• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Musan

Have you tried farming Kouryu? Pretty sure you can get a Lucifer team to do it. I have 4 tamadra waiting for awakening whatever becomes interesting

I'm still working on my strategy though to consistently 0-stone it. Hardest part is 1st floor, since I can't exploit elemental weakness. I can 1 stone most of the time now.

Amon37

I generally run mono dark but I have a few friends who got Kirin's and put them up, if I don't have a kirin is there a team worth putting together or should I drop those friends?

linsivvi

A Doctor Who PAD clone. Who would have thought?

nexusae0_1_thumb4.jpg

broz0rs

How do you guys level light monsters without gold dragons (since gold dungeon takes forever to appear)? I have the nightmarish task of levelling a new pair of Valkyrie and Apollo.

Zero_IYAD

I just used your Luci and got Hera-Ur on my first Legend run. Thanks for putting him up. Woohoo :)
Congrats : )
is there any way to do Hera-ur with a Luci team and only one gravity user?
I think you can, but you have to double gravity Minerva & then shoot a Morning Star.
Then stall on Hera-Ur till you charge & shoot gravity twice, then double Morning Star her.
It's possible but it'll take so much time & stalling THAT long on Hera-Ur isn't a safe option.

ok...
hera-ur get, costed me 3 stones...
1 on minerva dark bind + bullet... i had 9.8k...
2 on hera ur...
because i failed to kill her... because i was stupid..
i didn't use echidna and she popped the status immunity...
so i had to take one megabomb and 1 orb troll that costed me 2 stones total..
so hera ur was 3 stone, considering that i get more trolled from rem pull, that's a nice deal..
I'll do another run later :X

suko_32

Zero stoned Hera-UR Legend in less than 10 minutes with team:

Horus
Echidna
Emperor Siegfried
Rose Valk
Lilith
Horus

...and got the drop!

quin

Izunami shortens your time to move orbs for 10 turns. Makes using kirin, horus and the like difficult.

I'm guessing she randomly invades? I got the dark one. Having a fully awken monster that nullifies blind is a good idea for this one.

Musan

Izunami shortens your time to move orbs for 10 turns. Makes using kirin, horus and the like difficult.

I'm guessing she randomly invades? I got the dark one. Having a fully awken monster that nullifies blind is a good idea for this one.

Light Izanami forbids use of active skills. End boss is one of the two.

razterik

Horus and Isis dual ultimates, one of each requiring angelits. Horus goes to 5x for matching all colors, Isis goes 3x, 3.5x, 4x for each extra color.

Amon37

Congrats : )

I think you can, but you have to double gravity Minerva & then shoot a Morning Star.
Then stall on Hera-Ur till you charge & shoot gravity twice, then double Morning Star her.
It's possible but it'll take so much time & stalling THAT long on Hera-Ur isn't a safe option.

Thanks, don't know that I want to test 40-50 stamina on that. I'll wait till next time.

linsivvi

Horus and Isis dual ultimates, one of each requiring angelits. Horus goes to 5x for matching all colors, Isis goes 3x, 3.5x, 4x for each extra color.

Oh my, that brings Horus back on par with Kirin and that's something worth spending stones on farming angelits.

Until eventually the Chinese gods get their ultimates, that is.

razterik

Yeah, it's a really good boost. Also the angelit versions are fire/light Horus and water/light Isis so they have more sub flexibility. But they have some unrevealed stat changes, similar to Yomi. Non-angelit evolves are F/F and W/W with weaker multiplier boosts but similar stats.

Kreed

So how about dem archangel ultimate evolutions huh?

The Egyptians get stronger and stronger.

Isis needed an upgrade, but honestly both Horus and Isis got pretty poor upgrades vs Bastet. And I'm not sure why they made Isis's 5 color match weaker than Horus' (and Ra for that matter), or why they didn't give Isis a 4 color match multiplier. Hopefully they get subtypes though, which would be the real benefit to their ultimates.

Also read Vritra and the Odins are getting buffs. Vritra's new active skill does x10 attack at full hp, and x150 at 1 hp, and the Odin's active now heals in addition to the damage it normally does.

quin

When are the isis/horus evolutions going live?

That vritra upgrade puts him at about a 220000 hit at 1hp when fully maxed. He will fit in nicely with a lucifer team

J0dy77

Holy shit, why would they do this? Horus was elite tier already and could clear pretty much any descended. Not complaining but man he's going to be OP.

Edit: looks like I need to load my Isis account on my iPad again. Isis/Kirin could crush pretty much anything in game.

Kreed

Holy shit, why would they do this? Horus was elite tier already and could clear pretty much any descended. Not complaining but man he's going to be OP.

Edit: looks like I need to load my Isis account on my iPad again. Isis/Kirin could crush pretty much anything in game.

There are some dungeons where x16 alone isn't high enough without another multiplier added (x3 Healers, orb enhance, etc...). Horus getting a x5 option (and hopefully a subtype other than God) will fix that.

linsivvi

Isis needed an upgrade, but honestly both Horus and Isis got pretty poor upgrades vs Bastet. And I'm not sure why they made Isis's 5 color match weaker than Horus' (and Ra for that matter), or why they didn't give Isis a 4 color match multiplier. Hopefully they get subtypes though, which would be the real benefit to their ultimates.

Also read Vritra and the Odins are getting buffs. Vritra's new active skill does x10 attack at full hp, and x150 at 1 hp, and the Odin's active now heals in addition to the damage it normally does.

Well Isis is good for more casual players who can't pull off 5 color combos regularly. Having a guaranteed 3x is an advantage.

Similarly, Horus being able to do 5 colors but also scale down to 4 colors makes it both easier to play than Ra and have the flexibility to adjust damage when stalling. It will not be fair to Ra if Horus gets the same multiplier while being able to scale down.

chrono01

http://blog-imgs-45.fc2.com/p/a/z/pazusoku/pad131.jpg

So with the new skill changes for Vritra and Green/Blue Odin...

Vitra- Skill/Nuke does ATK x 10 with full HP/ x150 with 1 HP
Green/Blue Odin - Small heal added to Diabolic Lance Gungnir

Along with two Archangel Lucifers...

Morning Star --> Grudge Strike --> Diabolic Lance Gungnir --> Morning Star

Ouch! I need to get me an Archangel Lucifer.

chrono01

Actually with another Archangel Lucifer and Odin [as a Friend], you could theoretically:

Morning Star --> Grudge Strike --> Diabolic Lance Gungnir --> Morning Star --> Diabolic Lance Gungnir --> Morning Star

That would destroy bosses. If not, you might want a heart-maker/healer to recover after that second Morning Star.

Kreed

Well Isis is good for more casual players who can't pull off 5 color combos regularly. Having a guaranteed 3x is an advantage.

Similarly, Horus being able to do 5 colors but also scale down to 4 colors makes it both easier to play than Ra and have the flexibility to adjust damage when stalling. It will not be fair to Ra if Horus gets the same multiplier while being able to scale down.

Don't get me wrong, the upgrade is still a good upgrade for both and will allow more people to clear end game content, but I was expecting something on par with the upgrade Bastet got. Not only was she capable of surpassing Isis with her leader skill, but she was able to match Horus. Obviously people were upset at first about Bastet matching Horus, but besides the fact that it was much harder to get her to x4, most of us knew this meant Horus and Isis would get upgrades to make the playing field equal again. I get not wanting to make Ra obsolete, but there's no way he and Anubis aren't getting ultimates that could fix this problem anyway.

Also the non Angelit ultimates are clearly weaker than the Angelit ultimates which I think is a mistake. At least with Yomi and Vampire, you had different leader skills that could come in handy in different situations.

linsivvi

Don't get me wrong, the upgrade is still a good upgrade for both and will allow more people to clear end game content, but I was expecting something on par with the upgrade Bastet got. Not only was she capable of surpassing Isis with her leader skill, but she was able to match Horus. Obviously people were upset at first about Bastet matching Horus, but besides the fact that it was much harder to get her to x4, most of us knew this meant Horus and Isis would get upgrades to make the playing field equal again. I get not wanting to make Ra obsolete, but there's no way he and Anubis aren't getting ultimates that could fix this problem anyway.

Also the non Angelit ultimates are clearly weaker than the Angelit ultimates which I think is a mistake. At least with Yomi and Vampire, you had different leader skills that could come in handy in different situations.

True. I wonder what they are going to do to Ra. I think they should leave Anubis alone since you just don't mess with the one true god.

J0dy77

Did they mention anything about changes to skill/awakening that is the only 2 things about Horus I don't like.

When you're doing 25x damage I could care less about Awakenings.

There are some dungeons where x16 alone isn't high enough without another multiplier added (x3 Healers, orb enhance, etc...). Horus getting a x5 option (and hopefully a subtype other than God) will fix that.

16x isn't enough but 20x is enough. I've cleared every descended with Horus/Kirin team. This just makes him redonkulously strong and easier to use than the the kirin/Horus team.

Limit

nCeYoyu.jpg

lil babby horus :3

Makes sense given in some Egyptian myth stories Isis is the mother of Horus. But then again, Isis also is Horus' lover while also being her biological mother. Also, Ra is the one true God in Egyptian pantheon who created life on earth by masturbating himself, putting all his ejaculated semen in his mouth, and spitting it out onto the world. Yeah.

Also other change that they announced is that FFCD mobs are getting awakenings, the first collab mobs to do so. We might see some updates to other collabs in the future...

Flambe

Rotten Hera-Ur, strike one on Legendary for 2 stones on a dual Luci team. Can't wait till I have a good burst team going ahh luci is so plodding lol

sigh, another run @ hera-ur...
activated packet sniffing and apparently i was not getting ANY drop...
when i failed @heraur and she popped her beam instagibbing me and i knew that she wasn't dropping anything it was clear as day...
i just let the game go, and now 7 more stamina till another run..
gotta admit, packet sniffing so you KNOW when the descended boss is dropping (when the % is not 100%) is REALLY helpful..
I'd have wasted a stone for gold :)

Top Bottom