• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

I was able to do it with Hera, Hera is, Hera Ur, Echidna. I tried it twice and it worked once. The first time I messed up while stalling. Once I max skill my gravitaties I may switch to this team permanently for farming SS Zeus.

I'll have to mess around with this more, it's just so hard to max skill one gravity let alone two. My IS is at skill level 3 and hera at 2. That's not happening for a long time.

Tobe

help a brother out i need a friend with a war deity of fury ares, seems the only way i can get through tower of nature.

id

369 376 278

tobe@gaf

help a brother out i need a friend with a war deity of fury ares, seems the only way i can get through tower of nature.

id

369 376 278

tobe@gaf

added you :)
name's witchedwiz, i'm pretty much always with ares (evo'ed but not busty) :p
you need him busty?
i'll busty him next week, didn't bother because i was short on mats and it really didn't bring any serious improvement for my mono red :p

Tobe

added you :)
name's witchedwiz, i'm pretty much always with ares (evo'ed but not busty) :p
you need him busty?
i'll busty him next week, didn't bother because i was short on mats and it really didn't bring any serious improvement for my mono red :p

ty, and yeah im running vamp for that 2x dark, and i really need that 2xhp. but thanks for the add if you busty him next week no prob :)

thetechkid

FRnQHVOl.png
vDBjWukl.png

Would I be able to take any of the descended dungeons or Takeminakata with my current monsters?

What teams are you guys running for this? I have Haku at max level and most both ur and IS max as well but finding the next best partners is difficult. Do you keep echidna in there? Run king baddie?

Ur, Is, D/D Hades, Echidna

That's really all you need. Higher Gravity skill means less stalling.

FRnQHVOl.png
vDBjWukl.png

Would I be able to take any of the descended dungeons or Takeminakata with my current monsters?

mm
you have a decent level max skill siren..
get a monster with perseverance (gigas possibly but ogre will do..), get a rk, and uhmmm something that brings rcv &hp to the table.. then look for a godin friend (considering your monster box you need max level awoken godin, possibly with some awekening) and you *should* be able to pull off hera with some stoning (say 5-6)..
other stuff i dunno..
you don't have a strong enough monodark for doing anything in particular nor a strong enough monored to tackle 2heroes.. :|

Jiraiza

No I meant the fire/water/wood Archangels. Raph's skillup drops from one of the bosses of Twinlits Descended, enjoy you're 60stam 50% drop runs

Not really a problem since I have extra stones to burn and I have a team that I think will be able to clear the dungeon in less than 10 minutes.

linsivvi

FRnQHVOl.png
vDBjWukl.png

Get a Drawn Joker from the special dungeon on Monday. Spend the whole week to gather the required mats, evolve it to max state and level it up as much as you can. Put him as your leader + 4 the Rainbow Keepers that you already have. Find a Lucifer friend and you should be able to 0 or 1 stone Hera.

Alternatively, you can use 3 RKs + Siren as well.

thetechkid

Thanks guys for the tips. Been farming Gigas for a while now with no luck so I'm gonna try to get a Pierdrawn and max it out, Hopefully this week I'll be able to get a Dub-mythlit..

linsivvi

Thanks guys for the tips. Been farming Gigas for a while now with no luck so I'm gonna try to get a Pierdrawn and max it out, Hopefully this week I'll be able to get a Dub-mythlit..

If you use 4 RKs you'll be relying on the Joker to generate hearts so if you're unlucky you could be heart screwed, but you'll be able survive Hades forever. If you use 3RKs + Siren you will be safer in the other rounds, but you must kill Hades within 24 turns.

thetechkid

If you use 4 RKs you'll be relying on the Joker to generate hearts so if you're unlucky you could be heart screwed, but you'll be able survive Hades forever. If you use 3RKs + Siren you will be safer in the other rounds, but you must kill Hades within 24 turns.

My team building skills in this game are in the negative numbers so which would likely be the better route to go?

Althane

I've got lots of Pengras turning into the evolved form, but they're all reds...

Is there an easily farmable monster I should be leveling up for use?

I've got lots of Pengras turning into the evolved form, but they're all reds...

Is there an easily farmable monster I should be leveling up for use?

Echidna is like, THE farmable red monster but Gigas is also a good target because of the ridulous amount of EXP you need to pour into his 4* form before he can evolve (~1.5m)

chrono01

Where's the best place to get here if Red Snake Empress isn't going on?
There isn't one.

I've been trying for weeks during the 1.5x drops and I still don't have her. It's a shame too as I really need her for my Kirin team. ~_~

I really hope Scarlet Snake Princess comes up again soon...

Limit

Where's the best place to get here if Red Snake Empress isn't going on?

I got mine from Hyperion Lava flow - serpent loved by flame. She appears there twice so .0003% higher chance to acquire from there compared to other normal dungeons.

While we've noted it before it never quite dawned on me how much better Mei Mei has become since when she was first introduced. With Awakenings and busties she now has a pretty substantial suite of (REM) options for leaders/subs:
Bastet: awakenings (2) and (3) and her dual elements
Yomi: his/her dual elements, orb movement awakenings, and active
Athena: Orb enhancement
Izanagi: Active
Ookuninushi: Delay

linsivvi

While we've noted it before it never quite dawned on me how much better Mei Mei has become since when she was first introduced. With Awakenings and busties she now has a pretty substantial suite of (REM) options for leaders/subs:
Bastet: awakenings (2) and (3) and her dual elements
Yomi: his/her dual elements, orb movement awakenings, and active
Athena: Orb enhancement
Izanagi: Active
Ookuninushi: Delay

Too bad I have none of those (though I plan to take a crack at Athena this time), so my Mei Mei will remain shelved. The great thing about Haku is that all the subs are farmable.

Kreed

http://i.imgur.com/FRnQHVOl.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vDBjWukl.png[IMG]

Would I be able to take any of the descended dungeons or Takeminakata with my current monsters?[/QUOTE]

You have Kushinada so there's not much you "can't" take on with her leader skill and a friend Kushinada/Bastet/Okuninushi depending on how good your orb matching skills are. I'd definitely give Heroes and Hera a shot since they aren't technical dungeons and Takeminakata should be a cake walk for you since there's only 3 orb types available. Otherwise, follow the advice the others gave and get your hands on a Drawn Joker.

[quote="Ducarmel, post: 91114863"]Just saw /v/ pad guide get updated and they put Dark Metatron as number 1, is she that good?

[url]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit[/url][/QUOTE]

Her leader skill is x4 for attacker types when her hp is lower than 80%. Unlike most x4 spike damage monsters, there's no matching needed to activate and while not as strong as Goemon/UFO, you don't have to get your HP to dangerously low levels, and you could take a heart cascade or two and still have your skill active.

Her active skill is light/dark orb enhance, so you would make her team even stronger by using light/dark attacker monsters/orb changers (otherwise just run King Flamie). And fully awoken, she can't be affected by bind.

You won't see her in the OP however or many people mentioning her because she can only be pulled during a Godfest and running an attacker only team can be annoying since there aren't many "great" attackers in either version and most of the good ones like Hanzo can only be gotten from the Rare Egg Machine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Kreed

I love that they made a #onetruegod tier. No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot get good with him. At all.

Also, I think I agree with that list. I'm actually considering just putting that in the OP as it contains a good breakdown AND the new gods.

The whole document is very well done, particularly the team building and what monsters to farm for.

Musan

I personally think Dark Metatron is overrated. The team is fast and the damage output is very high, but it can't do some descends easily, or at all, like Athena. Kouryu isn't even possible unless you have a team of 4 Dark Metatrons, kushi, and a gryps rider, and everyone has +297 eggs. So, a dark metatron team can be really good, but most, if not all of your subs will come from the REM machine.

che..
have 30-35 small dragon per colour, 10 pendra max level per color....
and no thursday dragon/plant loot....
and my box is screaming for some empty space..
paint me pained...

There is, IMO, a "whale" tier consisting of D.Meta, Astaroth, Izanagi, and possibly Mei Mei which consists of monsters that are good but require you to roll the REM more often than other team comps require.

There is, IMO, a "whale" tier consisting of D.Meta, Astaroth, Izanagi, and possibly Mei Mei which consists of monsters that are good but require you to roll the REM more often than other team comps require.
How does that team work? Who's the leader?

That's a pretty good guide. Are you guys sure that monsters are ranked in order within their own tiers, and not randomly ordered within tiers? I'd personally put Kirin at #1, but maybe the tiers also take ease of use for beginners into account. D.Meta's potential is listed as High, while monsters like Luci and Kirin are listed as Very High.

Musan

A good Izanagi team would have Izanagi/Athena as leaders, Genbu/Verche/Echidna/Thor?/ as subs. Genbu and Verche are a great combination on light teams.

Also, I think Cosmo was referring teams that use that monsters as leaders, not as a whole.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

WHALE TIER!!!

DTron and Izanagi look more and more enticing as I read more about them. I wouldn't mind rolling for them, but they aren't totally necessary for me just yet.

Ducarmel

That's a pretty good guide. Are you guys sure that monsters are ranked in order within their own tiers, and not randomly ordered within tiers?

Its in order before Okuninushi was put on the list Lucifer was number one and they would flip flop between Sakuya and Horus for number 2, Bastet before her busty was in great tier.

I wonder if its just a troll messing with the file because if I recall the last time I looked at the guide maybe 2 days ago Dark Metatron was in great tier not god tier. I never seen a Dark Metatron team in action that is why I wondered if its accurate she would be number 1.

edit: Damn I just realized Bastet even moved up the list overtaking Luci.

I meant that each monster alone has their own team, but each team requires a lot of REM pulls to work well.

yup..
a GOOD asta team is
asta lead
1-2 devil of choice between [baal,amon,belial]
1-2 good stat stick devil (possibly another gravity)
gravity (hera is)
asta friend

why?
meh.. even if left unskilled 2 counter should cover your need, you can go with a third counter based on the enemy (boss descend) weakness but that's that.. if you bring anymore archdevil you'll basically bringing a stat stick without an active skill..
those 1-2 stat stick devil slot can be filled with say.. lucifer devil version for the nuke... neptune w/d for poison... and a lot of other option..
I've even seen some guys running with
asta
baal
hera-is
belial
hades busty
luci sod friend
since lucifer would be the ONLY monster missing astaroth lead skill, while everyone else will get both luci and asta..
as a result you have 3 counter, 2 gravity, 1 nuke...

sounds a great team, but.....
asta is rem, belial is rem, hades is rem, neptune is rem, luci sod is rem, amon is rem, luci devil is rem, shit everything save hera-is is rem in that setup :)
plus atm there are no astaroth skillup in the us (if there was, you could run with 1-2 archdevil and have perma counter up, so that would free 1 more slot for utility)..
what's great for this team?
4 hp, 1 atk, 4 rcv..
all of them have a nice rcv, plus you bring to the table 2x gravity, permacounter (you hit a lot if you're hit for a lot), nuke and with that 4rcv you'll take a 3-4 combo with a single 3heal sphere to heal for a shitton! and you're hp at max level will be in the 60k+ range without +eggs... :|
but dem rem pulls...

If that list is in order then I have to disagree with what they have. I can't see Dark Metatron being number one, and maybe not even top tier. Plus I am still not convinced that Bastet is better than Horus and she is certainly not better than Kirin.

Top Bottom