• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have SO many gold dragons from the last time they showed up. Without 2x king, I may just skip gold dragons today. Pengdras, on the other hand...I need more of them.

Hey GungHo I was only sort of kidding about needing to make up for lost income
[JP] REM AND PAL MACHINES RENEWED! New Princess Valks added, 3 star eggs rates have been lowered, 4 star egg rates have been increased, evolved 6 star stuff like Sieg, Hanzo, etc have been added permanently. + rate is increased by 50%, stuff that comes out have a chance to be higher level!

Also, new Princess Valks have NEW SKILLS AND ELEMENTS.
New Valks have attack stance for their new elements.

J0dy77

Oy, I had forgotten about that. I really do wonder how long they're gonna keep this up.

I think the money train will slowly fade unless Gungho starts to introduce some fresh ideas. New busties every few months and more burst teams is getting boring and people will burn out.

Just reminding everyone that I'm the president of the Raphael club. Lucifers need not apply.

bNrakmnl.png

I would love to start a Raphael squad, I'm on board and will make him a priority. Mine has sat at lvl 20ish for a long time because no one runs light teams. Definitely feels like there is some really strong potential with that team. Lets make a push to get light going. We have the resources in this thread.

2x Raphael - Thor, Zeus, Valk, Verche would be beastly.

I read about the new JP REM stuff. If that comes to the US, I'll be so happy. The 3* garbage rate feels really high for the cost of pulling.
Probably going to be a when, not if.

Also actually reading the announcement - new Valks are pure Water/Dark and do not gain a new subattribute until presumably they get Rose.
They're also adding chasers and Dark Lady into PAL and tweaking rates of other garbage PAL pulls.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Also actually reading the announcement - new Valks are pure Water/Dark and do not gain a new subattribute until presumably they get Rose.
They're also adding chasers and Dark Lady into PAL and tweaking rates of other garbage PAL pulls.

Chasers and Dark Lady??? What are those?

StMeph

So how many Valks will there be now? Three?

I would love to start a Raphael squad, I'm on board and will make him a priority. Mine has sat at lvl 20ish for a long time because no one runs light teams. Definitely feels like there is some really strong potential with that team. Lets make a push to get light going. We have the resources in this thread.

2x Raphael - Thor, Zeus, Valk, Verche would be beastly.

I've got my First Raphael evo'd, and my second Raph (for awakening) is in the works. Zues and Valk in that team are ok, My Thor and Verche are lacking though...

Jagernaut

The new Valkyries are REM only? What is the point of them, they will have better rcv but worse hp and atk than Duke Vampire Lord/Siegfried.

Jagernaut

I read about the new JP REM stuff. If that comes to the US, I'll be so happy. The 3* garbage rate feels really high for the cost of pulling.

I wish they would remove the 3* monsters from the REM completely. If you are going to give me crap at least give me the evolved 4* versions.

Anyone want to throw up an awesome satan for Zues! I've got a Luci team that may work (Sod Luci, fallen Luci, awoken Hera, awoken Hera-is, d/d hades, with a Luci friend leader) but I kind of want to try the no RCV spike satan team (no stalling)

EDIT: Tried it with Satan team, got severly orb trolled on off timer chimeras, 1 set of three dark orbs, matched it and a ton of blue orbs for a fire chimera, got him down to <20% dual bind. Cascade leaves me with NO dark orbs, and Vamp was a turn away from coming up...

So that's 100 stamina, Tried with the luci/Luci/Luci team, got to chimeras and could not out heal their attacks. Screwed up and only had two of the three gravities ready, the third would have let me one shot one of the chimeras I think.

razterik

"REM machine! Now with 100% more ripper dragons!" ..urgh.

Not that happy to pull again just for new Valks, but at least they can be skilled up using the same "easy" methods as Siegfried and Vamp. But, gimme Descend dungeons plz.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone want to throw up an awesome satan for Zues! I've got a Luci team that may work (Sod Luci, fallen Luci, awoken Hera, awoken Hera-is, d/d hades, with a Luci friend leader) but I kind of want to try the no RCV spike satan team (no stalling)

EDIT: Tried it with Satan team, got severly orb trolled on off timer chimeras, 1 set of three dark orbs, matched it and a ton of blue orbs for a fire chimera, got him down to <20% dual bind. Cascade leaves me with NO dark orbs, and Vamp was a turn away from coming up...

So that's 100 stamina, Tried with the luci/Luci/Luci team, got to chimeras and could not out heal their attacks. Screwed up and only had two of the three gravities ready, the third would have let me one shot one of the chimeras I think.

What's the thought behind a Satan team? With no RCV and no stalling, it sounds a BIT like suicide. Unless I'm missing something. :p

Maybe this has been talked about before, but why is gungho censored in the ingame mail system?
Probably so people don't send fraudulent mail to other players, pretending to be from GungHo. Just a guess.

Hmm ... 2 new Valks, and they have new skills? So I can't just devolve my second Rose Valk and convert her to one of these new ones... If skills are different, we'll also need new monsters to skill them up, aside from attempting to do it through REM dupe pulls. Unless I'm mistaken and that's not how it's gonna work.

The new Valks share attack stances with Vamp/Sieg so you can just skill them up the traditional way. Which makes you wonder why they even added the new Valks in the first place.

PG is also claiming they're adding 5* PAL dragons back into the REM, which is a gigantic fuck you to the players.

Kreed

The new Valks share attack stances with Vamp/Sieg so you can just skill them up the traditional way. Which makes you wonder why they even added the new Valks in the first place.

PG is also claiming they're adding 5* PAL dragons back into the REM, which is a gigantic fuck you to the players.

Collectors will spend a lot of stones to get their hands on them. But as far as "improving the game" they are definitely a waste of space outside of providing some alternate colorations for Horus/Kirin teams (assuming they keep their green subtypes).

J0dy77

To add to my earlier "innovation" comments. Rehashing the same mobs with different colors and making them annoy you in the REM is not innovation. Very disappointing.

Interesting. I can see Blue Valk bringing more consistency while not giving up Light damage on Kirin teams. Not really sure where I'd fit a Dark Valk in. But at least Dark Valk is easy to skill-up. I just wondering why GungHo's making 3 versions of her. Might as well go all the way and add a Light/Red version like the Late Bloomer Dragons.

And that does suck about the Rippers being added back to the REM machine. They're most useful to newer players and should stay in the Pal machine.

J0dy77

Interesting. I can see Blue Valk bringing more consistency while not giving up Light damage on Kirin teams. Not really sure where I'd fit a Dark Valk in. But at least Dark Valk is easy to skill-up. I just wondering why GungHo's making 3 versions of her. Might as well go all the way and add a Light/Red version like the Late Bloomer Dragons.

And that does suck about the Rippers being added back to the REM machine. They're most useful to newer players and should stay in the Pal machine.

I think they realize that Valk is the go to farm team for everyone at this point. So to create some parity, they're introducing different colors so everyone's list isn't 30 yellow valks.

I think they realize that Valk is the go to farm team for everyone at this point. So to create some parity, they're introducing different colors so everyone's list isn't 30 yellow valks.

instead its 20 yellow, 5 blue, and 5 dark. Which doesn't matter if they have the same leader skill

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
New Valks supposedly have no subtypes and same leader skills. Lazy.

Lazy to an extent. Depending on her stat line, I would argue that multicolored Valks would be in the top 5 best subs in the entire game.

• Echidna - max skilled, she would easily be the #1 sub in the game
  • Siren - although she's losing her usefulness with the huge sway towards spike teams
  • Hera gravity family - Hera-Is is bonkers good, and the busty Hera in JP is pro with dark/dark...Hades also fits here, but Hera is farmable
  • Valk family - see below
  • ???? - no idea who goes here, new monsters make this such a wildcard

Valk has really good stats and the benefit of no resistances for her main element. Her down side is that she only works well in a few teams - healer, combo burst, mono-light (lol), and mono-green (which she probably sits wildcard for).

By giving her a dark, fire, and water sub element (or main, not sure how that works yet), she can FINALLY be of use for nearly every team as that 4th sub. If her active also changes based off of her element, that'll be even better. I think once all the details are out, we can make a fair assessment of her.

Personally, I'm excited to see what use she'll have. Worst case, I treat her release the same way I did all the Chinese gods and ignore them. :p

Just got a small update pushed to my phone. Only 2 items were loaded.

Tried restarting several times, because I'm missing the character art for Ultimate Ares. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

B.Valk starts Wt, becomes Wt/Lt on busty, and has Attack Stance - Water.
D.Valk starts Dk, becomes Dk/Fr on busty, and has Attack Stance - Dark.

Their awakenings change to the obvious Orb Enhance one, but everything else down to stat growths remains the same as regular Valk.

B.Valk starts Wt, becomes Wt/Lt on busty, and has Attack Stance - Water.
D.Valk starts Dk, becomes Dk/Fr on busty, and has Attack Stance - Dark.

Their awakenings change to the obvious Orb Enhance one, but everything else down to stat growths remains the same as regular Valk.

Guess I don't see the point, not sure she'll replace Sig or Duke as heartbreakers for those colors

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Guess I don't see the point, not sure she'll replace Sig or Duke as heartbreakers for those colors

Valk and new Vamp are actually pretty close stat wise - Valk has just under 100 less ATK, ~500 less HP, but ~200 more RCV. It's going to come down to if you prefer HP to RCV.

razterik

Lazy to an extent. Depending on her stat line, I would argue that multicolored Valks would be in the top 5 best subs in the entire game.

• Siren - although she's losing her usefulness with the huge sway towards spike teams
  • Hera gravity family - Hera-Is is bonkers good, and the busty Hera in JP is pro with dark/dark...Hades also fits here, but Hera is farmable

Valk has really good stats and the benefit of no resistances for her main element. Her down side is that she only works well in a few teams - healer, combo burst, mono-light (lol), and mono-green (which she probably sits wildcard for).

By giving her a dark, fire, and water sub element (or main, not sure how that works yet), she can FINALLY be of use for nearly every team as that 4th sub. If her active also changes based off of her element, that'll be even better. I think once all the details are out, we can make a fair assessment of her.

Personally, I'm excited to see what use she'll have. Worst case, I treat her release the same way I did all the Chinese gods and ignore them. :p

Stats look the same, too. The ultimates are blue/light and dark/red. Active is heartbreak to main color for each.

Blue healer team is possible, but not ideal since you still take Echidna and Shynee. Also suffers from resisted element.

Dark healer team...haha, no.

As for mono colors, just use the Vamp/Siegfried you already have. Vamp stats are fine and he at least fits devil teams. And it's not like any straight blue team needs more RCV.

They will probably find uses on color requirement teams, but there's already lots of options there. Disappointed that they could have made these with more interesting subtypes or leader skills.

xCobalt

I think it's Satan + Satan + Loki + 2x against light = 36x. Stall at stage 2 and use Thanthos + Echidna to get 7 attacks in.

The more common strategy I'm seeing is to pop Echidna at the chimeras to finish stalling for turns. Then use a King Baddie and Orb changer to one shot zeus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stats look the same, too. The ultimates are blue/light and dark/red. Active is heartbreak to main color for each.

Blue healer team is possible, but not ideal since you still take Echidna and Shynee. Also suffers from resisted element.

Dark healer team...haha, no.

As for mono colors, just use the Vamp/Siegfried you already have. Vamp stats are fine and he at least fits devil teams. And it's not like any straight blue team needs more RCV.

They will probably find uses on color requirement teams, but there's already lots of options there. Disappointed that they could have made these with more interesting subtypes or leader skills.

Yeah, she's a luxury monster for sure. I half wonder if the reason they don't give her a sub-type is to avoid making her a REQUIRED sub (similar to Echidna, although her lack of sub-type is offset by her ridiculously good active).

linsivvi

The more common strategy I'm seeing is to pop Echidna at the chimeras to finish stalling for turns. Then use a King Baddie and Orb changer to one shot zeus.

Yeah that works too. Since my Satan is rather low level so after research I went with Haku/Devil team instead.

J0dy77

instead its 20 yellow, 5 blue, and 5 dark. Which doesn't matter if they have the same leader skill

My point is they should be creating new and unique changes to the game. With the Billions they are raking in, they couldn't even give her new artwork? Just lazy and boring.

Ashodin

I also don't appreciate the fact that 50% of the game is tuned for Dark attribute.

Sure you have other color teams, but half the time it's a new Hera added to the game.

I'm expecting Hera-Gaea or something crazy like that.

Althane

Got my final ripper evolved thanks to plenty of Dragon Plans dropping today. Now I just have to get it up to level 25ish, and I'll be set.

I'm still about 9 team cost away from being able to field them all at the same time, but just having 3 in a team has let me breeze through dungeons that were difficult before. Starting to save up 10 stones for the next GodFest, woot woot.

Should I be looking to farm something out (I'm thinking Siren since her healing is awesome), or keep pushing forward through the dungeons?

I want them to do a Cataclysm / Big Bang / ARR style overhaul sometime in the next year where they actually balance the colors against archetypes. The primary obstacle is that I could see a flying column of whales emerge from the ocean and descend upon GungHo headquarters because of it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my final ripper evolved thanks to plenty of Dragon Plans dropping today. Now I just have to get it up to level 25ish, and I'll be set.

I'm still about 9 team cost away from being able to field them all at the same time, but just having 3 in a team has let me breeze through dungeons that were difficult before. Starting to save up 10 stones for the next GodFest, woot woot.

Should I be looking to farm something out (I'm thinking Siren since her healing is awesome), or keep pushing forward through the dungeons?

Siren and Naga are the monsters you want to farm, but both of them will make your soul hurt. You're better off pushing forward to open Tower of Giants so you can farm ranks during 1/2 stam on weekends (I know nothing of your current rank/progress, so forgive me if you've already got that).

Althane

Siren and Naga are the monsters you want to farm, but both of them will make your soul hurt. You're better off pushing forward to open Tower of Giants so you can farm ranks during 1/2 stam on weekends (I know nothing of your current rank/progress, so forgive me if you've already got that).

I'm Rank 64 right now, my last fully completed normal dungeon was Tower of Flare.

Didn't know that Tower of Giants was considered a rank farm location, though. Good to know.

(How's my ranking compare to my progress? Probably low, since I tend to be terrible at team building, and have mostly been pushing forward through sheer force)

J0dy77

Played around with a REM simulator on PAD DB. Here's what $100 gets you:

yRVqhJi.png

Never roll outside of godfest and pay money to support the game not chasing a monster.

Played around with a REM simulator on PAD DB. Here's what $100 gets you:

yRVqhJi.png

Never roll outside of godfest and pay money to support the game not chasing a monster.

I happen to think the REM Simulator isn't so spot on.

3 pulls of Batman : 2 D/W and one D/D
1 pull of REM : Lucy

Top Bottom