• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

I will pull on this godfest and hope for the best.

I would not mind Dark Metatron her final evo could be a good place holder for the dark light Hades I don't have on my Horus team.

I could use Ame no Uzume to replace my mono red team leader Firedragon.

Jagernaut

Sounds like you can make some good teams with what you have so far. I keep espousing the strengths of Byakko, but kirin is definitely better, especially if you have a valk +'d up.

I think I'll pull a couple times myself, hard to go wrong with this godfest. Only con is that the next godfest after this will probably have the sonias included.

Also, think I got a decent 0 stone strat for Kouryu. Byakko/Blodin/Drawn Joker/Vamp/Echidna. Fully awakened blue odin allows me to get at least one shot with DJ and vampire to get one good combo on RK.

I only have Byakko from the Chinese gods and none of the Japanese 2.0 gods but I have at least 1 god from every other group.

Greek - Abyss Neptune
Japanese - Orochi
Indian - Parvati
Norse - Freyja
Egyptian - Horus and Bastet
Greek 2.0 - Ares and Apollo
Angel - Lucifer
Demon - Amon
Chinese - Byakko
Special gods - GOdin, BOdin, DTron

No Chinese gods, no special gods, and only Izanagi from Japanese 2.0.

Thank you for the 10 stones gung-ho!

Hopefully I will get something good! Byakko, or the dark Japanese 2.0 might be nice

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, this fest is pretty baller. If I needed Kirin, I'd go nuts. But since I already have her, I may try for a few more Chinese gods, but it's not a for sure thing.

Flambe

Ran Pengdras around 20 times, didn't even SEE a Tamadra >.< Ah well

Godfest! Except of the ones listed I have Kirin, Leilan, Haku, Kushinadahime, DA Meta, AA Meta, GrOdin already =s Meimei might be fun, Hades is needed eh I dunno what I need

chrono01

I have Kirin, Izanagi, and Blue Odin. I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying some Magic Stones or not. ~_~

I would really like a Green Odin, Light/Dark Metatron. It also happens during Shadow Waltz so I have a chance to pull some Dark monsters as well, more specifically Archangel Lucifer, Hades, and Persephone.

...I will purchase Magic Stones. Lots of them.

Mmmmmmmmm
Kirin byakko want!
Japanese 2.0 lacklusteras i already have America no uzume and i have plenty spike lead (horus and ra)...
But the shadow waltz event with sod luci....
Think i'll bite

Oh man, I can't wait for Ultimate Horus!

In the meantime, though, I guess I'll be pulling to not get Kirin and U&Y again.

Also, if anyone is still wondering, Expert is definitely the way to go for the Pierdra dungeon. I'm averaging almost one Pierdra per run. The drop rate on the boss actually feels decent.

Dispatch

In the meantime, though, I guess I'll be pulling to not get Kirin and U&Y again.

Also, if anyone is still wondering, Expert is definitely the way to go for the Pierdra dungeon. I'm averaging almost one Pierdra per run. The drop rate on the boss actually feels decent.

You're getting one per run? I haven't been keeping track but I've been running the dungeon regularly and have only had three drop in total. I drained my stamina just now and didn't get a single drop in 6 runs.
Of course, I've gotten three tamadras in the last two days. :)

dude..
i'm at 30 run and 3 pierdra..
so definitely 1 pierdra per run?
lolno.....

monored athena with
busty ares lead
busty freyr friend
homura
gigas
echidna
and i think horus

floor1 gigas --> meh.. oh well i assume i'll 1 stone it, since i doubt i can deal 600k in 3 turns
floor2 cu --> should be ok.. I can heal 9k per turn more or less, he can dish 10k, and given his defense i just need 32dmg..5atkwith aresdk and freyr secondary fire it's 7 dmg per turn..
I just need to survive 6 turn
floor 3 sieg --> now....if i understood correctly he'll just counter when dealt the first dmg.. so i need to simply charge my skills, unload everything and be done, i can even use echidna if need be, since i won't be using her on athena..
athena 4--> grind feast, i just need to NOT get orb trolled and two turn in a row health orb to light orb.. other than that it's just grind till 17-20%, then pop ares+frery+horus, she *should* die, if not gigas+homura and repeat.. and she shoud die..
15% of her life is roughly 500-600k.. with freyr+ares orb+horus i should be able to deal 400k easily, and with homura+gigas+freyr the remaining :)
so yeah :p
worst i should 2--3 stone it

takeminakata on the other hand... i'm quite unsure..

Jagernaut

But the lack of those two colors severely limits your team selection. What are you planning on running?

Mono red busty Ares/Freyr or busty Bastet/Bastet with my strongest red, blue, and light subs.

Edit. Bastet/busty Ares/Abyss Neptune/Zeus/Valkyrie/Bastet would be over 17k hp, and almost 3k rcv.

I saw a video of a Valkyrie/Bastet healer team with Echidna and King Shynee for a 36x burst against the boss.

Woo! Finally max skilled my King Shynee! After going like 1/22 for my first skill-up, I went 3/4 on my next feeding. RNG gonna RNG. GungHo needs to provide a better way to skill-up these monsters.

raiot

Grats!

I try to finish my Hera-Is, but she is only at turn 22 now...
I use Valk, valk, Echidna, Bastet, Valk but i don't know if its faster if I replace 1 Valk or Bastet with Fairlion?

Flambe

Hmm for Ultimate evolving...

Ceres either Light or Dark? I have Hera-Ur now for Devil teams and Valk for Healer teams so is there a better direction to go? Or maybe depends on resists?

Minerva same thing, though I don't have Balance team for light busty..

I guess I have Venus too but not levelled up really

Edit: Whoops was going to link Padherder for reference, thanks for reminder Cosmo hehe

There are use cases for both busties, really. For example using Shower of Healing to get back to L.Metatron range, or using her on a Satan team. Depends on what you have access to.

chrono01

Since I can't run Hera yet, and the 2x drop for Friday, I'm running Friday's dungeon for Dub-mythlit/Dub-topalit [to evolve my Kirin]. Thankfully I managed to get two Dub-mythlit [one from an invade] and one Dub-topalit. One more Dub-topalit and Kirin will finally be evolved and promptly awakened to full...

I have so many Dub-amelit/Dub-emelit, though. I've been increasing the size of my Monster Box after each run since I keep running out of space [I don't want to sell them since I know when I actually need them the game will not give me any]. I'm up to 290 spaces now. ~_~

Also, is it worth it to fully awaken Kirin? I'm guessing yes, but I want to be sure before I spend my Tamadra [I have five of them]. Or maybe I should fully awaken my Blue Odin. His Awakenings are pretty great, but I'm not sure how I'll use him in my Kirin team.

[I'm going to run the hell out of Pierdra's dungeon tomorrow during the 2x drop. I'll probably use a few Magic Stones too.]

Ducarmel

Also, is it worth it to fully awaken Kirin? I'm guessing yes, but I want to be sure before I spend my Tamadra [I have five of them]. Or maybe I should fully awaken my Blue Odin. His Awakenings are pretty great, but I'm not sure how I'll use him in my Kirin team.

If you have a kirin team ready I would use it on her but how often her 2nd and 3rd awakening will help you out, maybe use it on her subs.

BlOdin awakening is great but if your going to use him on Kirin team you want to think outside of the box. Assuming you can build a max level and max skilled team, BlOdin awakening would be extremely useful if your team is also staked with similar monsters with the same awakening (skill boost). So imagine a team on a descend and you 25x ohko every floor to the boss level without stalling. By the time you get there all your skills are ready 2 gravities (assuming if leader friend is Kirin), Blodin dark attack, GrOdin light attack, and whatever the other two monster skill are, then perform a 25x attack you probably can clear many descends quickly and easily.

I know its easier said then done and the typical Kirin team is probably stronger and easier to build but its fun to think about these types of teams.

chrono01

If you have a kirin team ready I would use it on her but how often her 2nd and 3rd awakening will help you out, maybe use it on her subs.

BlOdin awakening is great but if your going to use him on Kirin team you want to think outside of the box. Assuming you can build a max level and max skilled team, BlOdin awakening would be extremely useful if your team is also staked with similar monsters with the same awakening (skill boost). So imagine a team on a descend and you 25x ohko every floor to the boss level without stalling. By the time you get there all your skills are ready 2 gravities (assuming if leader friend has a max skill Kirin), Blodin dark attack, GrOdin light attack, and whatever the other two monster skill are, then perform a 25x attack you probably can clear many descends quickly and easily.

I know its easier said then done and the typical Kirin team is probably stronger and easier to build but its fun to think about these types of teams.
Thanks for your input!

Yeah, the first awakening with Kirin is an easy decision. The jammer/blind-resist, though, I'm not so sure about.

As for my team, I'm still working on it. I've been having HORRIBLE luck with a Naga, so no Echidna, so I've been using Titan, Verche, Blue Odin, and Mandrake. I didn't have the team to attempt Two heroes a few days ago so I missed out on the subs to replace Mandrake/Blue Odin, but I don't have an Echidna now so I need a healer anyway.

The only member on my team that will be a permanent member is Verche, and I definitely don't want to use my Tamadra on a monster I can farm for. I might just awaken Kirin once and then save my Tamadra for other core members of my party.

Your idea does sound good, though. Having a fully-awakened Green/Blue Odin on my team would be great, although I'd need a Green Odin first, as well as the cost to use them both [and an Echidna for red orbs].

Jagernaut

I just watched a video of a Japanese player destroying Takeminakata on Legend with a double Isis team. He killed everything with 9x attacks without using any skills or stalling at all.

Ducarmel

I just watched a video of a Japanese player destroying Takeminakata on Legend with a double Isis team. He killed everything with 9x attacks without using any skills or stalling at all.

How did he deal with God Channeling? I doubt 9x could be enough to take out 25% of his HP in one attack.

edit: Disregard I was looking at Takeminakata mythical stats.

Quantum

I hate this thread.

I had completely given up on PAD. Finished, caput.

I almost gave my account away - almost.

I started playing again and squeaked through hera for a second drop today at work.

(a jester dragon/GrOdin team) took almost 2 hours but was very fun.

I still haven't given any money to gungho but really feel badly about it because I have to have put like 50-60 hours into this game at this point.

Ashodin

I'm trying to play Spirit Stones (lol) and they've been down for maintenance for TWO DAYS now lol. They've had catastrophic failures to their network following their latest update.

The game is entirely similar to PAD except you make gems in a row instead of moving them. Oh and the game is chock full of T and A.

My goal in the game is to make a team without any sexy females. Just to fight the horrible portrayal of women in that game. Lol

Zero_IYAD

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeumjRuwKA

Edit. He used Isis/Echidna/Hera-Is/Orochi/Zeus/Isis. With 4 water subs the 9x damage was enough to kill Takeminakata before he used God channeling. It helps that he attacks every 2 turns.
Hmmm
There's no point in bringing a delayer, so Echidna & Orochi can be replaced with better monsters.

Am thinking double Bastet leaders will do..
The problem is filling all the other 4 spots with the right monsters.

Guess am going with:
-Busty Bastet (Leader): Max Leveled, Fully Awoken
-Emperor Siegfried: Lvl 90, Max Skilled
-Awoken Hera-Ur: Lvl 71 OR RGG: Lvl 66, Max Skilled ((Am a lil worried about his negative recovery, never used him actually before))
-Busty Valkyrie: Lvl 70, No skill ups :/
-Midgard: Lvl 55, Skill Lvl 5 OR Siren: Lvl 77, Max Skilled, Fully Awoken

This might be the best built I can afford.
Also am not sure how many friends on my list run good enough Bastets >_<

Ugh 1 for 10 so far on Hera skillups. I think that puts me at around 5 for 60. That's pretty outrageous considering they've all been fed during 2x events.

I'm thinking of switching over and trying to keep a Hera even with Hera Is. Someone pointed out that I'll rarely need just one gravity and having them on skewed timers doesn't help in terms of stalling.

J0dy77

Ugh 1 for 10 so far on Hera skillups. I think that puts me at around 5 for 60. That's pretty outrageous considering they've all been fed during 2x events.

I'm thinking of switching over and trying to keep a Hera even with Hera Is. Someone pointed out that I'll rarely need just one gravity and having them on skewed timers doesn't help in terms of stalling.

Yup, same boat for me. I'm zero for 7. Brutal.

I think it can go either way with reducing one or two gravity cool downs. I want to make Hera-is for Horus/Kirin team but could use both to push Byakko into elite tier. I'm going to get IS finished one day but who knows when at this rate it will be three years from now.

Ashodin

So tomorrow's JP Godfest details... I looked it up, then Google Translate hit and I got this

0QeP0Zt.gif

wat

Tobe

Before and after (time period: 20 days) have i done good gaf? what direction should i take? right now im using vamp leader with rainbow keeper and black baron with tyranno and flame knight with war deity ares (thx gaf)

linsivvi

Spent 3 stones and 4 full energy bars on the Friday dungeon because I just don't want to deal with that shit for a while (Shake fists at Mystic Knights for eating my previous supply). Only got 5 dubs and 2 of them were from invasion.

Top Bottom