• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

ccbfan

Any reason to have more than one swordsman?

Originally I planned to have 2 of each swordsman but this was like early in the year when everyone and their mothers were running ADK teams, before I had max skilled heartbreakers, before Orb enhance subs, before increase damage sub, before I had much better state sticks. I just don't see any chance I'd ever use 2 in a party.

Then I kept them in case they had multi-braching ult evos and that turned out not to be the case.

Now one is just taking up box space when I might as well feed them to my main one (I have one main max skilled of every swordsman except blue all in non ult-evo form) to get awoken skills. Plus I can get rid of the extra unevoled swordsman I was saving for future awokenings.

StMeph

Any reason to have more than one swordsman?

Originally I planned to have 2 of each swordsman but this was like early in the year when everyone and their mothers were running ADK teams, before I had max skilled heartbreakers, before Orb enhance subs, before increase damage sub, before I had much better state sticks. I just don't see any chance I'd ever use 2 in a party.

I think some people run 2x ADKs in old ADK teams, but that's the only one I know of that is doubled.

Yeah I'm liking the PAL buffs a lot. Slightly less a terrible proposition to roll it ever!
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Flyingstraightup/Future_Egg_Machine_tweaks

EVENT INFO
[Duration]: 11/25 (Mon), midnight - 12/4 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons is ready to kick off a fantastic holiday season with a HUGE Thanksgiving event. With brand new Dungeons (featuring Takeminakata, Pierdra, and Kouryu) and sweet daily bonuses, there is a lot to be thankful for this year!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
11/25-11/29 - 2 Magic Stones
11/30-12/4 - 2,000 Pal Points
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② New Technical Dungeon
Starting 11/25, Paradise of the Holy Beasts will be available (after completing the Mythic Stone Dragon Cave). There you can obtain the mighty Incarnation of Kouryu, Fagan. With the power to give 4x ATK to Dragon types when HP is full, he will give your Dragons a new purpose. More Dungeon details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/kokhn2q.

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
11/25 - 12/8 - Dragon in Motley: by popular demand, the Dark Toy Dragon Pierdra has been chosen for his own special Dungeon. Be on the look out for the Wicked Lady - she has a random chance to appear!
11/25 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
11/26 - Heroes Descended
11/27 - Breakers
11/28 - Hera-Ur Descended!
11/29 - Hera Descended
11/30 - Takeminakata Descends!: Enjoy the debut of a challenging Dungeon starring a powerful new Japanese god.
12/1 - Athena Descended!
12/2 - Zeus Descended!
12/3 - Sword of Flames
12/4 - The Thief Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2 Pal Egg Events:
 11/25-11/29 - King Metal/Jewel Dragons
 11/30-12/4 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and maybe some Super Jewel King Dragons]
5x +Egg rate in the Technical Dungeons (available after completing Castle of Satan)
2x Skill Up rate

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

chrono01

A Spectacular Thanksgiving Event*
[Duration]: 11/25 (Mon), midnight - 12/4 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons is ready to kick off a fantastic holiday season with a HUGE Thanksgiving event. With brand new Dungeons (featuring Takeminakata, Pierdra, and Kouryu) and sweet daily bonuses, there is a lot to be thankful for this year!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
11/25-11/29 - 2 Magic Stones
11/30-12/4 - 2,000 Pal Points
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② New Technical Dungeon
Starting 11/25, Paradise of the Holy Beasts will be available (after completing the Mythic Stone Dragon Cave). There you can obtain the mighty Incarnation of Kouryu, Fagan. With the power to give 4x ATK to Dragon types when HP is full, he will give your Dragons a new purpose. More Dungeon details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/kokhn2q.

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
11/25 - 12/8 - Dragon in Motley: by popular demand, the Dark Toy Dragon Pierdra has been chosen for his own special Dungeon. Be on the look out for the Wicked Lady - she has a random chance to appear!
11/25 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
11/26 - Heroes Descended
11/27 - Breakers
11/28 - Hera-Ur Descended!
11/29 - Hera Descended
11/30 - Takeminakata Descends!: Enjoy the debut of a challenging Dungeon starring a powerful new Japanese god.
12/1 - Athena Descended!
12/2 - Zeus Descended!
12/3 - Sword of Flames
12/4 - The Thief Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2 Pal Egg Events:
 11/25-11/29 - King Metal/Jewel Dragons
 11/30-12/4 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and maybe some Super Jewel King Dragons]
5x +Egg rate in the Technical Dungeons (available after completing Castle of Satan)
2x Skill Up rate

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial

Damn. Forgot to hold onto a bunch of Dragon Seeds to evolve my Dark Pengdras. Nice event coming up. Didn't get to run Zeus as much as I'd like do to time and farming Pengdras and Gold Dragons, but also there weren't many friends running Luci. I'll have to come up with alternate farm teams for Zeus, so I don't run out of helpers.

so it looks like a 9500 HP healer team can take the legend difficulty Take-Minakata without difficulty...

Awesome..

strategy would be to try to save echidna and King Shynee for round five and burn through every other move on round four.

Kano would need to be killed in one turn (Skill usage, not echidna or king shynee), divinegon would be a stall for five turns on light portion and burn it with light (possibly one of the two valk skills) before it gets a chance to attack under 50%

not EASY, but doable.

Maybe a physical 9x team, something like Seigfried leaders, RGG, Goemon, a Golem for a ton more HP, and The King that spike's physicals. lot more HP in this team and red & Blue would atk for the same amount that light does on a healer team, not as many leaders though, and RCV would stink...

EDIT: or anubis... Might have to drag him out with stat sticks...

Zero_IYAD

How did you guys beat Zeus-Dios & Athena?
Am pretty much confident I can take down Hera-Ur easily, but I can't figure out a team to take down the other two :s
Also, any team built in mind for Takeminakata?

Jagernaut

According to PadGuide Takeminakata has a preemptive status guard even on Legend so Echidna will not work on him. I thought about running a healer team but my Fuu and CoC Glorious Healer will be useless without dark and wood orbs. I might run a mono red Ares/Freyr team like I did with Athena.

How did you guys beat Zeus-Dios & Athena?
Am pretty much confident I can take down Hera-Ur easily, but I can't figure out a team to take down the other two :s
Also, any team built in mind for Takeminakata?

Athena's dungeon is tailor made for a satan team. Burst through rounds 1&2, round 3 will not attack you until you attack him, so recharge. Kill him (you have three turns to do it. Athena pop everything and burst her down.

It's tough but how I did it.

Zero_IYAD

Athena's dungeon is tailor made for a satan team. Burst through rounds 1&2, round 3 will not attack you until you attack him, so recharge. Kill him (you have three turns to do it. Athena pop everything and burst her down.

It's tough but how I did it.
I don't have Satan yet.
Forget about Athena, Zeus-Dios seems doable with a double Luci team + 3 gravity users, but it'll require spending 3-5 stones depending on his god gazes :|
Should I give him a shot or delay him for next time with a better team?

suko_32

For Athena I was thinking of running:

Horus
Echidna (Lv. 5 skill)
Siegfried (max skill)
Cu Chulainn (max skill)
?????
Kirin

I hope this works, but not sure who's best ??. I'm thinking either something with a lot of HP/Attk or a dual element monster with a short skill cooldown like Rose Valk.

Jagernaut

I don't have Satan yet.
Forget about Athena, Zeus-Dios seems doable with a double Luci team + 3 gravity users, but it'll require spending 3-5 stones depending on his god gazes :|
Should I give him a shot or delay him for next time with a better team?

I tried Zeus-Dios with a Horus team and failed. I'll try again with a Lucifer team after I max skill Drawn Joker. Athena is easier, I beat it in 3 stones with a high level Ares/Phoenix Knight Homura/Goemon/Horus/Echidna/Freyr team. With better orb luck it could have been zero stones.

Zero_IYAD

How many is the question here =_=
I tried Zeus-Dios with a Horus team and failed. I'll try again with a Lucifer team after I max skill Drawn Joker. Athena is easier, I beat it in 3 stones with a high level Ares/Phoenix Knight Homura/Goemon/Horus/Echidna/Freyr team. With better orb luck it could have been zero stones.
I have all of these monsters, but they're not levelled well enough.
I doubt I can take down RGG in 3 turns =_=
Guess I'll give up on both this time.
Will concentrate on getting Hera-Ur & Takeminakata.
Not even sure how to tackle Takeminakata when there's no dark orbs in that dungeon x_x

I have all of these monsters, but they're not levelled well enough.
I doubt I can take down RGG in 3 turns =_=
Guess I'll give up on both this time.
Will concentrate on getting Hera-Ur & Takeminakata.
Not even sure how to tackle Takeminakata when there's no dark orbs in that dungeon x_x

tri color dungeons are begging for Anubis, Robin, Bastet, Kush or any other Combo multiplier team.

I haven't really analyzed the Japanese 2.0 gods, but I noticed a lone Okuniushi on my friend's list. Checked him out, and he seems pretty damn good actually. He's Dark, has a delay for his active skill, and his leader skill gives 4x ATK for a 6+ combo. Why are so many people fawning over Bastet and ignoring this guy? He seems even better.

suko_32

I haven't really analyzed the Japanese 2.0 gods, but I noticed a lone Okuniushi on my friend's list. Checked him out, and he seems pretty damn good actually. He's Dark, has a delay for his active skill, and his leader skill gives 4x ATK for a 6+ combo. Why are so many people fawning over Bastet and ignoring this guy? He seems even better.

I was wondering about that too. Perhaps it's because Bastet is more forgiving, works in weekened dungeons, and doesn't work as well with Kirin? I dunno.

The reason I haven't put mine up is because my evolved Okuninushi is only level 14 and I have a max Horus already. I plan on leveling either him or Ra up next though.

Bastet is a cat and a girl

razterik

Haha, was going to post the same. Also, all or nothing multiplier and poor RCV. He really is pretty good, though.

Yay for Pierdra dungeon. Going to max skill mine. And 5x + eggs finally returns. Just going to sit on all those PAL point messages till we get the new PAL machine here. Not going to waste them.

Ashodin

Bastet is their waifu

Jagernaut

He's good but he has only been in 1 Godfest so not many people have him. Also, Bastet is easier to use since she starts activating at 4 combos and can still get 4x at 7 combos. I have a maxed Bastet but would still like to get Oku.

For me, it's because I have Bastet and not him.

Same reason I like Horus over Kirin. ;-)

Nista

For me, it's because I have Bastet and not him.

Same reason I like Horus over Kirin. ;-)

High Five, same here!

I didn't get any of the JPN 2.0 gods last time, and I've been ignoring my bf's green rice chick as a friend leader. :)

And one of my friends list changed their name to ATK/HP/RCV. I was amused.

chrono01

I know a lot of people are looking forward to the upcoming events, but for a relative newcomer like me there's not a lot for me to do. :/

I guess I'll give the Pierdra dungeon a try, and the free Magic Stones/PAL points are great, but what I really want is Scarlet Snake Princess. My Kirin team needs an Echidna desperately, and I'm having no luck getting one from regular dungeon drops/PAL Egg Machine. ~_~

coy

Really hoping to pull him on my non-Bastet account. Playing with Bastet, I love teaming up with Okuni. 1 Spread Cats for a delay is a fantastic tradeoff. At 5c, that's 3x dmg so it's not completely borked when stalling. His RCV is offset by hers. A great tandem that I'm looking forward to use during this event.

Speaking of event, max skill DJ! Plus Takeminakata! Guess is Chinese/Norse 2.0 godfest. Anyways, just glad to clear box space.

Kreed

Echoing what others have said already, there's only been one godfest with the Japanese 2.0 gods and a ton of people had Bastets already trying to get Horus/Isis. In the Japanese version a lot of people are running him, Umisachi & Yamasa, and Kushinada (all three should be added to the OP at some point).

The one advantage Bastet does have (besides easier forgiveness for messing up combos similar to Kushinada) is her Healer subtype and light sub element which works well with healers and King Shynee, vs Okuniushi's Physical subtype and King Bubblie being blue.

personal view of the events atm..
1) zeus descended... only chance for me would be finishing my astaroth team....
2) heroes descended... eh i can rip em with monored
3) breakers --> day of relax
4) hera-ur --> i should be able to tackle mythical with monored (ares, homura, siren, gigas, freyr friend and last sub slot either a drall for orb conversion or an horus for orb enhancement..) or with a resist team (flare drall, hera, hera, keeper of dark, siren, luci friend)
5) hera --> either relax or get a few more hera for gravity skillup.. though i dunno if it's worth it... currently sitting on 3 hera so i doubt i need more
6) takeminakata --> no idea :X
7) athena --> dunno... dspinas, hera, hera-is, dj, vamp duke, luci friend *should* work
8) zeus --> dunno.. genbu, awoken herax3, king baddie, zeus friend.. but i need to work up a LOT for three awoken hera...
9) sword of flames --> well homura skillup will be welcome
10) thief descended --> dunno :X

this is my box atm: www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
gaf critique squad i summon thee :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone in the US interested in iTunes credit, Bed Bath and Beyond is doing $25 cards for $20. Probably going to grab one or two today.

Trying to clear the technical dungeons and would love to use an ulti Neptune(either one) for the last stage of Tower of Ice Water, so if anyone could help me out and put one up that would be awesome!

Thanks!

finally 'farmed' SS Zeus with my Haku team. Didn't go too bad and shes still around lvl 60. Very excited about the possiblity of this team. Nice HP and ATK, just short on RCV at the moment. Very easy to stall by cleared wood, light, and heal orbs and easy to fire off by matching 3x3 for 12.5x damage.

Need to farm for some gravity skillups though. I have d/d Hades at lvl 3, but HeraIs still at lvl 1.

linsivvi

finally 'farmed' SS Zeus with my Haku team. Didn't go too bad and shes still around lvl 60. Very excited about the possiblity of this team. Nice HP and ATK, just short on RCV at the moment. Very easy to stall by cleared wood, light, and heal orbs and easy to fire off by matching 3x3 for 12.5x damage.

Need to farm for some gravity skillups though. I have d/d Hades at lvl 3, but HeraIs still at lvl 1.

Yeah I am falling in love with my Haku team as well. There is so much synergy with the devil, gravity and orb enhance abilities.

J0dy77

Yeah I am falling in love with my Haku team as well. There is so much synergy with the devil, gravity and orb enhance abilities.

What teams are you guys running for this? I have Haku at max level and most both ur and IS max as well but finding the next best partners is difficult. Do you keep echidna in there? Run king baddie?

I was able to do it with Hera, Hera is, Hera Ur, Echidna. I tried it twice and it worked once. The first time I messed up while stalling. Once I max skill my gravitaties I may switch to this team permanently for farming SS Zeus.

linsivvi

What teams are you guys running for this? I have Haku at max level and most both ur and IS max as well but finding the next best partners is difficult. Do you keep echidna in there? Run king baddie?

I used Hera/Hera-Is/Hera-Ur/King Baddie for maximum burst damage against Descend Zeus. I would probably sub out King Baddie for Echidna if I was doing SS Zeus.

So Mystic Fire Dragon is coming as well. So many things happening next week!

Top Bottom