• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Anger Bird

Waldean" post="421860156 said:
Facebook has the Angry Birds collaboration stuff up:

Red bird:
AS: Uzume skill up
LS: Atk type HP/Atk/Rcv x1.5

Blue bird:
AS: Neptune skill up
LS: x2.5 when simultaneously attacking with Fire/Water/Wood

Green bird:
AS: Kano skill up
LS: Balance HP & Atk x1.5

Yellow bird:
AS: Valk skill up
LS: Light atk x2 above 50% HP

White bird:
AS: Immune to dark for 1 turn (non skill up)
LS: HP rcv after removing drops

Black bird:
AS: Kurone skill up
LS: Dark counter sometimes after taking damage

Wingman
AS: Water & Fire atk up for 5 turns
LS: 2x Fire and Water atk

hooray for sticker girls?
Blue bird is amazing for both of its skills holy shit. If it's 10 cost or less the US now has a replacemt for Zelly Angel for running the conditional descendeds.

Caerith

Mono color teams crush those ancient dragons as long as you can take out those 5th floor demons right away. I think I used a mono-something team to beat all five of them. Granted you need a good amount of HP to tank through the one turn bosses (probably 30k to be safe).

True, but 10 stones every 50 days is an extra 6 a month.

By the way, I got my 300 day bonus the day after the Batcha disappeared. No D/D Batman for me.
There are also the "free" stones from one-time dungeons, but the point isn't how many stones we get.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's...Well, wrong/skewed.
Well, that'll save me a lot of typing.

J0dy77

Anger Bird

Blue bird is amazing for both of its skills holy shit. If it's 10 cost or less the US now has a replacemt for Zelly Angel for running the conditional descendeds.

Holy shit at the ability to skill up Neptune, that's great. But is the leader skill really that good? 2.5x by itself isn't going to do much for you. I'll stick with the Batman team for low cost dungeons.

NEPTUNE SKILL UP?

Oh yeah, PLEASE be a dungeon collab, and PLEASE drop evo'd birds. I've spent months getting all the evo mats for my Groovecoaster Artemis skill ups and I don't know if I can take more months of this for Neptune... (especially since Artemis is just 3 dragon flowers, I bet this one will involve Lits, keepers AND masks...)

Holy shit at the ability to skill up Neptune, that's great. But is the leader skill really that good? 2.5x by itself isn't going to do much for you. I'll stick with the Batman team for low cost dungeons.
Oh yeah, forgot about the bats. A mini spike team option never hurt, I guess?

J0dy77

You're entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's...Well, wrong/skewed.

These conversations seem to come up whenever a newer or returning player asks what they should do with their current monster box. There is no wrong answer. If you've spent a lot of time into an account without an Elite Tier mob or have put real money into the game stick with it. If you just started and don't really care about what you've done and want to ensure long term success, reroll.

I'm in the group that thinks you should reroll if it is early enough in your playtime. I've played the game for over 300 days and have had countless bad rolls. However, I have gotten lucky along the way and you only need to get lucky one or two times. My first mob on my account was Ceres who's not even on a tier list. I've pulled Neptune, Horus, Byakko, Viper and Hermes as the only notable pulls along the way. So think about 300 days worth or rolls, dungeon clears, free stones, bonus login stones and I've only gotten 5 coveted monsters. If that Horus roll is another Golem or Knight I probably wind up dumping the game because I couldn't clear half of the dungeons I have without Horus. The game is fundamentally flawed towards these coveted rare mobs that for Gungho's benefit only come out of the REM.

Like most of this game it comes down to luck. Do you think you'll get lucky and pull a God Tier along the way? I know Zero's decision to stick with his box that he put a lot of time into worked out, worked out for Caerith and I as well. It can happen but you're definitely rolling the dice on long term success.

Edit: can we save or link these pages somewhere so we stop having these debates and just point people to a generic message like this, "Some people will tell you to reroll, some will say stick with it. The only question for you is, Do you feel lucky punk? Well... do ya?"

Kreed

I have rerolled about 20 times now trying to get back into this and I've been getting the worst of luck. I was happy when I first started playing to get Alrurane as my starter. Now I want nothing but those in the OP. You've ruined me.

That was my first roll actually, before I started participating in this thread and I was too far along in the game to reroll. It would have been "nice" to have rerolled and gotten something stronger to start with but when I started playing we didn't even have the Egyptian gods yet, so the most I would have been rerolling for was gods that have dropped to the lower levels of the tier lists. That being said reroll isn't necessary, it's just a suggestion for people who refuse to spend money on this game and want to guarantee themselves a "good" roll from the machine. Honestly f you haven't gotten something you want within a day or two of playing I'd just jump into the game. There's plenty of "free" monsters that you can farm/get to help you clear most of the content until you can pull one of the more sought after monsters.

Anger Bird

As someone who hasn't been able to pull a Neptune, I am really hoping blue bird has good/decent stats (at least better than Lilith).

Oh snap! Guess I'll be farming for blue birds.

Hopefully you won't have to evolve it before you can access its skill, but ha for me even thinking that.

E: Oh, and I got D/L Batman on the very last day of Batcha with my last 5 stones. I caught 'em all!
I'm never doing that shit again for any non-Batman monsters.

Also, as far as no-IAP players go their end goal has changed. Last year when the game first released it was:
1. Farm a Vampire, Siren, and Echidna
2. Build a 4x Dark team that can take down Zeus in under 8 stones

But by the end of this year it'll be more like:
1. Farm a Pierdra and Echidna and get a Noel Dragon Bleu
2. Get Hera-Is, Goemon, and Valkyrie with as few stones as possible
3. Roll that gold dragon with event stones until you get either a spike leader or Luci

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There are also the "free" stones from one-time dungeons, but the point isn't how many stones we get.

Well, that'll save me a lot of typing.

I don't mean it like that, haha. I just mean it in that it's silly NOT to take the freebie early on. Why not take advantage of it when you can considering you're going to get GungTrolled later on? ;)

Tobe

is there a good balance type team? cause ive noticed i got a lot of them. mystics knight from my rem pulls and regular knight almost up there to evolve into barons

linsivvi

Actually I don't think we've gone a full week without an event for months so I think 20 stones is pretty accurate. Most of the time we have a down time of 3-4 days.

FWIW my starting rolls were Amon and Sasuke, which I never use....

Super Perseverance does not live up to its name and only lowers the threshold to 40%. Orochi gets a huge +1500 HP buff though.

hence lowering his buff.. :|
orochi was like siren with perseverance...
but...
they bustied him when most people will just keep him @ lvl as low as possible? lame :X

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
is there a good balance type team? cause ive noticed i got a lot of them. mystics knight from my rem pulls and regular knight almost up there to evolve into barons

Depending on the dungeon, I'll run:

Chu/Chu + Fortoytops/King Woodsie/GrOdin/colored knight

I may sub out GrOdin for another knight if I need it.

hence lowering his buff.. :|
orochi was like siren with perseverance...
but...
they bustied him when most people will just keep him @ lvl as low as possible? lame :X

His stats may make him useful as a sub again, though. Maybe...

Jiraiza

So the time has finally come for Raphael's skill-up. And it'll only cost me 100 stamina for a 50% chance of getting the drop every time. As expected of GungHo, the Light hater.

Kreed

Most people running Balance go with x3 Spike team leaders (Cu Chulainn or Kamui) with King Woodsie (or GC Crab) to enhance their strength further. But you could also run Idunn & Idunna, Chiyome, and Homura as leads and more spread out multipliers. If you run Cu Chulainn and King Woodsie though, you could benefit from green typing and go with all green balance monsters.

muu

anyone on my list able to put up a 1/2 dmg dark leader w/o white sub? (Ripper Dark dragon, DD Hades, etc) got 2 more skillups to go on caolila that I'm trying to get before that dungeon expires again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
anyone on my list able to put up a 1/2 dmg dark leader w/o white sub? (Ripper Dark dragon, DD Hades, etc) got 2 more skillups to go on caolila that I'm trying to get before that dungeon expires again.

Did the updates to leader skills go live? D/L Hades should be 55% reduction now instead of 50% (not as good as the 60%, but still). And I think Dark Ceres is the same way.

muu

Did the updates to leader skills go live? D/L Hades should be 55% reduction now instead of 50% (not as good as the 60%, but still). And I think Dark Ceres is the same way.

Could have. I was using someone's Neptune and noticed it doing less damage than previously. Devils and Caolila herself flash binds you though which is the real issue.

Put up Neptune, I think we're already friends?

Got in, thanks a bunch!

then i'll rephrase..
worth max skilling caot-ila?
he seems sort of decent to me, but mostly as a stat stick..
he may fit into a luci team due to enormous hp and decent rcv.. the spammable skill can help during long drawn fight..
dunno frankly...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
then i'll rephrase..
worth max skilling caot-ila?
he seems sort of decent to me, but mostly as a stat stick..
he may fit into a luci team due to enormous hp and decent rcv.. the spammable skill can help during long drawn fight..
dunno frankly...

If you've got him on farm, you could save a few up and try and do it, sure. Most of those dragons are super situational. If you do have them max skilled, they're MUCH more useful.

If you've got him on farm, you could save a few up and try and do it, sure. Most of those dragons are super situational. If you do have them max skilled, they're MUCH more useful.

eh guess i'll try..
it takes really a bunch of stamian that i'd rather devote on dragon run :X

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
eh guess i'll try..
it takes really a bunch of stamian that i'd rather devote on dragon run :X

So do that. They are NOT necessary like, ever...Spend your stam where it's more fitting for you. When we're off events, I blow stam on these runs whenever I can. But when an event hits, I typically don't even touch these dragons.

J0dy77

For anyone on iOS that might have missed the patch notes. They fixed the problems we talked about yesterday with Control Center. You can turn it back on within apps. I haven't had a problem since the update.

it's worth it to max out his awakenings and get some skillups. Plus the Moltdras give solid XP

i sent you mine earlier. eh?

Hmmm, never got it. You sure it was me? 391,130,292?

No matter, I'll shoot you mine now.

For anyone on iOS that might have missed the patch notes. They fixed the problems we talked about yesterday with Control Center. You can turn it back on within apps. I haven't had a problem since the update.

Hmmm, never got it. You sure it was me? 391,130,292?

No matter, I'll shoot you mine now.

strange...pretty sure i sent it to you. Were you running Horus this morning? Thanks though!

edit : got it, thanks again. Thanks for the free +6 Gungho! I'm all for more giveaways like that!! I have 3 Tamdaras now, thinking about going all in with Valk. Any objections?

Top Bottom