• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

quin

Tomorrow will be the second time this week for gold dragons in japan. This is a first i believe since I've started playing. Also with the introduction of the super gold king dungeon it has gotten easier.

Caerith

Thanks for that info.

If Pengdras and Gold Dragons are mostly tied to events like they are here, are they at least predictably tied to events? I mean, does it make sense to do Pengdra Village, then sit on the light pengdras because you can expect to get gold dragons soon?

Edit: Oh, and how often do they get Poring in Japan?

Edit: Oh, and how often do they get Poring in Japan?
Pretty much never; the US so far has actually gotten Poring Tower MORE often than Japan. GungHo Collab drops light Poring and the ROA Collab has a wave of all five porings, though.

I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to our gold dragon/Pengdra Village schedule anymore. Maybe BetaTester could shed some light on it?

Also just realized that the reason why we're updating to 6.1 so quickly is because of the Angry Birds collab.

Caerith

Pretty much never; the US so far has actually gotten Poring Tower MORE often than Japan. GungHo Collab drops light Poring and the ROA Collab has a wave of all five porings, though.

I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to our gold dragon/Pengdra Village schedule anymore. Maybe BetaTester could shed some light on it?

Also just realized that the reason why we're updating to 6.1 so quickly is because of the Angry Birds collab.
Never thought I'd have a reason to thank Rovio for anything.

How often do the GungHo and ROA collabs show up?

Would BetaTester know? I thought he just ran PDX and wasn't affiliated with GungHo.

Skydragon Rush is such a troll. You basically have to spike through it and one hit everything because there is no RCV.

So it's pretty awesome when you start and are given a board where you can only match 3 colors.

Not to mention the drop rates are literally shit. Legend should have at LEAST one guaranteed drop for 50 damn stamina.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Skydragon Rush is such a troll. You basically have to spike through it and one hit everything because there is no RCV.

So it's pretty awesome when you start and are given a board where you can only match 3 colors.

Not to mention the drop rates are literally shit. Legend should have at LEAST one guaranteed drop for 50 damn stamina.

Yup. This dungeon is the reason I still have Path and Decision on my phone. It's too easy to get trolled by these 1cd dragons with no RCV and very low drop rates.

TAMADAR update : after not seeing any after the first week of inclusion, I saw 2 in consecutive floors of the same metal dungeon yesterday. One dropped. Anyone see them moreso yesterday than other days?

- jewel dragon days consist of all three colors, one at each time slot as opposed to one color all day. You may recall this happening briefly in US but got pulled due to massive backlash

The only content that I don't know why it hasn't made its way into US now is Draggie, but now that Tengu has dropped it's a matter of when, not if.

I when that happened. Didn't Group B always have reds at 11pm, every single day? I think that may have been part of the problem... (every other group changed times/colors slightly, but one group (I believe B) had the same really lame schedule every day). I remember group E always having terrible red times as well, but never as consistently bad as that one group...

Draggie... D/D Batman and a party of Dubmythlits and that Dark Machine Golem Mk II, done... I think JP got Draggie first

Caerith

Yesterday i got 1 out of 2 i saw.
Ditto.

I got one Tamadra yesterday, which is more Tamadras than I get on most days, but I wouldn't say it was a significant increase or anything.

The Tamadra dungeon ran on October 10, so we've had about a month to get these. In that time, I've gotten seven total (one from the dungeon, maybe two from PAL, and the rest from metal/gems). Six a month ain't too bad, right?

Yeah it is SPIKE or Die, but you do have some turns on the Green skydragon, and one turn on the Blue Boss Skydragon (he charges) so spike three turns, can miss two 5/4 att. matches, 1-shot, and then two turns to 1-shot Boss.

I agree, going through and getting 0 drops sucks. I've only had that happen once, and it is lame. Took me a long time to get Green Elysium to show up, and that dark/light Sky dragon has dropped once over just as many runs.

At least you run Ra right?

Yeah it is SPIKE or Die, but you do have some turns on the Green skydragon, and one turn on the Blue Boss Skydragon (he charges) so spike three turns, can miss two 5/4 att. matches, 1-shot, and then two turns to 1-shot Boss.

I agree, going through and getting 0 drops sucks. I've only had that happen once, and it is lame. Took me a long time to get Green Elysium to show up, and that dark/light Sky dragon has dropped once over just as many runs.

Yeah, but i couldn't match 4 on the first turn and he tagged me with rock breath which basically nuked me. Couldn't stall long enough to fire Parv for some hearts.

linsivvi

TAMADAR update : after not seeing any after the first week of inclusion, I saw 2 in consecutive floors of the same metal dungeon yesterday. One dropped. Anyone see them moreso yesterday than other days?

I saw it in first round twice, meaning half chance to drop each time and of course they didn't drop.

Counting the free one I've had 4 so far and I don't run metal dungeons all day so I am not complaining since there are people who are doing much worse.

yesterday i had
first floor 3 small drake, second floor king (drop), third floor high dragon+smalldragon+tamadra(drop tamadra), fourfth floor king (drop), fifth floor high dragon (drop)+2small dragon..

i came, i saw, i came.. indeed! (citing rome2 topic :p)

should have a screen lying around, i'll check later when i'm @home

Yesterday I saw 2 TAMADRAs in about 30 Metal runs. Neither dropped. Pulled another 30 Pal eggs and no TAMADRAs. That now makes about 100 Pal pulls without a TAMADRA.

Never thought I'd have a reason to thank Rovio for anything.

How often do the GungHo and ROA collabs show up?

Would BetaTester know? I thought he just ran PDX and wasn't affiliated with GungHo.
GungHo collab has ran about twice and ROA about three times, which is not frequently at all.

Basically to make up for fewer collabs the US gets more opportunities to skill up utility monsters.

PDX has started to record when event dungeons drop, so I was wondering if he had data on the frequency of golds/Pengdras.

Also I forgot one more recent difference that could become a trend: Japan has had TAMADRA Discovery three times now; the second one was for some Famitsu thing and the third was for Max Murai no-stoning Beelzebub. Hoping US starts giving us more free Tamadras soon.

GungHo collab has ran about twice and ROA about three times, which is not frequently at all.

Basically to make up for fewer collabs the US gets more opportunities to skill up utility monsters.

PDX has started to record when event dungeons drop, so I was wondering if he had data on the frequency of golds/Pengdras.

Also I forgot one more recent difference that could become a trend: Japan has had TAMADRA Discovery three times now; the second one was for some Famitsu thing and the third was for Max Murai no-stoning Beelzebub. Hoping US starts giving us more free Tamadras soon.
Well, tamadra discovery is ONE tamadra, so thanks gungho but i'd want three tamadra from such event...
Say 1 from interm, 1 expert, 1 master

Caerith

I checked PDX to see if it would list Pengdra or Gold, but yeah, maybe it's something he knows but just doesn't list.

When did Japan get Tamadras? About the same time as the US?

Zero_IYAD

Also the friend gift gets refreshed every now & then.
How many times they got a refresh now? around 3?

2 friend gift refreshes so far, for 10M and 20M downloads. We're still at 2M, although we went from 1->2M way faster than it took to hit that first million. Anybody met people IRL playing PAD? I only know of one other guy who plays and he kinda quit after whaling too hard over a past event.

Well, tamadra discovery is ONE tamadra, so thanks gungho but i'd want three tamadra from such event...
Say 1 from interm, 1 expert, 1 master

wut? this is never the case with the 'special' dungeons. Noel, Droid, Radiant Queen. It's basically Gungho giving us a free monster + stone.

I'd take 1 TAMADRA at 100% than the shitty drop rates they have now though

Zero_IYAD

Anybody met people IRL playing PAD? I only know of one other guy who plays and he kinda quit after whaling too hard over a past event.
Same here, he quit around rank 50 or so.
But the main reason is the limitation of the game to the US/Canadian ((& only recently the UK)) stores :|
It should go global already!
I don't play CoC, but I saw it on top of the games list on Google Play with +5 million downloads & if I remember right it hardly completed it's 1st month on Android, while PAD hardly exceeds half a million

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am going to spend all day farming the fire worshiping snake for an echinda for tomorrow. Damn I really hope I get one.

chrono01

I am going to spend all day farming the fire worshiping snake for an echinda for tomorrow. Damn I really hope I get one.
Same here. Every time a dungeon with her [and a increased chance] appears I go all-out. I really need Scarlet Snake Princess to return...

Althane

So my ripper team is doing well, especially after running the Gold Dragons twice. Managed to feed by Holy Dragon 2x Gold Metal King Dragons and some evolved Pengdras.

So now I'm sitting at max level Chaos and Earth, levels 58 and 59 for Aurora and Holy, and 39 for Volcano.

Still have to kick butt tomorrow to try and get one of the Keepers (Earth, most likely) to start their evolutions.Have enough mats for 2 evolutions, but don't think I could take on Keeper of the Rainbow to get the Light/Dark keeper.

Any suggestions on a team for the Keeper of Earth? I can throw up my monster box in a minute, but be warned that it doesn't really look great.

Edit: My current box (not including the crapton of evo materials, etc....

Or not. Imgur is blocked, and that's the only host I can get to. Oh well.

xCobalt

So my ripper team is doing well, especially after running the Gold Dragons twice. Managed to feed by Holy Dragon 2x Gold Metal King Dragons and some evolved Pengdras.

So now I'm sitting at max level Chaos and Earth, levels 58 and 59 for Aurora and Holy, and 39 for Volcano.

Still have to kick butt tomorrow to try and get one of the Keepers (Earth, most likely) to start their evolutions.Have enough mats for 2 evolutions, but don't think I could take on Keeper of the Rainbow to get the Light/Dark keeper.

Any suggestions on a team for the Keeper of Earth? I can throw up my monster box in a minute, but be warned that it doesn't really look great.

Your earth dragon paired with a friend's healer should be good enough. How much hp do you have with your best team?

Caerith

You don't need to do RK to get light and dark keepers. They're 100% drop whenever they show up; it's only they're 100% show up in RK dungeon.

Keeper of Green doesn't take any special preparation. It, or any invading light/dark keeper, hit for ~3k every 3 rounds, have only minimal defense, and 150k HP (or 200k for light/dark if they appear). Light or dark can appear on any floor except 5 I think.

(Imgur is blocked? What?)

Althane

Your earth dragon paired with a friend's healer should be good enough. How much hp do you have with your best team?

~6.1k, I can go up or down a few hundred depending on what elements Iwant to swap in, but my max HP is hovering at about 6k-6.5k.

Edit: When I tried to put in an imgur link, nothing showed up.

xCobalt

~6.1k, I can go up or down a few hundred depending on what elements Iwant to swap in, but my max HP is hovering at about 6k-6.5k.

That should be fine. If you encounter monsters that aren't earth, make sure to target them first.

a little too late now, but I don't advise leveling the rippers that high. They have a very limited use past midgame. I think i have mine around 20-40 and havn't used them in a VERY long time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Skydragon Rush Legend is really wearing me out. I just want to finish awakening these dragons. The drop rates are terrible...Thankfully, the EXP is nice.

Caerith

I think those are his penultimate rippers, he's still working on evolving them to their final stage if he's going after keepers.

But I agree-- once they're in their final form, I wouldn't level them much beyond the point of getting 1k attack (so maybe level 30).

Althane

I think those are his penultimate rippers, he's still working on evolving them to their final stage if he's going after keepers.

But I agree-- once they're in their final form, I wouldn't level them much beyond the point of getting 1k attack (so maybe level 30).

That is correct. Hence why I need to do some Keeper runs.

I was advised that level 20-25 is the best level for the final Ripper evo. (Graviton Earth Dragon, for example)

So what part of the game am I considered to be at? I've completed Castle of Satan, and am in Caves of Ice in Technical dungeons. Sort of stuck waiting for more power as I'm evolving things and leveling them up.

ok I don't know what it is with sword of flames, but these things drop for me like crazy.

two runs, three drops. when we had it for a week I max skilled my Homura and still had 7 left over (they did not skill up, and I should have kept it for tengu)

Dark Dragon Knight dungeon and Verche dungeon on the other hand...

Ducarmel

6000 hp is enough for Rainbow Keeper run if you go in with Healer/Resolve team or Healer/Green Odin team.

Edit: I meant Green Odin not not resist leader

Oh hell yeah, beat the Legendary Blizzard Dragon on Master my first go around and got the ice dragon to drop! YEAH!

My blue team has gotten a mega-boost lately.

Caerith

That is correct. Hence why I need to do some Keeper runs.

I was advised that level 20-25 is the best level for the final Ripper evo. (Graviton Earth Dragon, for example)

So what part of the game am I considered to be at? I've completed Castle of Satan, and am in Caves of Ice in Technical dungeons. Sort of stuck waiting for more power as I'm evolving things and leveling them up.
Castle of Satan marks the end of the beginning. With your rippers evolved, you'll be in the early-mid part I guess? After this, it's team building (I went ADK -> mono-green -> spike damage but still run all three, situationally) until you have a team for the end game.

6000 hp is enough for Rainbow Keeper run if you go in with Healer/Resolve team or Healer Resist team.
RK hits for 22k, so he'd need to resolve it.

Ducarmel

Castle of Satan marks the end of the beginning. With your rippers evolved, you'll be in the early-mid part I guess? After this, it's team building (I went ADK -> mono-green -> spike damage but still run all three, situationally) until you have a team for the end game.

RK hits for 22k, so he'd need to resolve it.

My bad I meant Healer GrOdin.

Kreed

Gungho is finally working towards increasing the values of some actives for the next Japanese update (bombs, breath, hp recovery). Not expecting much, but maybe it'll give the trophy dragons more use.

I actually don't use a spike team for Skydragon Rush. It's much safer--albeit much slower--to use a dual Lucifer team with two max skill heart makers and two gravity users.

Play normally until the very last dragon, and on him do 2x Ultra Gravity, Morning Star, Guard Stance (to heal), Morning Star to instantly finish.

Caerith

My bad I meant Healer GrOdin.
Oh, yeah that would do it. Green Odin is such a champ.

Gungho is finally working towards increasing the values of some actives for the next Japanese update (bombs, breath, hp recovery). Not expecting much, but maybe it'll give the trophy dragons more use.
SoD Lucifer's 300k attack outclasses everything else by such a large margin that they pretty much needed to.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh, yeah that would do it. Green Odin is such a champ.

SoD Lucifer's 300k attack outclasses everything else by such a large margin that they pretty much needed to.

Luci is easily one of the most broken monsters in the game. Believe me, I love having mine...But his active ability is incredibly OP. I pulled my Horus when he first dropped and loved him, but as soon as I got my Luci, I do most descended dungeons with him. If there's a Luci team option, I run it. And with the introduction of the awakening system, he's even more OP (because of his sub options).

Kirin is super strong, too...But she's still a combo lead that requires skill. Horus, Kirin, Ra, Bastet, Robin, etc. All amazing, but skill reliant.

so!
Iineup is
drawn joker 53
rk
hera (not evolved) 50
siren (max skilled fully awoken) 62
echidna (last evo) 36

considering static fully awoken max level godin that would put me on
12,4k hp
2,4k rcv
i think i *should* be able to pull it off..

i have possibly 4 more gold king, 8 high gold dragon.. 1 feedable max level vert noel dragon (got 1 spare for lead purpose)...
should i pump more exp into anything or just
/pray and go on?

i believe i can flyyyyyyyy, i believe i can get hera-is without stoninggggggggg XD

Top Bottom