• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Finally got Tengu on the 5th clear. Master is pretty easy with the batman team, just focus on staggering the delays.

Debating if I'm going to try Legend for the stone.

got my arse kicked by the fire monsters. had a breaker but it wasn't dark. only light dropped during the breaker event. lame. otherwise id be capable i think. well anyways. pulled for the godfest.

one pull, gold egg...yes, yes, yes!!!!....evolved fenrir knight...well at least it isn't the regular one. fed ky unelvolved ice knight to him...no skillup. thanks gungho.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone please suggest a team for hera–is? I really have no idea for this dungeon, I didn't know it was so soon. Here is my monster box and thank you!

Any advice here guys? I only have today to get some levels if I need them, I don't know what to focus on. A lot of the teams online I can find have an echinda, should I focus all today on the hope of getting one?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am still traveling today, so I probably don't have time to build a team and run Tengu. I don't imagine he's a needed lead or sub for any major teams, is he?

Ducarmel

Can someone please suggest a team for hera–is? I really have no idea for this dungeon, I didn't know it was so soon. Here is my monster box and thank you!

First be aware I have not played or beaten this dungeon yet, all my knowledge is from reading padx and padforum and watching youtube videos. The Odin Resist strategy works but you will likely spend stones if your not good at matching, padforum have many people claim to have done it. I assume to zero stone it you would have to be lucky and able to match a set of hearts have fully awoken Siren and GrOdin plus have a crazy combo each turn. You would also need to find a way to avoid getting bind or survive a bind, so you need Echidna to delay and or RK to reduce damage while bind and healing to max after each hit.

And this is for legend not mythical.

Video proof of a legend run and this is without the awakening system. Edit: it looks like all his monster are max level in that video I am not sure if you need max level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs

For you it looks like you will have to get your Hera ready since you don't have Hades and bring an RK since you don't have Susano.

Tengu get on master. Really easy with a batman team.

Bats
Mech Golem
Dub-Myth
Dark Dragon Knight
Light Demon (5 turn CD)
Bats

No real risk of dieing past level 1

Jagernaut

I've been running

Shaitan
Ice Samurai Ogre
Phoenix Knight
Gigas - max skilled
Echidna
ECO Salamander Alma

I've beat Master twice but haven't got the drop yet. I have D/D Batman but I don't have a low level armor break or dark orb changers so I'm sticking to my fire team.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
First be aware I have not played or beaten this dungeon yet, all my knowledge is from reading padx and padforum and watching youtube videos. The Odin Resist strategy works but you will likely spend stones if your not good at matching, padforum have many people claim to have done it. I assume to zero stone it you would have to be lucky and able to match a set of hearts have fully awoken Siren and GrOdin plus have a crazy combo each turn. You would also need to find a way to avoid getting bind or survive a bind, so you need Echidna to delay and or RK to reduce damage while bind and healing to max after each hit.

And this is for legend not mythical.

Video proof of a legend run and this is without the awakening system. Edit: it looks like all his monster are max level in that video I am not sure if you need max level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs

For you it looks like you will have to get your Hera ready since you don't have Hades and bring an RK since you don't have Susano.

I am working on getting my hera up. I think I can do that. Should I try farming for an echinda today though? I really do have bad luck with drops but she seems so useful for this dungeon (and in general so I will get her eventually), both for the delay skill and more recovery. If I don't get her should I even bother with the dungeon this time around?

I've been running

Shaitan
Ice Samurai Ogre
Phoenix Knight
Gigas - max skilled
Echidna
ECO Salamander Alma

I've beat Master twice but haven't got the drop yet. I have D/D Batman but I don't have a low level armor break or dark orb changers so I'm sticking to my fire team.
what i had in mind :X

anyway..
I did a team simulation and results are not really encouraging..
LEADER SLOT
drawn joker has to be mandatory max level..
hp are WAY, WAY too low, to consider anything else..
i *might* need a gravity if not a poison.. neptune would be perfect, resist, poison... so i'm going poisonless...

SUB SLOT
siren will have to be max level or so..
echidna will have to be max level or so..
2 slots left..
rk for stat stick and his active resist
1 slot left..
mk golem 3 was a great stat stick, his active helped since i had to deal with high def etc... if i go with awoken hera for gravity, granted i'll need a shitton exp, she'll most likely lower hp even more..

i'm a bit underwhelmed, think i need a neptune to tackle this one, or a godin myself and pair with someone else neptune....
sadpanda...

3 pulls today.

1.) Sea Serpent
2.) Undine : The Water Elemental ( already have a regular Undine )
3.) Shiva

My water team got a boost so I am happy. May actually use that Shiva a lot once upgraded.

Ducarmel

I am working on getting my hera up. I think I can do that. Should I try farming for an echinda today though? I really do have bad luck with drops but she seems so useful for this dungeon (and in general so I will get her eventually), both for the delay skill and more recovery. If I don't get her should I even bother with the dungeon this time around?

The only thing I can think of if you cant get Echinda is to bring another Keeper or heart maker. Echinda is usually for emergencies when you have no other option but RK is essential to survive bind and heart maker is needed for when you need the hearts. You would have to hope you don't get backed into a wall. I played regular Hera descend without Echinda and it worked out fine for me because I had two max skilled heart makers.

IMO I would not bother with the dungeon unless you know you can zero stone it, the guy in that video has the best of the best for a Abyss Neptune/Odin team and he has great matching skills. His monster were max level and his Hades was even skill level 13, Echinda is max skill and that is incredibly achievement for this game. It was still hard he admitted and he still did not get the egg to drop for Hera-Is because it's only 40% chance to drop in legendary. So even if you manage to come up with a team barely enough to play and your on your game how much stones are you willing to spend just for a 40% chance.

xCobalt

Ran Tengu 4 times on Master with the batman team. Only managed to beat it 2 times but still no drop. The lack of recovery really hurts.

Tobe

qq, my cc is not from the us if i switch the store to my local one (which does not have pad) could i make in-app purchases of stones?

also im grinding batman collab on int to try to get joker lol 2% drop. tried expert shit beat me to the ground

Went with a second Shaitan as a sub instead of a Flame Golem; it has a lot better RCV and the extra Wood Barrier is a better active on Tengu. Not exactly the safest team though; pretty much every floor becomes a threat if you don't clear all but one of the mobs fast enough.

Jagernaut

Third times the charm with my Shaitan team on Master. No stoned Tengu and got the drop. I'm not going to bother with Legend difficulty. I saved Gigas and Phoenix Knight to burst him down when he dropped below 40%.

toshi

Neo Member
For those who have increased the number of friends with stones, 1 stone increase the max number of friends by 1? Or 5 like the box space?

Kreed

Got Tengu on Master with Double Dark Batman. Thankfully I never finished evolving my Eco Dumpty so he was perfect for this dungeon alongside King Baddie. Guess there's no point in saving this team though since the Draggie dungeon is 10 cost.

Pulled once in this godfest. Got Parvati. Opinions?

Parvati is a decent leader early on in the game, but she's much more useful as a sub for other teams later in the game (Horus, mono green).

bodine1231

So I just started playing a few days ago and I'm having a great time. I've sorta hit a brick wall though. I pulled a Gryps Rider on my first pull which doubles an attackers attack,so I built an all attack team but I've reached a point where I can't kill things fast enough (Fire Forest Nerva). I spent a few bucks on some pulls (Ra,Parvati,Megalodran) and got some great monsters but their costs are so high that I can't really use them with anything.

What should I be working towards? Should I just be farming earlier dungeons to level up my team? I have a couple characters that people say are really good late game (Mermaid,Vampire,Lil'Green Dragon) should I be concentrating on getting them up? Just sorta confused what to do at this point. I posted what I have below.

Screenshot_2013-11-10-13-18-03_zpsf6d4dc2c.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm debating rolling the Batcha in hopes of a D/D Batman but I'm wondering how necessary he actually is. The delay would be nice, but as far as the 2/2/1 dark leader skill, Ares will be getting that soon enough and he has generally better stats. Not sure if I want to risk all the possible Catwoman pulls.

bodine1231

xCobalt

I just spent $20.00 to support the game since its free,unless I get that money back I'm not rerolling again (I will on my ipad though).

Don't worry too much about rerolling. You'll be able to clear a lot of content with stuff you get ingame. People simply worry too much about starting off with the best monster they can.

For today atleast, I'd recommend you farm Tower of Giants, Dragons of the tower. It gives amazing exp/stam and you'll be able to rank up very quickly (I think you can get to around rank 100 without taking a break). Start planning your team to take on Hera. Hera is the first high level dungeon newbies will encounter.

Ducarmel

I just spent $20.00,unless I get that money back I'm not rerolling again (I will on my ipad though).

Ok

You should then keep running Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower for the rest of the day and Rank up as much as possible. Its boring but worth it to get more stamina and increase your team cost so you can start using the gods you have with good subs. You should read those guides there is solid information there that will help get far. For example on Tuesday Rainbow Keeper dungeon is coming and that is definitely a monster you want on your team and you can easily use him to take on Fire Forest without breaking a sweat.

For fire forest in general its all about fielding a decent mono blue team and you should be ok. As long as you keep your health up and make good combos.

chrono01

Five pulls on the REM [although I said I wouldn't]. I wanted to get a Parvati, Shiva [for Shrine of Spirits/etc. farming], Bastet, Isis, Horus...and a few more.

I got:

Lilith + [not bad, I didn't have her although I wouldn't have preferred a God...]
Mystic Stone Knight [this makes my third, will use for Awakenings]
Dark Golem [I actually needed one for Tengu, here's hoping I can level it up in time...]

Amon [not what I was looking for]
War Deity Odin [I've heard that he's among the top three rarest REM pulls?]

So, in short, none of the ones I was looking for. I'm tempted to roll once more since I have enough Magic Stones for it, but given my luck thus far, I think I might just end things with that Odin. It doesn't seem as though fate is on my side, and I'm sure there will be a great Godfest before the end of the year [hopefully the Festival of Likes that Japan received recently].

is Tengu one of those guy you keep at a low level since he has Orchi's skill?

Yes and no, you evo him to get access to his awaken skills (three skill awakenings) and then he is primarily used with zaerog. You burst/stall until you get to heavy metal dragon, you kill his friends and sub in tengu with his active skill. Perseverance means you really don't die as long as you have a heart maker

bodine1231

Ok

You should then keep running Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower for the rest of the day and Rank up as much as possible. Its boring but worth it to get more stamina and increase your team cost so you can start using the gods you have with good subs. You should read those guides there is solid information there that will help get far. For example on Tuesday Rainbow Keeper dungeon is coming and that is definitely a monster you want on your team and you can easily use him to take on Fire Forest without breaking a sweat.

For fire forest in general its all about fielding a decent mono blue team and you should be ok. As long as you keep your health up and make good combos.

Ok thanks,that gives me something to shoot for. Although I'm constantly running out of room,its getting hard to decide what to keep.

Five pulls on the REM [although I said I wouldn't]. I wanted to get a Parvati, Shiva [for Shrine of Spirits/etc. farming], Bastet, Isis, Horus...and a few more.

I got:

Lilith + [not bad, I didn't have her although I wouldn't have preferred a God...]
Mystic Stone Knight [this makes my third, will use for Awakenings]
Dark Golem [I actually needed one for Tengu, here's hoping I can level it up in time...]

Amon [not what I was looking for]
War Deity Odin [I've heard that he's among the top three rarest REM pulls?]

So, in short, none of the ones I was looking for. I'm tempted to roll once more since I have enough Magic Stones for it, but given my luck thus far, I think I might just end things with that Odin. It doesn't seem as though fate is on my side, and I'm sure there will be a great Godfest before the end of the year [hopefully the Festival of Likes that Japan received recently].
You do realize you're making me pull?
Succubus.. Bleah
Succubus... Christ....
Shardra.................
Vritra.. Not really needed for me...
Ra.... Nice but....

Sigh...

Kreed

So I just started playing a few days ago and I'm having a great time. I've sorta hit a brick wall though. I pulled a Gryps Rider on my first pull which doubles an attackers attack,so I built an all attack team but I've reached a point where I can't kill things fast enough (Fire Forest Nerva). I spent a few bucks on some pulls (Ra,Parvati,Megalodran) and got some great monsters but their costs are so high that I can't really use them with anything.

What should I be working towards? Should I just be farming earlier dungeons to level up my team? I have a couple characters that people say are really good late game (Mermaid,Vampire,Lil'Green Dragon) should I be concentrating on getting them up? Just sorta confused what to do at this point. I posted what I have below.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bodine1231/media/Screenshot_2013-11-10-13-18-03_zpsf6d4dc2c.png.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/bodine1231/Screenshot_2013-11-10-13-18-03_zpsf6d4dc2c.png[IMG][/URL][IMG][/QUOTE]

Ignore the reroll advice. Work on getting your hands on the following monsters in addition to the ones you already have:

[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=21[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=24[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=30[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=33[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=78[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=80[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=82[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=88[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=106[/url]

These monsters are farmable in the normal dungeons and will make up most of your team early on. Also work on getting your hands on these guys:

[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=98[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=102[/url]
[url]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=104[/url]

These guys are only farmable during certain events in normal dungeons. Do you still have your "free gift" monster? This will allow you to get another Starter Dragon (hopefully not Tyrra) by sending a gift to another player (if the person you send a gift to still has their free gift, they can send you one as well, so you would get two).

As for what you have right now that you can make a team around, Parvati is a good monster to use early in the game when paired with another friend's Parvati. Make a team filled with green monsters and her leader skill at her final stage will get you through a good amount of normal/technical content and some expert/master dungeons. Ra has the strongest leader skill in the game, but unfortunately he is very difficult to use, particularly for beginners. However if you get good with him, you can clear everything in the game minus a few dungeons (like the Tengu one we just got where his cost is too high).

chrono01

Succubus.. Bleah
Succubus... Christ....
Shardra.................
Ra.... Nice but....

Sigh...
Sorry about that. :(

Succubus definitely seems like a popular pull at the moment. Great for those that don't have her, I guess, but it's really messing with those that don't. ~_~

I might wait until the final hour and pull once more. I've heard that the first/last hour is supposedly lucky, although that might just be superstition...

Ducarmel

Ok thanks,that gives me something to shoot for. Although I'm constantly running out of room,its getting hard to decide what to keep.

I would focus on a mono team until you get more stones you should be able to get 5 or more if you play it smart this weak and use it to increase your box space.

Parvati is a very good lead and healer if you can get other green monsters, you can focus around building a team around her but you have better blue subs then green subs.

here is a good guide on mono green teams
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=4109

but in the mean time another guide for beginners on monster they should have
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1700

Also make sure you use pad wiki or padx to know the dungeons you are about to enter knowing the enemy is half the battle.

Since you just started out here is another guide about those daily dungeons they are beginner friendly you can easily get 4 stones if you clear them on top of getting decent material to evolve you guys.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6311

Limit

Yes and no, you evo him to get access to his awaken skills (three skill awakenings) and then he is primarily used with zaerog. You burst/stall until you get to heavy metal dragon, you kill his friends and sub in tengu with his active skill. Perseverance means you really don't die as long as you have a heart maker

So once you get to Zaerog you can survive indefinitely with Tengu as a leader but getting there is still an immense challenge, right? Can Tengu help with those first 4 waves?

I was hurting for box space on the JP side. Got the last skill up with the very last baby joker (my drawn joker was at 8 turn cool down and took 11 babies to get the 3 remaining skill ups).

So my stupid ass thought golem only reduced by 50%. Tried once and burned too quickly to the last floor. Couldn't keep up with healing and died.

I then ran metal dragons and pumped some levels into my batman team.

2nd attempt was better. Had to use a stone because my last burst attack left him with a sliver of health, allowing him to use his ohko move. Stoned for the hell of it and he dropped.

Sorry about that. :(

Succubus definitely seems like a popular pull at the moment. Great for those that don't have her, I guess, but it's really messing with those that don't. ~_~

I might wait until the final hour and pull once more. I've heard that the first/last hour is supposedly lucky, although that might just be superstition...
Know what's aggravating
I ALREADY HAVE 1 lilith, 2 succubae...
Now 4 succubae....
Do i really have to skill up that badly?
On a side note i cave in..
I'll try hera is..
Dj lead, max level godin friend, rk, siren, echidna, non evolved hera..
I've almost taken hera to her level cap (50), then i'll do the same for dj (i'll pump him 2 mil exp tops), then echidna to level 60...
Hopefully this will let me do my gig..
I want that blue orbed hag!

chrono01

Know what's aggravating
I ALREADY HAVE 1 lilith, 2 succubae...
Now 4 succubae....
Do i really have to skill up that badly?
On a side note i cave in..
I'll try hera is..
Dj lead, max level godin friend, rk, siren, echidna, non evolved hera..
I've almost taken hera to her level cap (50), then i'll do the same for dj (i'll pump him 2 mil exp tops), then echidna to level 60...
Hopefully this will let me do my gig..
I want that blue orbed hag!
Best of luck!

I really wanted to try Hera too, but I'm still new to this game [I've only started in early October since it took a while to appear on the Canadian app store] so I'm not feeling quite so comfortable yet.

Honestly, even Tengu will be rough since my levels are still pretty low and they aren't skilled-up, but I want to give it at least one try to see. >:)

Kreed

So once you get to Zaerog you can survive indefinitely with Tengu as a leader but getting there is still an immense challenge, right? Can Tengu help with those first 4 waves?

Possibly, but Tengu as the lead before the final round would have issues with the metal dragons prior to Zaerog attacking every turn in regards to stalling. If you don't have to stall and can sweep your way to the final round, then it's less of an issue.

chrono01

Given that I have very few of these current Godfest monsters, I am feeling compelled to purchase an additional 30 Magic Stones via the IAP so I can roll another five times.

Please stop me. I know not what I do.

Tobe

welp tried buying stones in a store with no pad, idk if the payment went through (it shows on the acc) but cant redeem the stones and the game says il already have them but cant download them then prompt me to a purchase canceled screen. i dun goofed :(

FUCK YEAH GOT MY STONES!

well i feel like crap now 16 rolls only 2 gods..................................................... lakshmi and archangel metatron.

Succubus.. Bleah
Succubus... Christ....
Shardra.................
Ra.... Nice but....

Sigh...

Ra is solid if you can match. I used him for every Descended so far. With dual color subs, you can pump out a TON of damage. Pair with Isis, Horus, Bastet, Robin, Kirin, etc

Limit

Possibly, but Tengu as the lead before the final round would have issues with the metal dragons prior to Zaerog attacking every turn in regards to stalling. If you don't have to stall and can sweep your way to the final round, then it's less of an issue.

So Tengu is not a free Zaerog getter but spend less stones than usual monster. You will still end up using stones in stage 1 while trying to charge up defense break active.

Tobe

ok 17 rolls this i what i got.

2x lvl6 Shaitan
2x lvl6 Drall
lvl 6 Red Titan
lvl 6 Mystic Flame Knight
lvl 6 Red Naga
lvl 30 +1 Lakshmi
lvl 30 Ice Guardian
lvl 5 Toytops
lvl 5 +1 Mystic Stone Knight
lvl 4 Earth Golem