• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Cels

so i don't play that much but a few pages back someone said that green odin was a good leader for clearing the tuesday dungeon (which i have never cleared before)

worked great, finally got a few rainbow dudes.

Caerith

So with that program you could see before hand if the heavy metal dragon would drop? or if the lower difficulty descends would drop?

interesting... I've already gotten every descend with mutliple levels (just missing Zues Dios) but Heavy Metal Dragon is scary...

I have a Ra team, and working on a Tengu. Got some Tamadras for awakenings (if need be) and really have no clue how to proceed.

Well, if you can get to the boss, use Tengu's active to turn your team into a resolve and you can just braindead your way to victory.

chrono01

so i don't play that much but a few pages back someone said that green odin was a good leader for clearing the tuesday dungeon (which i have never cleared before)

worked great, finally got a few rainbow dudes.
Yeah, tried earlier with a resolve team. It didn't go so well. On Master anyway, Expert was easily doable with my standard team. ~_~

I'm waiting for my Stamina to build up to 30 again and lead with an Orb-Matching healer, a bunch of damage-dealers, and Green Odin as my sub [hopefully one of them remains on my Friend's List]. I really need to evolve my Kirin, I just need a Light Keeper, a Divine Gold Mask, and a few Dub-topalit and 1 Dub-mythlit.

I have two Tamadra just waiting to Awaken her too!

so..
5 hera-is run, 2 hera-is get..
stone tally:
run 1--> 3
run 2 --> 2
run 3 --> 3
run 4 --> 1
run 5 --> 3
plus two stone for stamina refill..
so 3 +2+3+1+3+2 --> 14 stone for 2 hera-is..
meh..
If i had used that packet filter stuff I would have avoided any stoning on run 1,2,3.... thus bringing the tally to 4 stone +2 refills :|
guess i'll be abusing that during my next descended events if the % isn't 100% :p
would love a third hera-is, will try to get into another dungeon tomorrow morning (in 4 hours i should have enough stamina).. I'll just plunge in the dungeon and finish it tomorrow night :X
btw confirming my speculations..
pval is +plusegg value.. :p

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is using that puzzcombo thing risky? Like can they ban me for it? I just want to use it to learn how to make better combos in the endless dungeon. That's really my weakness in this game.

Is using that puzzcombo thing risky? Like can they ban me for it? I just want to use it to learn how to make better combos in the endless dungeon. That's really my weakness in this game.

worst case scenario is that the game will detect it and close. Think that's about it

Is pval only a 0 or 1? I'd think it would indicate which stat is getting a +, not just whether there is one.

i think it's 0 nothing then there's gotta be some indication for the stat where it's getting the +1..
I'll run some test this weekend and keep you guys posted :p

Caerith

i think it's 0 nothing then there's gotta be some indication for the stat where it's getting the +1..
I'll run some test this weekend and keep you guys posted :p
What was your + in? I would guess they'd use (0, 1, 2, 3) for (nothing, HP, ATK, RCV) or somesuch.

Flunkie

Banned
I finally came back to this after not playing for 6 months. Starting totally fresh. Got a couple questions:

1. Have the bottom menu buttons always been this "hard" to press? They don't register very well and have to tap them multiple times to get it to register. iPhone 5S

2. Toytops is a shitty starting monster right?

I finally came back to this after not playing for 6 months. Starting totally fresh. Got a couple questions:

1. Have the bottom menu buttons always been this "hard" to press? They don't register very well and have to tap them multiple times to get it to register. iPhone 5S

2. yes

1. Are you on iOS 7? Try disabling Control Center in apps. I think this gets fixed in 6.1 which is releasing Thursday.

Limit

Puzzcombo is perfectly safe. Nothing malicious is being done to actual game. Just another program is taking a pic and overlaying a line over the game screen.

J0dy77

I took my Bastet to 97 today. I am SUPER tempted to set an alarm for 1 am and run Super Emeralds. I REALLY want to max Bastet, GrOdin, Fortoytops, Chu Chu, Dios, and ADK (not in that order). Susano is supposed to be getting a busty, so I wouldn't mind pumping him, too.

Fucking green...

Green was always my worst color. I pumped up Susano to 90 and never user him/her because i didn't have anything else to use the mats on. But now with tengu and robin and the Susano busty, I'm excited.

As for "win the game" apps, I never would. I want my achievements to mean something, is all. (I don't mean the in-game achievements.)

Ditto

It's definitely ios 7. Turn off the ability to bring up the control center from within apps. Really wish I didn't have to turn that off but better than the constant pressing to register in game.

J0dy77

Side note, anyone in here playing Hearthstone beta? Always wanted to get I to mtg but the cost was too steep and online is more my thing. Loving the beta so far. Would get some casual games with others if you're up for it.

MikeDip

Beat Hera-is, 3 stones, no drop. Blah.

I am 99% sure I can zero stone her now, I got messed up in a few places. I just don't have the stamina to keep trying. Is it worth using stones to refill stamina to keep trying this? Bleh, so torn.

1. I noticed that too when I upgraded from the 4S to 5S. I think it's the phone though because I have the same problem when holding my finger on GAF links to open in new windows. It's hit or miss.

2. Correct. That's a shitty starting roll.

So I got to farm Super Emeralds for about 50 minutes. Got a phone call in the middle of my run. I don't know how many runs I did, but I average less than 1.5 minutes per run. I got 29 Supers and 30 Kings. Don't know how many Highs I got because I had to feed them away to keep box space open for more runs. That slowed my farming too. I was able to level and evolve 3 Tengus feeding only highs and I still have a dozen highs left.

My farm team for all Super Jewels/Metals is Lt.Whiskey/Lt.Whiskey/Dk.Whiskey/Dk.Whiskey/Dk.Golem/Anything

All monsters are max skilled and awoken, giving the Golem a 5 turn activation. Even without a resist/heal/HP/RCV helper this team has enough HP and RCV to survive a first turn invasion for 5 turns to activate Golem and sweep.

Edit: ^^^ Oh didn't know about that issue with control center in iOS 7. I never updated to iOS 7 on my 4S, so I figured it was a 5S issue. Good to know it's a software issue.

chrono01

I finally cleared Keeper of the Rainbow! It took me a nice while since I was being super-careful, but thanks to a Green Odin friend [and a Siren as my leader] I did it. I got the Keeper of Light I needed for Kirin, as well, in addition to the Keeper of Rainbow, of course. Now I just need a few more items and I can [finally] evolve her [and promptly Awaken].

Now here's hoping the Divine Gold Mask and Dub-topalit/Dub-mythlit don't give me issues...

Side note, anyone in here playing Hearthstone beta? Always wanted to get I to mtg but the cost was too steep and online is more my thing. Loving the beta so far. Would get some casual games with others if you're up for it.

MTG becomes cheap when all you do is booster draft, the format's a lot more skill intensive and fun too :)

MikeDip

Gonna use the stones as stamina refresh. I want Hera-is badly haha.

also, I'd love to play hearthstone but didn't get into the beta :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
so..
5 hera-is run, 2 hera-is get..
stone tally:
run 1--> 3
run 2 --> 2
run 3 --> 3
run 4 --> 1
run 5 --> 3
plus two stone for stamina refill..
so 3 +2+3+1+3+2 --> 14 stone for 2 hera-is..
meh..
If i had used that packet filter stuff I would have avoided any stoning on run 1,2,3.... thus bringing the tally to 4 stone +2 refills :|
guess i'll be abusing that during my next descended events if the % isn't 100% :p
would love a third hera-is, will try to get into another dungeon tomorrow morning (in 4 hours i should have enough stamina).. I'll just plunge in the dungeon and finish it tomorrow night :X
btw confirming my speculations..
pval is +plusegg value.. :p

For what it's worth, 2 Hera-Is for 14 stones is better than 3 shit pulls from the REM. Hera-Is is super good.

Nista

I have Hearthstone, haven't been playing it much after the beta wipe so don't have any good decks. :/ It's so much easier to collect PAD monsters.

I'm so happy today I finally got a Hera-Is for my devil team and a Joker to boot. :)

Pacman2k

It only needs to post a 0 or 1 for display purposes.

When you actually get the monster at the end of the dungeon, that is retrieved from the server, so whatever + stat can be transferred then.

I'm not saying it IS this way, I'm just saying there's a logical reason it could be just a bool.

Ult Susanoo and Orochi. PAD is an equal opportunity fanservice provider
BY61L7PCcAEDEum.jpg:large

BY61zlsCcAANeE_.jpg:large

Orochi has also been hitting the hootch apparently

Dispatch

I had to post about my lucky ten minutes with PAD. I don't have a team capable of consistently running the Master level of the Batman Collab, so I've been running expert and hoping for a Joker drop.
Tonight, I had 25 stamina left and knew it was my last chance. I also knew I needed a green keeper for the ultimate evo of ADK. I had to make a choice: Keeper of Green or Batman. I chose the Joker dungeon, and, luckily, got the drop.
Then, I pulled on the PAL machine... and got a Green Keeper and Dragon Fruit.
Sometimes, you can have it all. :)

Caerith

Finally, Susanoo doesn't look terrible.

I had to post about my lucky ten minutes with PAD. I don't have a team capable of consistently running the Master level of the Batman Collab, so I've been running expert and hoping for a Joker drop.
Tonight, I had 25 stamina left and knew it was my last chance. I also knew I needed a green keeper for the ultimate evo of ADK. I had to make a choice: Keeper of Green or Batman. I chose the Joker dungeon, and, luckily, got the drop.
Then, I pulled on the PAL machine... and got a Green Keeper and Dragon Fruit.
Sometimes, you can have it all. :)
Nice! And congrats on ADKZ.

Kreed

Ult Susanoo and Orochi. PAD is an equal opportunity fanservice provider

Orochi has also been hitting the hootch apparently

Based on the art, I'm guessing Orochi won't get any green/yellow sub elements (unless he gets another ultimate like Yomi), which is too bad, as that would have been helpful for green or yellow teams in terms of a delayer option. Susano looks great though. They really should let their new artist(s) go back and redo some of the old characters (old Susano and Orochi, Mystic Ice Knight and Fire Knight's second stages).

MikeDip

Beat hera-is for the third time. Still no drop. I am getting pissed.

Debating on this sticker girl REM on my JP account. I have four rolls, BUT already have a Kirin there so not sure if I want to roll for another Chinese god. The only healer girls I would want is the light one, realistically-without skillups the rest are pretty underwhelming

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Debating on this sticker girl REM on my JP account. I have four rolls, BUT already have a Kirin there so not sure if I want to roll for another Chinese god. The only healer girls I would want is the light one, realistically-without skillups the rest are pretty underwhelming

That REM is pretty nuts, I ended up getting the blue chinese god first try and now I reeeeeeally want to go for a Kirin. 10% chance(?) of getting a Kirin is too good to pass up..

Genji

absolutly. The amount of content you can clear is staggering and its so much quicker than 2xLucy. Not safe though, need to pick where you want to stall. Almost always take an Echidna for emergencies.

I'm definitely coming around to this! I love using 2xLuci because it's straightforward and safe, but man did it take forever to kill Hera-Is (sadly, no drop). I've got an evolved Horus, WR Valk and AA Metatron but haven't made much effort to build up any of those teams. Going to do some research to see which team would be best based on what I have now.

MikeDip

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hera-is is mine.

Took 6 stones total but I am pleased.
First 3 stones were for my first abandoned run I couldn't do, just couldn't heal enough against hera.
I had to use a stone to refresh stamina, but then she didn't drop. Next attempt I died against the chaos dragon and needed another stone, and she didn't drop.

My last stone i used to refresh stamina for one last shot before the dungeon left. 0 stoned this last attempt. Hera-is drops with a +1 to recovery. YAY!

Limit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hera-is is mine.

Took 6 stones total but I am pleased.
First 3 stones were for my first abandoned run I couldn't do, just couldn't heal enough against hera.
I had to use a stone to refresh stamina, but then she didn't drop. Next attempt I died against the chaos dragon and needed another stone, and she didn't drop.

My last stone i used to refresh stamina for one last shot before the dungeon left. 0 stoned this last attempt. Hera-is drops with a +1 to recovery. YAY!

Congrats.

When I was around your level I couldn't even take on Hera, let alone Hera - is.

Top Bottom