• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

so!
Iineup is
drawn joker 53
rk
hera (not evolved) 50
siren (max skilled fully awoken) 62
echidna (last evo) 36

considering static fully awoken max level godin that would put me on
12,4k hp
2,4k rcv
i think i *should* be able to pull it off..

i have possibly 4 more gold king, 8 high gold dragon.. 1 feedable max level vert noel dragon (got 1 spare for lead purpose)...
should i pump more exp into anything or just
/pray and go on?

i believe i can flyyyyyyyy, i believe i can get hera-is without stoninggggggggg XD
Just make sure you check the dungeon details before you go in. There are certain turns where, for example, you must use RK's active otherwise you are almost guaranteed a death.

well tbh i'm confident i can pull a 6 combo (included an 3xheart if available) pretty much under any condition at this point..
think i'm ready for a horus/ra team :) (have both XD)
but i'll stick to this team for now..
for the next batch of descended i'll either try to ready my valk team or to ready my spike team..
resist team.. meh i'll evo hera, pump her a lot of exp, max level siren/echidna and that should pretty much be settled...

Caerith

Luci is easily one of the most broken monsters in the game. Believe me, I love having mine...But his active ability is incredibly OP. I pulled my Horus when he first dropped and loved him, but as soon as I got my Luci, I do most descended dungeons with him. If there's a Luci team option, I run it. And with the introduction of the awakening system, he's even more OP (because of his sub options).

Kirin is super strong, too...But she's still a combo lead that requires skill. Horus, Kirin, Ra, Bastet, Robin, etc. All amazing, but skill reliant.
Kirin and, well, all the Chinese/Egyptian gods, and Robin, and Japan 2.0, are risk/reward. High damage potential, but if you fail a combo at the wrong time, or get trolled by orb luck, it's game over. Dark Metatron and Goemon are also risk/reward-- easier to trigger since you're not reliant on combos, but if you overheal (thanks, Fagan) or wipe and continue with a stone (full heal), you can be completely screwed from continuing by not being able to re-trigger.

Lucifer is an HP/RCV mob. Tons of HP, tons of healing, and a Death Star active skill. There's no risk. Just stall and win.

Just make sure you check the dungeon details before you go in. There are certain turns where, for example, you must use RK's active otherwise you are almost guaranteed a death.

btw, taking half day break tomorrow to go all gun blazing on hera-is (she starts at 9 am considering the gmt change from pst... )..
so 4 hours of work, 1 hour pool.. and then 4 hour work permit..
doing at least 2 hera-is :)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Does anyone have a max level neptune by chance? I wanted to see if I could scrounge up enough HP to use a dual neptune leader team instead of a neptune Godin team for Hera-Is tomorrow. Is that even worth trying?

I'm having no luck getting an echinda and I feel like that's a monster I should really have tomorrow for Hera-is.

I'm so lost with this dungeon :(

t9W3lhql.jpg

Kreygasm

Then got a Great on Metatron with my haul. Aww yiss

^^^ Hera-Is without delay is just very painful, those extra turns help you heal up and straighten out a fragmented board. Did you manage to get a D/D Batman out of the REM? That can be an acceptable substitute.

You are also probably going to get smoked by the Helldragon after he opens his mouth if you go in with dual Neptune's 75% resist as opposed to 90% with NeptOdin.

MikeDip

I did get a d/d batman but its such a low level and in its unevolved form. Is it worth trying to get it up at all, or should I stick with a second red to heart orb changer?

Giard

2x king appearance rate my ass. I've only got 2 in 5 gold dragon runs. Usually I average one per run...

Also only got one high dragon.

J0dy77

2x king appearance rate my ass. I've only got 2 in 5 gold dragon runs. Usually I average one per run...

I forgot mine were at 3 and missed them altogether. Pulled batman today hoping for a second d/d or anything but catwoman... Got catwoman. Not a good day. Lol

On a high note I saw two tamdra in one king run yesterday and got one of them. Miracles do happen.

Does anyone have a max level neptune by chance? I wanted to see if I could scrounge up enough HP to use a dual neptune leader team instead of a neptune Godin team for Hera-Is tomorrow. Is that even worth trying?

I'm having no luck getting an echinda and I feel like that's a monster I should really have tomorrow for Hera-is.

I'm so lost with this dungeon :(

eh but dual poison would be useless..
go neptune godin...

Jagernaut

I got 8 Gold Kings and 1 Tamadra in 10 runs. Enough to max my Rose Valkyrie and get GOdin to 4 awakenings. Luck varies.

Ducarmel

so!
Iineup is
drawn joker 53
rk
hera (not evolved) 50
siren (max skilled fully awoken) 62
echidna (last evo) 36

considering static fully awoken max level godin that would put me on
12,4k hp
2,4k rcv
i think i *should* be able to pull it off..

i have possibly 4 more gold king, 8 high gold dragon.. 1 feedable max level vert noel dragon (got 1 spare for lead purpose)...
should i pump more exp into anything or just
/pray and go on?

i believe i can flyyyyyyyy, i believe i can get hera-is without stoninggggggggg XD
Don't you have 13 tamadras

You should consider fully awakening Drawn Joker, his third awakening resist bind attack so when Hera does use bind and he manages to successfully resist it his 50% will still be up along with keeper if you managed to have it ready for 75 resistance that will probably be a game changer and save you a stone or two.

I'm going to run Gold dragons like crazy in an hour and hope I can get 1 more to fully awaken my Jester Dragon.

I did get a d/d batman but its such a low level and in its unevolved form. Is it worth trying to get it up at all, or should I stick with a second red to heart orb changer?
You need to make opportunity cost decisions in these situations: look up the nastiest attacks in the dungeon, see if you are still able to survive due to the reduced HP and/or different leader skill, and if so evaluate which one gives you the highest probability of survival. Without knowing how leveled your party is and how confident you are in your orb matching skills it's difficult to say which sub will work out better for you.

MikeDip

You need to make opportunity cost decisions in these situations: look up the nastiest attacks in the dungeon, see if you are still able to survive due to the reduced HP and/or different leader skill, and if so evaluate which one gives you the highest probability of survival. Without knowing how leveled your party is and how confident you are in your orb matching skills it's difficult to say which sub will work out better for you.

Honestly, if it was an echinda with the three turn delay I could see it being worthwhile, but the d/d batman would only give me 1 extra turn and is just so far behind. I've never used any monsters with delays so I really don't know how to judge their worth. If I show you my updated monster box could you give me a recommendation?

Don't you have 13 tamadras

You should consider fully awakening Drawn Joker, his third awakening resist bind attack so when Hera does use bind and he manages to successfully resist it his 50% will still be up along with keeper if you managed to have it ready for 75 resistance that will probably be a game changer and save you a stone or two.

I'm going to run Gold dragons like crazy in an hour and hope I can get 1 more to fully awaken my Jester Dragon.
actually i'm sitting on 16 atm since i spent a stone on golden dragon and did 6 runs.. 2 tamadra :X
that being said, isn't hera-is bind used only once? if so, if i pop rk at the correct time i *should* be able to take a full hit with the only rk active as reduction, and i'm quite confidant i can go back to full hp.. easily :) (yes i'm confident in my matching ability)
wasting 3 tamadra on dj seems a bit excessive, i can imagine plenty of monster that are better as tamadra eater :|

Honestly, if it was an echinda with the three turn delay I could see it being worthwhile, but the d/d batman would only give me 1 extra turn and is just so far behind. I've never used any monsters with delays so I really don't know how to judge their worth. If I show you my updated monster box could you give me a recommendation?
I mean I can't really judge either since I also don't know the relative worth of a 1-turn delayer versus a potentially low-leveled, not-max skilled heart maker. So I am not confident in my ability to assess your team lol.

Hera-Is uses a 1-3 turn bind as her first move then a 2-3 turn bind when she hits 40% HP, so Drawn Joker's bind resist utility doubles (from whatever low percent the original was).

I mean I can't really judge either since I also don't know the relative worth of a 1-turn delayer versus a potentially low-leveled, not-max skilled heart maker. So I am not confident in my ability to assess your team lol.

Hera-Is uses a 1-3 turn bind as her first move then a 2-3 turn bind when she hits 40% HP, so Drawn Joker's bind resist utility doubles (from whatever low percent the original was).
Uhm still not really convinced..
I'll do one try without max awakening..
Igive myself a limit of 5 stone per hera-is..
Want 3 again..
Limit and static can you ut up your max level max awoken godins as soon as midnight hits?
I'll do my first run 3 hours after the dungeon is up!

MikeDip

My second heart maker is the megalodon which is max skilled along with my siren. The siren is also fully awakened. I really don't think the batman is worth switching in but I am torn.
I just evolved my first hera which I am happy about.

1/12 on King Shynee skill-ups. This is brutal.

Glad tomorrow is Super Emeralds. Perfect timing to level-up Tengu and his dupes for awakenings. I just hope I don't get a messed up schedule. I only got to farm Super Metals for 20min on Saturday due to a schedule that didn't mesh with mine.

Amon37

so for regular hera I ran

my grodin no awoken skills
lilith-500 auto heal
dark golem
rk
siren- no awoken skills
grodin helper

will this still work for hera-is?

so for regular hera I ran

my grodin no awoken skills
lilith-500 auto heal
dark golem
rk
siren- no awoken skills
grodin helper

will this still work for hera-is?
eh...
dark golem is useless... there are no high def monster worth mentioning..
if you can use an hera in place of dark golem...
plus.. i *think* that the hp treshold for hera-is is a bit higher..

Ducarmel

Uhm still not really convinced..
I'll do one try without max awakening..
Igive myself a limit of 5 stone per hera-is..
Want 3 again..
Limit and static can you ut up your max level max awoken godins as soon as midnight hits?
I'll do my first run 3 hours after the dungeon is up!

I wish I had your confidence, have you seen this zero stone legend run of Hera-is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs

All his monsters are maxed and he has gods in place of Drawn Joker, Siren and Rainbow keeper, a better gravity user Hades at skill level 13 and his Echidna is max skilled.

I guess I will wait for you to report back, your post about your Hera run made me revise my strategy and zero stone it.

My second heart maker is the megalodon which is max skilled along with my siren. The siren is also fully awakened. I really don't think the batman is worth switching in but I am torn.
I just evolved my first hera which I am happy about.
Hmm okay if they're both max skilled them you have a better chance although both of them having the same guard stance might cause them to steal orbs from each other. Do you have the materials to busty Megalodran? The stat boost should give you yet more survivability.

I remember Echidna being critical on an earlier floor but I don't remember which one...

I wish I had your confidence, have you seen this zero stone legend run of Hera-is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs

All his monsters are maxed and he has gods in place of Drawn Joker, Siren and Rainbow keeper, a better gravity user Hades at skill level 13 and his Echidna is max skilled.

I guess I will wait for you to report back, your post about your Hera run made me revise my strategy and zero stone it.
parvati < siren...
siren gives you orb conversion.. and if you can pull even a 5 combo with 3 hearts, considering i'm sitting on 2.4k rcv, considering godin autoheal and siren autoheal...
welll that gives me a shitton hp :) on a cd FAR lower than parvati..
mikoto's guard stance is better than rk, but then again his hp are lower even at max level, and trust me, with a resist/godin team it's your endurance that matters.. your damage.. is secondary..
Only thing I agree is that a neptune would have been helluva better than my drawn joker, but I guess i'll use dj as a secondary panic button for orb conversion :)

plus i think that the hardest hitter pre-herais mob is the cdd, and even hell's breath would deal around 8k hp every two turn..
and i'm confident i can easily heal more than 4k per turn (i just need 3k, since my godin+siren gives me 1k.. and considering i have 2.4k rcv including godin i just need a 3hearts combo + 1/2 3anything combo and I should be ok...)..
then again i have siren if anything goes awry or i can use dj secondary orb conversion (on a HUGE cd but w/e, it's there anyway)..

for hera-is...
start of the fight... rk and then attack.. this way you soak at least 50% of the damage even if she binds both godin and dj....
after that depending on how favorable the board is, you can either try to heal back to full and stall 3 turns OR if echidnais active, waste her cd...
the real dealbreaker in terms of stone usage is the crystal coffin @40%.. 3 monsters bind.. considering you can arrive @40% by pure chance, at that point if she binds anything but godin and dj you're golden.. if she binds godin OR DJ you're good... if she binds both... you need to activate rk active.. OR you can use echidna and stall 3 turns... this is when you risk using a stone.. if she binds godin, dj and he binds either echidna OR rk and the one that is free doesn't have an active.. it's a stone down the pipe... with no chance for survival...
mischief by gods is @55%, so be sure to have your orb changer by then because if you have just three heart orbs and she morphs 2 heart orbs into block you'll have nowhere to heal and active max skill siren cd is use is preferable to siren/rk cd that takes a LOT of turns to load again...
megalodran.. even at max level has shitty rcv, plus his active and siren collide.. if you want another orb changer you should take a god with dual element orb changer, OR one of the toy dragon serie (fortoytops or similar.. ).. sure it will be unskilled, but this secondary orb change is your oh-shit-oh-shit moment.. it's far easier that you're out of enough (3) fire orb to transform rather than having siren skill on cd.. but that's me..

anyway *i think* that with decent matching i should be able to do this with LESS hassle than hera..
Hopefully i'll low-stone it, or at worst 5 stone it.

Hmm okay if they're both max skilled them you have a better chance although both of them having the same guard stance might cause them to steal orbs from each other. Do you have the materials to busty Megalodran? The stat boost should give you yet more survivability.

I remember Echidna being critical on an earlier floor but I don't remember which one...
This is for Hera-Is? It's probably the CDK/CBK floor, then.

Tomorrow, assuming I don't get an f'ed up schedule, I'll be dropping all the super emeralds into Bastet and maybe Parvati. I did get a Tengu, but eh. He, ADK, and Artemis can wait.

xCobalt

I forget what I used to beat Hera Is but I'll make a couple of runs tomorrow and see if I can get the Chaos Blizzard Dragon. I think my team was Drawn Joker, Echidna, Siren, Water Mech and Hera.

Caerith

parvati < siren...
siren gives you orb conversion.. and if you can pull even a 5 combo with 3 hearts, considering i'm sitting on 2.4k rcv, considering godin autoheal and siren autoheal...
welll that gives me a shitton hp :) on a cd FAR lower than parvati..
mikoto's guard stance is better than rk, but then again his hp are lower even at max level, and trust me, with a resist/godin team it's your endurance that matters.. your damage.. is secondary..
Only thing I agree is that a neptune would have been helluva better than my drawn joker, but I guess i'll use dj as a secondary panic button for orb conversion :)

Parvati gives orb conversion with the same cooldown as Siren. She also comes with 1400 more HP and 700 more attack (and, being green, that counts for double against Hera-Is).

MikeDip

I'm missing two dragon fruits, so unless I can get two of those before tomorrow, no I can't evolve my Megalodran :(

Parvati gives orb conversion with the same cooldown as Siren. She also comes with 1400 more HP and 700 more attack (and, being green, that counts for double against Hera-Is).

yeah but pardon me but how do you skill a parvati? wasn't it in eco shabo alma?
Well some of us, me, even if were to found a parvati would be lacking the mats to skill it :)
so that's a major issue :p
on the other hand if you manage to snag a siren, you can get enough marine goblin any time of the day :)

ach, didn't consider the possibility of running with the mech warrior serie..
I actually have one of each at max level second evo... and have some feedable king..
meh, will remember to prep a max level mech warrior..
*jots down just one more thing to do*

Caerith

Well some of us, me, even if were to found a parvati would be lacking the mats to skill it :)
on the other hand if you manage to snag a siren, you can get enough marine goblin any time of the day :)
Well, you work with what you got, but all things being equal, Parvati > Siren. Except in RCV and not having an auto-recover awoken skill, but hard to argue with that HP.

Siren is easier to obtain and skill up, but a max skilled Parvati beats max skilled Siren any day. You can't really bring that argument into which mob is better.

what in the hell is.....

...this. yup.

i explained my reasoning just a bit ago :)
I wasn't playing "hardcore" during the eco collab, plus i didn't (and i don't now) have a parvati..
if i had a parvati and if i was playing during eco collab fine..
but this double binding in terms of real life probability means that siren will be > parvati given how unlikely you are to have her skilled lest you had her already when eco collab hit :)

let's change my statement to this..
unprepared guy siren > unprepared guy parvati..
if we compare someone that had a parvati at the time or that farmed shabo in prevision of ever getting a parvati.. fine..
but other than that if someone want to build on the fly a decent team without having to *hope* to rem pull a parvati, a siren is > for the sole reason that she is farmable and easy to skill up anytime while parvati can be skilled only during eco :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The Siren you have > the Parvati you don't, that's fair :p

Exactly.

Siren has three things going for her:

- Healer (so goes well with Valk)
- Easy to skill up
- Farmable

Parv is better in every other way, though. Besides, Siren is easily replaced by a second Valk or max skilled Angelion. I didn't pull for one during this last Godfest mostly because I didn't need or want anything else (and the desire sensor is a mean bitch).

Exactly.

Siren has three things going for her:

- Healer (so goes well with Valk)
- Easy to skill up
- Farmable

Parv is better in every other way, though. Besides, Siren is easily replaced by a second Valk or max skilled Angelion. I didn't pull for one during this last Godfest mostly because I didn't need or want anything else (and the desire sensor is a mean bitch).
I would have liked a parvati, tried 5 rem roll, got nothing..
Butthurt, but realistically speaking, before using her i would have had to wait for eco collab return...
It's all in perspective.. Godin/resist team must have a staple income of hearts so the active skill takes prio..
If you were using a spike team and need to activate the skill just once, then you can go with unskilled parvati over skill ed siren..
Take susanoo no mikoto..
He has less hp than rk but his active lasts 5 turns instead of three..
Rk has more hp and doesn't need any feed.. So considering that in this party susanoo no mikoto is a glorified stat stick for a guard stance, you have to decide if the lo gear guard stance "oh-shit-button" is worth the bother of levelling him... Personally i'm good with rk 3 turns since i can shove the exp somewhere else... But that's me...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I would have liked a parvati, tried 5 rem roll, got nothing..
Butthurt, but realistically speaking, before using her i would have had to wait for eco collab return...

That's true. I do hope they bring it back at some point. There really aren't any other strong heartmakers like Parv. Sure, my Fortoytops has good HP and RCV, but that shitty ATK stat really hurts him.

I want to make a tricolor team mostly for weekend dungeon.

I have 3 options but I don't know which to go for as they are all under leveled so i'm not sure which one to work on.

For Green I have Odin, AA Michael, Parvati and ADK, Dryad. No Heartbreaker.

For an ADK Team I have One ADK and a bunch of low level starter dragons.

For fire I have Catwoman(Gold Bonus), Titan, Mystic Flame Night, Echinda, Flame Golem, Shaitan.

Only blue I have is Siren

Which of these 3 options would be the best for tricolor? I'm not gonna try pulling for any others as my main team is dark and it's already very strong.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I have 3 options but I don't know which to go for as they are all under leveled so i'm not sure which one to work on.

For fire I have Catwoman(Gold Bonus), Titan, Mystic Flame Night, Echinda, Flame Golem, Shaitan.

Which of these 3 options would be the best for tricolor? I'm not gonna try pulling for any others as my main team is dark and it's already very strong.

ADK/ADK is your best bet. Can you field any of the Dragon Rush dragons?

xCobalt

All I have at the moment are starters and "lil" dragons.

I'd go with your ADK team and level up a few dragons. Put echidna on that team too even if it isn't a dragon. I remember when I was first doing Master, there were some runs where I wasn't able to clear the last floor in time. Echidna will easily solve that problem.

Caerith

I mono-green the weekend dungeon without a heartbreaker all the time. I mean, I used to-- I just do Ocean of Heaven now. Parvati lead, friend Artemis, sub ADK and whatever. When you get to the boss room, do Parvati -> Artemis to turn the entire board green, watch everything die screaming.

Not as fast as ADK, but safe and reliable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All I have at the moment are starters and "lil" dragons.

See below:

I'd go with your ADK team and level up a few dragons. Put echidna on that team too even if it isn't a dragon. I remember when I was first doing Master, there were some runs where I wasn't able to clear the last floor in time. Echidna will easily solve that problem.

This was going to be my exact advice, haha. Echidna for an oh shit button.

Top Bottom