• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Haven't been able to keep up with all the news, but wow, I'm surprised they buffed Horus this much (5x for 5 element)

Speaking of which, is it worthwhile to raise & evolve my dupe Horus/Yomi to their second (weaker) form? (who would ever use them? What kind of party are best suited for them?)

Flambe

Welp blew around 12 stones on Pengdra village (and a few box upgrades) that hour lol. Sure nice getting Gold evolved invades nom nom nom. Plus around 15 darks to boost my Hera to help with -Ur later today.

Also sent pm Witched =)

J0dy77

I started looking at Takem descended dungeon and realized there's no wood or dark. All of my burst teams go right out the window (horus, byakko, robin). I evolved my Hermes to final form to give that team a try.

Kyle,

Going to need your trusty Gabriel! :)

SOF Lucifer Maxed
CDK Ultimate Evolved and almost maxed
Duke Vampire Lord Level 80 and waiting for Ultimate Evolution

I think I'm almost ready for the big boy dungeon guys. Took me forever to get to this point but I'm pretty excited.

The rest of me team is coming a long as well.

Trying to max out and ult evo Drawn joker, leveling my echidna. Working on Batman to get through easier dungeons faster. Byakko, PEKKA all coming a long as well as my ADk team.

I really love this game.

lenni

SOF Lucifer Maxed
CDK Ultimate Evolved and almost maxed
Duke Vampire Lord Level 80 and waiting for Ultimate Evolution

I think I'm almost ready for the big boy dungeon guys. Took me forever to get to this point but I'm pretty excited.

The rest of me team is coming a long as well.

Trying to max out and ult evo Drawn joker, leveling my echidna. Working on Batman to get through easier dungeons faster. Byakko, PEKKA all coming a long as well as my ADk team.

I really love this game.

Congrats, I'm still waiting for a usable burst lead. Got Robin in the recent Batmen REM, but he's not really usable outside 3-color.
I somehow managed to cheese through all dungeons except Zeus Dios, though. Which shows that one can really achieve almost everything in this game w/o IAP and good pulls! :)

Congrats, I'm still waiting for a usable burst lead. Got Robin in the recent Batmen REM, but he's not really usable outside 3-color.
I somehow managed to cheese through all dungeons except Zeus Dios, though. Which shows that one can really achieve almost everything in this game w/o IAP and good pulls! :)

Yep. I save my free stones and re rolled like a madman for Luci. I haven't bought a single stone in this game. Though I may one day just to support it.

Colby

what is this guy fucking doing? is this shit even possible? jezus christ.
I have to imagine he fails a lot and only posts his successes. In most of his videos, he gets the 7-9 combos through planning and skill, but the rest is left to cascading luck. Idk about you guys, but when I need a little luck in this game, GungHo travels across the sea and ethereally smacks me in the face.

Tobe

I have to imagine he fails a lot and only posts his successes. In most of his videos, he gets the 7-9 combos through planning and skill, but the rest is left to cascading luck. Idk about you guys, but when I need a little luck in this game, GungHo travels across the sea and ethereally smacks me in the face.

and i fucking struggle with horus.

I think he posts failure runs every once in a while and yeah it's pretty rough. I usually can only max out at 5-6 combos in any consistent manner.

My Current box showing monsters only.
peEY7CP.png

well while i get that spreading the exp like i do is wrong, dude you're on the exact polar position..
sure luci is max level, but both vamp lord and byakko could really use some love :X

I just started beefing them up and yeah I probably should have focused more on both of them earlier on. But they are finally getting there. Vampire's cost was just really high so I decided to finally bite the bullet and evolve him eventhough it meant I can only use them 3 and some dubs for awhile. My team cost is still 90.

I'm not sure what to do with Batman. I like using him to get through easier dungeons because of his ATK multiplier but it seems everyone is keeping him unevolved for low req teams. Kinda torn.

Jagernaut

I would evolve and max Batman (only takes 3 million exp). You can team up with Loki, Persephone, Lucifer, and dark Ares as well as another D/D Batman.

I just started beefing them up and yeah I probably should have focused more on both of them earlier on. But they are finally getting there. Vampire's cost was just really high so I decided to finally bite the bullet and evolve him eventhough it meant I can only use them 3 and some dubs for awhile. My team cost is still 90.

I'm not sure what to do with Batman. I like using him to get through easier dungeons because of his ATK multiplier but it seems everyone is keeping him unevolved for low req teams. Kinda torn.

no prob man :)
i was a total third-rate pad player till 3-4 months ago, was like rank 52...
then i joined gaf pad thread and i fancy myself quite good with the game...
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/collection.asp
there are several mob missing//not updated (like evo hera-is, 2xhera-ur, dem sieg and highlander, etc, ares bustied around lvl 80) etc etc :)

my failing point is that i prefer to spread the exp in the colour matching in order to maximize, rather than pumping everything in one monster regardless :)

You also need gravity users for your Lucifer team. You should get 2 Heras, and eventually Hera-Is and Hera-Ur.

An Odin/Amaterasu team is very safe for running Hera if you can meet the hp requirements and Amaterasu has 500 rcv.

That's what I'm working towards. Building my team to take her down soon.

You also need gravity users for your Lucifer team. You should get 2 Heras, and eventually Hera-Is and Hera-Ur.

An Odin/Amaterasu team is very safe for running Hera if you can meet the hp requirements and Amaterasu has 500 rcv.

i did it with a cdd godin, but a dj godin can do as well...
he can do it with a resist team, but he'll need to do some adjustement and heal consistently every turn :)

Zero_IYAD

Fire/Fire Horus: 4x for 4 colors, 4.5x for 5 colors:

400px-Ulthorus1.jpg

Fire/Light Horus: 4x for 4 colors, 5x for 5 colors:

400px-Ulthorus2.jpg

Water/Water Isis: 3x for 3 colors, 3.5x for 5 colors:

400px-Ultisis1.jpg

Water/Light Isis: 3x for 3 colors, 4x for 5 colors:

400px-Ultisis2.jpg

Ashodin

400px-Ulthorus1.jpg

400px-Ulthorus2.jpg

400px-Ultisis1.jpg

400px-Ultisis2.jpg

Yep, Fire/Light Horus will be mine. Still need an Isis.

Jagernaut

Fire/Light Horus requires Angelit(s) and his stats are supposedly "extremely unbalanced". I will go Fire/Fire when the ultimate evo is available and maybe reverse it if I get Angelits.

so...
dropped another hera-ur...
but...
it costed me 5 stone...
everything up to hera-ur was perfect...
comes hera-ur..
turn one --> echidna, ares, freyr, horus --> echidna looses 45%
turn two --> gigas, homura --> echidna arrives at 30% (really poor orb....)
turn three --> orb trolled.. no fire orb... did a full board sweep with a 8 combo...
turn four --> orb trolledx2... 2 fire orb....... full orb sweep and wake up for hera
turn five --> hera down to 19%, hera casts magic power
turn six --> 2 fire orb.. instadeath
turn seven --> 3 fire orb.. hera remains to a sliver.. instadeath!
turn eight --> BASTARD HERA! you cost me several stone! i'm gonna kill you with finesse! no.... did a 8 combo but failed sliding my finger in order to get the 9th combo, the fire one... joy! and death...
turn nine --> 0 fire orb, homura was up, used his skill and killed her.. luckily it dropped so now i have 3 hera-ur...

gungho troll me more?

Flambe

That sucks Witched, finally got mine on third shot >.< I can get to Hera easily enough without stones but that stalling between first gravity and second gravity/2x MS I end up spending one. Glad I finally got her though, one is probably fine eh? o.o Have 2 regular Hera's as well

That sucks Witched, finally got mine on third shot >.< I can get to Hera easily enough without stones but that stalling between first gravity and second gravity/2x MS I end up spending one. Glad I finally got her though, one is probably fine eh? o.o Have 2 regular Hera's as well
Yeah you're cool with One, i just want more due to team cost...
My final monored is in theory this one
www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator....1.0.0.0.3..822.99.1.0.0.0.3..652.99.1.0.0.0.3

ATM of this lineup i'm just missing a goemon

J0dy77

400px-Ulthorus1.jpg

400px-Ulthorus2.jpg

400px-Ultisis1.jpg

400px-Ultisis2.jpg

Ok this makes a lot more sense, I thought it was going to be a straight buff. I'll probably still end up using him with a Kirin friend for the easier 4 combo for 20x and 25x when the board is right. Gives a lot of flexibility. Now how to get the lots for evo. Hmmmm

Althane

So, noobie question. Once you beat a Descended boss, do you typically do them more than once?

Like, if I clear Hera, would I ever want to clear it again? (Unless I accidentally fused Hera.. which... yeah, no)

Jiraiza

So, noobie question. Once you beat a Descended boss, do you typically do them more than once?

Like, if I clear Hera, would I ever want to clear it again? (Unless I accidentally fused Hera.. which... yeah, no)

Yes, if you want to max skill the monster.

Amon37

Congrats : )

I think you can, but you have to double gravity Minerva & then shoot a Morning Star.
Then stall on Hera-Ur till you charge & shoot gravity twice, then double Morning Star her.
It's possible but it'll take so much time & stalling THAT long on Hera-Ur isn't a safe option.

2 slogs + 2 stones= 1 Hera-Ur

Man I need to level my other Hera for more gravity.

Jagernaut

iuZ0JvwZuXH3B.png

Was hoping for Japanese 1.0 and Greco-Roman I am missing key subs for my Horus team.

This is a really good godfest for me. I only have Byakko. We had Japanese 2.0 a month ago wasn't expecting them to return so soon. I really want Kirin and any of the Japanese gods (Ame no Uzume is my least favorite).

Edit. I have had good luck with the rare godfest only gods. I have pulled 3 GOdin, 1 BOdin, and 1 Dark Metatron.

Musan

This is a really good godfest for me. I only have Byakko. We had Japanese 2.0 a month ago wasn't expecting them to return so soon. I really want Kirin and any of the Japanese gods (Ame no Uzume is my least favorite).

Edit. I have had good luck with the rare godfest only gods. I have pulled 3 GOdin, 1 BOdin, and 1 Dark Metatron.

Sounds like you can make some good teams with what you have so far. I keep espousing the strengths of Byakko, but kirin is definitely better, especially if you have a valk +'d up.

I think I'll pull a couple times myself, hard to go wrong with this godfest. Only con is that the next godfest after this will probably have the sonias included.

Also, think I got a decent 0 stone strat for Kouryu. Byakko/Blodin/Drawn Joker/Vamp/Echidna. Fully awakened blue odin allows me to get at least one shot with DJ and vampire to get one good combo on RK.

Top Bottom