• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Still trying to understand the game, rerolled yesterday and got Raphael after tutorial, and next 5 gems gave me Baal. Think I'm gonna stay with them.
pgw1UUq.png
ru0oMoE.jpg
BY9nFum.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm Rank 64 right now, my last fully completed normal dungeon was Tower of Flare.

Didn't know that Tower of Giants was considered a rank farm location, though. Good to know.

(How's my ranking compare to my progress? Probably low, since I tend to be terrible at team building, and have mostly been pushing forward through sheer force)

Tower of Giants on weekends is ~400 XP/stam. I don't remember what rank people say to farm it until (someone will know), but you basically do it to get your team cost up.

Still trying to understand the game, rerolled yesterday and got Raphael after tutorial, and next 5 gems gave me Baal. Think I'm gonna stay with them.

Unless you're in the mood to keep rolling for Kirin, those two monsters together are actually not a bad start.

Ashodin

That's actually a really good 1/2 combo, if only for the problem of leveling them up easily (Dark types are inherently easier because Metal dragons come WAY too often)

Althane

My rolls were a Thanatos and Raphael when I started. I'm still using Thanatos, but... eh.

However, being ~70 days in makes me very disinclined to reroll, especially since I just completed my team of rippers.

(admittedly, I could probably blow through the early game content now, with my major limitation being time and jewel dragons)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My rolls were a Thanatos and Raphael when I started. I'm still using Thanatos, but... eh.

However, being ~70 days in makes me very disinclined to reroll, especially since I just completed my team of rippers.

(admittedly, I could probably blow through the early game content now, with my major limitation being time and jewel dragons)

What device are you playing on?

What level to rippers start seeing diminished returns?

Posts here have indicated early 20s being fine for rippers. Obviously that's not very specific, but for what it's worth, my old ADK team had lvl 20 rippers, and I was able to get pretty far in the normal/tech dungeons. Worked well on weekend dungeons as well, as long as I was able to rackup 7+ combos.

Ducarmel

I think the rule for rippers is level them until they reach 1000 atk, I guess that is why people say around 20 so it depends on which one your leveling up. Example Aurora needs to be level 28 to reach 1000 atk while Chaos needs to be level 17.

Jiraiza

I think the money train will slowly fade unless Gungho starts to introduce some fresh ideas. New busties every few months and more burst teams is getting boring and people will burn out.

I would love to start a Raphael squad, I'm on board and will make him a priority. Mine has sat at lvl 20ish for a long time because no one runs light teams. Definitely feels like there is some really strong potential with that team. Lets make a push to get light going. We have the resources in this thread.

2x Raphael - Thor, Zeus, Valk, Verche would be beastly.

I'm on the lookout for +297 Thors so we can have some fun times together but sadly there are none.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As someone with 140 box....

WAT

Once I rolled all the gods I wanted (except Neptune and a 2nd Hades...), I've spent my stones on box space and slowly expanding my friend's list. I should mention that I don't play any other major video games, so my "game budget" is spent on this game right now, haha. And by that, I mean like $30/month.

Althane

Once I rolled all the gods I wanted (except Neptune and a 2nd Hades...), I've spent my stones on box space and slowly expanding my friend's list. I should mention that I don't play any other major video games, so my "game budget" is spent on this game right now, haha. And by that, I mean like $30/month.

Ah, so you get the 30-stone bundle?

That would expand pretty quickly once you got all the Gods you wanted.

That's just crazy impressive though, since even in GodFests that's a, well, ungodly number of stones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah, so you get the 30-stone bundle?

That would expand pretty quickly once you got all the Gods you wanted.

That's just crazy impressive though, since even in GodFests that's a, well, ungodly number of stones.

Slowly but surely. :) I also would buy iTunes cards during crazy sales - $50 cards for $35? Yes please. That's how I started out getting all the gods I wanted. Now, I just buy stones as I need them or want them. Non-event times I just burn stam. During events or 2x drops on daily dungeons, I'll spend stones more.

It'd be easy to go whale in this game for a while, especially when chasing the REM. But once you get everything you want/need, it's less about getting the new gods and more about stam to grind XP. Really, 5 stones = 5 stam refills = LOTS of good XP during 2x king events, super metals, etc. All about control, haha.

Amon37

I also just got 140 box space I'm debating on using my 10 stones from my 100 day reward to get 50 more box space.

Holding Pengdra's, colored dragon, and dragon plants is starting to strain my monster box.

Speaking of pengdra's my pad herder makes it seem like I'll never max anything. Those 4mil exp curve monsters are brutal.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I also just got 140 box space I'm debating on using my 10 stones from my 100 day reward to get 50 more box space.

Holding Pengdra's, colored dragon, and dragon plants is starting to strain my monster box

Yup - this is why I have the box space I do. Once 2x plants hits, my box gets REALLY empty for a bit, haha.

Flambe

Dunno if I should even bother trying Zeus with a 2-Luci team but only 2 Hera gravities (and one of those unevolved lol) blah

Mine is only 79, but I'll have her up for a few minutes in case you can't find a better one.
Thanks! I'm in.

Edit:

Damn I was close. Everyone was charged up and everything. I think if I had used Hera Ur I may have gotten the kill. Also I would have survived a single attack instead of double strike. But I had an incredible board so I don't think this team could be very reliable. But if I had made it to Zeus I think I had it almost guaranteed.

thetechkid

I picked up another siren today and three have three tamadras sitting around. Would it be better to get a second fully awoken siren or skill up the one I currently have?

razterik

I'm starting to get a bunch of TAMADRA, what should I dump them into?

edit: How do I resize pics?

To resize, wrap the img tag with the quote tag. Like this, minus the ! marks: [!QUOTE][!IMG]url[!/IMG][!/QUOTE]

What's a bunch? I'm not really seeing anything that screams out for Awoken Skills here. I would just save them until you pick up something really worthwhile. If you just have to use them, I would prioritize REM gods first, so Loki, Ame no Uzume, and Minerva. Don't put them on Lucifer, his skills are terrible.

coy

Would love Apollo skillups in NA. I really like having him on my Kirin descended team. Still fluctuate between Athena/Apollo or Valk/Verche as the pair to place in a dungeon run. Anyways, sloppy play lead to a 4-stone defeat of Zeus with Kirin/Athena/Apollo/Echidna/Hera-Is/Kirin; also did 2-stone with Bastet/DDHades/Hera-Is/Persephone/Echidna/Bastet. Need to learn control of the combo count. If I had an Okuni friend on that was near-max level, I think that'd be a better fit for this dungeon. That extra delay and dark color would go a long way in better attempts at 0-stone clears.

I picked up another siren today and three have three tamadras sitting around. Would it be better to get a second fully awoken siren or skill up the one I currently have?
Definitely skill her up. Max skill Siren is one of the most important monsters to have at your disposal—right up there with max skill Echidna.

razterik

New PAL in JP is great. 3 Tamadras in 25 pulls. Wish I could have that luck on my US account. Five random high/king dragons from the event. Then probably over 50k exp from the random filler. So much better than getting garbage to sell off.

New PAL in JP is great. 3 Tamadras in 25 pulls. Wish I could have that luck on my US account. Five random high/king dragons from the event. Then probably over 50k exp from the random filler. So much better than getting garbage to sell off.
A there pal egg event atm?
No godfest announcement?

ok,

I need a skill up event. I am sitting on way to many birds, dark mystic knights, and even a light mystic knight and really need some box space...

I think this week was designed to get us to get more box space...

J0dy77

4 MDK drops in 2 runs? What sorcery is this? I need 2 more skill ups on my CDK and as many on my DDK as I can get for the low cost dungeons.

Your new avatar is throwing me off Boss! I keep expecting the shocked half life guard. But I do not mind the new one in the slightest. ;)

Would love Apollo skillups in NA. I really like having him on my Kirin descended team. Still fluctuate between Athena/Apollo or Valk/Verche as the pair to place in a dungeon run. Anyways, sloppy play lead to a 4-stone defeat of Zeus with Kirin/Athena/Apollo/Echidna/Hera-Is/Kirin; also did 2-stone with Bastet/DDHades/Hera-Is/Persephone/Echidna/Bastet. Need to learn control of the combo count. If I had an Okuni friend on that was near-max level, I think that'd be a better fit for this dungeon. That extra delay and dark color would go a long way in better attempts at 0-stone clears.
Luckily for us Apollo skillups come from the Crystal Skull dungeon - you're just going to have to wait a bit for the OOPArt Dragons to rotate all the way through.

Edit: okay yeah new PAL machine is pretty cool

Edit 2: new event starts Monday. King Dragons in PAL.

I'm trying to decide if I should pump Athena or a second Valk. Any thoughts? Is Athena any good, or is she just a novelty?
Athena is pretty cool paired with/as a sub on Izanagi or Bastet. Apparently she's also moe because I have two players on my JP friends list who have had a max level unevolved Athena for literal months.

chrono01

All I need are two Dub-topalit and one Dub-mythlit to evolve my Kirin [already have the Tamadra to fully Awaken her]. This is like my sixth run of that weekly getting nothing but Dub-emelit and the odd Dub-sapphlit. ~_~

I only have 50 Stamina so I can't get many runs in each Friday, and I'm not refreshing my Stamina using a Magic Stone! If I need to wait a month+, so be it!

Top Bottom