• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

So I ran AB Gold this morning while half asleep (no clue why I went this route). Couldn't keep up with the damage on the final boss, rest was cake and wiped. Took in Horus/Kirin team and 2 round killed the boss.

Definitely going to dump those Tamdras on Verche or Hera-Is for the orb power ups.

muu

Yeah I feel bad accumulating all these blue birds for Neptune when I still have ECO stuff stuck in my box waiting for 2x skillups. :/

I have like 50 Groove Coaster Red / Greens that I've yet to use. I mean, come on, what if I hit an Ares in the next god-fest!

Thankfully I've ridden myself of most of my ECO Shabotans and maxed out Parvati.

Tobe

tried rainbow keeper, got whooped by him didnt have the burst nor the hp to deal with him. patiently waited my stamina to charge did green keeper got rewarded by 2 dark keepers and 1 green :) fuck yeah dark baron get.

I'll throw in my support for HP/ATK/RCV notation. I was guilty of using the 4/2/2 notation back in the mono-color 4xATK days, but I've long since been typing the proper way.

Regarding awakenings, I don't personally find the enhance orb awakenings to be all that essential. Most times it's not going to be increasing your attacks very much. Most spike teams use orb changers to convert a large part of the board for a burst attack anyway, and converted orbs lose their enhancement. For extra damage, I prefer the horizontal row increase. For enhanced orbs, it's more effective having a monster with an active skill that enhances orbs on the existing board for burst attacks.

I've found myself preferring skill boost and autoheal as generally useful awakenings. The latter is rare amongst most of the useful monsters. These awakenings also actually enable teams/strategies that are impossible without them, which is why I've found them to be more valuable.

Enhanced orbs are nice to have as a passive skill, and I'll raise dupes for them but I wouldn't use TAMADRAs for them unless they were a stepping stone to more useful awakenings on a REM-only monster.

Maybe if TAMADRAs become easier to farm, I'll be more generous with what I use them on. But I've only gotten 9 TAMADRAs since they were introduced and I'm 0/6 in my last 6 dungeon sightings. I even saw 2 in consecutive rounds with neither dropping.

J0dy77

I'll throw in my support for HP/ATK/RCV notation. I was guilty of using the 4/2/2 notation back in the mono-color 4xATK days, but I've long since been typing the proper way.

Regarding awakenings, I don't personally find the enhance orb awakenings to be all that essential. Most times it's not going to be increasing your attacks very much. Most spike teams use orb changers to convert a large part of the board for a burst attack anyway, and converted orbs lose their enhancement. For extra damage, I prefer the horizontal row increase. For enhanced orbs, it's more effective having a monster with an active skill that enhances orbs on the existing board for burst attacks.

I've found myself preferring skill boost and autoheal as generally useful awakenings. The latter is rare amongst most of the useful monsters. These awakenings also actually enable teams/strategies that are impossible without them, which is why I've found them to be more valuable.

Enhanced orbs are nice to have as a passive skill, and I'll raise dupes for them but I wouldn't use TAMADRAs for them unless they were a stepping stone to more useful awakenings on a REM-only monster.

Maybe if TAMADRAs become easier to farm, I'll be more generous with what I use them on. But I've only gotten 9 TAMADRAs since they were introduced and I'm 0/6 in my last 6 dungeon sightings. I even saw 2 in consecutive rounds with neither dropping.

You sound like me with Dubs last night. I had 3 show up in one Hill of Iris run and 2 more in subsequent runs and none of them dropped.

You bring up good points about the Tamdras and reminded me that one of my early intentions was to Awaken Satan and see what stacking dark damage could do. I agree that the heal and skill reduction are the strongest in the game they just don't exist on the really worthwhile mobs (outside of the Odin's which I don't have). I'd love to max Thor and use his skills but not sure what kind of team to build around him plus Light leaders are impossible to find.

Edit: I'm loving this new metal dragons schedule. Hated it when we first started playing because they never varied the colors times. Now that they're varying it makes it possible to get what you need.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This master level angry bird dungeon won't drop evolved birds for me. Done it like 7 times already, got the boss 3 times, but no luck on any other evolved birds. Blah.

Ducarmel

getting sick of rerolling.. so boring.. i got Baal, should I keep him?

He is o.k. for most dungeons but he wont get you far, definetly wont cut it for descends.

Keep him for now and get a feel for the game and see if we get godfest news and maybe reroll then.

Noirulus

Man, mid-game is so damn painful. I need like 6 Mystic Masks and a shit ton of exp material in order to buff my box. I have enough quality monsters, just need to level and evolve most of them!

Tobe

i think the game is paying off those god awful 16 rolls that i did last week.

saw i had enough exp to do metal dragon dungeon i said sure why not, gotta get some more exp for vamp and dd. bam out of nowhere tamadra spoted. tamadra get.

chrono01

It's frustrating seeing all of these events but not having the teams to attempt them [since I only started around a month ago]. ~_~ Oh well, one day...

I just want Scarlet Snake Princess to make a return. I need my Echidna for my Kirin team and running the Dungeons during 1.5x drops is painful.

It's frustrating seeing all of these events but not having the teams to attempt them [since I only started around a month ago]. ~_~ Oh well, one day...

I just want Scarlet Snake Princess to make a return. I need my Echidna for my Kirin team and running the Dungeons during 1.5x drops is painful.

Don't worry, chrono. We've all been there. Hell, there are still many times where I have to tell myself to cool it, and wait for the next go-around for some descends.

Zeus descended team..
Horus unevolved
Keeper of dark
Keeper of rainbowx2
??????????
Ra/horus friend

What's the best filler for that slot?

Amon37

Don't worry, chrono. We've all been there. Hell, there are still many times where I have to tell myself to cool it, and wait for the next go-around for some descends.

Exactly I completed my first descended dungeon last event and got a Hera. I then tried for Hera-is and was promptly smashed to bits.

Is Zeus doable with a double grodin resist team?

edit: just looked on pdx and i'm not ready for this one.

linsivvi

No illustration yet, but black princess Valk incoming. Haha. Go go Power Valkyries!

BZaXY43CYAEoJ7-.jpg

Bahamat:

Edit: My bad, that was the blue one apparently.

Uh, you can't activate Horus/Ra this way?
Horus red (red)
Hera-is (water dark)/hera
Rk
Dark keeper
Wood ice ogre (water, Wood)
Ra(light)

Yeah i was thinking of something else...
Having no chu i guess i'll have to go with ogre :/
Rk or dark keeper can be vampire for heart breaking

Horus red (red)
Hera-is (water dark)/hera
Rk
Dark keeper
Wood ice ogre (water, Wood)
Ra(light)

Yeah i was thinking of something else...
Having no chu i guess i'll have to go with ogre :/
Rk or dark keeper can be vampire for heart breaking
So as far as I can tell, you won't be able to complete Zeus with this team without spending a lot of stones. Which is fine if you're ok with that since he's a guaranteed drop. But honestly I would wait until you have developed a team specifically for Zeus so you can zero/low stone rather than cobbling something together and simply "buying" him. In my opinion that makes for a much more satisfying experience.

Radav

Weeell... what to do with tomorrow's stamina. Doesn't seem worth it to run gold dragons without 2x king appearance unless you have light pengdras saved up. Maybe I'll do pengdra village. I hate it when they do this. It's always on Thursday too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Weeell... what to do with tomorrow's stamina. Doesn't seem worth it to run gold dragons without 2x king appearance unless you have light pengdras saved up. Maybe I'll do pengdra village. I hate it when they do this. It's always on Thursday too.

I'm going to get my second Zeus and farm the shit out of Pengdras. I REALLY want 2x skillups to turn on, but I may have to just deal with it later. If 2x drop Thursday is on, I'll farm plants, too. Otherwise, it's Pengdra day!

Gold dragons and pengdras tomorrow? Hmm. Does anyone know yet if the jewel/metal dragons will keep cycling like this? Cause if they do maybe we'll get gold dragons more often

Not sure. They've tried with before (with fire/wood/water) and it was generally regarded as shitty because the slots were super terrible. I think one of the groups got sapphires at unreachable times for about 3 weeks or something?

I'd really prefer to be a day or something rather than this cycle.

So as far as I can tell, you won't be able to complete Zeus with this team without spending a lot of stones. Which is fine if you're ok with that since he's a guaranteed drop. But honestly I would wait until you have developed a team specifically for Zeus so you can zero/low stone rather than cobbling something together and simply "buying" him. In my opinion that makes for a much more satisfying experience.
so i should give up on zeus for this run?

btw, what's most optimal?
pengdra plain food chain or pengdra collect (via techinical dungeon), fetch dragon and pengdra evolve?

Althane

I never use real info. Well, outside of my email address. Mostly because I ALSO don't like handing out my personal info. :)

If you use gmail, you can give them an address like "myemail+prizelogic@gmail.com". It'll still get delivered to "myemail@gmail.com", but have the added bit that'll tell you if spammers were sold your e-mail address (the +prizelogic part).

Plus, then you can filter incoming messages on that part, and bam. No worries of spam.

Flambe

Darn won't take my imei, guess it knows its Canadian =s still can't use my other $25 code for play store cause of region boo

J0dy77

I'm thinking the lack of event announcement is because they want to have something run through the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. Hoping we get a strong event as a result.

what's the general HP of a standard Valk team? I find mine severely limited at the moment, have even put in Shiva to pump up the HP. Just added King Bubbly instead of Metatron, so i'm taking a hit there...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
what's the general HP of a standard Valk team? I find mine severely limited at the moment, have even put in Shiva to pump up the HP. Just added King Bubbly instead of Metatron, so i'm taking a hit there...

A high leveled team usually sits between 11-13k. You can get higher with max level and +eggs (and now with awakening a little higher), but it's rough. I sit around 11k when I run mine. Valk/Valk + Echidna/Shynee/Bastet/Angelion with a good number of +eggs on my Valk and Echidna. If I'm really hurting for HP (or just want a buffer), I'll sub Bastet or Angelion out for either Verche or my alvl 5 BlOdin (for skill cd reduction as well as crazy stats). BlOdin is actually one of my new go-to wildcards. If I remember right, he has one of the highest stat lines in the entire game (not counting Satan because -RCV is SUPER situational).

I ran Blade of Justice 4 times so far and got 6 MLK. I need 2 more skillups on Verche but will wait for a 2x skillup event.
Wow. That's extremely good fortune, especially without 2x drop rate.

So, we're getting Plants, Gold Dragons, Pengdras, and Zeus tomorrow all without 2x drops? Oh GungHo...

Top Bottom