• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I keep getting every bird except the stupid blue ones I want. I am scared I won't get enough to max my neptune, but I guess the colab is still young. Still worried though.

xCobalt

I keep getting every bird except the stupid blue ones I want. I am scared I won't get enough to max my neptune, but I guess the colab is still young. Still worried though.

Even if you don't max skill your neptune, it's not very detrimental. It won't make or break you like Echidna or Orb changers.

Giard

Currently using an ADKZ team. I got 3 Mystic Stone Knights from today's event: should I go for skillups, or perhaps keep one as a sub?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Even if you don't max skill your neptune, it's not very detrimental. It won't make or break you like Echidna or Orb changers.

I know, but I'm attached to my neptune, I want to make him perfect. I'm gonna spend this entire colab only on this task, I think I can do it..

I just need to decide if I want to farm the 40 or 50 stamina dungeon. The 40 seems fine I think, just having bad luck with which stupid bird drops.

Just cleared the Bird dungeon for the stone. Used my Valk farm team with an Echidna to give me plenty of time to kill the boss. Even Gold is really easy. I got every bird except the white one, but I don't need it and there's nothing in this dungeon I really want to farm. This is the first collab that I'm not farming for anything. Feels good man.

razterik

BZaXY43CYAEoJ7-.jpg:large
Now we get Blue Rose Valk as well. Split evolutions.

Kreed

Was going to ask the same. I focused on dub farming today instead of AB. What teams clear gold? Was thinking mono blue might work.

Any team with more than 28K HP will work for the boss, however if you don't have that much, just bring a shield monster and have it ready to go for the last round. The boss will use charge and then attack for that much two turns later, but he never uses charge again the entire round. After that move, the most damage he will do is 22-23K after you get him below 40%. Just make sure you don't bring in a team with less than 14K HP, because he will do an auto kill preemptive. And be aware if you use mono dark, after 50% HP, he will bind all dark monsters.

Got the boss drop running Int for the stone. Thanks GungHo?

Anybody notice PadGuide bring extremely wrong or late about updating metal dragons lately? Had an alert set for Emeralds just now but logged in to find Super Rubies instead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ashodin - how did you do Gold without a delay during dark bind? I ran Asty/Luci + Hera-Is/DL Hades/Ceres/Echidna and it was super easy...But I am curious what you did.

I will probably run again with Asty/Asty + Is/Hades/Amon/Echidna for fun. I love counter teams SO much.

Ashodin - how did you do Gold without a delay during dark bind? I ran Asty/Luci + Hera-Is/DL Hades/Ceres/Echidna and it was super easy...But I am curious what you did.

I will probably run again with Asty/Asty + Is/Hades/Amon/Echidna for fun. I love counter teams SO much.

LUCI/LUCI with three gravities is a two turn kill with three heart orbs on the board. With or without delay Wingman goes down. Two grav/Luci Luci does NOT work without delay at the right time.

ccbfan

For people have problems with Angry Bird.

1/4/4 Noel/ArchAngels teams are easy win for Gold Angry Bird level if you're only doing it for the stone.

My teams was

Blue Noel
Neptune
Hera
Siren
Blue Golem

Noel

and I was half asleep playing it. Was never in trouble through the whole thing.

Ashodin

Ceres bind clear homie. Saved up hearts before it was coming.

squall23

I have 5 unused Tamadras and I'm considering using them all on Odin. Good or bad idea? How useful is the recover HP every turn awakening skill is what I'm asking basically.

StMeph

I have 5 unused Tamadras and I'm considering using them all on Odin. Good or bad idea? How useful is the recover HP every turn awakening skill is what I'm asking basically.

It's 500 HP, if I recall. Not incredible on its own, but something that could help push you over the edge with a specific team build (Odin resist, Perseverance, HP thresholds for damage multipliers).

Have a specific build in mind that uses it, though.

linsivvi

For people have problems with Angry Bird.

1/4/4 Noel/ArchAngels teams are easy win for Gold Angry Bird level if you're only doing it for the stone.

My teams was

Blue Noel
Neptune
Hera
Siren
Blue Golem

Noel

and I was half asleep playing it. Was never in trouble through the whole thing.

Yep. I did it with 2/2/4 and it worked just as fine too.

Ran Gold once and got Matilda to invade. I wonder if there's any use of it. Maybe for Satan farming?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What does 2/2/4 or 1/4/4 or all these numbers mean?

It relates to a multiplier for HP/ATK/RCV

So a 2/2/4 means you're running leaders that grant 2x HP, 2x ATK, and 4x RCV for that team.

The alternative is when someone says they're running a 9x healer team, a 12.25x devil team, 9x balance team, or a 9x/16x/25x/36x Isis/Horus/Bastet/Kirin/Ra. If someone uses just a number, they're referring to an ATK multiplier team.

J0dy77

Looking for some input. The Tamdra gods have finally swung in my favor, sitting on 3 and deciding what to do with them. Part of my wants to drop them on Byakko and get all of that + orb goodness but I hardly ever use her over Horus. The other thought was to dump them on Hera-IS or Verche for buffing my Horus/Kirin Descended team.

xCobalt

It relates to a multiplier for HP/ATK/RCV

So a 2/2/4 means you're running leaders that grant 2x HP, 2x ATK, and 4x RCV for that team.

The alternative is when someone says they're running a 9x healer team, a 12.25x devil team, 9x balance team, or a 9x/16x/25x/36x Isis/Horus/Bastet/Kirin/Ra. If someone uses just a number, they're referring to an ATK multiplier team.

For some reason, people often switch the orders around (I think they place ATK first). I have no idea why when the game lists it in order from HP, ATK, RCV.

Looking for some input. The Tamdra gods have finally swung in my favor, sitting on 3 and deciding what to do with them. Part of my wants to drop them on Byakko and get all of that + orb goodness but I hardly ever use her over Horus. The other thought was to dump them on Hera-IS or Verche for buffing my Horus/Kirin Descended team.

I put mine on Verche up till the orb enhancement because if I'm paired with another Kirin friend, I get an 80% chance of enhanced light orbs. I'll probably evolve a couple of Hera-Is to awaken my primary Hera-Is.

I'm thinking about putting my Tamadras on Loki to make my satan team even stronger. 80% extra damage for clearing a row of dark orbs sounds pretty good.

If you can be patient or don't mind sacrificing a bit of EXP, you might consider just catching and evolving three MLKs to awaken your Verche. I caught three MSKs a couple weeks ago and basically fed all my green trash to them. That was enough to level up one and almost the second one. I got a little impatient and used a bunch of High Emerald dragons to finish of the last one. I evolved all three today and fed to ADK today then bustied him. Feels good and I didn't have to use up any Tamadras.

Typically Attack/HP/Recovery multipliers (correct my order if wrong).

I agree with xCobalt that it should be as it is listed in the game with HP/ATK/RCV, but there is so little consistency that you basically have to check the context of the post to be sure.

J0dy77

I put mine on Verche up till the orb enhancement because if I'm paired with another Kirin friend, I get an 80% chance of enhanced light orbs. I'll probably evolve a couple of Hera-Is to awaken my primary Hera-Is.

I'm thinking about putting my Tamadras on Loki to make my satan team even stronger. 80% extra damage for clearing a row of dark orbs sounds pretty good.

Yeah I might do this for the 60% chance on a Kirin team.

If you can be patient or don't mind sacrificing a bit of EXP, you might consider just catching and evolving three MLKs to awaken your Verche. I caught three MSKs a couple weeks ago and basically fed all my green trash to them. That was enough to level up one and almost the second one. I got a little impatient and used a bunch of High Emerald dragons to finish of the last one. I evolved all three today and fed to ADK today then bustied him. Feels good and I didn't have to use up any Tamadras..

Well this poses another question, doesn't the feed have to be the same level of Evolution? My verche is max and full busty. That's a lot of time and Mats for a couple of awakening. I'd rather dump that exp into Thor or Raphael. If I could get away with feeding non busty verche at lvl 1 I would do it.

The claim is that ATK goes first since it's the stat you care about the most, but that was a way long time ago when there was little diversity in the types of multiplier teams you could make. If we made an edict where as of today we all stop using A/H/R maybe it'll spread across the Internet slowly.

J0dy77

The claim is that ATK goes first since it's the stat you care about the most, but that was a way long time ago when there was little diversity in the types of multiplier teams you could make. If we made an edict where as of today we all stop using A/H/R maybe it'll spread across the Internet slowly.

Let it be written....

This has always annoyed and confused me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Ha, wouldn't that be nice?

I always view it as HP/ATK/RCV because that's the order that stats are listed. It just makes more sense to me.

Ashodin

I favor huge HP teams over ATK anyway because they, while boring and super slow, usually get you through dungeons.

Let us favor HP/ATK/RCV! HEAR HEAR!

Yeah I might do this for the 60% chance on a Kirin team.

Well this poses another question, doesn't the feed have to be the same level of Evolution? My verche is max and full busty. That's a lot of time and Mats for a couple of awakening. I'd rather dump that exp into Thor or Raphael. If I could get away with feeding non busty verche at lvl 1 I would do it.

Yeah in that case you would have to awaken one to lvl 2 then busty before feeding it to your main. That's a bit more of a pain since it requires a Dubmythlit, which honestly are about as rare as Tamadra for me...

Edit: Oh and I am absolutely on board with the official support of HP/ATK/RCV.

eh..
if you're going with spike lead it's atk>>>>> who cares about the rest//hp at treshhold for one hit :p

if you're going with anything else it's ...
atk >hp > rcv for anything on farm
hp~rcv>atk if you want to tank safely :X

StMeph

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that HP / ATK / RCV is the only thing that makes a lick of sense because it's the order in which the stats are presented in game for every single monster, on every single screen, and every possible sort option.

Q.E.D. and all that.

ccbfan

The time people started using ATK/HP/RCV was when mono-color Norse-Greek2 teams were the thing.

90% of the time it was called 4/2/2.

Its true that the correct way is 2/4/2 but for some it stuck.

Top Bottom