• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Goddamnit, rushed to finish one of the high DEF floors of the water conditional cause somebody actually had a Neptune up but forgot that maintenance would start in the middle of the dungeon run. What are the chances the game accepts my dungeon clear packets in the time spam between when the servers go back up and when the game forces me to update to 6.2?
You should still be able to play while maintenance is going on. After that, you'll be forced to get the update, but after that's done, it will boot you to the results screen, so no worries about losing progress.

You should still be able to play while maintenance is going on. After that, you'll be forced to get the update, but after that's done, it will boot you to the results screen, so no worries about losing progress.
Well I mean, I finished the dungeon, saw the maintenance screen instead of dungeon clear results, looked at the clock and saw it was 10:04am, swore a little, and have been looking at the notice for the last five hours while juggling apps to make sure iOS doesn't suspend PAD.

Well I mean, I finished the dungeon, saw the maintenance screen instead of dungeon clear results, looked at the clock and saw it was 10:04am, swore a little, and have been looking at the notice for the last five hours while juggling apps to make sure iOS doesn't suspend PAD.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually matter. Worst case, the game will boot you back to the CLEAR screen and then take you to the results screen. I played during a server update before, and that's what happened to me.

5 times..
had to use stam refresh through stonex2..
5 times to get those both of those fuckers..
good riddance i'm done!
skipping breakers now, and i'll start preparing for hera-ur!

what Tech dungeon are you guys running for + eggs? I had no luck with the conditionals, but just had 4 drop in 3 runs in the last stage of Fertile Land. Crazy luck.

Maintenance extended, and I had my stamina planned out so I'd top off right as it ended. Apology stones plox

This seems to happen every time they add some major new server feature. Challenge Mode proving to be a challenge to implement?

Giard

What's the point of the skill up mechanic as it is? Why not make it 100% success rate? Only for selling stamina stones?

StMeph

What's the point of the skill up mechanic as it is? Why not make it 100% success rate? Only for selling stamina stones?

Are you trying to troll the troll master?

Of course the RNG is skewed to motivate you to buy more stones. I'm amazed Awakenings are 100%, and not some Korean-MMO style of INCREASING failure rate per rank of success or something.

Uthred

After a few months "off" going to try and make my glorious return to PAD, at least I can take solace in the fact that a) I still dont have Lucifer and b) he still seems to be the best leader ;) Any poverty teams for Heroes Descended? Isis doesnt really seem to cut it any more, suppose I should try Horus but fear I lack the leet ball handling skills required

thetechkid

So I was able to take Heroes Descended(my first descended victory) with Kushinada, 2x RK, Siren, MVD, and a Kirin friend. I ran it twice and got both monsters, but had to use a stone each time to do so. What I'm wondering is if I cannot get a Keeper of Dark today for my Pierdrawn, would I be able to take Hera with this team or no?

After a few months "off" going to try and make my glorious return to PAD, at least I can take solace in the fact that a) I still dont have Lucifer and b) he still seems to be the best leader ;) Any poverty teams for Heroes Descended? Isis doesnt really seem to cut it any more, suppose I should try Horus but fear I lack the leet ball handling skills required

Valk is the go-to lead now for just about everything. If you were able to pick her up before, that should be a top priority. Honestly, I picked up and maxed out Lucy, but very rarely run him.

As far as teams go 2Heroes, check here : http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=269

Tobe

just got perma bind for like 15 turns. i was stalling for morning star before the boss and a bad cascade fucked me up and killed the monster before the ability was active. jesus christ.

LET'S DO THIS
kFTVx4w.png

Uthred

Valk is the go-to lead now for just about everything. If you were able to pick her up before, that should be a top priority. Honestly, I picked up and maxed out Lucy, but very rarely run him.

As far as teams go 2Heroes, check here : http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=269

Cheers, ended up brute forcing it with a 2 stone Horus clear, luckily I got Berserker which was the one I was missing. Sadly no Valk, but at least now Ive got another REM target to long for ;)

Cheers, ended up brute forcing it with a 2 stone Horus clear, luckily I got Berserker which was the one I was missing. Sadly no Valk, but at least now Ive got another REM target to long for ;)

No worries.

Valk is farmable in her dungeon. I don't know if we get it this time or not, you can check the site linked to see what kind of teams are needed. Good luck and welcome back!!

Hilarious. You do get to choose which friends to bring, right?

Yeah. It's like Endless Corridors where all your friends list is available regardless of last activity, except you get drops/exp/coins and spend stamina to run it. Haven't tried any dungeon beyond Departure Tower but there doesn't seem to be any difficulty bump. Free stones for all!

J0dy77

Decided to run the Mythic Dragon dungeon after a level up. Very easy dungeon for a Horus team. The 4 colors make extra combos very easy. Stalled to charge skills on Minotaur but that was about the only difficult part. Here's the team I used to max damage.

bWW2J7ql.jpg

coy

After sitting at 1 skill from max for months on Freyr, I finally picked up the mats and, with 3 chances, got the last skill on the 2nd try. Feeling more satisfied than relieved so that's a plus.

Given that bit of fortune, it sucks butt how awful the drop rate for Pierdras has been for me. Cannot figure how folks are able to already have max skilled ones. Concentrating primarily on this task for its duration. Really hope luck is in my favor during 2x.

razterik

There's a new Marlboro coming out in the upcoming FFCD Collab revival JP. Interestingly, its active skill turns some of your orbs into poison orbs.

Huh. I wonder if poison resist awoken skills work for this. Depends on how they coded their activation, I guess.

Challenge mode is at least 10-15 easy stones for everybody. Just wish we got PAL points or special drops or something for spending stamina on these worthless dungeons again.

Amon37

4 runs and 4 Highlanders, will try next time. plenty of descended dungeons this week for me to attempt for the first time.

J0dy77

After sitting at 1 skill from max for months on Freyr, I finally picked up the mats and, with 3 chances, got the last skill on the 2nd try. Feeling more satisfied than relieved so that's a plus.

Given that bit of fortune, it sucks butt how awful the drop rate for Pierdras has been for me. Cannot figure how folks are able to already have max skilled ones. Concentrating primarily on this task for its duration. Really hope luck is in my favor during 2x.

I cleared the dungeon for the stone but I'm waiting for 2x event to farm and look for skill ups.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Masks have been good to me today - 3 runs, 3 masks. I want to have about 10 in reserve because I fucking hate mask farming. Also Shiva takes 2 to evo, and that is unfair.

Masks have been good to me today - 3 runs, 3 masks. I want to have about 10 in reserve because I fucking hate mask farming. Also Shiva takes 2 to evo, and that is unfair.

you clearly aren't spending enough time in OoH on the weekends then :D

I'm sitting on about 5 now. Needs to get the Zeus farm team up to take care of dubs and i'll be good to go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
you clearly aren't spending enough time in OoH on the weekends then :D

I'm sitting on about 5 now. Needs to get the Zeus farm team up to take care of dubs and i'll be good to go.

Lately, I've been spending weekend stam trying to figure out how to farm Starlight. I tried Haku and just wasn't able to do it. Goemon would be fine, but since mine is only slvl 2, it STILL sucks to stall. I want to max skill mine, but I don't know what to farm him with.

J0dy77

Lately, I've been spending weekend stam trying to figure out how to farm Starlight. I tried Haku and just wasn't able to do it. Goemon would be fine, but since mine is only slvl 2, it STILL sucks to stall. I want to max skill mine, but I don't know what to farm him with.

I've given up on King of Gods. I don't have a problem stalling with my Goemon team but without fail, every single time I run it I wind up with a heart cascade in one of the last few rounds. The complete randomness is extremely frustrating.

I've been running goddess of Harvest heavily and finally started getting Dubs to drop. The key is to just stay consistent and spend a lot of stamina in there. If you run it a few times you're most likely not going to get what you want.

King of Gods definitely has the advantage if you're running for experience gain and the couple extra rounds to pull a dub.

I'm planning on running Hera A LOT over the next couple of days. I want to put a serious dent into my gravity cooldowns.

PADZ Trailer. Go home Gungho, you're drunk.

i advise to stick with it, higher level Haku teams crush it. I have one friend leader with a maxed out Haku and it's not so bad. Working on my own Haku to hopefully make it easier. Problem is the low RCV, but with Echidna on 10 turn CD, its not too bad.

Just need some gravity skillups....

J0dy77

i advise to stick with it, higher level Haku teams crush it. I have one friend leader with a maxed out Haku and it's not so bad. Working on my own Haku to hopefully make it easier. Problem is the low RCV, but with Echidna on 10 turn CD, its not too bad.

Ok why do I think PADz looks awesome and I want to play it?

Also, can you post your Haku team. Trying to get a feel for what a successful team looks like. I tried it over the weekend and it was far from an easy clear, wiped on the Basilisk trying to stall for gravity.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yeah, looks like a max skilled Hera-Is on a Haku team and make quick work of Goemon Mythical, too. I want to farm him, so...

Also, can you post your Haku team. Trying to get a feel for what a successful team looks like. I tried it over the weekend and it was far from an easy clear, wiped on the Basilisk trying to stall for gravity.

Hera can be subbed for Hades. I like Hera-Ur here to use her active after Hakus on lvl 9.

Yeah, looks like a max skilled Hera-Is on a Haku team and make quick work of Goemon Mythical, too. I want to farm him, so...

Mine is at sl 3 and it's a huge help...the big draw back is stalling for gravity. Hades is at sl3 but Is is still at sl1. I think i'm going to try and level them both together because having one on a short CD doesn't help if the other is still a 30 turn charge.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hera can be subbed for Hades. I like Hera-Ur here to use her active after Hakus on lvl 9.

Mine is at sl 3 and it's a huge help...the big draw back is stalling for gravity. Hades is at sl3 but Is is still at sl1. I think i'm going to try and level them both together because having one on a short CD doesn't help if the other is still a 30 turn charge.

This is true. I want to find a lazy Hera farm team. Something I can just go in and wreck without having to think.

Currently thinking of doing Valk/Valk + Shynee/Echidna/Bastet/Angelion. Once I grab some plants tomorrow, I can max my Angelion (70) and Valk (90). That should put me at around 15k HP thanks to Bastet not being terrible.

Trying to get a feel for what a successful team looks like. I tried it over the weekend and it was far from an easy clear, wiped on the Basilisk trying to stall for gravity.

I'm running ECO Dumpty instead of Ur but as far as strategy goes I always kill of everything but a demon and stall on that till everything's charged, which goes pretty fast. Then at Tiamat if I don't have a good orb setup for killing him before he hits me I try to save up heart orbs to heal me back up to 14k hp for another hit. At the 9th round pop a Haku and Dumpty, then at Zeus delay + gravities + Haku + 2 more rounds of eco which most often is enough to get him down.

Most whipes is if I have to use Echidna before Zeus, then it's mostly down to luck in getting really good orbs from Haku.

It's been quite successful so far, I probably make it 4 out of 5 trys and when I get to maxing the monsters it'll only be easier I guess.

Unrelated to this but it sucks having Haku as the only REM god. I feel incredibly limited when it comes to different team comps.

Also on my alt account I pulled a Bastet in the last god fest and have been spending all my stamina farming for Dub-emelit's to evolve her since then, 0 so far. Fuck.

muu

Puzzle and Pokemon still cracks me up. They're supposedly doing a massive push for it in kids' magazines so it should be selling pretty well.

J0dy77

I ran King baddie the first time I tried it to try and burst through Zeus. I guess it really comes down to having to stall for Gravity charge which I was hoping to avoid.

If I'm going to run a team like this I might as well just run Horus/Kirin with Hera and Hera-Is. Same difference and a stronger overall team. Just have to get gravity charged up more.

Top Bottom