• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I can get to Hera-is without problems but am just not good enough at matching to stay alive against her. I'd need a maxed Odin with a lot of + eggs for recovery :(
This is what burns most people with the Resist/Grodin build, you pay the stone tax and hope she drops (or Wireshark the drop ahead of time).

edit : we should come up with a standard way of describing when monsters we are using. Between levels, + eggs, skill level, awakenings. Something like Ra : 88/34/1/0 etc. Just a crazy thought.

Ra (88)
D/D Hades (max)
Dios (54)
Echidna (92)
Hera-Is (83)

Gives me 13k HP and 2.5k RCV before helper leader. Basically nuke the dark devil ASAP and stall as you can on the Water one. He doesn't hit too hard except for wind slash. Combo him when you run out of heal orbs. Charge up Echidna when you can (mine is max sl). Some of the sub-bosses are on 2-3 cooldowns which helps....check PDX if you can take a hit. Pop Echidna on Hera...use Kirin (if you have her and shes charged..helps a bit) and then combo her to death. Think I finished her with 2 turns left before Ice Coffin.
Hmm thanks. I may use a similar that team but with Cu Chu instead of Dios and Hera for Hades. Hera-Is and Hades are just there for stats right? Not for gravity? If so I may sub in Neptune for Hera-Is.

Caerith

I'm hoping they get actually usable leader skills so I can field both variants since I got two out of the REM.

Also this might have gotten lost in the shuffle yesterday but they're planning on letting you have more than 6 team builds, unlocking more as you rank up.
I wish they'd let people choose from your team leaders, not just the one you're currently using.

Oh! 6.1 coming on Thursday! Anyone have any thoughts on the new versions of the 2.0 greek gods? I have Apollo and Artemis and I'm just curious if they'll be useable in any scenario outside of their mono-colored teams.

I finally took down Mythical Hera-Is with my Kirin team. It was actually fairly easy. Kirin is a beast.
The best thing about the update for the Greeks is the considerable stat boosts they're getting. Artemis (e.g.) right now has a great leader skill but she's light on the overall stats: you use her as a leader, but she's kinda meager as a sub. Getting a boost of +750/+50/+130, dual-typing to Balanced, and dual-element means she's now a pretty viable sub as well.

Hmm thanks. I may use a similar that team but with Cu Chu instead of Dios and Hera for Hades. Hera-Is and Hades are just there for stats right? Not for gravity? If so I may sub in Neptune for Hera-Is.

basically. Took Dios for extra HP and light sub and Hera-is is my best water dual color monster. Dual colors really help out with burst teams. Anything with Light or Wood sub attributes should help as well (2x against dark and water)

If you need me to put GOdin up again, let me know. I just got the final awakening for him.

and done!
total tally 3 stone... easy but time consuming... clearly the biatch didn't drop so i'll have to do another run pronto... those thre stones were my mistake, when i try to overextend myself for fancy combos :)
fuck sake...
considering i want three hera-is..
this is gonna be long...

my team was in the end
drawn joker 54
rainbow keeper
hera (not evolved) max level
siren 69 max skill max awoken
echidna 49 no skill no awoken
godin friend max level 4/5 awoken

definitely doable.. if you're handy with combo it's frigging easy :) looong but easy

basically. Took Dios for extra HP and light sub and Hera-is is my best water dual color monster. Dual colors really help out with burst teams. Anything with Light or Wood sub attributes should help as well (2x against dark and water)
Cool thanks. I'm about halfway through so I'll let you know how it goes. Things are looking good so far.

Jagernaut

No way for you to pair with a D/D Hades and do Master?

Anyone with a Goemon should run Goemon/Goemon with light subs on Master. With a decent light attack level it only takes 2 sets of light orbs in a combo to kill Joker. I also used Goemon to beat Legend but needed more combos of light and fire. You need a minimum team hp of 14,275 on Master and 21,061 on Legend.

Shit. The RNG fucked me. In the four turns I had to take down Hera-Is only one of them had a Ra combo possible. Oh well. Maybe I'll try again next time she comes around. I'm gonna have to pick up a few eventually for awakenings.

This is what burns most people with the Resist/Grodin build, you pay the stone tax and hope she drops (or Wireshark the drop ahead of time).

eh?
do please tell what wireshark is..
if i can now ahead of time if there's a drop in this dungeon i may as well suicide if there's not one, burn a stone and re-enter :/

ah lol nvm, it's actually one of my field of expertise, you mean packet sniffing..
what should i search for in the sent/received packet to determine the drop?

well i'll try later to create a connection hotspot and i'll let pad connect to internet through there.. and i'll turn on a wireshark... later :X

eh?
do please tell what wireshark is..
if i can now ahead of time if there's a drop in this dungeon i may as well suicide if there's not one, burn a stone and re-enter :/

ah lol nvm, it's actually one of my field of expertise, you mean packet sniffing..
what should i search for in the sent/received packet to determine the drop?

well i'll try later to create a connection hotspot and i'll let pad connect to internet through there.. and i'll turn on a wireshark... later :X
I'm being intentionally vague since GungHo has threatened to go after people's asses for it, but the encounter/drop tables are sent as compressed, unencrypted JSON. As soon as you enter a dungeon the packet containing drop information should be maybe obvious.

I'm being intentionally vague since GungHo has threatened to go after people's asses for it, but the encounter/drop tables are sent as compressed, unencrypted JSON. As soon as you enter a dungeon the packet containing drop information should be maybe obvious.

2 stoned so far and hera-is @10%..
so yeah :)

after this one more hera-is then i check the packet thingie :)

Nope. It's bullshit. They do it at 10 PM PST, which fucks over just about every other timezone.
If it's any consolation, PST gets hosed all the time, too, since most time slots fall during the work day (for example, I work 10 AM - 7 PM, and I have Super Emeralds at 6 PM tonight, when I'm most likely doing reports and/or having a meeting with my boss). 10 PM really is the best slot for us here, and I would much rather have a 1 AM slot available.

linsivvi

There's no way GungHo can do a thing about it though. It's basically impossible for them to detect people's monitoring of their own local networks, nor is it any of their business.

I've seen cheats in the wild where people modify a certain data file to make subs insanity powerful, and those are they people whom they should go after.

alright I got two tamadra from emeralds and now I have three, I'm thinking of giving them to any of these monsters but I'm not sure which yet

valk awakening 2
GrOdin
BOdin
LL Venus
Astaroth awakening 1

I'm leaning towards LL venus because that would make my healer team even beefier but idk

blodin has stupid awesome awakenings. I'd go with that if you use him frequently.

question, what's the hp treshhold for hera-is 100% drop dungeon?
can a godin/resist do it?
because if the third hera-is dungeon doesn't drop i think i'll go hemo..

Ducarmel

1 stone and no drop with Hera. The fight is too damn long, I don't know if I could do it again, the writing is on the wall I am going to learn to play with Horus and build a spike team.

1 stone and no drop with Hera. The fight is too damn long, I don't know if I could do it again, the writing is on the wall I am going to learn to play with Horus and build a spike team.

absolutly. The amount of content you can clear is staggering and its so much quicker than 2xLucy. Not safe though, need to pick where you want to stall. Almost always take an Echidna for emergencies.

Caerith

There's no way GungHo can do a thing about it though. It's basically impossible for them to detect people's monitoring of their own local networks, nor is it any of their business.

I've seen cheats in the wild where people modify a certain data file to make subs insanity powerful, and those are they people whom they should go after.

Can they catch people who do that? As I understand it, the only communication between the app and the server is when you enter the dungeon and when you leave (win or lose). What happens in-between is no-man's land.

Althane

Keeper of the Forest acquired, I probably could've cleared that fight two weeks ago, it was a stomp with my resist+archangel combo.

Getting the D Keeper will probably take more work, but I'm about to hop on the wiki and see how feasible it is.

Thanks for the advice guys.

linsivvi

Can they catch people who do that? As I understand it, the only communication between the app and the server is when you enter the dungeon and when you leave (win or lose). What happens in-between is no-man's land.

Edit: Oh that...

Yeah I think it's very difficult but it does involve modification of the game data, so it is possible if they sneak data integrity detection into a new version.

bah with godin resist team i'm doing consistently no less than 7 and uusually around 9 combo atm..
i finish the whole dungeon in approx 1 hour and 40m..
so i have at worst 5 more try :X
but i want three of them christ..
now i'm not even stoning..
on cdd 0 stone..
i'll frigging farm a spike team, at least it will be FAST and this is proving i'm more than able to combo orbs at ease...

bah with godin resist team i'm doing consistently no less than 7 and uusually around 9 combo atm..
i finish the whole dungeon in approx 1 hour and 40m..
so i have at worst 5 more try :X
but i want three of them christ..
now i'm not even stoning..
on cdd 0 stone..
i'll frigging farm a spike team, at least it will be FAST and this is proving i'm more than able to combo orbs at ease...

the chance of being able to 'farm' a spike team able to take down Hera-Is by the end of today is probably about ~0%. This shit takes prep work. Had to burn stones the first time around....was able to 0 stone mythical this time around.

She'll be back.

J0dy77

It seems like we've had a lot of discussion about Puzzcombo, wireshark and other hacks for PAD. Just curious, how many people use any of these tools? Feel free to ignore for fear of incriminating yourself.

Personally, I've never tried them. Partly out of fear of losing my PAD account and partly because I don't want to ruin the challenge. I'd feel cheated and wouldn't enjoy a drop I earned using a tool. Not judging though, to each their own.

linsivvi

It seems like we've had a lot of discussion about Puzzcombo, wireshark and other hacks for PAD. Just curious, how many people use any of these tools? Feel free to ignore for fear of incriminating yourself.

Personally, I've never tried them. Partly out of fear of losing my PAD account and partly because I don't want to ruin the challenge. I'd feel cheated and wouldn't enjoy a drop I earned using a tool. Not judging though, to each their own.

Wireshark is harmless. You install a software on your PC and look at what passes through your network, what can they do about it? It's not even wrong in any sense.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I use Path and Decision sometimes. Not often, but when I'm in a situation where I simply cannot see the combo, I'll let the app make it for me. I also use it to take screenies and practice bizarre combos when I need to hit the jackpot.

There's no shame in it really - if you played exclusively with it, I can see the issue. But using it to practice combos on the board you have is no worse than writing it on paper and dicking around or something similar.

and what is puzzcombo now? o_O and path and decision that the other guy mentioned?

Sigh i'm on hera-is again...
third time..
hopefully this time she'll drop...... hopefully..

Ducarmel

I see no problem with combo calculators if its just for learning, eventually you get good enough in the game that you can make 6-7 combos on almost any board.

As for wireshark well I probably could of saved myself a stone and 2hrs today.

Wireshark is harmless. You install a software on your PC and look at what passes through your network, what can they do about it? It's not even wrong in any sense.
Only wrong in the sense that dowsing for descended drops keeps you from spending time and stones on playing that would otherwise have gone to waste, but the impact on game balance is so insignificant since you still have to play the dungeon out in the end.

The other extreme side of the spectrum is that jailbreak app that moves orbs for you, because that enables you to clear content that you could not have humanly done so otherwise.

Path and Decision falls somewhere in the middle because it enables you to find orb moves you might not have otherwise have seen, but you could theoretically have moved there and you still need to execute the moves yourself in the end.

Giard

Yayyyyy Rainbow Keepers are dropping!

Although I died stupidly during a run because of round 3 timer bullshit... but still, I should be able to get a couple.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I took my Bastet to 97 today. I am SUPER tempted to set an alarm for 1 am and run Super Emeralds. I REALLY want to max Bastet, GrOdin, Fortoytops, Chu Chu, Dios, and ADK (not in that order). Susano is supposed to be getting a busty, so I wouldn't mind pumping him, too.

Fucking green...

Caerith

I personally don't use any of those "cheat" or "pseudo-cheat" or "it's not cheating i have a prescription" tools. I don't think I could use them if I wanted to-- I'm on an Android, and aren't most (if not all) of them on iOS?

If I could use it, and could use it for free, I'd probably use an app to teach me to recognize and set up combos. Not for the sake of beating content, mind you, but because I'm really not very good at recognizing and making combos and would like to learn/practice getting better.

I don't see the harm in wireshark or packet-sniffing. I mean, on the one hand, sure, they'd lose revenue from people not spending stones to continue if they knew there wasn't going to be a drop, but seeing as I don't spend stones to continue anyway, if anything, I might actually be tempted to continue if I knew a drop was coming.

As for "win the game" apps, I never would. I want my achievements to mean something, is all. (I don't mean the in-game achievements.)

hera-is GET!
one stone!
fuck you biatch!
levelled and got stam refreshed..
should i try last difficulty or standard 40% for another round? :p

Limit

I personally don't use any of those "cheat" or "pseudo-cheat" or "it's not cheating i have a prescription" tools. I don't think I could use them if I wanted to-- I'm on an Android, and aren't most (if not all) of them on iOS?

If I could use it, and could use it for free, I'd probably use an app to teach me to recognize and set up combos. Not for the sake of beating content, mind you, but because I'm really not very good at recognizing and making combos and would like to learn/practice getting better.

I don't see the harm in wireshark or packet-sniffing. I mean, on the one hand, sure, they'd lose revenue from people not spending stones to continue if they knew there wasn't going to be a drop, but seeing as I don't spend stones to continue anyway, if anything, I might actually be tempted to continue if I knew a drop was coming.

As for "win the game" apps, I never would. I want my achievements to mean something, is all. (I don't mean the in-game achievements.)

Get puzzcombo on android. Its free too.

This wireshark technique sounds intriguing, if only for the sake of legendary earth. I googled how to set it up but the one post on puzzle and dragons forum that had that info now has edited out that information. I would really appreciate if anyone can send me a pm detailing how to set it up to work with PAD.

can someone clarify something to me?
i've extracted the data and turns out my current hera run is:

{"res":0,"hash":"52829f143e9f5","btype":0,"barg":0,"fp":10,"waves":
[{"seq":"1","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"476","lv":3,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0},{"type":0,"num":"479","lv":3,"item":"479","inum":3,"pval":1}]},
{"seq":"2","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"217","lv":8,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"3","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"412","lv":3,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"4","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"284","lv":5,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"5","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"215","lv":5,"item":"33","inum":5,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"6","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"596","lv":4,"item":"596","inum":4,"pval":0}]}]}

assuming 596 is hera monster (floor 6), lv is the level of the dropped monster...
ah i get it!
type dunno
num number of monster
lv level of dropped monster
item is what will drop..
inum is dunno
pval is +eggvalue (0 false, 1 true)

So for this run i should get
479 with a +1
33 (lil black dragon)
596 (hera-is)
will test and report gaffers!

Had only enough stam for one super emeralds run, decided to lead with Undine instead of Noel for who knows what reason, no friend Noels so I used a random monster, first wave was an invade. A cascade of worse and worse decisions ._.

chrono01

I wish there was a way to see which friends are using your leader and which arn't.
I wish that there were a way to set a friend leader and an in-game leader. That way you wouldn't always have to change your current team back in-case you wanted to use something else for one of your dungeons [but still keep a helpful one for your friends].

So I'm doing a few Super Emerald runs atm and since I don't have any good green monsters at all I'm gonna use them for either Valk or Zeus. How far away are we from getting the Zeus ulti? Months?

Their levels atm are:

Zeus(not evolved): 31
Princess Valk(Missing the dublits for ulti): 24

GungHo USA's schedule for dropping new descended dungeons has no rhyme or reason and the fact that the one that drops mats for the Zeus busty is, well, a descended for evo materials makes things even weirder. Basically lick your finger and see which way the wind blows because that's about as good a predictor as anything we can come up with.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
can someone clarify something to me?
i've extracted the data and turns out my current hera run is:

{"res":0,"hash":"52829f143e9f5","btype":0,"barg":0,"fp":10,"waves":
[{"seq":"1","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"476","lv":3,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0},{"type":0,"num":"479","lv":3,"item":"479","inum":3,"pval":1}]},
{"seq":"2","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"217","lv":8,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"3","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"412","lv":3,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"4","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"284","lv":5,"item":0,"inum":0,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"5","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"215","lv":5,"item":"33","inum":5,"pval":0}]},
{"seq":"6","monsters":[{"type":0,"num":"596","lv":4,"item":"596","inum":4,"pval":0}]}]}

assuming 596 is hera monster (floor 6), lv is the level of the dropped monster...
ah i get it!
type dunno
num number of monster
lv level of dropped monster
item is what will drop..
inum is dunno
pval is +eggvalue (0 false, 1 true)

So for this run i should get
479 with a +1
33 (lil black dragon)
596 (hera-is)
will test and report gaffers!

Interesting...This could be useful for stone tossing Celestial.

So with that program you could see before hand if the heavy metal dragon would drop? or if the lower difficulty descends would drop?

interesting... I've already gotten every descend with mutliple levels (just missing Zues Dios) but Heavy Metal Dragon is scary...

I have a Ra team, and working on a Tengu. Got some Tamadras for awakenings (if need be) and really have no clue how to proceed.

Top Bottom