• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Althane

Getting enough stam for two runs of the Emerald dragons tonight, then done for the day.

Still trying to determine how to best spend my time during this festival. Don't think I'm ready for any of the Descendeds, but I did pick up my Piedra (and evolving it shouldn't be too much of a hassle).

I've gotten all my rippers evolved and at around 1k atk (and then some... feeding them pengdra XP is not always a precise science). What should I be going for now? Getting an Echidna would be nice, but... she don't wanna drop.

Same for Siren. Not sure where to take it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Getting enough stam for two runs of the Emerald dragons tonight, then done for the day.

Still trying to determine how to best spend my time during this festival. Don't think I'm ready for any of the Descendeds, but I did pick up my Piedra (and evolving it shouldn't be too much of a hassle).

I've gotten all my rippers evolved and at around 1k atk (and then some... feeding them pengdra XP is not always a precise science). What should I be going for now? Getting an Echidna would be nice, but... she don't wanna drop.

Same for Siren. Not sure where to take it.

You would probably want to focus on getting a Hera. You may be able to put together a decent team and nab a good gravity girl. And she's a 100% drop, so...

Also, Echidna/Siren are both incredible, and if you can muster up the patience, run the highest dungeon where they show up in 1.5x drop. The two of them are important for starting out your descended journey. Echidna more than Siren, but I still field my Siren once in a while.

coy

100 Pal pulls across 2 accounts netted me:

4 Supers
3 Kings
3 +egg
2 Tamadra
1 Golem

Fortunately, I pulled a Tama on each account. I already ate the one on my main as I committed the first 5 Tamadra I get for G.Odin. 2 down, 3 to go... =/

On my other, I already have Kirin with 2. I could finish her off, less for the actual awoken skill and more for completeness sake. I could put them on Yomi for the extra 1s, but that presupposes I pull a good lead to take full advantage of that (Okuni!) for me to spend 3 on her. I could use it as a +egg bank. I'd just rather not do nothing with it, rare as they may be.

chrono01

Is there any chance that I can take on Two Heroes with a fully-leveled Batman D/D as my Leader, and then two Rainbow Knights, a fully-leveled Peirdrawn, a decently-leveled Vampire Lord [maybe a fully-leveled Siren instead?], and a high-leveled Lucifer as my friend?

I realize that my team isn't the best, but I really want to grab a Highlander and Berserk for my Kirin team. I suppose I could wait until next time it comes around...

Is there any chance that I can take on Two Heroes with a fully-leveled Batman D/D as my Leader, and then two Rainbow Knights, a fully-leveled Peirdrawn, a decently-leveled Vampire Lord [maybe a fully-leveled Siren instead?], and a high-leveled Lucifer as my friend?

I realize that my team isn't the best, but I really want to grab a Highlander and Berserk for my Kirin team. I suppose I could wait until next time it comes around...
Well... Consider this, you can go but if your pierdra isn't Max skilled you're bound to spend some stones if you get orb trolled...
If your matching skilled are good though you'll ve fine..
Have all skill ready @4th floor..
If 2 vamp are sync-ed insta gib one..
If three vamp are synched , instagib One and pop rk to absorb part of the dmg...
Grind One vamp away, recharge your skill, Grind the other One.
Last floor.. One of the two has 300k something hp...
Pop dark golem, 1 rk, combo.. You Need to deal 80k more or less.. Pop luci and finish him...
If there are 3 or so heart, pop rk if the previous One is gone and pop pierdra, then combo away... Now just heal and Grind away 1m from siegfried...
Done!

chrono01

Well... Consider this, you can go but if your pierdra isn't Max skilled you're bound to spend some stones if you get orb trolled...
If your matching skilled are good though you'll ve fine..
Have all skill ready @4th floor..
If 2 vamp are sync-ed insta gib one..
If three vamp are synched , instagib One and pop rk to absorb part of the dmg...
Grind One vamp away, recharge your skill, Grind the other One.
Last floor.. One of the two has 300k something hp...
Pop dark golem, 1 rk, combo.. You Need to deal 80k more or less.. Pop luci and finish him...
If there are 3 or so heart, pop rk if the previous One is gone and pop pierdra, then combo away... Now just heal and Grind away 1m from siegfried...
Done!
It's not max-skilled [unfortunately], as I've only attained my first Pierdrawn today [well, Pierdra] and haven't gotten lucky enough to get enough to skill him up yet. :(

I might give it a try once and see how it goes. If I get far into it I'll use a Magic Stone, although I'd rather not have it come to that. I'm mostly worried about the Vampire Lords. Everything else seems like it might be decently manageable.

Thanks for the input! I'm expecting the worst, but at least I'll know [better to try and fail than not try].

WillJustWill

Neo Member

Double luci is an easy zero stone I have found, so double dark batman should be okay theoretically, assuming the RCV holds up. A second morning star definitely is nice to have though.

chrono01

Double luci is an easy zero stone I have found, so double dark batman should be okay theoretically, assuming the RCV holds up. A second morning star definitely is nice to have though.
Yeah, I wish I had one. It definitely seems like making the whole dungeon so much more easier. :(

If I fail, hopefully by the time the dungeon comes around again I'll have Archangel Lucifer by then. I think I'll still give it a try, though, just to see how things go. I won't push it too much, though. I'd rather waste a few hours Stamina than not try at all. I might get lucky [maybe].

Amon37

just got a highlander is it worth it to try for beserk also? I don't really run a team with either of them but I supposed any descended monster is good for something

chrono01

For Two heroes I tried the Endless Dungeon just to see what my HP would be and with the team posted above I was at 44k HP. I'm trying to decide whether I should replace Vampire Lord with Mk. Dark Golem II just so I can lower the defense of the Vampire Lords on Floor 4 + for Floor 5. Recovery is only 780, though, but that will be multiplied x 2 thanks to a Lucifer friend [he also has 734 RCV himself so the total would be 1,514 x 2= 3,028].

If I can clear the first wave [charge up skills before fourth], kill the Vampire Lords as soon as possible [saving one to charge up skills again], and then go into the Floor 5 I should [hopefully] be fine. If I have to throw a stone at it then I will. Does Mk. Dark Golem II's ability take into account Lucifer's Morning Star? Since I only have one Lucifer, and no Gravity, I'd like to kill one of the Vampire Lords before they have a chance to attack.

Amon37

For Two heroes I tried the Endless Dungeon just to see what my HP would be and with the team posted above I was at 44k HP. I'm trying to decide whether I should replace Vampire Lord with Mk. Dark Golem II just so I can lower the defense of the Vampire Lords on Floor 4 + for Floor 5. Recovery is only 780, though, but that will be multiplied x 2 thanks to a Lucifer friend [he also has 734 RCV himself so the total would be 1,514 x 2= 3,028].

If I can clear the first wave [charge up skills before fourth], kill the Vampire Lords as soon as possible [saving one to charge up skills again], and then go into the Floor 5 I should [hopefully] be fine. If I have to throw a stone at it then I will. Does Mk. Dark Golem II's ability take into account Lucifer's Morning Star? Since I only have one Lucifer, and no Gravity, I'd like to kill one of the Vampire Lords before they have a chance to attack.

it took 2 morningstars to kill one vamp for me.

mono red 0 stoned without issue :p
easy peasy..
and i even used a tyrannos as friend lead, so i didn't bother with the active :)
good choice using shiva instead of horus as sub..
when i popped shiva i literally oneshot highlander and then i started chipping berserk..
he hit me for 14k every three turn..
with dual ares i could heal 4k per turn roughly so i'd just go 2k under each three turn, but i'd have a LOT of hp, so when i pop siren i could easily get back and last another set of 20 rounds :)
with a 4atk 2hp 2rcv team instead i manage to heal approx 6-7k per turn at least, so instead it took me 2 turns to get to full :)

easy peasy either way..
plus i was running with approx 19k hp so i could tank two vampire hit and heal enough to tank the third in the subsequent round :p
so.. yeah XD

should i farm enough to max skill both heartbreaker? or? I have plenty of stones :X

shouldn't morning star ignore defense etc already?
that being said with 44k hp if you're sitting on 900ish rcv before multiplication you'll be MORE, MORE than fine :p
with decent matching skill (aka consistent 5 combo) and 2xrcv bonus you heal consistently for 6k at turn with that much rcv :p
so if you have on the top of that 44k hp you can tank this allrite :)

chrono01

shouldn't morning star ignore defense etc already?
that being said with 44k hp if you're sitting on 900ish rcv before multiplication you'll be MORE, MORE than fine :p
with decent matching skill (aka consistent 5 combo) and 2xrcv bonus you heal consistently for 6k at turn with that much rcv :p
so if you have on the top of that 44k hp you can tank this allrite :)
Thanks for the reply!

I don't have enough Stamina to run the dungeon right now unfortunately [too many Peirdra runs!], but I will do first thing I wake up tomorrow. I'm hopeful, at least. This will be my first official Descend, so I'm really not sure what to expect. At least one of the monsters is guaranteed, and I can find a use for each!

J0dy77

Glad I held off on my remaining 30 PAL pulls after the disastrous first 30 yesterday.

1 ruby king, 2 sapphire king, 1 emerald king, 2 super metal king, Tamdra with a + and 4 additional plus eggs. Best series of rolls I've ever had.

Kreed

Version 6.2 details
Looks like Japan is getting this tomorrow.

The idea of getting magic stones for Challenge Mode clears is neat :>

It will be nice for some of the earlier dungeons for quick stones, but it's not going to be fun attempting everything above Castle of Satan with no friend leader skills/only friends as subs. A team of Valkyries with only x3 attack isn't going to get you very far.

J0dy77

It will be nice for some of the earlier dungeons for quick stones, but it's not going to be fun attempting everything above Castle of Satan with no friend leader skills/only friends as subs. A team of Valkyries with only x3 attack isn't going to get you very far.

This will just take a lot of coordination. It's really good for communities like ours that have very active members. I'm more than willing to leave mobs up for periods of time while someone clears dungeons.

This will just take a lot of coordination. It's really good for communities like ours that have very active members. I'm more than willing to leave mobs up for periods of time while someone clears dungeons.
Finally, those two people on my JP friends list who respectively never run anything other than Thanatos / CDK redeemed

Also new in 6.2: you gain an additional slot for team compositions with every 100 ranks, starting with 6 for 0-99, 7 for 100-199, all the way up to 15 possible teams.

J0dy77

Finally, those two people on my JP friends list who respectively never run anything other than Thanatos / CDK redeemed

Also new in 6.2: you gain an additional slot for team compositions with every 100 ranks, starting with 6 for 0-99, 7 for 100-199, all the way up to 15 possible teams.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this the most. I'll get the 2 very badly needed slots and have to wait a while for the third.

Kreed

Worst case scenario, we can try to discover how far each of us can get with a team of 5-6 Lucifers.

suko_32

I hate it when you're about to level up and done for the day and ready to hit a 50 stamina dungeon the next day to maximize, but totally forget about that fact the next day and hit a dungeon that gives you nothing in EXP and level up anyway.

Edit: My other blunders in my PAD career include feeing a Tamadra to a unevolved Horus and selling a +egg.

Goddamnit, rushed to finish one of the high DEF floors of the water conditional cause somebody actually had a Neptune up but forgot that maintenance would start in the middle of the dungeon run. What are the chances the game accepts my dungeon clear packets in the time spam between when the servers go back up and when the game forces me to update to 6.2?

Goddamnit, rushed to finish one of the high DEF floors of the water conditional cause somebody actually had a Neptune up but forgot that maintenance would start in the middle of the dungeon run. What are the chances the game accepts my dungeon clear packets in the time spam between when the servers go back up and when the game forces me to update to 6.2?

I have the colored knights max skilled just because of these stupid conditionals

shinjijai

today is not my day... ran ruby dragon twice, and got 0 high and 0 king... of course 0 tamardas... i decide that i shouldn't run it again base on that amazing luck.

I don't know a lot of those earlier dungeons are not so bad with mono-teams, Artemis + a bunch of ChuChu and GrOdins would be nice to play for water, Red leader like Ares (or even Shiva) with 4 or 5 Hera-Urs would not be bad as well. The All Luci team would have to have proper heart orb management but is quite doable.

and even then a light team with a good light leader and all Kirins and Valks would be good.

Pretty much everything except for Hill of Iris, Mystic Dragon and Fagan in techs and everything up to Ocean of Heaven should be doable with mono-teams. Vesta Cave, Frozen soil and Mars crater maybe.

After that? Hope you have a Horus and Kirin and build your own sweep team.

I wish you could get even 1 pal point a use in the challenge fields. Max skill Echidna's would be used all the time...

Oa0eIJq.png

6CYsl1c.png

ksYvcOC.png

I want to do the Heroes Descended dungeon, is that doable at my levels?

I want to do the Heroes Descended dungeon, is that doable at my levels?

i've got ares instead of tyrannos and ares in't max levelled..
did this with homura 40ish, gigas 33, echidna 40, ares 63 and friend lead tyrannos max..
0 stoned REALLY easily :)
so yeah...
if you need to add me, in the previous page there's my id.. feel free to add me :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes it is, especially now that it calculates downstream evolutions as well. The only thing he needs to do is to finally implement the group function so we can have a GAF group.

It appears as though it hasn't been updated for the Batman mobs, correct? My Catwoman comes up as some weird Japanese mob.

It appears as though it hasn't been updated for the Batman mobs, correct? My Catwoman comes up as some weird Japanese mob.
GungHo's fault for overwriting monsters from some old JP collab with Batman mobs in the US monsterbook, but giving them unique entries in the JP monsterbook. Fuck if I know why.

ccbfan

I don't know a lot of those earlier dungeons are not so bad with mono-teams, Artemis + a bunch of ChuChu and GrOdins would be nice to play for water, Red leader like Ares (or even Shiva) with 4 or 5 Hera-Urs would not be bad as well. The All Luci team would have to have proper heart orb management but is quite doable.

and even then a light team with a good light leader and all Kirins and Valks would be good.

Pretty much everything except for Hill of Iris, Mystic Dragon and Fagan in techs and everything up to Ocean of Heaven should be doable with mono-teams. Vesta Cave, Frozen soil and Mars crater maybe.

After that? Hope you have a Horus and Kirin and build your own sweep team.

I wish you could get even 1 pal point a use in the challenge fields. Max skill Echidna's would be used all the time...

6x max awoken GOdins would probably make easy wins for most of these.

linsivvi

Mine were directed to the puzzledragonx homepage for a while but he's fixed them earlier this month. Try adding it again if it still comes up wrong.

Musan

First zero-stone of Kouryu was a fluke after all. Took me 4 more tries to take him down, and that was a 1-stone. Good practice to solidify a strategy. I think i have to use echidna on genbu if I am not able to heal.

Top Bottom