• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

chrono01

ok 17 rolls this i what i got.

2x lvl6 Shaitan
2x lvl6 Drall
lvl 6 Red Titan
lvl 6 Mystic Flame Knight
lvl 6 Red Naga
lvl 30 +1 Lakshmi
lvl 30 Ice Guardian
lvl 5 Toytops
lvl 5 +1 Mystic Stone Knight
lvl 4 Earth Golem
lvl 5 Archangel Metatron
lvl 5 Dragon Rider (light with dark)
lvl 5 Mystic Light Knight
lvl 5 Pierdra
lvl 5 +1 Vamp

Ouch!

I purchased another 30 Magic Stones, against my better judgement.

Mermaid
Mystic Light Knight
Agdrall
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Vampire

...Yeah. I'm done with this event.

Tobe

in the end its NOT thaaaat bad. i guess it couldve been worse. i think i now have some decent stuff ill just need some help in team comp.

Kreed

So Tengu is not a free Zaerog getter but spend less stones than usual monster. You will still end up using stones in stage 1 while trying to charge up defense break active.

Ideally you'd want Tengu fully awoken, which would give you 3 Skill Boosts and drop the cool down for all skills by 3 turns. Combine him with some additional Skill Boost monsters (like the Ogres), and you could have Defense Break active on the first turn, allowing you to either sweep or remove all but one dragon to stall on the first floor, preventing you from having to use a stone. Otherwise you'd need a team that could tank 27k damage every turn on the first floor until it activates.

J0dy77

ok 17 rolls this i what i got.

2x lvl6 Shaitan
2x lvl6 Drall
lvl 6 Red Titan
lvl 6 Mystic Flame Knight
lvl 6 Red Naga
lvl 30 +1 Lakshmi
lvl 30 Ice Guardian
lvl 5 Toytops
lvl 5 +1 Mystic Stone Knight
lvl 4 Earth Golem
lvl 5 Archangel Metatron
lvl 5 Dragon Rider (light with dark)
lvl 5 Mystic Light Knight
lvl 5 Pierdra
lvl 5 +1 Vamp

Wow, that's real bad luck. Sorry man. If I totaled up my last 4 or 5 event rolls I would probably be similar. I'll spend one or two rolls when I really see a nice event but that's it. Friends, box space and refresh here on out.

1-stoned Legendary Tengu with my Batman team. Almost 0-stoned it, but Tengu survived with just a sliver of life before my Batman delay ran out and he did his finishing move. I killed him the turn after reviving. I switched to Batman after failing twice with Shaitan, and it wasn't even close. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but has anyone beat Legendary with a Shaitan team? It just does too little damage and RCV isn't enough to keep up. My Batman team isn't consistent enough to farm Legendary this time around, but Master is a breeze with D/D Batman.

Glad Gold Dragons are tomorrow. Got a bunch of Gold Pengdras to evolve as well as Big Shynees. I already fed my King Shynee 5 other ones without any skill-ups. It's heartbreaking seeing 5 King Golds go down the drain for nothing. I just noticed the event ends after tomorrow, so only 5 days this time. Maybe it's because we're going to get the 2 million celebration event soon.

Ashodin

1-stoned Legendary Tengu with my Batman team. Almost 0-stoned it, but Tengu survived with just a sliver of life before my Batman delay ran out and he did his finishing move. I killed him the turn after reviving. I switched to Batman after failing twice with Shaitan, and it wasn't even close. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but has anyone beat Legendary with a Shaitan team? It just does too little damage and RCV isn't enough to keep up. My Batman team isn't consistent enough to farm Legendary this time around, but Master is a breeze with D/D Batman.

Glad Gold Dragons are tomorrow. Got a bunch of Gold Pengdras to evolve as well as Big Shynees. I already fed my King Shynee 5 other ones without any skill-ups. It's heartbreaking seeing 5 King Golds go down the drain for nothing. I just noticed the event ends after tomorrow, so only 5 days this time. Maybe it's because we're going to get the 2 million celebration event soon.
2M DL event is after it

Tomorrow I'm getting a mystic flame knight for my tengu team. Next time I'll be even more ready...

Finally got the busty dark sky dragon from sky dragon rush and green Elysium invaded, so that's all of the drops! Green and red are fully awoken, blue and light have 1 awakening and the other two don't have any yet.

Options for a adkZeal team...

Ashodin

I have no idea how I managed to beat round one with Shaitan/Salamander because I keep dying on it now. Fucking Wild Slashes.

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/399734803806691328/photo/1
Busty Gigas... umm... wow?

OH SHIT ITS FUCKIN ALEX LOUISE ARMSTRONG

tumblr_static_awwyeah.jpg

Even the goddamn King Flamie is doing the pose hahahah

I have no idea how I managed to beat round one with Shaitan/Salamander because I keep dying on it now. Fucking Wild Slashes.

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/399734803806691328/photo/1
Busty Gigas... umm... wow?

Looks like he is going to be Red/Light. I'm really curious as to why they decided to give Vampire two busties. There's a kind of symmetry to the Heartbreakers ultimate evos, but the second vamp seems a little random. When can we expect to see updated stats and leaders skills?

Looks like he is going to be Red/Light. I'm really curious as to why they decided to give Vampire two busties. There's a kind of symmetry to the Heartbreakers ultimate evos, but the second vamp seems a little random. When can we expect to see updated stats and leaders skills?

Twin Spririts/Twinlit Descended is dropping 11/15 at noon Japan time, so the hotfix will probably go live and get datamined by Thursday noon American time.

Vamp Lord is kind of weird in that his busty requires mats from the descended dungeon (much like Hera and Zeus), which explains why he has two, and creates the question of why we have to farm a Mythical level dungeon for evolution mats. Asides from Gungtroll doing their thing.

Even the goddamn King Flamie is doing the pose hahahah
I didn't notice this until you mentioned it and now this is the best thing

EDIT: holy shit they even have the same glint by their eyes

Fake edit: 6.1 dropping THURSDAY. hellooooo 1000 box space
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6802377.135063.484776928217571&type=3&theater

Dat Gigas busty. Woo! 6.1!

Here's to hoping this next event is fun. And I'll also need to put more effort into my low cost teams. I hope we get more in the future.

Patch notes courtesy of UPC:

- Ult Greek 2.0, ult elementals, ult trash knights

- AA Meta, Ame no Uzume, Izanagi LS requiring >80% HP instead of full.

- Dual-element Romans buffed to 55% from 50%.

- 1,000 box slots cap

- More sorting/filtering options

Keep in mind GungHo USA might pull a fast one on us and delay some of the monster updates. The sad part is I would not be surprised at all if it happens.

razterik

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but has anyone beat Legendary with a Shaitan team?

I already fed my King Shynee 5 other ones without any skill-ups. It's heartbreaking seeing 5 King Golds go down the drain for nothing.

Had zero luck with Shaitan team on Legend. The only thing I think would make it work would be dropping an orb changer and taking two skilled up Echidnas. There's just too little damage output and too little RCV. Don't have a second low level one myself, so I'll stick to Batman for now. This will all be moot once Flame Chasers are available.

I dropped four more into my Shynee with no luck. 0/9. Feel my pain, heh. My only hope is that maybe Angry Birds will be King slime skill ups.

Yomi busty - Yup! Still totally a girl!

Gigas is sweet, sweet beefcake. And that slime! I love the reactions to this, too. Gigas loses his shirt: "Awesome!" Vamp loses his shirt: "Eww!"

xCobalt

Sadly wasn't able to get Tengu this time around. Wasn't able to clear it consistently with the batman team so that cost me a lot of stamina. If I get a few skill ups the next time around, it'll definitely be better.

Limit

Gigas is sweet, sweet beefcake. And that slime! I love the reactions to this, too. Gigas loses his shirt: "Awesome!" Vamp loses his shirt: "Eww!"

When I look at Gigas I get the message "Come get some". But when I look at Vamp I get the message "Come get some; giggity".

Amon37

I just looked at the hera-is dungeon. looks much nastier than the hera dungeon. Not sure I've got the team for that one.

Caerith

*Update Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Maintenance Date: 11/14 (Thursday) 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons will be updating to version 6.1. To implement this, we will be conducting maintenance on the date mentioned above.
During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Please note this schedule is tentative and may be extended without notice or compensation.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
When people start demanding compensation for the maintenance, I'll laugh
and die a little inside

Gold Dragons at 9pm? interesting

Ult. Ammy
I still don't understand why Gung-ho withholds Gold dragons so much. Not only is it essentially a once a month thing, but they only give us one time slot. It's just unnecessary. The least they could do is give three time slots like every other metal dragon dungeon. It pisses me off when I miss my time because I'm busy and then I have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to come around again and hope I'm free during my slot.

Man I wake up this morning and there are 3x dragon dungeons and then a Gold dragon run today at 4pm!

Best thing about the Sky Dragon Rush one is that it is easy as hell and gives me 10K experience for beating it.

My mono-green team I think may be able to beat Master Legendary Blizzard Dragon. If nothing else I will be able to really pile on the blue dragons and maybe level up a bit. Just got the Leviathan yesterday from a pull so my mono-blue team may be pretty stellar after all is said and done here. Really hope the Ice Dragon drops for me eventually.

Should be a fun day! Too bad I am off work and driving home at 4:00pm ( E team gold dragon time )lmao. Hopefully get home fast enough for 3-4 runs

quin

If I'm reading things correctly. The Chinese Gods are going to be in the girls sticker collection gotcha machine(Japanese) at 4x rates!!

It sounds like heaven. And to think I wasn't going to spend any money this godfest...

Caerith

Question for those who play both versions. What are the things being done in the JP version that aren't being matched in the US version?*

Like, Pengdra Village, Gold Dragons, and Poring Tower? How often do they show up in JP, and how long do they stay? Is Gold Dragons a one hour only event there, or does it get 3-4 appearances like metal/gem dragons do? (It is really ridiculous that if you want to evolve light pengdras here, you need to be sitting on pengdras or gold dragons for like a month to do so.)

How are Mystic Knights handled? When I started in US, we'd get them for a week at a time, with double drops on the last day; now, they're one day only (which really sucks when you consider the highest level dungeon is Expert with an estimated 5% drop rate).

Does the JP REM still spew out unevolved Mystic Knights, Vampire, and golems, or has it been pruned to only have things relevant or situational to the state of the power creep?

What sort of events/celebrations/godfests do they get? I remember the JP Anniversary having like an 8x godfest in the US because of some week-long godfest overlapping with a single day godfest; the US Anniversary gets some ho-hum celebration that's indistinguishable from (and inferior to) the end of summer or beginning of fall celebrations.

* I mean besides them getting updates sooner and more frequently and having more/better collabs. I'm not really surprised that we don't have stuff like Taiko yet (because licensing and most Americans never having even heard of it), though I am a bit surprised that we don't have any of the collab stuff for Princess Punt (available in the US) or Freak Tower (available in the US) or any of the other GungHo properties (that are available in the US). Are there any non-collab, non-licensed, etc, dungeons or monsters that we don't have and there's no good reason for it? Stuff like Beelzebub or Take-Minakata I can assume we just haven't gotten yet, but are there any like Plan for whom there does not seem to be any reason for us not having at all?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
*phew*

Finally back from the boring wedding weekend. I wasn't able to nab a Tengu yesterday. I had a team I could clear it with, but it was just too risky without Batman (I did a Vamp/Batman team and a Shaitan/Shaitan team). I'll plan to get him next time he descends.

But until then, I'm just farming Dragon Rush with Kirin. Easy dungeon, but the drop rates are dumb. I wanted to get all five awakened, but I'm not sure that's going to happen at the rate these things drop.

I'm also realizing that I need to farm another Mermaid for low cost dungeons. I got a Marine Goblin to max skill to use, but he's all sorts of worthless, haha.

E: Is there a time frame for iOS -> Android transfer? I'm still eyeballing the Note 3 when my contract is up...

I still don't understand why Gung-ho withholds Gold dragons so much. Not only is it essentially a once a month thing, but they only give us one time slot. It's just unnecessary. The least they could do is give three time slots like every other metal dragon dungeon. It pisses me off when I miss my time because I'm busy and then I have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to come around again and hope I'm free during my slot.

i really only think it's like this because the gold dragons sell for so much. But it's stupid because they'll run the weekend dungeon on 1.5x drop or 1/2 stamina....which is WAY worse.

Even with Pengdra village, they havn't given us an efficient consistent way of leveling light mobs.

This is a non-exhaustive list of things different in JP:
- random off event Super Metals. The time slot depends on what dragon you picked as your starter
- off event Gold dragon days, but it's only happened like twice so far. Don't remember if they get off event Pengdra Village
- off event, unannounced old descended dungeons
- does NOT get off event, unannounced mystic knight skillup dungeons
- jewel dragon days consist of all three colors, one at each time slot as opposed to one color all day. You may recall this happening briefly in US but got pulled due to massive backlash
- events range from slightly better in quality to waaaay better. Not in terms of like 5x REM hit rate, but a larger number of things happening
- more aggressive biweekly dragon schedule, because the schedule gets padded with collabs more often than NA
- more apology stones

The crazy REM rates happen when an editor's choice carnival overlaps with a Godfest. This has happened in the past in NA PAD but not in the last few months. But the REM is just as terrible in JP as it is here. Supposedly the REM in KR has worse rates due to KMMO grinding culture, but that sounds like a bunch of FUD.

The Princess Punt collab dungeon is for the sequel Princess Punt Sweets, which hasn't gotten translated into English yet. There is no Freak Tower collab; mobs from that game appear in the GungHo Collab dungeon.

The only content that I don't know why it hasn't made its way into US now is Draggie, but now that Tengu has dropped it's a matter of when, not if.

Top Bottom