• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I'm definitely coming around to this! I love using 2xLuci because it's straightforward and safe, but man did it take forever to kill Hera-Is (sadly, no drop). I've got an evolved Horus, WR Valk and AA Metatron but haven't made much effort to build up any of those teams. Going to do some research to see which team would be best based on what I have now.

Valk is a pretty key part to all three teams and is the number one (by popularity, so you always have friends) "don't think, just match stuff" farmer in the game. If you have to focus on something, focus on her.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Congrats.

When I was around your level I couldn't even take on Hera, let alone Hera - is.

Honestly, without your odin I couldn't have done it. The extra 500 heal and the bind resistance was a godsend. My first failed attempt I just couldn't heal enough against hera-is so all my next attempts I dropped the rainbow keeper and put a junk monster that had high res. That at least gave me a quite easier time against hera-is.

Based on the art, I'm guessing Orochi won't get any green/yellow sub elements (unless he gets another ultimate like Yomi), which is too bad, as that would have been helpful for green or yellow teams in terms of a delayer option. Susano looks great though. They really should let their new artist(s) go back and redo some of the old characters (old Susano and Orochi, Mystic Ice Knight and Fire Knight's second stages).
I was assuming all the JP 1.0 gods were getting two like Kagutsuchi. I also thought they would all be dark and light sub elements but now I'm not so sure. Yomi's second looks like it may be sub green, and I'm seeing sub red for Susano. Can't really tell on any of the others.

Edit: I just had the weirdest set of Super Kings. In nine runs not one king dropped outside of the final level. I don't think that's ever happened to me before. I usually average at least 1.5 gold eggs per run and it's usually closer to 2. Also no kings dropped earlier in eight runs of normal Emerald Dragons. I guess they were just afraid of me today.

Edit 2: Haha well it looks like none of my guesses were right. Two super gold kings for Zeus? That's not cool Gungho...

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131113_sinka.html

mats for the new ults along with the new leader abilities in the upcoming JP version

W/D Vamp - Physical / Devil
Orochi - Physical subtype
Susano - Balanced subtype
Amaterasu - Healer subtype
D/L Tsukuyomi - Attacker subtype
D/D Tsukuyomi - Balanced subtype

D/B Vampire Lord - Dark subs ATK & RCV x2
B/D Vampire Lord - Dark subs ATK x3
L/L Zeus - 100% HP, ATK x3.5
D/L Zeus - HP <40%, Dark subs ATK x4
R/L Gigas - Super Resolve (?!)
D/D Hera - HP > 80%, Demon subs ATK x3.5
B/B Orochi - Super Resolve
G/G Susano - Damage reduction (not sure on %)
L/L Ama - HP auto heal (bigger %?)
D/L Yomi - Light subs ATK x3
D/D Yomi - Extend orbs movement time

coy

Really gonna miss the Batman collab as I thoroughly enjoyed all its fun. Finally decided to roll the Batcha and luck be damned I rolled exactly the rolls I was aiming for. Wanted any Batman on my main and got D/D; hoping for Robin and any Batman on my alt and got Robin then D/L Batman! Was yelling at my lady that a gold egg popped out. Also, after going 0/7 on Master drops on my main, I finally got him on this final day. Relieved to grab him for lazy farming in the future.

Also grats to all the new Hera and Hera-Is owners. Loved the feeling of finally having a gravity for dungeon runs.

Limit

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131113_sinka.html

mats for the new ults along with the new leader abilities in the upcoming JP version

W/D Vamp - Physical / Devil
Orochi - Physical subtype
Susano - Balanced subtype
Amaterasu - Healer subtype
D/L Tsukuyomi - Attacker subtype
D/D Tsukuyomi - Balanced subtype

D/B Vampire Lord - Dark subs ATK & RCV x2
B/D Vampire Lord - Dark subs ATK x3
L/L Zeus - 100% HP, ATK x3.5
D/L Zeus - HP <40%, Dark subs ATK x4
R/L Gigas - Super Resolve (?!)
D/D Hera - HP > 80%, Demon subs ATK x3.5
B/B Orochi - Super Resolve
G/G Susano - Damage reduction (not sure on %)
L/L Ama - HP auto heal (bigger %?)
D/L Yomi - Light subs ATK x3
D/D Yomi - Extend orbs movement time

If only there was no 100% HP condition attached to Zeus he would have risen in popularity as a leader again. Shame. Curious about how bad the cost hikes are going to be. Zeus will probably cost 100. Hera might too.

Zero_IYAD

Duke Vampire Lord gets his main type switched to water in the 2nd Ulti!
Did this ever happen before?! A monster getting his main type changed :eek: !

xCobalt

Just 1 stoned mythical Hera Is with my Kirin team. Was hoping to avoid using a stone but it worked out regardless. Got my chaos blizzard dragon!

Is this going right now? How come it doesn't show in Padguide?

It went up a few hours ago. It's on the REM screen where the Batcha used to be.

Someone rolled 34 and only got 2 gold eggs (2 Kirins though!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3rNjtQyRo

Not sure if that is representative of overall pulls, but I feel that you either A) really need a chinese leader or B) are OK with getting some healer girls to make it worthwhile.

thetechkid

Is there a specific way to build a team around Kushinadahime? I just need to get one or two more material monsters to upgrade her and I wanna build her a team, but I do not know how to go about it. Do I use the mystic knights, have a team of dual types, or is there some other way of building the team?

chrono01

It went up a few hours ago. It's on the REM screen where the Batcha used to be.

Someone rolled 34 and only got 2 gold eggs (2 Kirins though!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3rNjtQyRo

Not sure if that is representative of overall pulls, but I feel that you either A) really need a chinese leader or B) are OK with getting some healer girls to make it worthwhile.
That's just the Aqua Carnival, we have those often with different elements being associated with them. It's weird that someone pulled two Kirin's, though, considering that she's not water-based.

If you're using stones, it's best to wait for a Godfest [like the one that just ended]. It gives you a better chance of receiving a God [3x] as well as access to those with varying elements [Japanese/Archangels/etc.].

razterik

He has 383 stones!

/dead

Wait till you see the ones in the four digit range...

Not sure if I'm dropping my 6-7 JP rolls into the Chinese sticker dragon. Already have Suzaku and don't want to get bored running the same teams there and on the US side. Still is tempting.

razterik

We haven't seen Chinese in the regular US Godfest cycle in a while and we had the pink sticker girl REM not too long ago. GungHo probably wants to fleece us at normal Godfest rates a few more times. Maybe by Christmas we might see something similar, but I'm doubtful we see it at all.

We haven't seen Chinese in the regular US Godfest cycle in a while and we had the pink sticker girl REM not too long ago. GungHo probably wants to fleece us at normal Godfest rates a few more times. Maybe by Christmas we might see something similar, but I'm doubtful we see it at all.

sigh i want myself a byakko and a kirin..
sadpanda :|

chrono01

First run of Room of the Mask Expert and I get my Divine Gold Mask for Kirin. Lucky. Now I just need two Dub-topalit and one Dub-mythlit and I can evolve my Kirin.

I have a feeling that the Dub-mythlit will be problems...

raiot

First run of Room of the Mask Expert and I get my Divine Gold Mask for Kirin. Lucky. Now I just need two Dub-topalit and one Dub-mythlit and I can evolve my Kirin.

I have a feeling that the Dub-mythlit will be problems...

The last Ingredient ALWAYS is a pain... As if the game knows :(
I wish you luck!

Im excited for the 6.1 update, and I hope that updated Gods in JP really get a good stat boost... my 139+ Zeus is screaming for attention...

chrono01

The last Ingredient ALWAYS is a pain... As if the game knows :(
I wish you luck!
Thanks!

Yeah, I fully expect the final piece, regardless of how "rare" it is, to be extremely frustrating to obtain. It doesn't help that I only have 42 stamina, although I will be leveling that up on the coming weekend by running Tower of Giants repeatedly. That I can only get a run every few hours or so for the more high stamina and it's not worth re-filling my stamina when it's so low. ~_~

I just really want to evolve my Kirin [currently at Castle of Satan]. She was the God I pulled from my first REM [upon starting the game], and I even have two Tamadra's to partially Awaken her. Of course I still need Echidna [not having the best of luck on Naga's, hopefully Scarlet Snake Princess comes back soon] as well as a few other members [such as Valkyrie and Hera-Is], but that will have to wait. I'm focusing on one thing at a time here!

Small typo: Gigas gets Perseverance, while Orochi gets Super Perseverance, whatever that may be.

And of course I'm missing a Keeper of Water to do the Orochi busty. And the good Tsukuyomi busty requires an Angelit, of course.

Small typo: Gigas gets Perseverance, while Orochi gets Super Perseverance, whatever that may be.

And of course I'm missing a Keeper of Water to do the Orochi busty. And the good Tsukuyomi busty requires an Angelit, of course.

tsukuyomi needs angelit?
eh.. i was under the impression that it was just needed for hera, zeus and duke vampire :X

about gigas...
I'd be all in if the busty gigas has the SAME stat of red gigas, but has 0 rcv :p That's 500rcv for free and a shitton hp for monored :p

tsukuyomi needs angelit?
eh.. i was under the impression that it was just needed for hera, zeus and duke vampire :X
The "good" evos for Vamp and Yomi aka the ones that give 3xATK need Twinlits.

Also the materials for Zeus and Hera are so bad rofl, two Super Kings and three Twinlits of the respective color.

tsukuyomi needs angelit?

about gigas...
I'd be all in if the busty gigas has the SAME stat of red gigas, but has 0 rcv :p That's 500rcv for free and a shitton hp for monored :p
I'm curious where they're gonna go with Gigas. I'm sure they won't remove the negative RCV entirely, but they may reduce it some. If I remember correctly though, the other heartbreakers stats didn't change very drastically.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just realized I have a LOT of gold XP to use from gold dragon day. I would love some thoughts on where to dump my XP:

Valk (90)
Great Valk (50 -> I know a second Valk would be nice for my healer team, but...)
Zeus
Athena
Venus (light -> I don't intend to evo my second Venus for a while)
Thor (lol)
Verche (67)

I have a bunch of dragons, Genie, and Archangel Meta, too...But the ones above are the ones I imagine are at least useful. I'm trying to think which descended dungeon I need to clear still (besides Tengu Mythical) and which light monsters would be useful.

Caerith

A lot of people are hoping that Gigas gets a dual-type as an Attacker. Negative recovery is fine (actually, desirable), so hopefully they'll increase his HP and ATK some.

Noirulus

Hey PAD-gaf. Looking for some suggestions on what to work on with this box.
mo37IZd.png
L6WGgvx.png

Currently working on evo'ing Echidna but I'd like some suggestions on long term goals.

It'd be nice to have some GAF friends too, my ID is 321,060,208. I usually main Kush/Hades/Odin/AA.

P.S. Fuck Mystic Mask drop rate on Wednesday dungeon. Ughhh!

The "good" evos for Vamp and Yomi aka the ones that give 3xATK need Twinlits.

Also the materials for Zeus and Hera are so bad rofl, two Super Kings and three Twinlits of the respective color.

Yeah it's rough, but the good thing is since they are fed through the power-up window, so you still get the XP for the feeds.

I assume twinlits will give some pretty decent xp as well.

Currently working on evo'ing Echidna but I'd like some suggestions on long term goals.

It'd be nice to have some GAF friends too, my ID is 321,060,208. I usually main Kush/Hades/Odin/AA.

p.s. don't run weekday dungeons w/o 2x drop rates.

I see two teams you could stear towards : Valk Healer and AA. With AA and your dark subs, you should be able to faceroll most of the difficult content. Long term would be to work towards a Valk healer team : Valk, Siren, Echidna, Fairlio.

Noirulus

I see two teams you could stear towards : Valk Healer and AA. With AA and your dark subs, you should be able to faceroll most of the difficult content. Long term would be to work towards a Valk healer team : Valk, Siren, Echidna, Fairlio.

Thanks for the advice. I should probably also work on leveling up because I need to raise my cost to fill out my mono-dark team.

I can't believe Valk's first evo requires two mystic masks. Plain ridiculous.

I'm constantly running out of room,i've got 14 Dragon Flowers,should I sell a few or do I need to hold this many?

no need for that many. You are pretty much guaranteed one per run of Thursday dungeon (due to level 4 always being a dragon flower). I usually hold on to 3 or 4. More if you are mass evo'ing things that need them.

suko_32

Forgot today wasn't 2x day and was wondering why I didn't get my daily Magic Stone. It was too late and I've already run the Wed Dungeon, but luckily got the invade. I do need another mask for the next update but I know I shouldn't push my luck...but I wanna.

Edit: 2/2 on Mystic Mask. Playing with fire.

Caerith

I see a third team: Astaroth counter team. It might not be very desirable now because the skillup mob is in a collab we haven't gotten yet, but it's a pretty neat team otherwise. Astaroth's active skill is 5 turns of 3x counter on a 10 turn cooldown (when maxed, 20 otherwise); with an Astaroth friend, you can switch back and forth keeping that counter up permanently while enemies kill themselves. 4x HP/RCV helps you stay alive while you do it.

I'd go with Lucifer now, but keep Astaroth in mind when or if we get the Shinra Bansho collabs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I see a third team: Astaroth counter team. It might not be very desirable now because the skillup mob is in a collab we haven't gotten yet, but it's a pretty neat team otherwise. Astaroth's active skill is 5 turns of 3x counter on a 10 turn cooldown (when maxed, 20 otherwise); with an Astaroth friend, you can switch back and forth keeping that counter up permanently while enemies kill themselves. 4x HP/RCV helps you stay alive while you do it.

I'd go with Lucifer now, but keep Astaroth in mind when or if we get the Shinra Bansho collabs.

Yup, Asty/Asty is awesome. I love my maxed Asty (I just wish I could skill her and Amon up).

I agree that Luci should be the focus of that box for now. There is NO denying of strong of a leader he is, even with sub-par subs. You already have Hades, so check off one of the most desirable subs (until Hera gets busty). Max skill your Siren, grab a few more Rainbow Keepers, and you can get Hera.

StMeph

Wasted 3 stones with nothing to show for it yesterday on Hera-Is. Will have to wait for that one to come back around.

Stuff now is mostly a matter of slowly accumulating and grinding XP or skills. The XP part is fine, but the skills are burning me out.

Speaking of Asty, I just realized my max skilled Joker gives me a heart making Devil to put on that team. Shame the levels on that team are so low overall...

Wasted 3 stones with nothing to show for it yesterday on Hera-Is. Will have to wait for that one to come back around.

Stuff now is mostly a matter of slowly accumulating and grinding XP or skills. The XP part is fine, but the skills are burning me out.

no kidding. i'm 0 for 7/8 on Ancient Dragon skillups. so brutal

Ducarmel

Was 2x left on I just wanted to evolve some red pengdra and ended up going 5 for 7 for King Dragon I even got 4 high dragons, I had to run it 2 more times then I wanted because I short on Ruby Dragons lol.

NineH

I just wanted to say thanks to Zero_IYAD's beefy Luci as it helped me finally get my Hera-IS. It has taken me 8 attempts with 5 losses in the 1st round, and 2 treasure chests but I finally got it 10 minutes before the dungeon went away. Now I can ignore the hera is descended dungeon until I am brave enough to attempt mythical.

Top Bottom