• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

ohi minna-san!!!
0-stoned :p
fuck you biatch!

anyway, turns out the issue was not my matching skill but rather my mindset..
usually i run monocolor (red), so i went into autopilot for 1 heal combo, 1 small dmg combo..
this produced a problem, for i rarely did a full table clear..

now..

team..
cdd
rk
echidna
max skilled, max awoken siren
mk3 (light golem)
awoken odin friend (max lvl, max awoken)

what i did..
this setup granted 2x autoheal, so i struggled a bit on synced devil in 1-4, but i had at the very least 1k health recover on EACH matching, thus if the boss hit me for LESS than 1k every turn (if it hits every n turn, divide by n) after reduction, i could simply 3 orb match, else it would be 3xheart, 3xwhatever each round..

hera...
well since the fight was long i picked a monster ripper from the supermarket this evening in preparation, since i couldn't disappoint gaf with weak performance!
I adopted this tactics for hera

0) always get back to full health
1) sync golem, odin, cdd active skills..
2) if golem debuff is still active force 3xheart, and then at least 4x different combo, to do both board sweep and some dmg
3) changed the way i used rk active... since hera deals 1,3k and i autoheal for 1k, if i have LESS than 6 health orb on the board (thus 2x 3orb combo) it means that i don't have 2 turns of freeway, so...
Now a choice ensue:
if i think i can do a MAJOR board sweep, i just board sweep as much as possible if siren is active, so that IF the new board is unfavorable AFTER taking a small hit (1.3k) I have 4 turn to heal and manipulate the board..
If the board is unfavorable for long chain, i pop rk BEFORE attacking, match just 1x 3heart combo, then i have 2 turn where hera will deal like 700dmg (due to passive from leaders and rk active) AND i'll autoheal for 1k/turn when i do at least one orb match.. this way i have three turn to get back a favorable orb situation..
For me favorable means at least 10 between fire and health orb, possibly more.. anything less than this doesn't give me enough leeway to be safe for a few turn, hence requires a massive board sweep..
Followed these steps and I hard STOMPED the bitch.. So I guess that all I needed was some concetration and mindset change.. playing monocolor is... aggravating for the brain :X
4) instead of spamming echidna as a omg omg button, i used rk in an attentive way and managed a lot of high% board sweep, thus i ended up find myself out (aka press echidna button) of alternative 3 times in the whole hera fight :p

BIG QUESTION! IF i manage the same level of concentration on hera-is think that a drawn joker (rest of the same =) will manage?
I'll try to pump serious exp into the drawn joker for that date if it's feasible!

Advice dear gaffers!

Amon37

Droid Dragon is an excellent option but yours is a bit too under leveled. Dark Golem might work depending on how leveled up he is. Same with Chaos Devil Dragon. Do you have any Rainbow keepers lying around? Two of them will serve as excellent subs if you have them.

Zero stoning Hera would be a much easier endeavor if you had autoheal on your Odin and Siren. But if you want Hera right now then you can still go through this dungeon with a friend max awakened Odin. Flambe has one. I do one too. But mine will not be up for next hour as I will be running super metal dungeons.

ok im going to try in 70 miniutes when my stamina is at 50.

my team:

grodin
rk
rk
siren
lilth
helper max awoken odin

can I get a number gor a friend with max awoken odin please?

BIG QUESTION! IF i manage the same level of concentration on hera-is think that a drawn joker (rest of the same =) will manage?
I'll try to pump serious exp into the drawn joker for that date if it's feasible!

Advice dear gaffers!
The big question for Hera-Is is a combination of total RCV and your orb matching abilities. Once Hera-Is's HP gets low, if your RCV isn't up to snuff you will run into situations where you need to pull off 6+ combos, one of which are heal orbs, multiple turns in a row. This is on top of smart management of active skills, especially since Hera-Is is a technical dungeon.

Is there any use for a high level Tengu? The main reason I'm getting one is for its Perseverance (don't have Orochi).

Best use of Tengu is farming Legendary Earth.

Blah. Probably going to pass on Tengu. Not sure how I'm gonna get passed floor 4. Not enough damage on my fire or dark teams, and I don't have a water keeper to evolve my fire ogre.

Flambe

Dang, my Dual Odin team crushed Hera's dungeon with no problem. Two Gugnirs and CDD for first 4 waves and once at the bosses the only way to die is by not making a single match lol.

Second run went a bit better swapping in my aquired Hera for Gravity goodness on the bosses.

Two Heras now, should I go for 3? Will be a while to level these up, though 5 super kings will help =D

It's so nice having Gravity and Valk finally, now I just want a damn Neptune as Abyss seems pretty useful in many cases.

can I get a number gor a friend with max awoken odin please?

Max Odin here at 323,774,206 though not quite as levelled as Limit =]

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got my second hera. Again 0 stones, the dungeon is so damn long though.
So um... is it worth getting a third? I'm kinda sick of this damn dungeon though.

Also, I really do want a Hera Is, gotta start looking into strategies for her next.

How so? Is the active ability or awakenings used?

Since it's a normal dungeon you just swap Tengu in on Zaerog and autoheal your way to victory.

Actually I don't know what the team comps for such a team would be, but the producer tweeted that tech himself so maybe they had that in mind when they made him.

So I'm 3/6 on completing sky dragon rush legend with my spike team.

That's not too terrible, shaitan team has 6k hp after friend shaitan but before multiplier. I think I've got a shot. Ice samurai ogre fully awoken should help with any skill stalling.

So who is running Shaitan tomorrow vs D/D batman?

Ashodin

That's not too terrible, shaitan team has 6k hp after friend shaitan but before multiplier. I think I've got a shot. Ice samurai ogre fully awoken should help with any skill stalling.

Running D/D batman!

BlueSteel

If anyone needs a maxed baby shaitan message me. I can put him up for tomorrow.

Yup I would appreciate it!

Well, actually, would not having an echidna be an issue? Any that I've had have been fed to try and get skillups (... grumble)

My two possible teams are:

Thanatos
D/D Batman
Dub Mythlit
Lilith
Ice Samurai Ogre
5244 HP, 1095 rcv, 2734 attack.

Shaitan
CoC Flame Archer
Ice Samurai Ogre
Gigas
Blazing Ice Ogre

HP: 6878 (Before buffs), 2945 attack, 431 rcv (ykes)

Any combination of these work? Barring these, I could always try to robin it, but that's very iffy and would probably wreck me stone-wise.

Looks like most people here had good luck getting their first Heras . Congrats!

NA Godfest is up, and it's so terrible.

edit: Fairlio is a better pull than most of the gods in this godfest tbh.

Ducarmel

Since the only gods i have is Verche and Minerva I decided to pull, the goal was to pull until I have no stones or until I get Bastet whichever comes first. I pulled until I had no more stones :(

No Bastet but I got Falcon Horus, Horus, Idunn&Idunna, Lakshmi, The One True God, and Vritra.

I guess Horus could be a decent addition to my mono red team. I am not skilled enough to use his full potential.

Also have a good leader for mono blue team.

lordcyno

I'll be running Shaitan tomorrow. Fortunately, I never really rolled a mono red leader so most of my red monsters that aren't gods are at their second stage evolutions.

My batman team doesn't have the levels compared to my Shaitan team.

Giard

3 pulls..

Fairlio (well I do have a Valk...)
Anubis (FUCK... although I could use him as a sub in a dark team with Luci leader)
Dragon Rider (shit)

MikeDip

2 pulls, got a sigfriend (I did want a heal to water guy so hurray?) and a Fairlio (never heard of it) Is that thing good?

Still never pulled a god during a godfest :(

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
2 pulls, got a sigfriend (I did want a heal to water guy so hurray?) and a Fairlio (never heard of it) Is that thing good?

Still never pulled a god during a godfest :(

Apollo was the god I pulled on my first pull last time around. This time around, Bastet.

MikeDip

Can someone please suggest a team for hera–is? I really have no idea for this dungeon, I didn't know it was so soon. Here is my monster box and thank you!

f7kaO7m.jpg

Limit

Aaaaaaaaannndd done. Got a Tengu to drop from both master and legend. Ended up using 2 stones at legend; one in first round and one at Tengu. Just couldn't pull off Robin Combo chain in both cases. Otherwise, easy dungeon for a Robin team.

Ducarmel

Just zero stone Hera took me more then 2 HRS.

Since REM sort of disappointed me decided to try my luck with Odin Resist team last minute changes to my line up and decided to bench Echinda and go with another heart maker. Thanks Limit for your Odin used him just before he was about to expire.

Caerith

Never pull during a godfest unless you can pull three or more times, or you're just asking to be disappointed.

Ideally, wait until both pantheons are to your liking.

J0dy77

So, which teams managed to clear Tengu on Master?

Just finished my third run with The Batman team, no drop. Now I need to wait for stamina refresh. The first run I made some mistakes but learned a lot. Third run was farm more and breezed through it knowing what to look for.

Tips:

- Stall to charge breaker and echidna on the ogre.
- be very careful with the flames. Even after popping armor break I still needed multiple dark matches to break their armor. Forgot the team was so under leveled. Use vampire here to help with damage.
- tengu is pretty easy just time your delays. Let him bind first turn, then use one batman delay. Right before he gets to 40% use the second delay. Under 40% he'll concentrate and then one shot you. Pop echidna after concentration and burn him done with vamp skill.

Here's my team status. No shot at legendary I wouldn't think. Rcv is way too low.

AKPuZFMl.jpg

razterik

Tengu is annoying. Burned through Master too fast with Batman and died to Wisps before getting golem up. Should have slotted Siren for extra heals. Decided to test run Shaitan and had no issues on Master, just takes a while. Jumped into Legend and died in the first stage when the ogre and goblin decided to use their special moves at every opportunity. Came close to making it, though, so will try again later.

No Godfest pulls. Max skilled D/D Batman after two pulls. Then rolled a bunch more of him in search of a D/L that never came. Might give up on that, not sure yet.

J0dy77

Aaaaaaaaannndd done. Got a Tengu to drop from both master and legend. Ended up using 2 stones at legend; one in first round and one at Tengu. Just couldn't pull off Robin Combo chain in both cases. Otherwise, easy dungeon for a Robin team.

Congrats. I don't think I could run Robin. Getting the 8 combo reliably would be too difficult. Are you setting up the board alternating damage turn or are you going balls to the wall each turn hoping for 8?

Limit

Congrats. I don't think I could run Robin. Getting the 8 combo reliably would be too difficult. Are you setting up the board alternating damage turn or are you going balls to the wall each turn hoping for 8?

100% relying on cascades. While playing Tengu master I used puzzcombo strategy of achieving combos, which is to clear orbs in vertical formations and hope for the best. With Tengu Legend I used actual puzzcombo to get me through and it was here that I ended up using 2 stones. Just goes on to show how much cascade/luck reliant Robin and Anubis are. I personally love this swinging for the fences gameplay style. Its fun.

So..
Tengu team...
Shaitan
Gigas
Echidna
Ice samurai ogre..
But have no unevolved phoenix knight... Any replacement?
Friend slot either alma or another shaitan...

Gaf critique?

Edit: think i won't even try tengu..
Subs level is abysmal, will give it a try next time..

razterik

Stick in ECO Salamander? CoC Archer or second stage Siren maybe. You need decent levels to tank hits, though.

And 1 stone for Legend Tengu with dual max/max D/D Batmen, mid level Vamp Lord, max Dark Golem, low level ECO Dumpty, and max skill Siren. Might've gotten 0 stone, but fell just shy bursting Tengu before he used his 64k attack. Was one turn short of having a Batman delay back up, too. Having both Batmen max skilled really makes a difference, and I think Siren worked well for both healing and heart->dark burst.

Stick in ECO Salamander? CoC Archer or second stage Siren maybe. You need decent levels to tank hits, though.

And 1 stone for Legend Tengu with dual max/max D/D Batmen, mid level Vamp Lord, max Dark Golem, low level ECO Dumpty, and max skill Siren. Might've gotten 0 stone, but fell just shy bursting Tengu before he used his 64k attack. Was one turn short of having a Batman delay back up, too. Having both Batmen max skilled really makes a difference, and I think Siren worked well for both healing and heart->dark burst.

if i find anywhere a siren, i have 30 marine goblin sitting ready for skillup sigh..
as for coc, i fed a coc archier not too long ago..
me and my damn hands :X
guess i'll focus on pierdra and on raising levels for hera-is :|

Top Bottom