is replacement material, but I needed another dark to make an all dark team, and the guard break was useful.

My Harpie is my hardest hitter right now, I can usually get ~4k a turn out of it. Bomb is also useful in the early dungeons, but I'm finding it just not doing enough to the bosses now.

I guess I do have some Shiny Pengdras for my Light Dragon, but haven't had a gold metal dungeon in forever. =\

Other than that, feeding them to 70 is going to be a pain (and expensive).

SaberVulcan

Yeah I'm a little disappointed with the stat bump on the mystic knights. Though they have pretty good awakenings so I guess that helps some. I'm not even going to bother evolving them until I've given them some awakenings first.

I wonder if ADK is going to take back his spot from Valk now, seeing as there's also the Zaerog option which takes it up to 10.5x ATK. Now that there are so many options for 9x ATK teams, Valk is really the weakest option in terms of base attack.

I thought about evolving some Mystic Knights and doing awakening beforehand... but meh, Im low on evolution and feeding materials, so I didnt want to take the time. Probably a good idea though, the first 2 levels of Awakening for the knights seem solid.

Bumping myself..
Ares wd 56, echidna 40, pkh 36, gigas 35, horus (unevolved)32/shiva(unevolved) 30..
Can i run hera and goddess or should i try to rush my valk team?
I think with a few more levels you'll be good, but at this point you may have difficulty surviving the constant high damage Hera does each turn, not to mention the previous floors. Hard to tell without knowing your total HP after both leader bonuses.

linsivvi

Ancient Dark Dragon is pretty tough since currently I don't seem to have the team to do it. Might need to level up Robin quickly since that's one option.

And Tengu...They have to drop it right after I evolved all my 10 cost monsters, do they? Will have to farm up a team to do it the next time.

Ancient Dark Dragon is pretty tough since currently I don't seem to have the team to do it. Might need to level up Robin quickly since that's one option.

And Tengu...They have to drop it right after I evolved all my 10 cost monsters, do they? Will have to farm up a team to do it the next time.

take robin + baset/Anubis and you should roll. I took Anubis and Isis and still facerolled the dungeon, despite no help from either leader

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not sure what to do about Tengu. I have a slvl 4 Echidna and a slvl 4 Vamp to work with. I just haven't really focused on low cost teams, so I don't have much to work with.

linsivvi

take robin + baset/Anubis and you should roll. I took Anubis and Isis and still facerolled the dungeon, despite no help from either leader

What about Kushinada? There's a few of them on my friend list now.

Anyway will take me a few days to level up and evolve Robin first, at least until green jewel dungeon shows up during the event.

J0dy77

Edit: Jody, the draggie dungeon is the other low cost descend (10 cost per team member)

I'm sure there'll eventually be more. Maybe even a cumulative team cost?

Yeah forgot about Draggie. Thinking about it some more I'm glad I wasn't able to power level Batman. I may just keep him unevolved. Not sure when I would ever use him over Horus for descended and this low level team should be able to do a lot.

ADK is 3rd on my list for evo. I evo'd verche and cdk this morning. The stat boost and extra color just made my Horus/Kirin team much stronger. And cdk will fit in my dark batman team. I guess my priorities are different since I already have Horus/Hera-Ur/Valk/byakko for farm teams. I want to make my subs stronger first.

What about Kushinada? There's a few of them on my friend list now.

Anyway will take me a few days to level up and evolve Robin first, at least until green jewel dungeon shows up during the event.

you really don't need to evo him to make him useful. I think I ran with a mid level non-evo'd Robin and damage was still nuts. Kushinada should work as well. Depending on how strong your subs are. Making 8ish combos in a tricolor dungeon is not the hardest thing in the world.

Asides from Draggie and Tengu, there's also a 4* conditional collab dungeon in JP which we will probably get if Ragnarok Odyssey Ace gets localized in the West.

linsivvi

you really don't need to evo him to make him useful. I think I ran with a mid level non-evo'd Robin and damage was still nuts. Kushinada should work as well. Depending on how strong your subs are. Making 8ish combos in a tricolor dungeon is not the hardest thing in the world.

That's good to hear. I'll try that later then. I'd rather use my dubs on Mystic Knights.

Asides from Draggie and Tengu, there's also a 4* conditional collab dungeon in JP which we will probably get if Ragnarok Odyssey Ace gets localized in the West.

The game is coming stateside next year (I really dug the original) , and I think it's a given we get that collab. Pretty big deal since the Physical team gets a big boost with the boss mob that drops from that dungeon.

I think with a few more levels you'll be good, but at this point you may have difficulty surviving the constant high damage Hera does each turn, not to mention the previous floors. Hard to tell without knowing your total HP after both leader bonuses.
Should i go with a sub that given me rcv/hp rather then rcv/atk?
With my current team in terms of level what would be my prio? Max level ares? Max level pkh, gigas, unevolved horus? Or switch to shiva instead of horus? Or worse switch to another red lead?

As i said if needed i can try to powerfarm a valk team though i think it's hard to put it in SHAPE by hera day

Should i go with a sub that given me rcv/hp rather then rcv/atk?
With my current team in terms of level what would be my prio? Max level ares? Max level pkh, gigas, unevolved horus? Or switch to shiva instead of horus? Or worse switch to another red lead?

As i said if needed i can try to powerfarm a valk team though i think it's hard to put it in SHAPE by hera day

If you had a Shiva Shiva team with a couple of Echidnas, with 70 avg health, I *think* you could do it.

What's your Healer team look like? You could always do it with a friend Orochi.

Would be WR Valk, Siren x2, Poison dealer, echidna, and friend orochi.

Max skills important, of course, especially for the sirens.

If you had a Shiva Shiva team with a couple of Echidnas, with 70 avg health, I *think* you could do it.

What's your Healer team look like? You could always do it with a friend Orochi.

Would be WR Valk, Siren x2, Poison dealer, echidna, and friend orochi.

Max skills important, of course, especially for the sirens.
princess valk no skill up, 1 siren (low level and just lvl2 skillwise), echidna 30-40(no skillup), lilith pre-evo but i can evo her without issue (again no skill) XD
and orochi? wouldn't godin be better? or it's orochi for the active second delay?

Orochi is safer (assuming you don't have a 50% resist) since Hades hits you for a lot. Depends on team composition and total HP, really.

Managed to finally kill Joker (and got the drop) on Master thanks to a friend D/D Hades and a last-second decision to sub in Parvati. Maniac Mastermind gets reduced to a survivable ~15k with 80% resist. Now to figure out if I can replicate my success in JP. I seldom see friend resist leaders there.

Orochi is safer (assuming you don't have a 50% resist) since Hades hits you for a lot. Depends on team composition and total HP, really.

Managed to finally kill Joker (and got the drop) on Master thanks to a friend D/D Hades and a last-second decision to sub in Parvati. Maniac Mastermind gets reduced to a survivable ~15k with 80% resist. Now to figure out if I can replicate my success in JP. I seldom see friend resist leaders there.
which restist in particular? name a few mobs :)
Anyway for me then safest route is skillup siren, and go valk, echidna, siren, say lilith as poison, then either second siren for more heart, second valk if i get one or busty angelion, then finally a friend orochi?

which restist in particular? name a few mobs :)
Anyway for me then safest route is skillup siren, and go valk, echidna, siren, say lilith as poison, then either second siren for more heart, second valk if i get one or busty angelion, then finally a friend orochi?
Dark version of any of the Roman pantheon, Chaos Devil Dragon, maybe but probably not Ghostring

You're mixing up your archetypes. The classic non-IAP builds for Hera are:
Resolve+Autohealer (100% luck based)
CDD+Grodin
Valk/Valk glass cannon team

Attempting to cross pollinate those leaders might work but will probably end up getting you killed.

Limit

So Tower of Saviors is getting repackaged in NA and EU and will now be called "War of Dragons". The reigns of english version of the ToS is also being given to an unknown Casual gaming startup called Storm8 whose current pantheon of games is kind of bad. The insertion of "Dragons" in the title is such a bush league move.

So Tower of Saviors is getting repackaged in NA and EU and will now be called "War of Dragons". The reigns of english version of the ToS is also being given to an unknown Casual gaming startup called Storm8 whose current pantheon of games is kind of bad. The insertion of "Dragons" in the title is such a bush league move.

I looked into this game on a whim and while it wasn't bad, the REM was even worse than PAD's is about handing out shit and there were no godfests were it was somewhat tolerable, only carnivals.

It had a lot of interesting things going on, and gave away free currency in pretty decent amounts, but that gatcha was just miserable. I must have rerolled like 50 times into nothing but raw garbage. Even on PAD it doesn't take that long to get a b-tier starter because you can reroll during godfests.

Dark version of any of the Roman pantheon, Chaos Devil Dragon, maybe but probably not Ghostring

You're mixing up your archetypes. The classic non-IAP builds for Hera are:
Resolve+Autohealer (100% luck based)
CDD+Grodin
Valk/Valk glass cannon team

Attempting to cross pollinate those leaders might work but will probably end up getting you killed.
well i *have* a CDD..
so if i go with CDD + GrOdin, what 4 subs do i need?

poison and or armor break. devils or demons if you have any on a short cooldown. echidna for delay.

Something like that

i have an unevolved devil golem, so i can ramp him up..
so CDD + GrOdin + devil mk golem 3 + lilith + say siren (heart making)..
echidna for delay? shiva for more def break? RK for some stat? Archangel for on demand heal + rcv?
hp treshhold i should aim for?

J0dy77

I'm not sure what to do about Tengu. I have a slvl 4 Echidna and a slvl 4 Vamp to work with. I just haven't really focused on low cost teams, so I don't have much to work with.

Did you get batman from the REM? Throw a dub and dark mech/Lilith and you should be in good shape. At least that's what I'm trying for.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did you get batman from the REM? Throw a dub and dark mech/Lilith and you should be in good shape. At least that's what I'm trying for.

Nope, just Robin and Catwoman. I could roll a few to try and get a Batman since everyone seems to say he's quite legit.

Hmm, just realized Gungho has never made a monster that solely buffs RCV, and there's definitely not one (yet) in the US that buffs RCV above a multiplier of 1.5.

D/D batman is quite legit

I'm assuming you all saw my kickstarter for APEXICON went live? :)
Yeah looks pretty cool, as soon as I saw the maker and genre I was like "Hmmmmmmm." If you got a Paypal slacker backer option that bypasses Kickstarter (after it gets funded) I'll chip in.

so queen metal dragons...

2 questions for those that have played the japanese version:

1: is it like the noel dragons where if you do not get the one you want you can exit and reenter?

2: does one of the dragons give more EXP than the other (similar to how metals give less than jewel and golds)? I have monsters in dark and light that need EXP so if one is definitely "better" i want it..

I regret feeding away my max-skilled Demons long ago, since I had absolutely no use for them. I think the Helldark Blood Demon in particular would work well on my D/D Batman Tengu team. It's 2 Awakenings are enhanced Dark orb and increased damage for horizontal Dark orb match. Cost is 12. I could still use it on the team, just without access to its active skill. The Ancient dungeon is trolling me though, only giving me the Light Demon sub boss drop instead of Dark. I got 7 Lights and 1 Dark in the last 8 runs.

razterik

Yes. And yes. The metal queen gives 150000 exp base, while the gold queen gives 100000. I would just go with whichever you get, not sure the difference is worth wasting 10 or more stamina on unless you really have a specific feed in mind.

Ashodin

You'll have my support for sure!

Looks awesome - really stoked with your progress!

Aw dude thanks. I was thinking of having everyone in the P&D thread bankrolled with INK when I release mobile (how you buy stuff in the mobile version). Just because I love you guys so much.

muu

Had to renew CC before purchase of some stones, came back to the app and was charged for the stones but got a screen telling me purchase was cancelled (I'm guessing timed out on app side). Has anyone had this happen before and is there a way to claim purchased stones outside of fighting with customer service?

mm i'm quite set on this ineup for hera descended
cdd
siren (have to max skill her, so i'll farm marine goblin till i puke tomorrow)
machine golem mk3 (hp and pierce def)//shiva (hp and ignore def)
echidna
RK
GrOdin

any advice about where to pump level? cdd (lvl 34), golem (30), siren 16, echidna 32
atm if i go with cdd/siren/golem/echidna/siren/rk
i have 1,3k rcv and 8977hp, so with grodin i should reach at the very least 11k hp
shiva has pitiful rcv so in the end it's
shiva active vs golem active + 1k hp difference

Colby

Aw dude thanks. I was thinking of having everyone in the P&D thread bankrolled with INK when I release mobile (how you buy stuff in the mobile version). Just because I love you guys so much.
Game looks cool. I've only backed one Kickstarter (Hex MMOTCG), and it hasn't gone well, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep backing projects. But if I do, this one will be the first. Playing your game on dat Wii U tablet would be awesome!

Good luck either way.

Ashodin

Game looks cool. I've only backed one Kickstarter (Hex MMOTCG), and it hasn't gone well, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep backing projects. But if I do, this one will be the first. Playing your game on dat Wii U tablet would be awesome!

Good luck either way.

Thanks man! Every little bit helps, including people just seeing it. We're trying to get the media to talk about us at all, really.

Top Bottom