• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Argh! I was trying to ult evo Zeus-Dios. I put all the components in per pdx. I thought something looked off about the evolve button but did it anyway. What is the recipe?

Zero_IYAD

I just wanted to say thanks to Zero_IYAD's beefy Luci as it helped me finally get my Hera-IS. It has taken me 8 attempts with 5 losses in the 1st round, and 2 treasure chests but I finally got it 10 minutes before the dungeon went away. Now I can ignore the hera is descended dungeon until I am brave enough to attempt mythical.
Glad to know that, congrats : )
Argh! I was trying to ult evo Zeus-Dios. I put all the components in per pdx. I thought something looked off about the evolve button but did it anyway. What is the recipe?
It's a normal Evo, not Ulti
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=650

StMeph

Awesome. Orochi may finally be worth something again and susano worth seething for the first time. Lol

I have to go over the change list. Looks like Zeus still sucks for the most part. Vampire evos might be worth it though.

When was Orochi ever not good? He has the strongest delay in the game, only limited by lack of skill up fodder. The best Sturdy/Perseverance threshold at 50% is nice, but that has been outclassed, mostly because it's not necessary, but also because 4/1/4 style tank teams can now absorb just about anything, and with more flexibility, mainly due to Lucifer. The only reason Orochi's fallen out of favor is because his Leader skill discourages actually leveling him, and the game's powercreep has given us so many high damage Leaders to effectively sweep through any dungeon in the game.

I don't see how any buff to Orochi makes him more useable. Just provide some skill up fodder, and he becomes god-tier Echidna. Stat buffs, expanded awakenings, and sub-elements are just all gravy.

Any dungeon where you can get away with stalling for Orochi's cooldown (more than you'd think, even for spike teams) is a dungeon worth bringing Orochi to. He's a great man and there was a reason he made the top 10 in the JP godfest voting.

He falls into that Venus/Hades/Ceres/Neptune column of "amazing as a sub" that people tend to overlook as they focus solely on huge damage multipliers on lead abilties.

When was Orochi ever not good? He has the strongest delay in the game, only limited by lack of skill up fodder. The best Sturdy/Perseverance threshold at 50% is nice, but that has been outclassed, mostly because it's not necessary, but also because 4/1/4 style tank teams can now absorb just about anything, and with more flexibility, mainly due to Lucifer. The only reason Orochi's fallen out of favor is because his Leader skill discourages actually leveling him, and the game's powercreep has given us so many high damage Leaders to effectively sweep through any dungeon in the game.

I don't see how any buff to Orochi makes him more useable. Just provide some skill up fodder, and he becomes god-tier Echidna. Stat buffs, expanded awakenings, and sub-elements are just all gravy.
If Super Perseverance ends up giving some form of protection against batter attacks he's going back into the tier list easy.

J0dy77

I think you answered your own question. :)

Orochi is definitely a good character but he's been passed by. I used to use him in almost every descended dungeon on burst teams with double delay from Echidna. Most of the newer descended dungeons don't give you enough time to delay or you're better off bringing an extra duel color damage mob. His stats at max level are really poor as a single color. Resolve teams don't work in any of the newer descended dungeons dual to multi-hit skills. And I could easily use a Titan in place of him, the difference of 50%-70% isn't that dramatic if you're purposely running a low HP team.

Thinking about it more, Kirin and Hera-IS are probably the bigger reasons why he's not used (at least by me) anymore. The primary Horus/Kirin or Kirin/Kirin team are Hera-IS, Verche, Echidna and Valk. Without Hera-IS you don't have dark damage for Horus or non Kirin partners and I would take the 35% gravity at 25 or less cooldown and additional stats (1000 HP, 150 dmg and 200 RCV) over the 5 turn delay, that much recovery is a big deal.

Edit: it looks like he's going to be blue/red after the busty which is disappointing. Would have preferred dark to consider replacing hera-is in a Kirin team.

got my mystic mask during my lunch break.

Look like Busty evo's of Artemis and Persephone are in my future.

When does Ammy-Oh and the rest of the japanese gods get their busty evolutions?

Jagernaut

I think you answered your own question. :)

Orochi is definitely a good character but he's been passed by.

Edit: it looks like he's going to be blue/red after the busty which is disappointing. Would have preferred dark to consider replacing hera-is in a Kirin team.

Puzzledragonx shows busty Orochi as blue/blue.

Zero_IYAD

Lies. So many lies.
tumblr_mw7wquC9E41srgzyyo1_500.jpg

troll-sincere-troll.png

chrono01

3 runs in Dungeon of Ruby Dragons, 3 Tamadras sighted, all of 'em dropped @__@ !
Bastet fully awoken just like that :eek:
My first run of this dungeon today gave me a Tamadra as well [Group C]. My second did not, unfortunately, and I didn't have enough Stamina to run it again. ~_~

Flambe

3 runs in Dungeon of Ruby Dragons, 3 Tamadras sighted, all of 'em dropped @__@ !
Bastet fully awoken just like that :eek:

Yeesh, very nice o.o

With my modest cache of super/king Emerald dragons, I'm wondering where to dump the exp. Here are my choices:

73 Fully Awakened GrOdin
17 Isle Dragon Yggdrassil
30 Fertility Deity Ceres (Contemplating bustying her into Dark Ceres for Luci team)
16 Artemis
Have a 50 Parvati that I need to Evolve (damn mystic masks) also
30 Alraune
8 Susano
48 Highlander
31 Dragon Knight
or bite the bullet and dump into Great Valkyrie (38 atm)

There are a few choices there. Odin I use the most currently but he won't see huge gains so I don't know if there's a better long-term one I could focus on.

Here is my Padherder, long-term team leads I see right now are my Kirin, SoD Luci, DA Metatron. Though I've gotten a decent number from last dungeons so I am ignorant on some of the other team compositions I might be missing here =]

StMeph

Here is my Padherder, long-term team leads I see right now are my Kirin, SoD Luci, DA Metatron. Though I've gotten a decent number from last dungeons so I am ignorant on some of the other team compositions I might be missing here =]

Kirin's favorite green monster is Rose Valk. Luci can use Devil Ceres. Parvati and Susano-o are for utility when and where needed. Depending on which teams you run more, I would focus on those. Odin is really good, but you already have the two best leaders in the game, and, between those two, you can clear all the content there is sans Draggie or Tengu (or other new cost-limited dungeons).

Flambe

Kirin's favorite green monster is Rose Valk. Luci can use Devil Ceres. Parvati and Susano-o are for utility when and where needed. Depending on which teams you run more, I would focus on those. Odin is really good, but you already have the two best leaders in the game, and, between those two, you can clear all the content there is sans Draggie or Tengu (or other new cost-limited dungeons).

Okay thanks, Valk it is =] Hate losing exp but she'll be more useful overall

J0dy77

Trying to finish off Hera-Ur with the ruby dungeon today. She was at 80 at the start, 93 now. The 5 million xp curve is so painful.

Need advice, finally got a second tamdra into Valk. What do I do with the next? I'm thinking Goemon fully awoken might get the most benefit. Horus just seems like a waste. Maybe byakko? But I never use her over Horus.

Limit

Need some advice about who to dump my spare + fodder and TAMADRA into. Not pictured cause of the sorting are the usual heartbreakers, Echidna, and Asty. Valk is currently +40 (2).

Who do you use most frequently? That is the strategy I have been employing in feeding my Tamadras away. My Echidna, for instance, is fully awakened despite her not having the best of awakenings.

Also I just saved myself from having to spend a bunch of stones at Legendary Earth thanks to W & W.

Maybe I should wait until Twin Spirits Descended and details about the JP busties comes out so I can buff the most appropriate mons.

Also I almost forgot but I got a second Red Noel specifically to feed to Kagatsuchi but now that I'm actually prepared to do the needful I'm getting cold feet. Still a good idea or no?

Also what is W&W

Caerith

How I do it is like this:

+eggs for HP and RCV to whoever you use most; +eggs for ATK to whoever you use most that is likely to break high defense (so, not Echidna).

Tamadras to whoever best fits these criteria:
a) You use them often and/or on multiple teams
b) It is unreasonable to level/evolve a second one (ie, REM pull or takes like 2M+ exp to level like a heartbreaker).
c) Their awoken skills are desirable. (Double resist bind, poison resist if you're going after a mob who poisons, skill boost, etc are desirable; resist blind and stats not a priority.)
d) It is named Dark Metatron.

razterik

Need some advice about who to dump my spare + fodder and TAMADRA into. Not pictured cause of the sorting are the usual heartbreakers, Echidna, and Asty. Valk is currently +40 (2).

I think the awakenings on Bastet, Yomi and Kirin would be the most desirable in your box. If you use Valk or Kirin, I would plus them. Otherwise, Horus since he is popular in JP.

Kagusutchi is high enough for Thursday runs so unless you have him on another team, feed the Noel to Horus or Suzaku.

Man. I completely forgot Cerberus was an invasion drop in the Dark Whiskey dungeon. I finally got one after running Legend enough times to max skill 2 Dark Whiskeys and a Chaos Blizzard Dragon. That goes to show how rare it is. I really wanted one before, but now it's completely outclassed by Dark Metatron. Though that's another monster that I want and don't have yet.

I'm tapped out in box space until tomorrow. Looking forward to the increase.

+eggs for HP and RCV to whoever you use most; +eggs for ATK to whoever you use most that is likely to break high defense (so, not Echidna).

b) It is unreasonable to level/evolve a second one (ie, REM pull or takes like 2M+ exp to level like a heartbreaker).
c) Their awoken skills are desirable. (Double resist bind, poison resist if you're going after a mob who poisons, skill boost, etc are desirable; resist blind and stats not a priority.)

skills i look for are enchanced orb and -1 skill cooldown. Agreed on stats, most of the time they aren't all that useful

Caerith

skills i look for are enchanced orb and -1 skill cooldown. Agreed on stats, most of the time they aren't all that useful
I mean, stats are nice and all, but skill boost, enhanced orbs, and row damage are so much nicer.

I think the three best mobs, for their awoken skills, are Blue Odin (-3 skill boost, +30% row damage), Green Odin (immune to bind, -2 skill boost, and 500 auto-heal), and Dark Metatron (immune to bind, -2 skill boost, +20% row damage), though I don't know where I'd use Blue Odin except as a stat stick on mono-blue.

ccbfan

Not sure if posted yet but

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Flyingstraightup/New_Ult_Evos_arriving_in_JP

Duke Vampire Lord
Dark/Water; Leader Skill = 2x ATK/RCV for Dark types
Water/Dark, Physical/Devil; Leader Skill = 3x ATK for Dark types

Awoken Zeus
Light/Light; Leader Skill = 3.5x ATK when HP is full
Dark/Light; Leader Skill = 4x ATK for Dark types when HP is below 40%

Red Giant Gigas
Fire/Light; Leader Skill = Skill Resolve Perseverance

Awoken Hera
Dark/Dark; Leader Skill = 3.5x ATK for Devil types when HP is above 80%

Demon Viper Orochi
Water/Water, Physical subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill Resolve Perseverance

Susano no Mikoto
Wood/Wood, Balanced subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill Defence Iron Wall Lore

Amaterasu Ohkami
Light/Light, Healer subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill AutoRecover Miracle

Tsuku Yomi
Dark/Light, Attacker subtype; Leader Skill = 3x ATK for Light types
Dark/Dark, Balanced subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill MoveTime God's Hand

Major upgrades for Vamp, Hera, and Zues.

Gigas got a worthless leader upgrade considering his high HP.

One of Yomi's upgrades are completely useless (Seriously more time to make matches is absolutely useless when you don't have 2 skilled spike leaders)

Other japanese god's leader upgrades are worthless unless they upgrade them a lot. (Like Amu is 8x-10x or Orochi is 25 percent)

Hopefully the japanese gods get a good stat boost cause these Ultimate Evos for them are looking as bad as the ones for Indian Dragon Gods.

I'm going to try to raise a Heartbreaker and see how it goes.If it doesn't take too long I may do more than one. I already put a couple Tamadras in Valk though. Light EXP is too rare to just throw away that much.

I actually decided it was worth it to put +ATK in Echidna. I literally never enter a descended dungeon with a spike team without her, and that extra 500 ATK is a big help. I currently have a small stack of +RCV eggs and no idea where to put them though. I could go with Echidna but her RCV is already pretty high. Lucifer and Horus already have maxed RCV. I was thinking maybe Valk to start building her towards 297, as she is also usually on my spike teams. Another option would be Hera/Hera-Is. They are staples on a Lucifer team and high RCV is crucial there to stall. Any thoughts?

I'm going to try to raise a Heartbreaker and see how it goes.If it doesn't take too long I may do more than one. I already put a couple Tamadras in Valk though. Light EXP is too rare to just throw away that much.

I actually decided it was worth it to put +ATK in Echidna. I literally never enter a descended dungeon with a spike team without her, and that extra 500 ATK is a big help. I currently have a small stack of +RCV eggs and no idea where to put them though. I could go with Echidna but her RCV is already pretty high. Lucifer and Horus already have maxed RCV. I was thinking maybe Valk to start building her towards 297, as she is also usually on my spike teams. Another option would be Hera/Hera-Is. They are staples on a Lucifer team and high RCV is crucial there to stall. Any thoughts?
I think Hera/Hera-Is have more staying power than Valk. Valk's really good now, but she's really just one update away from obsolescence. Ultra Gravity, though, is something that probably will be useful for as long as this game is around, barring any anti-gravity abilities.

Caerith

Well, HP and RCV are all pooled together anyway, so no harm giving the extra RCV eggs to Echidna. I only wouldn't prioritize giving her ATK eggs because ATK is calculated on a mob-by-mob basis; Echidna has such a low base ATK that even with an extra 500 she might not be able to crack some defenses.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really want a mystic mask to upgrade my new Hera-is. No luck so far today but I should have enough stamina before the day is over for one more shot. I'm not expecting the drop.

BlueSteel

Not sure if posted yet but

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Flyingstraightup/New_Ult_Evos_arriving_in_JP

Duke Vampire Lord
Dark/Water; Leader Skill = 2x ATK/RCV for Dark types
Water/Dark, Physical/Devil; Leader Skill = 3x ATK for Dark types

Awoken Zeus
Light/Light; Leader Skill = 3.5x ATK when HP is full
Dark/Light; Leader Skill = 4x ATK for Dark types when HP is below 40%

Red Giant Gigas
Fire/Light; Leader Skill = Skill Resolve Perseverance

Awoken Hera
Dark/Dark; Leader Skill = 3.5x ATK for Devil types when HP is above 80%

Demon Viper Orochi
Water/Water, Physical subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill Resolve Perseverance

Susano no Mikoto
Wood/Wood, Balanced subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill Defence Iron Wall Lore

Amaterasu Ohkami
Light/Light, Healer subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill AutoRecover Miracle

Tsuku Yomi
Dark/Light, Attacker subtype; Leader Skill = 3x ATK for Light types
Dark/Dark, Balanced subtype; Leader Skill = upgraded version of Skill MoveTime God's Hand

Major upgrades for Vamp, Hera, and Zues.

Gigas got a worthless leader upgrade considering his high HP.

One of Yomi's upgrades are completely useless (Seriously more time to make matches is absolutely useless when you don't have 2 skilled spike leaders)

Other japanese god's leader upgrades are worthless unless they upgrade them a lot. (Like Amu is 8x-10x or Orochi is 25 percent)

Hopefully the japanese gods get a good stat boost cause these Ultimate Evos for them are looking as bad as the ones for Indian Dragon Gods.

man, it's gonna be great collecting all those new upgrade materials from the descendeds (not.)

Musan

Preliminary data has the new descend requiring 150 stamina.
3 floor dungeon, with the new evo mat having 999999 defense, 77777 life, auto heal, and preemptive shield.

I actually doubt it would be that bad though, I remember the first info about Athena making it out to be difficult as all hell.

3 floor dungeon, with the new evo mat having 999999 defense, 77777 life, auto heal, and preemptive shield.

I actually doubt it would be that bad though, I remember the first info about Athena making it out to be difficult as all hell.
That sounds pretty much impossible.

Anubis could do it, I guess. Maybe Ra, with a big combo.

Caerith

Supposing it was true, either Neptune poison (if the auto-heal is limited) or stalling long enough to activate Top Droiddragon and just kill it.

Probably not true, though.

Limit

This info sounds believable to me. 150 stamina is a logical bump from 99 stamina. The enemy stats don't look that bad either assuming their attack power is low enough to stall. Otherwise only very specific multiplier teams will be able to get the job done here.

If the stamina requirement turns out to be true then I'm suspecting that Zeus ultimate will turn out to have a team cost of 150 instead of 100.

Pre-emptive shield rules out any poison or armor break strategies, and that astronomical HP (for that defense) rules out chipping them away.

If this info is true, the only way to beat them is to use a crazy-strong spike team.

Thought about posting it last night but it just sounds like a hot load of bullshit especially considering you need three to evolve Zeus and Hera, meaning you need 6 clears on average to get the drops you need.

quin

Thought about posting it last night but it just sounds like a hot load of bullshit especially considering you need three to evolve Zeus and Hera, meaning you need 6 clears on average to get the drops you need.

I want to agree with this. None of the evolutions are worth that much unless their stats are also increased by a lot.

Top Bottom