• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Althane

Note that you don't get Light pengdra from the light technical dungeon and since the regular light mobs give you mediocre xp, you will be much better off running the first 3 technical dungeons and evolve the RGB pengdras and feed your light ripper without the 1.5 bonus.

Well, I should really read the dungeon descriptions. Was wondering why I kept getting green pengdras.

Well, at least I have a surplus of ruby and sapphire dragons to evolve pengdras. Now I just need more dragon evo mats

Kreed

went into Gold Angry Birds and forgot about the dark bind... nothing more frustrating than having the boss be less than 5% and being 1 turn out from having Echidna ready...

it was easy up to that point though and I did not get an evo'd blues drop so I'll try again in 8 hours... then a level up and two more runs!

Time for a content roadmap post since there's been a lot of content and content announcements dropping in both PADs recently. The dashed lines represent where each version is at currently. Note that this only represents "canon" content and doesn't include collabs and events, and that the order listed here isn't necessarily the order we'll get them.

-- US --
OOPart dragons
Pierdra dungeon
Super Gold dungeon
Sticker girl "buffs"
Second round of JP Series 2 buffs (this might already be in)
JP Series 1 + Vamp Lord, Gigas busties
Dragoncaller Sonia in REM
Celestial Paradise / Fagan
Chasers in Mechdragons
Super Dragon Rush (various fortnight dragons)
True Endless Corridors
Draggie Descended
Take-Minakata Descended
Beelzebub Descended
Twinlits Descended + associated busties
-- JP--
Pirate dragons (in progress)
Horus/Isis busties
Color variation(s) for Valkyrie, now apparently the patron saint of PAD
Team save slot expansion
Challenge mode
"Bomb" skill update

A lot of stuff to look forward to.

Zero_IYAD

went into Gold Angry Birds and forgot about the dark bind... nothing more frustrating than having the boss be less than 5% and being 1 turn out from having Echidna ready...
Thank you for posting this!
Just cleared it with no troubles, kept attacking till it went down to almost 55% HP & then double Gravity + double MS & took it down.

Thank you for posting this!
Just cleared it with no troubles, kept attacking till it went down to almost 55% HP & then double Gravity + double MS & took it down.

I had Grav, Grav, Double MS and it left him at 10% with three turns until he got a turn (which was going to be an attack due to his charge state) so I was 5 turns from Dark bind) and just could not do it, got about halfway and died, I should have tanked a bit more after the two gravities and waited for echidna to come back so that I could pop that after the dark bind.

EDIT:
Chasers in Mechdragons
We would have to get the Mechdragons to return before we would even have a chance at the chasers, they might even be in there already we have no way of knowing, instead we need the legendary dragons for the fourth time...

Fire Mechdragon Betelguese is my eternal shame in my monster book. And when friends see them they ask "what are those"?

I hope they don't screw up Horus' artwork. I love his current look. And if they update Isis I may actually evolve and max her. I don't have anything else taking up blue exp (other than future vamp and Hera Is for awakenings).

Not sure what the point of blue Valk is, but I already bustied my second Valk to green so I guess I can just reverse that at some point.

I've got 1 max level/skill Yomi, and I was saving a second Yomi for an Awakening. I guess I'll just do both evos instead. I'm just debating which way to evolve my max skill Yomi.

They really need a set of jammerbreaker monsters. Hate getting color->jammer'd when there are only two orbs of that color on the board.
Or they could introduce a forced delay.. Like a monster casting jammer has 2 cd to his next move,so you are forced to do a board sweep, but have a 1 turn leeway to rebuild the board

Or they could introduce a forced delay.. Like a monster casting jammer has 2 cd to his next move,so you are forced to do a board sweep, but have a 1 turn leeway to rebuild the board
Doesn't solve the problem where 1-2 orbs on your board are now useless because you can't match away the jammers until you encounter another monster that jams you.

linsivvi

Doesn't solve the problem where 1-2 orbs on your board are now useless because you can't match away the jammers until you encounter another monster that jams you.

Right now the only solution is to rely on the awoken ability. Fully awoken Kirin plus Minerva sub provides 80% resistance.

personally i think you can take them into account just fine :)
it's just that you can use an extra turn to move those jammer in a more convenient location of the board :p

personally i think you can take them into account just fine :)
it's just that you can use an extra turn to move those jammer in a more convenient location of the board :p

it's not about being convenient, its about not being able to clear them.....ever. The only way to clear them is some 'change all board to X,Y,Z' and that's it.

Would like to see a jammerbreaker or something, but very limited use really

it's not about being convenient, its about not being able to clear them.....ever. The only way to clear them is some 'change all board to X,Y,Z' and that's it.

Would like to see a jammerbreaker or something, but very limited use really
You could pair it up with another orb changer ability; for example heartbreak+jammerbreak at 6cd would probably be balanced.

Good thing I never did anything with my second Yomi and Valk!

E: Also, since I don't have Kirin, I can't wait for Ultimate Horus. Even if it's nothing but an additional color, that should add some versatility to his party design.

Well, looks like I'll be farming through the AB dungeons as well.

Was able to get a 2nd Valk last time she dropped by. We haven't heard anything of poring coming back, so my best bet is to get these yellow birds to skill her up.

I could totally use the green bird as a low cost leader too. I've got a bunch of maxed low lvl green pets to slot in. Only reason I would try is to let me evo my D/D Batman, and other dark pets that I want to awaken others with.

Blue Bird will do nicely on my JP Bastet team, too. Will finally be able to take down Hera!

Blue Valk would be a nice replacement for Hera-Is or whatever other Water monster people use on Kirin teams. So glad GH made it much easier to reverse ultimate evos. Gonna change my second Rose Valk to Blue.

They really need a set of jammerbreaker monsters. Hate getting color->jammer'd when there are only two orbs of that color on the board.

New element types: jammer & poison. lol

Crappy recovery and hp stats, but outrageous atk stats. BELIEVE!

And wtf at the new Valk? Bent-legged, looks like she has to go pee-looking Valk.

That Valk doesn't look legit. Which evos have been THAT close to an earlier iteration with a palette swap?
My guess at the reason for that design is because in my--and probably many others'--opinion, Princess Valk has a much better design than Rose Valk, and the latter was introduced almost immediately after Princess Valk was available, so hardly anyone had Princess Valk (or King Siegfried or the third evo Cu Chulainn) for any real amount of time.

My guess at the reason for that design is because in my--and probably many others'--opinion, Princess Valk has a much better design than Rose Valk, and the latter was introduced almost immediately after Princess Valk was available, so hardly anyone had Princess Valk (or King Siegfried or the third evo Cu Chulainn) for any real amount of time.
Yeah I honestly didn't even evolve Great Valk until she got her ultimate. The stat increase at that stage just wasn't worth the effort. The sub element and upgraded leader skill were the real draw.

BlueSteel

My hand, for whatever, slips a lot. I think it's because of a screen protector I put on my phone. I could have 0-stoned gold but slipped, died, and without thinking popped a stone to continue. I only needed somewhere around 10k damage...

gah.

Clydefrog

I'm still pretty new... my first guy (red Titan) is only level 11. I'm having trouble clearing the Tower of Trials because the damn monsters hit too hard. But I did find a High Metal Dragon in the Pal Egg machine. The game says it's enhance material. Should I use it on one of my guys?? I don't know what to do with it and I don't want to waste it because it said it was "very rare"

thanks!

Ducarmel

I'm still pretty new... my first guy (red Titan) is only level 11. I'm having trouble clearing the Tower of Trials because the damn monsters hit too hard. But I did find a High Metal Dragon in the Pal Egg machine. The game says it's enhance material. Should I use it on one of my guys?? I don't know what to do with it and I don't want to waste it because it said it was "very rare"

thanks!

post a screenshot of your box. edit:did you read the op, when you said your first guy is titan you mean the first time you pulled on rem was Titan?

Angry Birds collab destroyed. Thanks Asty team!

eh, I'm considering wasting 30 stone on this light event..
baal for my archdemon team...
kirin spike...
and a few more...
issue is..
Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya want
Baal want
Venus want
Amaterasu #138 might want it
Apollo have
Fuma Kotaro have
Ra have
Indra have
Genie, the Light Elemental #359 have
Machine Golem Mk.III #319 have
Verche, Knight of the Sky #232 have
Angelion #299 have x2
Fairlion #298 have
Great Valkyrie #226 have
Messenger of God, Archangel #204 have
Divinegon #119 have
Genie #358 have x2
Archangel Raphael not really interested
Thor #374 not really interested
Angel #95 gave
Machine Golem Mk.II #85 have
so i REALLY want a baal, a kirin and a venus, but i have EVERYTHING else i'm even remotely interested in this event...
choices choices...

Clydefrog

post a screenshot of your box. edit:did you read the op, when you said your first guy is titan you mean the first time you pulled on rem was Titan?

yeah sorry i said that wrong. my "first guy" being the Titan is the first guy i pulled on the rare egg machine.

this should be embarrassing:

screenshot_2013-11-18arxpk.jpg

yeah sorry i said that wrong. my "first guy" being the Titan is the first guy i pulled on the rare egg machine.

this should be embarrassing:

screenshot_2013-11-18arxpk.jpg

inb4 reroll.

Seriously....start over. Titan is extremely farmable. Aim for someone in the list or at least a God. You could wait for your 2nd pull and see what you get.

I would REALLY reroll..
Heck, you might score big and get say a valkyrie atm!
You're at the beginning so while a starting ra, horus kit in would sound imba, while you get the ropes a solid lead for 2/1/2 team (sod luci to name One) would be insanely better

Kreed

welp, shit. okay. thanks guys!

You're still pretty early in the game, so I'd recommend rerolling until the game gives you a God monster during the tutorial. If you look at the OP, you can see a list of monsters that are considered "top tier" (there are a couple of new ones now but this list is pretty safe). However it can take forever to get a specific god if you have bad luck and you may not have the patience, so just keep restarting until you get something you can work with or just get tired of it. This is the only time in the game where you can "control" what monster you get, so take it while you have the chance.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
welp, shit. okay. thanks guys!

I don't know how easy it is to reroll on Android (in terms of copying data files to speed up the downloads and such), but if you can manage to roll until you at least get a decent starter, you'll thank yourself later.

It's currently the Carnival of Light, so Kirin has a higher hit rate right now. Just sayin. ;)

E: Also, I HAAATE when my finger slips and I waste 50 stamina. It's one of the few times I actually yell the word fuck out loud. So sad.

Genji

Was able to take down the Angry Birds dungeon using Lucifer for Gold, and Valk for everything below that. Fun little dungeon and I don't have a poisoner so will try and farm as many of the blue guys as I can during the 2x event.

J0dy77

eh, I'm considering wasting 30 stone on this light event..
baal for my archdemon team...
kirin spike...
and a few more...
issue is..

so i REALLY want a baal, a kirin and a venus, but i have EVERYTHING else i'm even remotely interested in this event...
choices choices...

Bad move. Just wait to see what the event will be in a couple days. The Godfest will most likely included the light carnival.

J0dy77

Anyone know where I can buy this?

Is D/L Yomi the way to go? Was a bit concerned about the loss on HP (-300), I feel my Horus team is too low on HP, and also because I couldn't get the Angelit T_T

It's personal preference. I run Horus for everything will real difficulty behind it. Being able to burst that much damage is a big deal and the colors fit very well with Viper, echidna and a wood monster. Covers both missing colors on a double Horus team. And in descended dungeons 1000 hp doesn't really save you that often but the extra damage would.

I'll still probably run Horus/Kirin most of the time though so she's lower on the priority tier.

Ran my mono green team for Gold. It was super easy. I managed to catch a light bird and I still need one more skillup on Valk 2. I can't wait for the disappointment come event time.

Noirulus

I hope my box is strong enough to tackle Heroes Descended by the time it comes back. Can I clear it with an SoD Lucifer team? What kind of subs would I need?

Freyja, Parv, Grodin, ADK, Cu Chu, Artemis.

All the orb changers were max skilled, but the only one that mattered was Parvati to aid with the healing a bit. I had 36k HP but you only really need 28380 (according to PDX) as long as you can heal back to full after the boss's first attack. You might want to save your big burst attack until after he hits the blue portion of his health to minimize the his uses of 22k attack. Once he hit blue he died very quickly. The whole dungeon took about 5 minutes.

Speaking of Asty I think I might finally attempt Hera-Is on my Japan account since I got a max skill heartmaker now

what say ye about my chances with a luci friend? I'm also considering subbing pierdrawn into the leader position and putting an echidna in for the delay.

edit: this is a very bad idea because you can't kill the CDD without spending a stone

Top Bottom