• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's this? Dark Valkyrie? o_O

Edit: Never mind, tweet deleted.

It was an EXACT recolor of Rose Valk, so definitely fake.

doesn't matter except for hp i guess. i just want the x10 multiplier really. sadly i have eother my noel or my starter to pair it woth, which one has more survivability? x20 damage would be great, but only works of i get it off.

Mine is up. I can also put up my Bastet?

I'm actually looking forward to evoing my green and red knights.

Also, who hasn't traded their presents yet?

log@GAF@PG if you have me on your friend list already.

Flunkie

Banned
I have rerolled about 20 times now trying to get back into this and I've been getting the worst of luck. I was happy when I first started playing to get Alrurane as my starter. Now I want nothing but those in the OP. You've ruined me.

Looks like I missed a wave of present trading. If anyone still has a present to trade, I'm GC@GAF 380,833,292. My friend list is full, so if you're not already on my list let me know so I can open a spot.

The Monster Box looks cramped now. After looking at it for a while, I think it's the "Lv. Max" that really looks scrunched, and that makes the whole box space feel claustrophobic to me as a result.
I like it more now. There are only 2 attributes that alternate now, awakenings and +stats. I'd ideally want everything visible without cycling views. Having to wait for different attributes to cycle through really slowed down browsing of the monster box. I've even accidentally sold +monsters because the +stat attribute wasn't actively showing when I did so.

Elemental and Knight busties should also be in, but lol who would want to waste the mats to do that.
I just bustied 3 Knights. :'(

They actually get awakenings and a big boost in stats, but that 3mil exp curve... I just did it because I could though. I max skilled one of each color but stopped using them ever since I max skilled a Dark Golem, and the busty Ogres work better for the conditional technical dungeons. I'll probably never max level any of them unless a specific use for them ever came up.

xCobalt

I have rerolled about 20 times now trying to get back into this and I've been getting the worst of luck. I was happy when I first started playing to get Alrurane as my starter. Now I want nothing but those in the OP. You've ruined me.

This is one of the reasons why I dislike placing so much emphasis on the first roll. I know a couple of people who tried doing it and simply got burnt out and never really got into the game.

My first two starting rolls were 2 Ceres. Definitely not the most sought after monster but I've managed to clear a lot of ingame content already. Sure, things could be easier with Lucifer but its definitely not as fun when some dungeons have 0 risks.

Looks like I missed a wave of present trading. If anyone still has a present to trade, I'm GC@GAF 380,833,292. My friend list is full, so if you're not already on my list let me know so I can open a spot.

I can trade with you.

Flunkie

Banned
This is one of the reasons why I dislike placing so much emphasis on the first roll. I know a couple of people who tried doing it and simply got burnt out and never really got into the game.

My first two starting rolls were 2 Ceres. Definitely not the most sought after monster but I've managed to clear a lot of ingame content already. Sure, things could be easier with Lucifer but its definitely not as fun when some dungeons have 0 risks.

I can trade with you.
I mean I have been getting like Golems and shit. I've never seen so many green stars in my life.

I knew someone who adhered way too closely to the tier list (I am guilty of this as well) who quit early into 5.x because she only ever got Persephones, Ammys, Grodins, and Ras from the REM, which were not very good starters at the time. Now look at where they are: Grodin and Persephone are beefcakes, Ra gets called up for multiple descendeds, and Ammy has a new lease on life thanks to her forthcoming Hatsune Miku busty.

Caerith

So, the OP says to reroll because "anything [not listed here] is just gimping yourself." My first pull was Succubus. I kept her and pressed on. I'm not gimped in the slightest. GungHo hands out like 20 stones a month, and the sooner you get into the game the sooner you start collecting those. You'll have plenty of chances to pull in the future.

If you're going to insist on starting over until you make a perfect pull, then just quit now and wait until there's a godfest. Why waste your time pulling the REM during normal rates when you can try pulling with better rates and with a chance of getting Odin or Metatron (neither of whom are even available outside of godfest)?

(That said, I disagree with "the list" in the OP. Isis is really weak-- she's a conditional 3x, when you can get "always on" 3x leaders all over the place. OP leaves out Ra (and Anubis) because he is "not suited for beginners," but it's not like a beginner can even use a god so, really, they're gods to grow into. Plus curious omissions... but ah well, it's your time.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So, the OP says to reroll because "anything [not listed here] is just gimping yourself." My first pull was Succubus. I kept her and pressed on. I'm not gimped in the slightest. GungHo hands out like 20 stones a month, and the sooner you get into the game the sooner you start collecting those. You'll have plenty of chances to pull in the future.

If you're going to insist on starting over until you make a perfect pull, then just quit now and wait until there's a godfest. Why waste your time pulling the REM during normal rates when you can try pulling with better rates and with a chance of getting Odin or Metatron (neither of whom are even available outside of godfest)?

(That said, I disagree with "the list" in the OP. Isis is really weak-- she's a conditional 3x, when you can get "always on" 3x leaders all over the place. OP leaves out Ra (and Anubis) because he is "not suited for beginners," but it's not like a beginner can even use a god so, really, they're gods to grow into. Plus curious omissions... but ah well, it's your time.)

While you're entitled to your opinion, I would have never started with Succubus. Also, free stones are great, but it's nowhere near 20 a month. And rerolling at the start is a free REM pull for a really good starter at no cost but a little time. To start with a less than A tier God is silly. If you're serious about clearing Mythical dungeons, why not take one factor out of the equation and reroll for a strong God?

Also, you don't pull for an Odin or Metatron. They are insanely rare. If you get one, consider yourself very lucky. I started with GrOdin because him and Amaterasu were considered great starters. I rerolled for a LONG time, ha.

And that list changes with new updates, sure...But Luci, Kirin, and Horus are still incredible leaders. Isis, Bastet, Ra, #onetruegod, etc are also great, but for different reasons. The reason nobody would say start with Gabriel or Parv isn't because they aren't good Gods...It's because there are ether Gods available.

E: I haven't updated to make changes with the new busties or Chinese Gods, either.

Also, when you start playing, of course you grow into your Gods. The idea is STILL based around the fact that your first pull is free...Pulling for an S tier lead is just smart. Nobody ever says it's EASY or fun, but it makes spending money less of an issue. As a relatively heavy IAP player, I look at things different than others, but I would never settle for a gimpy starting pull. It's just not worth the hassle when you get that freebie.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's...Well, wrong/skewed.

E2: Was on phone typing this post, sorry. I'm still standing by the fact that if you intend to go further than the basic dungeons for a fun romp in the match 3 world, you really need to be smart about the first roll. It's a free $5. When I first started, the ONLY thing I knew was that the best gods to start with were Amaterasu, GrOdin, and one or two others. I didn't know about rolling only during Godfests or how to power level. I knew I enjoyed the game enough to spend money on it, so that's why I am where I am now (and I don't want to think about how much money I've spent, ha).

What I guess I'm saying is that throwing away that first roll is stupid if you want to clear something like Zeus Dios, Goddess Mythical, or Hera-Is Mythical. Things like that. Sure, you're going to need to pull more than once to get a team that can 0-stone the super hard dungeons, but like I said above, getting a Kirin or Luci at the start is the best thing you can do for yourself as it takes out the randomness of the REM. I only got my Luci during the Carinval of Likes...And I pulled like a mad man when he first came out. The same thing happened with Kirin. So it cost me money that I could have saved had I just started playing when those two Gods came out (I would have picked the one I wanted more and restarted until I got him/her).

But also, I do agree that the list is out of date. I'll update it eventually - some of the new gods are actually fantastic starters.

i agree with nicoga..
my starter was shiva..
and by the time my team cost allowed to fit him into my team... I realized that he was not that hot..
he's good mind you, but situational, mostly for his active :)

as a matter of fact at one point i hit a wall and had to rebuild my team...

I agree about Isis. She really shouldn't be top tier with all the Valks/Hera-Urs/ADKZs out there also giving 3x ATK. If the list were about good leaders to start with she'd be perfect, but it's supposed to be about rolling for a god that will get you through the end game, which Isis just can't do.

While you're entitled to your opinion, I would have never started with Succubus. Also, free stones are great, but it's nowhere near 20 a month. And rerolling at the start is a free REM pull for a really good starter at no cost but a little time. To start with a less than A tier God is silly. If you're serious about clearing Mythical dungeons, why not take one factor out of the equation and reroll for a strong God?

I think his stone estimate is pretty spot on. Other than this last event the schedule has for the most part been 8 days on, 6 days off which is only slightly less than 20 stones a month. Add in log-in bonuses and I'd say 20 is pretty accurate.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I agree about Isis. She really shouldn't be top tier with all the Valks/Hera-Urs/ADKZs out there also giving 3x ATK. If the list were about good leaders to start with she'd be perfect, but it's supposed to be about rolling for a god that will get you through the end game, which Isis just can't do.

I think his stone estimate is pretty spot on. Other than this last event the schedule has for the most part been 8 days on, 6 days off which is only slightly less than 20 stones a month. Add in log-in bonuses and I'd say 20 is pretty accurate.

Isis is not as good as a Valk, Ur, or other type dependent 3x leads, but she IS combo dependent...Meaning she's a gimpy Horus. You don't need incredible subs to make use of her active. But I guess she could be put with the "if you're that sick of rerolling, go with her" tier.

And maybe you're right on stones, but I think it's closer to 15 even. You don't get log-in bonuses very often when you're on day 3xx, ha.

Basically the starting roll is predicated by the notion that you'll eventually pull an S-class monster... but that "eventually" can be a looooong ass time. You risk burning out playing the boring tutorial or quitting because your team sucks shit and can't outrace anything past Expert difficulty.

As gaffer examples of the two extremes, ParityBit spent months rolling pissers before he finally got an Isis, but doesn't seem to play that often anymore. On the flip side, Emalde took a month rerolling in the US before he settled on a Shiva, who is barely even considered a B-class god now, and quit to go whale on JP immediately afterwards.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Basically the starting roll is predicated by the notion that you'll eventually pull an S-class monster... but that "eventually" can be a looooong ass time. You risk burning out playing the boring tutorial or quitting because your team sucks shit and can't outrace anything past Expert difficulty.

As gaffer examples of the two extremes, ParityBit spent months rolling pissers before he finally got an Isis, but doesn't seem to play that often anymore. On the flip side, Emalde took a month rerolling in the US before he settled on a Shiva, who is barely even considered a B-class god now, and quit to go whale on JP immediately afterwards.

This is also VERY true.

I wish it were easier to reroll as the updates have made it take a lot longer now than before. I'm sure there's a way to speed it up through copying data files and such, but otherwise, it's a sloooow process. Godfests are definitely the best time to do it.

Which reminds me...

I still have an iOS account with Luci and Hades on it. It's my iPad account that I don't play anymore. I need to figure out what to do with it. :p

uhm you're using monored on ancient dark?
with ares as lead?
Mono color teams crush those ancient dragons as long as you can take out those 5th floor demons right away. I think I used a mono-something team to beat all five of them. Granted you need a good amount of HP to tank through the one turn bosses (probably 30k to be safe).

And maybe you're right on stones, but I think it's closer to 15 even. You don't get log-in bonuses very often when you're on day 3xx, ha.
True, but 10 stones every 50 days is an extra 6 a month.

By the way, I got my 300 day bonus the day after the Batcha disappeared. No D/D Batman for me.

i agree with nicoga..
my starter was shiva..
and by the time my team cost allowed to fit him into my team... I realized that he was not that hot..
he's good mind you, but situational, mostly for his active :)

as a matter of fact at one point i hit a wall and had to rebuild my team...

yeah Shiva is a little dated, but not THAT bad. He was one of my first pulls and helped me clear a ton back when mono colored teams were a thing. He has pretty solid stats for HP and ATK, I generally through him on a team when I need a high HP sub. Plus the awakenings are good as well.

...and I started with a Marine Rider, followed up with a MIK. Nither of those are even leader-worthy. I used my red sub and went gimped mono until i pulled Shiva and Parv.

Top Bottom