• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

StMeph

Horus, Goemon, and Freyr get my red XP right now. Although I haven't been using Horus lately because of Kirin and Bastet...I should bump my Ur up I guess. I have a bunch of red XP to use.

Going to SS you some red XP.

BRB hacking GungHo to fix your next PAL pull. 10x Super Ruby Kings incoming.

Althane

Cleared the Jester Dragon dungeon (nov/int/exp in 3 runs, very fun. Rippers are so damn good, can't believe I wasn't working for them sooner), and got my Piedra. Should I keep farming it for the chance of skill ups, or is there a better mob to farm up with?

And now that I've got it... what should I do for the festival? Decisions decisions...

Edit: Also, 4/10 on skillups for my Hellray Harpie Demon. Not only is it murdering most anything I am running into, the Motley Dragon dungeon is great for giving me Bomb skill ups.

Zero_IYAD

Seriously! x1.5 Drop Rate + x5 +eggs.. 112 stamina burnt, only 3 +eggs >.> !!
No thanks, weekend OoH deal is waaaay better, last weekend got me 15 +eggs & 7 Mystic Masks

suko_32

Cleared the Jester Dragon dungeon (nov/int/exp in 3 runs, very fun. Rippers are so damn good, can't believe I wasn't working for them sooner), and got my Piedra. Should I keep farming it for the chance of skill ups, or is there a better mob to farm up with?

The only reason why I'm trying to max skill Drawn Joker is to replace Siren on a Luci team when I need a heart converter.

50 pulls. Very happy with my results:

2 +eggs
3 Pengdra
7 Kings
1Super King
1Tamadra

Not so lucky on the skillup side.

1/15 on vampire
1/1 on Neptune (yay?)

If you are strictly looking for + Eggs do not run Hill of Iris. Hill of Iris only has two types for mobs, the Chimera and the Pengdras. The Pengdras do not drop as + and the Chimera have an extremely low chance. The next tier mono color dungeons below hill have a chance for ogres and devils to show up and are what will really up your + egg chance. Like I mentioned before, 4 + eggs in two runs of Hypno forest so far today. While I've run Hill for a full bar of stamina during other 5x event and never saw a + egg.
I ran Hill of Iris a ton last event and I averaged just over 1 +egg per run. And I got a bunch of dubs on top of that. So I was planning on running it again today but I may run Hypno Forest a few times to give it a try.

Althane

7 pulls, 1 King Ruby.

Rest was trash. Eh.

I wish it was something other than King Ruby, though. I've got like 7 evolved Pengdras waiting to feed to something, and I haven't gotten a good Fire monster to feed.

3 runs of Hypno with no +eggs
1 run of Hill of Iris with no +eggs
1 run of Talos's Abyss with no +eggs

I don't know.

If I don't get 1 + egg in 2 runs, I usually take a break or run something else. This shit is really streaky. RNG or no RNG, sometimes you just have to come back later and hope for better results

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I don't get 1 + egg in 2 runs, I usually take a break or run something else. This shit is really streaky. RNG or no RNG, sometimes you just have to come back later and hope for better results

I know REM pulls are streaky, but I didn't even think about the dungeons being streaky. Valid point.

I'm going to stop after this run.

23 pal pulls, 1 king metal, 1 king gold, 2 + eggs

Skill ups so far
1/3 Neptune
1/5 chaos dragon knight voice
0/2 Kano
0/2 valk
1/8 wingman

Pierdrawn farmed (1/1 run)
2 + eggs in one run of the last level of the light technical before hill of Iris. Not sure if I want to run that with Hera-ur or talos's abyss with valk...

Haven't tried OoP dragon yet, not sure what I want to do today.

2 + eggs in one run of the last level of the light technical before hill of Iris. Not sure if I want to run that with Hera-ur or talos's abyss with valk...

Haven't tried OoP dragon yet, not sure what I want to do today.

Both are quite easy respectively if you have a decently leveled team. You're talking about doing 18x damage to the bosses....

Guys who Max skilled their DJ in the Japanese version, which is better to run, Int or Expert? since there are 2 enemies in the final round on Int vs 1 on Expert

Cosmo and I did on JP side. Ran nothing but master and 2 weeks was more than enough time for me to max skill. Was around rank 90ish and non IAP.

Took me about a week doing nothing but running the dungeon to max skill mine starting from SL2, for reference. I think the_log_ride took a bit longer but the dungeon shit on him RNG wise a bit worse than me.

I also have like five Wicked Ladies and an almost max skilled Persephone chilling in my box because the evo requirements are a pain in the ass. Nebra Disk has two waves with guaranteed evolved Wicked Ladies so that might be a better option for those looking for skillups.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
These +egg drops are crazy low for me. I've only seen 1 +egg drop in all the runs I've done. I'm spreading them out-ish, but I've probably run about 20 tech dungeons today with 1 +egg. Ugh.

Nista

Not that I'll be running it yet, with all the pierdras that need to be skilled up, but what teams do you guys suggest for the Mystic Fire Dragon dungeon? Guess my old mono blue standby won't work, but not sure if I should go burst or Asty.

I was able to 0-stone Kouryu with my Byakko KoG farming team. Definitely was tense though, had to stall on Seizaku, but just bursted through everything else since the tama kept binding my echidna. Luckily, Uli-evo'd persephone pulled me through that snafu.
What team is that, and what was your strategy?

I beat him, but I used a Horus team, and that cost me stones on Fagan himself.

Blue Pirate Dragon Alvida has a fun gimmick: half her attacks pillage you, but instead of jammers she turns a random orb color to heart orbs. Seems like she's doing you a favor... until she poisonbreaks your heart orbs. Heart makers are definitely recommended.

Not that I'll be running it yet, with all the pierdras that need to be skilled up, but what teams do you guys suggest for the Mystic Fire Dragon dungeon? Guess my old mono blue standby won't work, but not sure if I should go burst or Asty.
Never did it on Legendary but Horus/Bastet and the rest of the combos-matter/color-matters gods have an easier time in general on the Mystic dragons cause the color short gives you an easier time making matches.

linsivvi

Red ripper or any other red resist would make it easy. Resist works on the 99%hp attack too.

I would assume its Haku, 2 grav users include Hera-Is, Echidna, + another strong sub.

Depends on what you have, my Haku team is D/D Hades, Is, Ur, Echidna.
That's my Haku team, as well (except I would switch one of them for Neptune for the masks/mythlit/Tamadra round, which is surprisingly tough).

The problem, though, is that that team is weak on RCV and can't take a hit--and thus can't stall for gravity. It also sounds like he had Persephone on his team.

J0dy77

I take back what I said about Hill of Iris and + egg drops. Got 4 eggs in 3 rounds, not sure why this event is suddenly different.

Musan

What team is that, and what was your strategy?

I beat him, but I used a Horus team, and that cost me stones on Fagan himself.

Subs were Hera-is/persephone/loki/Echidna.

Strategy was to stall on with echidna, try to burst up to floor 6, try to recharge skills before kirin, then burst everything afterwards.

I do have to say, +eggs do make a huge differnce, when you have to heal up to above 20k. Also, there was a bit of luck involved, since I never had to clear the board for certain color orbs. Also, I didn't have to worry about tamadra binding my echidna, since persephone has a red subtype. Once Vamp gets his ulti, I might replace loki with him for this dungeon.

Jagernaut

40 pal pulls:

2 king sapphires
2 king metals
1 super king metal
2 super king golds

The rest were trash with a couple of Pengdra. No Tamadras.

Fire OoP dragon dungeon was easy, and a grind on legend...

I got an evo'd minotaur along with the Dragon (legend) but I can't remember if there is an invade or not.

Got the trophy, now to get to max skilling Drawn Joker

Zero_IYAD

Cosmo and I did on JP side. Ran nothing but master and 2 weeks was more than enough time for me to max skill. Was around rank 90ish and non IAP.
Thanks, gonna farm the hell outta it on x2 days

Fire OoP dragon dungeon was easy, and a grind on legend...

I got an evo'd minotaur along with the Dragon (legend) but I can't remember if there is an invade or not.

Got the trophy, now to get to max skilling Drawn Joker
Wait for the x2 days bro

Anyone do mystic fire dragon yet? I'm thinking Horus works decently?
Just beat Legend with the usual double Luci + 3 gravity users.
Add Echidna or a heart maker for more safety.
I even forgot that it has no water orbs & took Hera-Is & Parvati along :X
Still went smoothly.

xCobalt

Anyone do mystic fire dragon yet? I'm thinking Horus works decently?

I did it with a mono blue team only because none of my friends had leaders that worked for me at that moment. Went with a 4/2/2 team. Seems like it would take long but it wasn't too bad. With a few dual element monsters and a good string of combos, it'll be enough to clear the trash mobs. The boss wasn't hard at all. I was able to turn the entire board blue every once in awhile which dealt a lot of damage. Safe and very little risk especially with a Siren.

8 run on expert no pierdra, just one wicked lady..
orb ability seems neat, but stat-wise.. it's really lackluster....
i want to maxskill my pierdra

I have a grodin resist team and a mono dark with luci and one gravity user, can I defeat heroes descended?

you should be able..
just get a heartmaker (siren for example)..
your main worry will be to NOT have more than 2 synched vmapire, and then to obliterate one of the dudebro on the last floor...

gafcritique, on last floor of two heroes for my mono red what's better?
blow up everything and instakill highlander (i *should* be able to do it, if the board has some fire orb and enough water/heal to instagib him with horus active) since he has a pittiance of hp, or try to gib siegfried? sieg has 1 million and i sure can't deal one million in 2-3 turn lest the orbs favour me :X

and better to run with friend ares or friend freyr?
if i go dual ares, i should have a lot of extra oomph and apart from vampire floor there's nothing that worries me in terms on damage soaking...

Top Bottom