• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the approximate drop rate on Joker Master? 40%? I can't do Legend without a stroke of luck, so I'm farming Master...But so far, no good.

ZeroAKA

I ran through Oceanus Falls 5 times to farm for Marine Goblins to skill up my Siren before Hera Descended. Instead, I ended up with 0 Marone Goblins and 3 plus eggs. Thanks, Gungtroll.

which would be better for Tengu?

Red team

Shaitan (for Wood damage void and 2.5x hp)
unskilled 4* echidna
max level, max skill titan (I would have a gigas, but those red masks are a pain to collect)
Flame armor Ogre (Green/Red Ogre) for Flame Strike
CoC Flame Archer (1.5 x fire att. atk) skill level 2)

Total hp before helper leader 4091

Green Team:
Max Level Slyph (for 2.5x hp)
max level Earth Guardian
Flame armor Ogre (Green/Red Ogre) for Flame Strike
Lvl 48 Highlander Skill lvl 3
dub-emelit

Total HP before helper leader 5545

Batman Team

D/D Batman Lvl 39 (2x atk and HP)
Lvl 65 dark golem mk II Skll Lvl 3
Vamp Lord - Lvl 21 Max Skill
ECO Dumpty - Lvl 10
Dub-Mythlit (I'm getting at least one tomorrow, no matter what)

Total HP before helper leader 4700

I'm torn, and I am not sure where I want to spend EXP on for the next few days. The green is mostly done, but that flame armor Ogre could use a lot of levels. I wish hera-ur was before Tengu so I could get some awakenings on that flame armor.

The red gets a lot of the functionality of the green team, and has green void for tengu, but is much lower leveled. The batman team has the 4x atk, and has gotten more reasonable in it's HP, but I'm still nervous about dealing 1 million damage to tengu before his big attack.

I have three tamadoras, but I don't want to waste them...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Excited for Hera, I think I have a good shot as long as I have a high level GOdin friend. I Just need to decide on my last sub. Rest of the team is Dark Neptune, maxed skill siren fully awakened, max skilled megalodon, and a rainbow keeper. Sound good? All the levels are mid to high.

Excited for Hera, I think I have a good shot as long as I have a high level GOdin friend. I Just need to decide on my last sub. Rest of the team is Dark Neptune, maxed skill siren fully awakened, max skilled megalodon, and a rainbow keeper. Sound good? All the levels are mid to high.

Do you have a delay? Ech or Orchi.

or Armor break? Golem / Shiva

MikeDip

He has Abyss Neptune so he does not need an armor breaker. A nuke dragon, preferably Ancient Light Dragon, would speed things up.

Don't have any ancient dragons but I do have a fully evolved dark ripper, would that work? Just need to bump up its level if so.

Jagernaut

Don't have any ancient dragons but I do have a fully evolved dark ripper, would that work? Just need to bump up its level if so.

The dark ripper is good, but a light ripper would be better for speeding up the Hades and Hera battles (2x damage vs dark).

MikeDip

The dark ripper is good, but a light ripper would be better for speeding up the Hades and Hera battles (2x damage vs dark).

I do have one but i doubt I'll be able to level and evolve it in time. I'll go with the dark ripper as the last slot. I'm terrified haha, this is my second special dungeon I'll be trying, and I had no luck with the first (Two heroes but I wasn't ready then)

Jagernaut

I do have one but i doubt I'll be able to level and evolve it in time. I'll go with the dark ripper as the last slot. I'm terrified haha, this is my second special dungeon I'll be trying, and I had no luck with the first (Two heroes but I wasn't ready then)

Do you have a blue Noel dragon? 2 Heroes is not hard with a blue Noel, Abyss Neptune, and 2 max skilled Sirens/Megalodorans.

Nista

What do you guys consider the best safe Hera farming teams for skillup purposes?

Don't feel like doing it if it'll be a long grind, but it's probably worth attempting some skillups before we get the busty version down the line.

MikeDip

Do you have a blue Noel dragon? 2 Heroes is not hard with a blue Noel, Abyss Neptune, and 2 max skilled Sirens/Megalodorans.

No but back then I didn't even have the team cost to put in my Rainbow keeper, and I didn't have the megalo at all and the siren wasn't anywhere near as good as she is now. I just wasn't ready but wanted to try it. I love water teams in games and wanted some good monsters for my monowater team. Speaking of which, I really hope I get a Mystic Ice Knight sometime soon. I grabbed all the other Mystic guys from the special dungeons that have been popping up but no darn water one yet.

This Hera dungeon is my first real shot at clearing a special dungeon. I also really want that other Hera, the water one that is coming up, but I haven't looked into that dungeon yet.

What do you guys consider the best safe Hera farming teams for skillup purposes?

Don't feel like doing it if it'll be a long grind, but it's probably worth attempting some skillups before we get the busty version down the line.

Kirin/Kirn , Horus/Kirin, optimal Valk w/ fairlion final evo+king shynee with good levels, Leilan tricolor all should clear pretty damn fast. Haku has so much gravity access that if you can stall (and you can w/ sufficiently leveled subs) that it should work . I have a couple of these teams but don't have the 116-118 or so max stam that I want to have before tackling my Hera-Is, Hera, and Hades skillups.

Kirin/Kirn , Horus/Kirin, optimal Valk w/ fairlion final evo+king shynee with good levels, Leilan tricolor all should clear pretty damn fast. Haku has so much gravity access that if you can stall (and you can w/ sufficiently leveled subs) that it should work . I have a couple of these teams but don't have the 116-118 or so max stam that I want to have before tackling my Hera-Is, Hera, and Hades skillups.

Going to give it a shot with Haku and see how that goes. Ra is too inconsistent and needs Luck to reliably farm

MikeDip

I was thinking, for my last sub for Hera, would the middle evolution of the Mystic dark knight (with one skill level up) be better than the max evolved dark ripper? Being able to change light orbs to dark sounds super useful for keeping me alive, would clear out more orbs for hopefully more heart drops. I don't care how long it takes me to finish the dungeon, I just want to be able to clear it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm thinking of trying to farm Hera with:

Valk/Valk + Shynee/Verche/Echidna/Angelion

Shynee is the only non-max skilled. Should put me at just over 11k HP, so I shouldn't have any issues stalling on Venus to charge Shynee.

Musan

Valk is my favorite way of farming Hera. Only problem I encountered is having enough HP to survive a hit from Ceres or Minerva in case you mess up. Neptune can be a problem, but you just need 3x3 light orb match and a +297 Valk.

daemissary

The safest farming team is just Ama/Green Odin. A little slow going but you can throw in gravity subs to speed it up.

My favorite Hera farm team is a dual Horus setup involving Orochi. It's a bit slower that the Valk team but barely, and it is MUCH safer. The extra 7k HP is a nice safety net.

No but back then I didn't even have the team cost to put in my Rainbow keeper, and I didn't have the megalo at all and the siren wasn't anywhere near as good as she is now. I just wasn't ready but wanted to try it. I love water teams in games and wanted some good monsters for my monowater team. Speaking of which, I really hope I get a Mystic Ice Knight sometime soon. I grabbed all the other Mystic guys from the special dungeons that have been popping up but no darn water one yet.

This Hera dungeon is my first real shot at clearing a special dungeon. I also really want that other Hera, the water one that is coming up, but I haven't looked into that dungeon yet.
There doesn't exist a dungeon for the mystic ice knight yet. Maybe as Twitter Dungeon 7 since I think the various chasers will have votes split between them.

My favorite Hera farm team is a dual Horus setup involving Orochi. It's a bit slower that the Valk team but barely, and it is MUCH safer. The extra 7k HP is a nice safety net.

Yeah, this is a good team. Orochi gets a bad rap because of stalling and how hard it can be in some places, but when you can stall he's just amazing. Also, the extra team HP so you can take a smack from Minerva in case you goof up is pretty damn useful.

There doesn't exist a dungeon for the mystic ice knight yet. Maybe as Twitter Dungeon 7 since I think the various chasers will have votes split between them.

The closest thing we've ever gotten is the Castle of Satan invades. Honestly, the "Mystic Ice Knight dungeon" is currently Hera Descended,since you run into mystic knight drops while farming gravity skillups.

Flambe

Okay how is this for Hera..

Leader: Lvl 73 Max Awoken Odin
Lvl 68 Enchantress Siren
Lvl 44 Lilith
Lvl 59 Duke Vamp Lord
Lvl 53 Chaos Devil Dragon
Friend: Awoken Odin

According to Padx this will reduce dmg enough that my Odin's 500 autorecovery will heal most of the dmg from bosses by itself except Hades which will require a single 3x heart match every six turns..

Now for questions, would I be better off replacing Lilith with a Mk III Dark Golem and just use Armor Break + Gugnir instead of poison on Neptune? I'd gain a good bit of stats too over my unevolved Lilith, though lose recovery naturally.

I'm liking my CDD for a panic button against first 4 waves.

Duke Vamp has some nice stats, but would a 69 Echidna be better for safety in first waves? Again losing out on hp/atk but gaining a nice active.

Thanks for help =]

Max skilled demon seems like a better idea versus CDD against early waves due to its shorter cooldown and single target, so you can easily pick off enemies with identical turn clocks and stall to charge skills easier.

Ashodin

I'm thinking of trying to farm Hera with:

Valk/Valk + Shynee/Verche/Echidna/Angelion

Shynee is the only non-max skilled. Should put me at just over 11k HP, so I shouldn't have any issues stalling on Venus to charge Shynee.

I don't get it. Verche isn't Healer type though. Just for his active + HP?

Max skilled demon seems like a better idea versus CDD against early waves due to its shorter cooldown and single target, so you can easily pick off enemies with identical turn clocks and stall to charge skills easier.

Funny you should mention, I have
478.png
maxed out.

Lvl 68 Enchantress Siren
Lvl 44 Lilith
Lvl 59 Duke Vamp Lord

According to Padx this will reduce dmg enough that my Odin's 500 autorecovery will heal most of the dmg from bosses by itself except Hades which will require a single 3x heart match every six turns..

Now for questions, would I be better off replacing Lilith with a Mk III Dark Golem and just use Armor Break + Gugnir instead of poison on Neptune? I'd gain a good bit of stats too over my unevolved Lilith, though lose recovery naturally.

Duke Vamp has some nice stats, but would a 69 Echidna be better for safety in first waves? Again losing out on hp/atk but gaining a nice active.

Thanks for help =]

I would say yes, because using lilith to take down neptune will take a stupid long time.

Flambe

In that case I wish my policy of feeding demons to others wasn't in effect >.>

Lvl 68 Enchantress Siren
Lvl 44 Lilith
Lvl 59 Duke Vamp Lord

Thanks for help =]

I agree with Bosstones replace the Lilith with the Mark III

nevermind Awakenings... Wish I had an Odin to Awaken....

In that case I wish my policy of feeding demons to others wasn't in effect >.>

oh man. Demons with a max skill are awesome when you need a high atk low hp sub. Ninjas are great too, but they aren't as prominent as devils. My goal is a max skill demon of every color, think I have 2-3 already.

Ducarmel

My team for my first attempt at Hera using Odin defense strategy is

Drawn joker level 38 skill level 1
Echantress Siren level 57 max skill
RK
Empress Echidna level 38 skill level 1
Dark MK.III level 31 skill level 1

HP is 8650, RCU 1588

I have a CDD level 51 to swap with drawn joker leader that would bring my hp close to 9500 but rcu drops 1430.

I also have a lot of enhance material I have been saving if I need to level up my lineup.

Suggestions?

MikeDip

I was thinking, for my last sub for Hera, would the middle evolution of the Mystic dark knight (with one skill level up) be better than the max evolved dark ripper? Being able to change light orbs to dark sounds super useful for keeping me alive, would clear out more orbs for hopefully more heart drops. I don't care how long it takes me to finish the dungeon, I just want to be able to clear it.

Any other advice for this? I have narrowed my choice down to three possibilities for the last slot. All I want is to beat the dungeon, I don't care how long it takes, so the safer option is preferred.
1)max evolved dark ripper
2)middle mystic dark knight
3)Another keeper? (Team cost might be a problem if I wanted to fit in a rainbow one but doable if I grind it out, but I also do have an ice golem with high hp or the other keepers)

Any other advice for this? I have narrowed my choice down to three possibilities for the last slot. All I want is to beat the dungeon, I don't care how long it takes, so the safer option is preferred.
1)max evolved dark ripper
2)middle mystic dark knight
3)Another keeper? (Team cost might be a problem if I wanted to fit in a rainbow one but doable if I grind it out, but I also do have an ice golem with high hp or the other keepers)
If you want to be safe I'd slot in either a decently leveled and skilled Echidna or the highest HP monster with Defensive Stance you can field.

as for me final hera lineup will be
cdd (lead)
siren (max skilled)
machine golem mk3 (hp and pierce def)//shiva (hp and ignore def).. mk golem would give me a bit more dmg on hera but it's pennies really..
echidna (panic button1)
RK (panic button2)
GrOdin (friend lead)

sitting on 9336hp+1397 rcv..
i might be able to squeeze some more rcf via blue dragon but i think that i won't break the 1500 mark..
anyway this would set me 1500rcv and 12k life witha low GrOdin..
and that *should* be enough for hera..
I'm ready to throw up to 7 stone worst come to worst, but this time i gotta snag at the very least one hera (possibly 2-3)..
My aim is
astaroth evo, hera evo, hera evo, utility, echidna/poison user/armorbreak, astaroth evo friend
or
astaroth evo, hera evo, hera evo, counter archdemon, utility, luci sod friend

so i can further my pad progression..
my main team, monored, is apparently incapable of doing any descended, save 2heroes, without major pita..
So i'll farm my valk team and asta team...
hopefully :X

Do to Cosmo's suggestion, I was planning on using an Ice Armor Ogre on my D/D Batman team for the Tengu Flame Spirits. But now I'm considering using a King Baddie instead, and burst through their defense with the Helldark Blood Demon. That way, I'd have another Dark monster to benefit from Batman's HP/ATK boost. The downside is I wouldn't get to benefit from the Ogre's 2 Skill Boost Awakenings, making me need to stall even more turns before Baddie activates. Also, since I'd need to basically match all the Dark orbs on the board to burst the Flame Spirits, I'd be entering the boss fight with barely any Dark orbs on the board. I'll probably end up trying both ways.

Ugh, anybody know when the next event is for JP? Need to clear some box space so bad.

Damn! 13 tamas? I've only got two! One from the Tama dungeon, and another off a pal roll.

Top Bottom