• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

This is true. I want to find a lazy Hera farm team. Something I can just go in and wreck without having to think.

Currently thinking of doing Valk/Valk + Shynee/Echidna/Bastet/Angelion. Once I grab some plants tomorrow, I can max my Angelion (70) and Valk (90). That should put me at around 15k HP thanks to Bastet not being terrible.
Godinmax awoken friend
cdd/dj/neptune lead
Max skilled siren (Max awoken),
rk(or susanoo) for mitigation,
poison user if you used dj/cdd , else lucifer
Gravity

If you have 2x autoheal (Godin siren) you just Need to do One hearth match per turn to survive hera and stall for gravity/ms..
Hades is heal and stall and you have enough turn to heal with 2 match of heart and 4 random match (autoheal) to heal to full.
Neptune insta dies to poison.
Ceres, minerva and venus faceroll.
silliest thing is early floor but if you have a decent team like this..
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=391.70.1.0.0.0.0..202.70.1.0.0.0.3..597.70.1.0.0.0.0..629.70.1.0.0.0.0..321.1.1.0.0.0.0..363.99.1.0.0.0.5..
you can faceroll early floor, faceroll boss..
normally with a resist/godin team it's a grindfeast, but with morning star and gravity (on top of poison that is required) you can pretty much just /lol everything...
Personally I'd take echidnaover rk but it's up to you, you just need three solutions (godin, resist lead and either dmgsoak or turn wait from echidna) so that hera binds can at worst hinder you for a bit..
if it takes both lead, with rk you last three turns easily, with echidna you just ignore the bind and wait three turns.. if it takes one lead and another random monster, the damage reduction from one lead is enough so that you can survive the remaining bind turn :)
So yeah that's that......
REALLY fast and surprisingly easy :p

small question from me regarding tomorrow hera-ur!
this lineup:
hera-ur --> i should be able to tackle mythical with monored (ares, homura, siren, gigas, freyr friend and last sub slot either a drall for orb conversion or an horus for orb enhancement..) or with a resist team (flare drall, hera, hera, keeper of dark, siren, luci friend)
gaf team?

Jagernaut

this lineup:
hera-ur --> i should be able to tackle mythical with monored (ares, homura, siren, gigas, freyr friend and last sub slot either a drall for orb conversion or an horus for orb enhancement..) or with a resist team (flare drall, hera, hera, keeper of dark, siren, luci friend)
gaf team?

I beat Hera-Ur on Legend with this team back in September. Cost me 3 stones, 1 when my Ares was bound and cut my hp in half and 2 due to lack of hearts.

War Deity Ares lead - max lvl
Goemon
Horus
Phoenix Knight Homura - max skill
Echidna
Freyr helper

Should have about 28k hp with a max Freyr. As long as I make it to Hera-Ur, I can one shot her with Goemon + Horus + Freyr skills.

My team's attack was not enough to one shot Hera-Ur even with Goemon + Horus + Freyr. Luckily I got 2 free turns to finish her since she used her status guard and then "gathering magical power".

Oh yeah shit now I remember what happened last time I attempted Hera-Ur. I had too much attack power on my team so she started unleashing magical power before Lucicannon could charge up :lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Godinmax awoken friend
cdd/dj/neptune lead
Max skilled siren (Max awoken),
rk(or susanoo) for mitigation,
poison user if you used dj/cdd , else lucifer
Gravity

If you have 2x autoheal (Godin siren) you just Need to do One hearth match per turn to survive hera and stall for gravity/ms..
Hades is heal and stall and you have enough turn to heal with 2 match of heart and 4 random match (autoheal) to heal to full.
Neptune insta dies to poison.
Ceres, minerva and venus faceroll.
silliest thing is early floor but if you have a decent team like this..
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=391.70.1.0.0.0.0..202.70.1.0.0.0.3..597.70.1.0.0.0.0..629.70.1.0.0.0.0..321.1.1.0.0.0.0..363.99.1.0.0.0.5..
you can faceroll early floor, faceroll boss..
normally with a resist/godin team it's a grindfeast, but with morning star and gravity (on top of poison that is required) you can pretty much just /lol everything...
Personally I'd take echidnaover rk but it's up to you, you just need three solutions (godin, resist lead and either dmgsoak or turn wait from echidna) so that hera binds can at worst hinder you for a bit..
if it takes both lead, with rk you last three turns easily, with echidna you just ignore the bind and wait three turns.. if it takes one lead and another random monster, the damage reduction from one lead is enough so that you can survive the remaining bind turn :)
So yeah that's that......
REALLY fast and surprisingly easy :p

I have 4 Tamadra to use. I could finish GrOdin awakening, or I could put 2 on Bastet for orb extension and use the other 2 for something else...I have auto-heal on my Ceres already. So GrOdin/GrOdin + Ceres = 1500 auto-heal. It's definitely super easy. The problem would still be time (and finding enough GrOdin to use since most people seem to run Valk anymore).

this lineup:
gaf team?

Gonna need all the burst you can get for Hera-Ur.

Here is the team I ran. 0-stoned Legend difficulty.

KRVvOdQl.jpg

Also, when does Minerva dark bind? I wanna make sure not to fall into that trap when I run this again with my newly bustied Ares friends.

edit: here's the info from puzzledragonx.com

Dark Bind ( 2-4 Turns )
< 50% HP, 100% Chance, 1 time-use
Disable all dark attribute pets for 2-4 turns. This will also disable leader skills...

And for JP players: WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE TAMADRAS? And nice, three free stones for a delay yesterday!

I was gonna fully awaken Bastet and Yomi with all these free Tamadra... then I realized I never use either in any of my teams. Now I am stuck trying to figure out who to awaken once again.

I beat Hera-Ur on Legend with this team back in September. Cost me 3 stones, 1 when my Ares was bound and cut my hp in half and 2 due to lack of hearts.

My team's attack was not enough to one shot Hera-Ur even with Goemon + Horus + Freyr. Luckily I got 2 free turns to finish her since she used her status guard and then "gathering magical power".
sigh :X
Oh well i'll try..
Filler slot, drall for orb or horus for enhancement?
3 stones is good enough for me for hera ur btw, considering i'll move her in my main line up..
when she is properly levelled i'll either sub in goemon and kick gigas or dunno :X

I have 4 Tamadra to use. I could finish GrOdin awakening, or I could put 2 on Bastet for orb extension and use the other 2 for something else...I have auto-heal on my Ceres already. So GrOdin/GrOdin + Ceres = 1500 auto-heal. It's definitely super easy. The problem would still be time (and finding enough GrOdin to use since most people seem to run Valk anymore).

static has a max skilled max level max awaken godin..
double godin
ceres
rk
1heal orb generator (siren max skilled...)
2 slot for whatever you want..
you REALLY need 1 poison to make a quick work on neptune, but if you want to do the long way, you can do with 2xgodin and just lolautheal +1combo :p
last slot 1 gravity, to shorten hera fight :p

my pref lineup is as i said
neptune poison
rk
siren
gravity
lolcannon luci
godin

burst, gravity, poison, active dmg, heart generation, triple defensive possiblity for hera bind :)

Gonna need all the burst you can get for Hera-Ur.

Here is the team I ran. 0-stoned Legend difficulty.

Also, when does Minerva dark bind? I wanna make sure not to fall into that trap when I run this again with my newly bustied Ares friends.

edit: here's the info from puzzledragonx.com

Dark Bind ( 2-4 Turns )
< 50% HP, 100% Chance, 1 time-use
Disable all dark attribute pets for 2-4 turns. This will also disable leader skills...

And for JP players: WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE TAMADRAS? And nice, three free stones for a delay yesterday!
funny thing..
of your team what i lack is goemon, i have everything else... well i have a ares, but i can get a freyr friend :p
difference is monster levels XD

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
static has a max skilled max level max awaken godin..
double godin
ceres
rk
1heal orb generator (siren max skilled...)
2 slot for whatever you want..
you REALLY need 1 poison to make a quick work on neptune, but if you want to do the long way, you can do with 2xgodin and just lolautheal +1combo :p
last slot 1 gravity, to shorten hera fight :p

my pref lineup is as i said
neptune poison
rk
siren
gravity
lolcannon luci
godin

burst, gravity, poison, active dmg, heart generation, triple defensive possiblity for hera bind :)

Yeah, I've just always gone burst route for Hera, so I'm trying to think if it's even worth it. I could probably make quick work of her with Kirin, but that requires me to think about combos. I think I was 3/5 with my Valk team last time, so with Angelion and Bastet now, it will be even easier as I'll be able to take a hit from anyone but Neptune and Hades (and Neptune is easy with 9x burst). I may just do that since my team is better than last time.

raiot

Izanami skills are out!

Liza LS: Max HP is halved, all balance monsters' attack x4
Liza AS: All damage received within 1 turn decreased by 30% 4/11 max CD

Diza LS: Max HP is halved, all physical monsters' attack x4
Diza AS: All damage received within 3 turns decreased by 30% 6/13 max CD

Keep in mind, if you go double izanami your 20k life is only 5k... You don't want to catch preemptive strikes with her... But for farming its a cheap 16x multi!

welp paint me mindfucked..
floor1 small dragonx3, 1 tamadra.. tamadra get
floor2 king dragon invade, 1 small dragon... king get
floor3 smallx4.. small get
floor4 kingx... king get
floor5 high king, 2 small.. high king get..
either tomorrow i die, or i'm gonna get in a serious car accident....
gotta balance dat luck!

Kreed

Izanami skills are out!

Liza LS: Max HP is halved, all balance monsters' attack x4
Liza AS: All damage received within 1 turn decreased by 30% 4/11 max CD

Diza LS: Max HP is halved, all physical monsters' attack x4
Diza AS: All damage received within 3 turns decreased by 30% 6/13 max CD

Keep in mind, if you go double izanami your 20k life is only 5k... You don't want to catch preemptive strikes with her... But for farming its a cheap 16x multi!

I was misinterpreting the skill at first, I thought it was another leader skill where your HP has to be above a certain amount. So both Izanami's cut your HP in half as soon as you enter the dungeon, but does it cut your max HP in half, or just the amount of HP you currently have in half?

But that's a very nice leader skill despite the penalty (better than the above/below HP ones). I think the Physical one will have a little less trouble with that leader skill since they tend to have much more HP anyway, and Balanced might not be so bad either.

I was misinterpreting the skill at first, I thought it was another leader skill where your HP has to be above a certain amount. So both Izanami's cut your HP in half as soon as you enter the dungeon, but does it cut your max HP in half, or just the amount of HP you currently have in half?

But that's a very nice leader skill despite the penalty (better than the above/below HP ones). I think the Physical one will have a little less trouble with that leader skill since they tend to have much more HP anyway, and Balanced might not be so bad either.
Might be good to have Tengu on that team, too, to make a quick Resolve team when necessary.

raiot

It cuts your life as soon as you enter the dungeon, exactly like the leader skills that double it. The problem with tengu resolve, as soon as you switch him in, your life doubles and you have a higher threshold...

Colby

So what is the preferred dungeon to get Neptune birds? I know the 25 stamina dungeon Poring Tower was the best bang for the buck. Is that true here?

It cuts your life as soon as you enter the dungeon, exactly like the leader skills that double it. The problem with tengu resolve, as soon as you switch him in, your life doubles and you have a higher threshold...
Well, assuming you have another Izanami in tow, you'll still be working with half-HP (as opposed to quarter-HP), so it's still better than nothing.

raiot

Yeah, it depends. If you have the balance izanami you may be good, but physical teams are not known for their rcv...

Kreed

So what is the preferred dungeon to get Neptune birds? I know the 25 stamina dungeon Poring Tower was the best bang for the buck. Is that true here?

You definitely want the highest difficulty. Besides the fact that it has a higher drop rate, the Neptune birds can drop fully evolved on the mini boss floors.

You should always run the highest difficulty you can outside of x2 days where running a lower difficulty isn't so bad in terms of drop rate. Poring Tower was a different case because the monster mobs in the master level had demons mixed in, so even if it was a much higher drop rate, you could end up with demons instead of the skill up monsters you wanted. Also the lower level had evolved slimes, which were skill ups for other monsters like Titan and Vampire.

The Odin setup for Hera is fine and it's definitely safe, but it certainly is a grind. If you're planning on picking up more than a few it probably won't be the best option. The Valk team is good too but can require a bit of luck on the orbs. A Horus or Kirin setup with Echidna, Orochi, Cu Chu, Valk is pretty safe and only takes about 5 minutes. Otherwise a bunch of Gravity would probably be doable if you don't have Orochi. Something like Hera, Hera-Is, Echidna, Cu Chu (assuming one leader is Kirin) or Valk (if you're using two Horus) would get Hera's health way down and give you 4 or 5 turns to kill since you can survive and hopefully heal a hit from Hera.

Zero_IYAD

Wow... 5 stones metal dragons with a single tamadra appearance that didn't drop...
And I have 151 stamina...
Woh! That's harsh!
5 Tamadra drops & at least 3 times that sighted between today & yesterday.
I stone my 114 stamina once or twice these days.

chrono01

eh, i've run 20 time pierdra (runnig the 21th right now) and i just had 3 drops..
i mean, ok it's rare and all, but cmon...
Yeah, it's painful. :/

On the upside I got the masks from the Wednesday dungeon I need to upgrade a few of my monsters today, now I just need to wait until Friday for Dub-mythlit [good luck with that!].

Until then, I will repeatedly run this Pierdra dungeon until I get what I need. I was wanting to try Hera on Friday with a max-skilled Drawn Joker as Leader [assuming I get the Dub-mythlit I need] with an Arch Angel Lucifer as a Friend, and Keeper of Rainbow's/Mk. Golem II for Neptune, but now I'm not so sure. ~_~

I still might give it a try and see.

I cannot wait until the US gets the 6.2 update. So glad GAF has such an active base of players. The free stones aren't too shabby, either.
yeah but we'll have to take rotations..
because 5x valk team won't be exciting to play, so someone will have to saddle dat maxlevel echidna XD

Nista

What would you guys suggest for Hera Ur tomorrow - Asta + luci or Loki/Pers + Luci? My Monored isn't high enough level to be able to burst her done.

If I use Asta, should I go for 3 gravity or 2 gravity + counter + Pierda? Or is one counter sufficient for grind through the first few levels?

What would you guys suggest for Hera Ur tomorrow - Asta + luci or Loki/Pers + Luci? My Monored isn't high enough level to be able to burst her done.

If I use Asta, should I go for 3 gravity or 2 gravity + counter + Pierda? Or is one counter sufficient for grind through the first few levels?

definitely bring pierdra..
or even a siren if it's max skilled..
sure you diminish hp/rcv but frankly with 2.5k rcv you can heal a LOT with a decent combo, so a good heart maker is better :)
if you can, go dual asta, but be prepared to nuke her down from 30% to zero, because of her graviton (25% should be the percentage she starts doing that)..
I already envision nightmare of me failing to get the clear amount and get fucked to oblivion...
the pure amount of joy....

anyway i'd go with 2 gravity, + counter....

Althane

I only have 54 Stamina so probably 20+ times? I've gotten pretty lucky with the drops actually, just not the skill-ups. >_<

I've gotten two Piedras, and no skill ups, so you're ahead of me at least.

On the flip side, my Hellray Harpie Demon is now at 15 turns per Bomb, thanks to that dungeon. So, hard to hate on it too much.

chrono01

I've gotten two Piedras, and no skill ups, so you're ahead of me at least.

On the flip side, my Hellray Harpie Demon is now at 15 turns per Bomb, thanks to that dungeon. So, hard to hate on it too much.
Haha, true. I'm skilling-up my Blood Demon as well. Unfortunately the game seems to favor him over Pierdraw, but perhaps that has to do with the increased number I feed [more than likely this is it].

I will not give up!

Ashodin

Dragon in Motley runs today - Four Wicked Ladies

ONE Metal run so far today - Tamadra, King, Regular, Regular, High. Great way to start metals, yup

Between max skill or near-max skill Siren, Parvati, Angelion, Megalodran, and Fortoytops, (and Amaterasu; shit, why not?) I should be good on heart makers.

And yet I must max skill Pierdra. Stupid game. =(

Top Bottom