• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

how in the hell do you feed a lvl 30 mosner like I&I shit takes a gajillion exp and cash out of the pocket of bill gates. im guessing grinding?

how in the hell do you feed a lvl 30 mosner like I&I shit takes a gajillion exp and cash out of the pocket of bill gates. im guessing grinding?
The cost to feed monsters goes up with level. So once you hit a certain point it is no longer economical to feed normal dungeon drops to that monster. The bulk of the EXP you'll be feeding to get monsters to higher levels will be from King Jewel/Metal dragons and Pengdras. You can catch kings as drops in the Metal/Jewel dungeons that show up several times throughout the day for an hour at a time. You can catch pengdras from technical dungeons, which unlock after Castle of Satan, or from pengdra village, an event only dungeon that works the same as the Metal/Jewel dungeons.

Pengdra village is actually appearing tomorrow, so you might try to run it a few times if you want some EXP. And don't forget that pengdras give significantly more EXP after evolving them, and it is definitely worth the effort for the extra EXP.

God my padherder page is so depressing. I could spend a all of the free stones from this event on evo materials and still not catch up.

linsivvi

God my padherder page is so depressing. I could spend a all of the free stones from this event on evo materials and still not catch up.

I just hide the evolutions of monsters that I have no intention of evolving. It makes the material page much more informative anyway.

razterik

Yay, skill up time!

Red blue ogre, 2/2
Red green ogre, 2/2
Wow! On a roll here!

Sasuke, 1/11
Okay, max skill finally, so that's fine.

Venus, 1/15
Uh, this'll take a while, I guess.

Parvati, 0/8
Urg...

Loki, 0/5
No! Bad Dumpty!

raiot

Wow, Kirin is STRONG!

Zero stoned Hera-Is Mythical and got a Black Skydragon. Fed him to my Skydragon, got my 4th skillup and final Awakening!

My Attacker team:

eSaT4WN.png

I can sub Nobunaga, but he is not leveled yet.
Thats a HUGE amount of dark xp that this team needs... but I think it will be worth it! :D
Now give me that final fantasy Dungeon so I can skill up the riders...

razterik

Never thought there would come a day where three seeds, a flower, and a fruit would be my perfect Thursday dungeon run. Been plants and 'buncles everwhere. Parvati now 4/18.

the only lead I really have up is Light Metatron but her awoken skills are mostly useless
thinking about whether or not I wanna dump them in Isis
hers are really nice for Tri-color but she already makes tricolor a breeze
and I rarely ever have her up as a lead so it won't net me more pal points

Metatron skills aren't useless. Her awakening gives autoheal...and since she does her leader skill at max HP, pretty useful for metal dungeon farming.

Among other things....havn't checked the rest of her skills.

Got my Hera-Is and Rank 100 w/ one stone spent because I didn't judge her health right and did a early lolcannon nuke and wound up triggering Ice Coffin bind when I didn't mean to, AND she bound the only set of monsters that would kill me-both leaders and Echidna.

Lucifer lead (lvl 74)
RK
Siren (max skill, level 60)
Echidna ( skill 4, level 52)
Awoken Hera (level 50)
Friend Lucifer (level 94, +30 eggs or so)

Was VERY tedious (took a couple of hours) but super safe. If you are worried about blowing a lot of stones for shots on this at Legend (where I got mine) this is a very safe and modest team comp with the usual parts. I used siren a lot, I don't think the 2x gravity+echidna+RK approach is as good unless you had a lot of RCV +eggs (which I did not).

Had the craziest luck with the sapphire dungeon yesterday. The very first run yielded 3x King's and 1x Tamadra. So very good run.

The next 7! runs of this dungeon? NOTHING but the small dragons. Not a single king or even the 2nd level dragon. Was crazy.

I do have several guys awakened already and it is pretty cool. Awakened my Hellwind Taur Demon and Heavy Infantry Hobgoblin. Both have the increased chance for +power green orbs, which is pretty cool. Def. going to build a team of full awakening monsters with the same type of awakening abilities. Should be helpful.

Man this game does drag though. I can't recall how long I have been playing and still have issues with Expert level dungeons. Ridiculous. I refuse to spend anymore money though after seeing the sheer wasting that can occur on a Godfest. And then that recent sapphire dungeon I wasted 4 stones on? This game makes it hard to spend money on really, when it does things like that all too often.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hera-Is Mythical down. Not sure if I should get my 3rd Hera-Is or not. Kirin makes relatively quick work of this dungeon, but you have very little room for error. I feel like farming for gravity is best done via Hera and not Hera-Is (since Hera is MUCH easier IMHO).

Radav

argh....I want seeds, but the only thing that drops are plants!!

ECO dungeon has broken me

Hahahaha, I'm sorry I just never thought we'd be hearing the above statement.

Curse Gungho for putting Hera-Is today. I need the thursday dungeon more then I need to down Mythical. Next time... next time.

Edit: Is this right we're getting pengdra village today??? If so... gungho so evil man, so fricking evil.

razterik

And Parvati is maxed. Took five stones running ECO and Thursday dungeon. She ate 28 crayon girls for 6 skill ups. Toytops and Drall are next, but those will probably come along just fine while I work on Venus and Yomi this week. Lakshmi can go cry in the corner with her terrible skill.

razterik

JP is getting Tamadras as rare appearance but guaranteed drops in Pengdra Village. Sounds better than running dragons for it, but I wonder if it'll be as rare as Super Golds in Tower of Jewels.

Radav

JP is getting Tamadras as rare appearance but guaranteed drops in Pengdra Village. Sounds better than running dragons for it, but I wonder if it'll be as rare as Super Golds in Tower of Jewels.

Id be surprised if it were any better then the appearance rate of the Super Golds in Tower of Jewels.

Just finished Master Tengu with this team and a friend Shaitan:
VUA9J7Ol.jpg

Keep your Salamanders, folks. The Octopus and Titan are almost max SL while Echidna is SL3. Activate Shaitan when Tengu goes into anger mode and you'll get five free turns to burn down the remainder of his HP bar. Got lucky with a cascade there myself, but with a higher skilled Echidna it would have been completely safe.

razterik

Keeping one for this exact reason. Did you skill up the Salamander at all? I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so, just not sure how much priority to give it.

Just finished Master Tengu with this team and a friend Shaitan:
VUA9J7Ol.jpg

Keep your Salamanders, folks. The Octopus and Titan are almost max SL while Echidna is SL3. Activate Shaitan when Tengu goes into anger mode and you'll get five free turns to burn down the remainder of his HP bar. Got lucky with a cascade there myself, but with a higher skilled Echidna it would have been completely safe.

would it be better to keep the salamander and hunt for the shaitan or have the Shaitan and hunt for the Salamander?

Tengu is definately an interesting dungeon, and I pretty much have that exact team already (even a GC Crab with some skill ups)

Keeping one for this exact reason. Did you skill up the Salamander at all? I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so, just not sure how much priority to give it.
No skillups because I am not wasting hours of my life skilling up a monster I will only use in exactly one dungeon. I never had an issue where a higher skilled Guard Stance would have been do or die, but it wouldn't hurt I suppose? I'd rather spend my time max skilling Parvati.

Don't think it matters which one you have; Shaitan is REM only so you can't exactly have one guaranteed.

J0dy77

Yeah, I have no real interest in the ECO skill ups. I only have the Toytops and it's not worth the effort to skillup.

Anyone else playing Marvel Puzzle Quest? It's really sucking me away from PAD to the point I'm only loggin in for Jewels and keeping my stamina from topping off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I have no real interest in the ECO skill ups. I only have the Toytops and it's not worth the effort to skillup.

Anyone else playing Marvel Puzzle Quest? It's really sucking me away from PAD to the point I'm only loggin in for Jewels and keeping my stamina from topping off.

I don't know, once Toytops gets his Balance subtype, I think he'll be a staple on Balance teams.

it's what i've been playing waiting for Stam to refresh. Pretty decent now that I figured how you get new cards.

Downloaded LineZeta yesterday...it's basically PAD+Gundam which is awesome. Matching is rather rather strange, we'll see how it goes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I won't lie - I sometimes click on the FB profile of some of the PAD players
(mostly the ones who I say, "YOU play PAD? Really?").
Yes, I'm judging people.

One of the guys I clicked on had the BEST "Likes" on his page ever. I was laughing pretty hard. <3

Freaks Only, Tower of Saviors, GF Extreme Hoe Network

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So apparently there's a promotion going on with Kit-Kat and Google Play money?

A bunch of the PAD FB people have been going crazy and buying lots of Kit-Kat. Someone posted a video of what they're doing with the way-too-many Kit-Kats they've stocked up.

I laughed really hard at this.

0/8 on Parvati.
0/7 on Venus.

Yep that sounds about right.

Edit: so what chances are there of collab dungeons coming back? I know none of ours have repeated yet but does Japan bring them around occasionally?

0/8 on Parvati.
0/7 on Venus.

Yep that sounds about right.

Edit: so what chances are there of collab dungeons coming back? I know none of ours have repeated yet but does Japan bring them around occasionally?
Well we've gotten poring tower multiple times already. But yes, collabs do rotate back after a few months. Sometimes it's for the full two week rotation again while other times it's only for 1-3 days.

Wanchan

Me, on top of playing Marvel Heroes on PC but PAD is still KING, Marvel PQ looks like a bit too much "pay to win" event-wise (tournament/versus) to my taste.

so I went 1/22 on Sasuke skill ups from the light samurai dragon dungeon...

and i have gone 1/6 (with 15 more to level and evo) for Artemis skill ups.

I really hope we get Groove coaster and CoC collabs back again.

along with Crystal Defenders... that still needs to happen.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I decided to awaken Kirin once and Valk twice. That's 60% chance when paired with a Kirin(1). Or however we choose to notate that...

E: If I put Verche in there, that goes up to 80%, and I often run Valk/Verche together with Kirin.

xCobalt

I decided to awaken Kirin once and Valk twice. That's 60% chance when paired with a Kirin(1). Or however we choose to notate that...

E: If I put Verche in there, that goes up to 80%, and I often run Valk/Verche together with Kirin.

I always assumed the rates would be multiplicative. Haven't seen it yet but I doubt they would allow 100% chance for enhanced orbs.

I always assumed the rates would be multiplicative. Haven't seen it yet but I doubt they would allow 100% chance for enhanced orbs.
It's additive, they've said so themselves that stacking enough [Enhanced Attr Orbs] will give a 100% chance.

Also I made a joke elsewhere after reading about people buying and eating so many Kit Kats that they got sick, about them turning from metaphorical whales into actual ones.

StMeph

Hera-Is is being more of a pain than I anticipated. That, or my play was a bit too cavalier, but either way, I burned a couple stones with nothing to show for it.

Need to plan a little better before attempting again today.

Hera-Is Mythical get. Ra and Kirin punished that level. I was rolling in drops as well, until I got to Hera and got ice-coffined. Burned a stone, but got one back with the beat.

Got the Mechdragon as well, god forbid Gungho put them back up again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hera-Is Mythical get. Ra and Kirin punished that level. I was rolling in drops as well, until I got to Hera and got ice-coffined. Burned a stone, but got one back with the beat.

Got the Mechdragon as well, god forbid Gungho put them back up again.

Grats! Funny how much easier she was this time around, haha.

And max skill Echidna made it easier for me to stall and NOT have to burn a stone on ice-coffin.

Beat Mythical and got Chaos Blizzard Dragon! Aww, yeah! I can't proc Kirin consistently yet, so I used double Horus.

Now I should probably pick up two more for skill up/awakening.

Giard

Just added myself to the list of players in the OP. If anyone needs a Lucifer, I'm always playing with him as my leader.

um. if anyone runs a spike team that requires extensive matching (Horus/Kirin/Ra), i strongly suggest awakening a 'extend orb movement' sun if you use him. Crazy helpful. DId with Shiva today for Hera-Is....sogood.jpg
___

ok. what do i put light (and others) xp into :

Zeus : lvl 34
Great Valk : lvl 61
Light Metatron : lvl 32

*looks at friends list* I feel most of you will say Valk, but if Zeus gets an ultimate soon....makes me lean towards him.

Devil/Dark is my go-to team, if you know...any of you run with Hera-Ur. soo i'm not sure

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
um. if anyone runs a spike team that requires extensive matching (Horus/Kirin/Ra), i strongly suggest awakening a 'extend orb movement' sun if you use him. Crazy helpful. DId with Shiva today for Hera-Is....sogood.jpg
___

ok. what do i put light (and others) xp into :

Zeus : lvl 34
Great Valk : lvl 61
Light Metatron : lvl 32

*looks at friends list* I feel most of you will say Valk, but if Zeus gets an ultimate soon....makes me lean towards him.

Devil/Dark is my go-to team, if you know...any of you run with Hera-Ur. soo i'm not sure

Valk is good, BUT!

Zeus stat line and that 35% gravity is CRAZY legit. My vote is getting Zeus to somewhere between 50-75.

Top Bottom