• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

thanksgiving event is going to be awesome. hope we get another godfest (prays for good rem pulls)

i'll call dibs on:
greco-roman (i want one of each!!!!), this is my number one prio.. neptune and hades can fit in a lot of team comp, plus the other aren't bad... venus and ceres wold be good for my healer team :)
archdevil (doubt it will happen but i could use a baal and amon..)
chinese god 2.0 (byakko and kirin i MUST HAVE! suzaku and seiryuu are pretty down in my priority list)
archangel luci i want, but the other archangel are luckluster for me (raphael is NICE, but he needs to have healer subtype in his busty...) :|

Tobe

i'll call dibs on:
greco-roman (i want one of each!!!!), this is my number one prio.. neptune and hades can fit in a lot of team comp, plus the other aren't bad... venus and ceres wold be good for my healer team :)
archdevil (doubt it will happen but i could use a baal and amon..)
chinese god 2.0 (byakko and kirin i MUST HAVE! suzaku and seiryuu are pretty down in my priority list)
archangel luci i want, but the other archangel are luckluster for me (raphael is NICE, but he needs to have healer subtype in his busty...) :|

you sure are picky, i just wanna get gods. you all saw what i pulled last time lol.

Kreed

How does that team work? Who's the leader?

That's a pretty good guide. Are you guys sure that monsters are ranked in order within their own tiers, and not randomly ordered within tiers? I'd personally put Kirin at #1, but maybe the tiers also take ease of use for beginners into account. D.Meta's potential is listed as High, while monsters like Luci and Kirin are listed as Very High.

If they are ordering by ease of use for new users in addition to power WITHIN the tier, then it makes more sense why Dark Metatron is so high within the god tier since Kirin, Umisachi & Yamasachi, and Ra take more set up than the others in regards to getting proper orb changer team members. It's really easy to just grab some basic demons and go to town with Dark Metatron as a beginner without much set up.

Edit:

What;s so good about Izanagi? Mine's just been chillin' for a while, now, competing for EXP with Athena and Zeus (and Batman).

3.5x Attack for God Types when HP is above 80%, x2 attack active for God Types for one turn. Only difficulty is keeping your HP up and fielding a team of gods, but otherwise he's a great spike option/better than the mono color teams for later descends.

What;s so good about Izanagi? Mine's just been chillin' for a while, now, competing for EXP with Athena and Zeus (and Batman).

His active lets you do preposterous amounts of damage when crushing descendeds and has good color compatibility with many teams, and from personal experience his leader skill puts in the work. Just wish there were a 5 turn heartbreaking God monster. But again the types of teams he works well on as a leader/sub require good luck with the REM.

Musan

I would say bastet is better than horus, just because bastet can make a killer 16x healet burst team with king shynee. But they are 2 sides of a same coin, one depends on color, the other on combos.

xCobalt

Just noticed the Pierdra dungeon lasts for 2 weeks. Thought it would only be for a day. That should definitely be enough time to max skill my Drawn Joker.

Just noticed the Pierdra dungeon lasts for 2 weeks. Thought it would only be for a day. That should definitely be enough time to max skill my Drawn Joker.

What's the advantage of a siren over a drawn joker as a sub aside from her being easy to skill up. If you have them both maxed would a drawn joker be better for a dark team?

I would say bastet is better than horus, just because bastet can make a killer 16x healet burst team with king shynee. But they are 2 sides of a same coin, one depends on color, the other on combos.
I actually never thought of this. Hopefully Horus's busty gives him a subtype that can be similarly buffed.

What's the advantage of a siren over a drawn joker as a sub aside from her being easy to skill up. If you have them both maxed would a drawn joker be better for a dark team?
You said it. She's just the easiest heart maker to skill-up, which also made her useful on non-water teams just for her active skill. In days past, her auto-heal also factored into her value. But I think she's really fallen down the tier list nowadays since we've gotten skill-up monsters for heart makers in every color now. And auto-heal isn't as useful as it once was. For Dark teams, a max skill Jester Dragon is definitely better for the elemental synergy.

Amon37

che..
have 30-35 small dragon per colour, 10 pendra max level per color....
and no thursday dragon/plant loot....
and my box is screaming for some empty space..
paint me pained...

that's why I've decided to just keep 10 dragons and 5 pengdra's at a time.

You said it. She's just the easiest heart maker to skill-up, which also made her useful on non-water teams just for her active skill. In days past, her auto-heal also factored into her value. But I think she's really fallen down the tier list nowadays since we've gotten skill-up monsters for heart makers in every color now. And auto-heal isn't as useful as it once was. For Dark teams, a max skill Jester Dragon is definitely better for the elemental synergy.

Alright. Looking forward to the dungeon then and iIll work on leveling my pierdrawn.

Bilix

Hey GAF, I could really use your help. I want to run Legendary Blizzard Dragon - Master, but I'll need an Odin in order to do so. Of course, when I wanted to run it during x2 Drop, all of the Odins disappeared from my Friends List. If anyone could spare me an Odin, I would be super grateful!

J0dy77

Dat feeling when a Tamadra drops...

E: Two runs in a row. THEM the feels you want.

Something must be going on today. I got 3 dubs in about 5 or 6 runs of goddess of harvest. Now I just need to figure out what to evolve.

Saving 3 for vamp, viper and Susano.

Side note, is anyone starting to max out a bunch of characters? It seems like the slow leveling process across multiple monsters is starting to come to a close. I've got a handful of mobs very close to finishing off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Something must be going on today. I got 3 dubs in about 5 or 6 runs of goddess of harvest. Now I just need to figure out what to evolve.

Saving 3 for vamp, viper and Susano.

Side note, is anyone starting to max out a bunch of characters? It seems like the slow leveling process across multiple monsters is starting to come to a close. I've got a handful of mobs very close to finishing off.

There's that point where monsters just start maxing - it's fantastic. The next hard part is deciding who to max next. I have some guys I use once in a while, but nobody that I consider a "must have" max. The other challenge is when you have a descended team that COULD benefit from one monster (like a Genie or something), but that monster is worthless otherwise. *sigh*

Flambe

Hey GAF, I could really use your help. I want to run Legendary Blizzard Dragon - Master, but I'll need an Odin in order to do so. Of course, when I wanted to run it during x2 Drop, all of the Odins disappeared from my Friends List. If anyone could spare me an Odin, I would be super grateful!

Will throw mine up for ya after finishing this dungeon =]

personal view of the events atm..
1) zeus descended... only chance for me would be finishing my astaroth team....
2) heroes descended... eh i can rip em with monored
3) breakers --> day of relax
4) hera-ur --> i should be able to tackle mythical with monored (ares, homura, siren, gigas, freyr friend and last sub slot either a drall for orb conversion or an horus for orb enhancement..) or with a resist team (flare drall, hera, hera, keeper of dark, siren, luci friend)
5) hera --> either relax or get a few more hera for gravity skillup.. though i dunno if it's worth it... currently sitting on 3 hera so i doubt i need more
6) takeminakata --> no idea :X
7) athena --> dunno... dspinas, hera, hera-is, dj, vamp duke, luci friend *should* work
8) zeus --> dunno.. genbu, awoken herax3, king baddie, zeus friend.. but i need to work up a LOT for three awoken hera...
9) sword of flames --> well homura skillup will be welcome
10) thief descended --> dunno :X

this is my box atm: www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
gaf critique squad i summon thee :)
quote myself looking for gaf critique :p

i failed to ready asta team sigh..
king//high dragon haul was insufficient for levelling astaroth enough..

Amon37

so for my mono dark team I got a drop of the drawn joker. so I should level and evo him then run this dungeon repeatedly to skill up and replace my siren for him?

Zero_IYAD

Guys who Max skilled their DJ in the Japanese version, which is better to run, Int or Expert? since there are 2 enemies in the final round on Int vs 1 on Expert

Musan

I was able to 0-stone Kouryu with my Byakko KoG farming team. Definitely was tense though, had to stall on Seizaku, but just bursted through everything else since the tama kept binding my echidna. Luckily, Uli-evo'd persephone pulled me through that snafu.

J0dy77

13 Pulls from the PAL REM, and I got two Tamadra.

This pleases me greatly.

o_O

30 pulls this morning and nothing but blobs. I did get one green golem. Felt like I was pulling the REM. Not happy.

Anybody have luck with skill ups? Just went 0/32 across a few different things. 2x where?

Did have luck with skillups. 1 for 2 on Neptune and cdk.

I'll be spending a lot of time in hypno forest today. I ran it twice and got 4 plus eggs. Don't run hill of iris if you're looking for eggs.

J0dy77

Guys who Max skilled their DJ in the Japanese version, which is better to run, Int or Expert? since there are 2 enemies in the final round on Int vs 1 on Expert

Due to the way drops work (per floor, not per mob) Expert is better.

I'm also convinced that when there are multiple difficulties of a dungeon the higher level has the better chance of drop regardless of how many versions appear at the end of the dungeon.

I remember way back I tried farming a Siren from Mermaid feast where there were 3 of her, never dropped. I ran it hundreds of times. Once I switched to the single instance higher up she dropped.

Zero_IYAD

Due to the way drops work (per floor, not per mob) Expert is better.
I'm also convinced that when there are multiple difficulties of a dungeon the higher level has the better chance of drop regardless of how many versions appear at the end of the dungeon.

I remember way back I tried farming a Siren from Mermaid feast where there were 3 of her, never dropped. I ran it hundreds of times. Once I switched to the single instance higher up she dropped.

Looks like this dungeon will get a x2 on weekends too!
Gonna farm it on the 30th/Nov & 8th/Dec

Ducarmel

^
Hill of Iris's Rainbow - Goddess in Paradise

10 rounds, 396 / Stamina, and a chance for Dub-mythlit to drop.

I have been having terrible luck getting Dub-mythlit the past 2 weeks there though.

J0dy77

^
Hill of Iris's Rainbow - Goddess in Paradise

10 rounds, 396 / Stamina, and a chance for Dub-mythlit to drop.

I have been having terrible luck getting Dub-mythlit the past 2 weeks there though.

No Hill of Iris? Why?

If you are strictly looking for + Eggs do not run Hill of Iris. Hill of Iris only has two types for mobs, the Chimera and the Pengdras. The Pengdras do not drop as + and the Chimera have an extremely low chance. The next tier mono color dungeons below hill have a chance for ogres and devils to show up and are what will really up your + egg chance. Like I mentioned before, 4 + eggs in two runs of Hypno forest so far today. While I've run Hill for a full bar of stamina during other 5x event and never saw a + egg.

If you are strictly looking for + Eggs do not run Hill of Iris. Hill of Iris only has two types for mobs, the Chimera and the Pengdras. The Pengdras do not drop as + and the Chimera have an extremely low chance. The next tier mono color dungeons below hill have a chance for ogres and devils to show up and are what will really up your + egg chance. Like I mentioned before, 4 + eggs in two runs of Hypno forest so far today. While I've run Hill for a full bar of stamina during other 5x event and never saw a + egg.

small sample size : 2 runs of Isis and 2 + eggs

I would run it more, but no one is putting up Ur to run the devil teams

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I barely see any Urs on my list as well. The team seems solid enough, but I guess no one wants to spend the 5 million XP for raising her.

Horus, Goemon, and Freyr get my red XP right now. Although I haven't been using Horus lately because of Kirin and Bastet...I should bump my Ur up I guess. I have a bunch of red XP to use.

E: Notable PAL pulls of my 14...2 emerald kings, 1 metal king, 1 +egg. Not terrible since I'm trying to level Dios.

suko_32

Ran the Pierdra dungeon 4 times so far and not a single good drop. I can tell this is not going to be fun.

Edit: At least it's a breeze with Valk team.

Top Bottom