• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

^I also got her today and can't wait to replace my Firedragon. She is considered the worse of the new Japanese gods but the best mono-red leader depending who you ask. I hope when they introduce her busty Gungho does something crazy with her like an unconditional 3.5 Atk/HP/RCV for fire att,

Goddess of the Art, Ame no Uzume (( WTH!! Since when REM drops evolved forms of the gods! & why the heck did I get the evo form of the one I got on the 1st pull :| ))
This happened to me the last godfest I got Flame Deity Falcon Horus instead of regular Horus. I guess there is a small chance to get 2nd evo stage gods in REM.

ZeroAKA

They are adding in evolved rippers (really) so not all of the changes are good ones. My understanding of things is that you really aren't that much better off with the machine in terms of getting desirable non-farmable mobs than you were before.
I knew there had to be a catch. Still, I'm happy with the Horus and Ra that I already have for burst leaders, so I don't feel too compelled to pull this time around.

thetechkid

^I also got her today and can't wait to replace my Firedragon. She is considered the worse of the new Japanese gods but the best mono-red leader depending who you ask. I hope when they introduce her busty Gungho does something crazy with her like an unconditional 3.5 Atk/HP/RCV for fire att,

This happened to me the last godfest I got Flame Deity Falcon Horus instead of regular Horus. I guess there is a small chance to get 2nd evo stage gods in REM.

Yeah I got Kirin's 2nd form and at first I thought I goofed or something because I didn't know it was possible either.

Flambe

Woot, Pierdra maxed! Thought I was gonna be having bad luck with 0/6 skillups at first, then got 3 skilllups in a row, and a skillup around every other feed afterwards so not bad at all!

I'm going to pull once in congratulations for myself because with this luck I'll get a Hades.

Aaaaand.

Archangel Michael o_O Drat

Amon37

skill level 5, I think I'll try a couple REM pulls.

3 rolls

succubus
thanatos
then the troll
gold egg.......evolved thanatos

chrono01

One more skill-up for Drawn Joker on the single Piedra I got. Three more to go. Here's hoping I can manage during the reaming time for the event, as there's only four more days of 2x skill-chance...

suko_32

Zero stoned Athena Descended with:

-Horus
-Echidna
-Rose Valk
-Siegfried
-ChuChu
-Kirin

Gungho didn't troll me too hard with orbs.

razterik

3/31 on Pierdra, out of 70 or so runs. Jester Dragon is a damn joke. And I still have to work on Angry Bird skill ups today.

Two Godfest pulls - Kirin, dupe. Dark golem, one skill up for my light golem. Nice, but holding off for the refresh and the next wave of gods/Sonias.

Genji

5 rolls:

1) Dark Metatron
2) Thanatos
3) Pierdrawn :(
4) Pierdrawn :(
5) Fairlio

I can use Fairlio for my Valk team at least. Dark Metatron seems very cool, but don't have a team for her yet. As expected, the 2 Pierdrawn led to 0 skillups.

Rolled 3 more times:

Kirin
Karin
Dark Metatron

Figured that be a good place to stop :) I think I'm done with the REM for a while! Dark Meta x2, I guess one works as a sub? I don't think I'll use the extra to awaken.

chrono01

Rolled 3 more times:

Kirin
Karin
Dark Metatron

Figured that be a good place to stop :) I think I'm done with the REM for a while! Dark Meta x2, I guess one works as a sub? I don't think I'll use the extra to awaken.
Haha, very nice. Good thing you went back for more!

chrono01

No kidding. Was really frustrated earlier with the lack of skillups and drops for Drawn Joker. So many highs and lows in this game!
Indeed. It's one of the things I love/hate about it.

I feel your pain on the Pierdra drops, though. Even with x2 drop-rates I barely got any today. I did manage two skill-up's. I still need 3, though.

umisaki&yamasachi
mlk -->yeah...
farlio --> .... i've already pulled 7 farlio so far....
meimei --> i have 2 already....
blue golem --> have it already
isis --> okayish pull...

i'll cave and buy more roll because i want a frigging kirin&byakko...

Limit

So has anyone tried out some PAD clones recently? I have been hearing good things about Gods and Dragons but unfortunately it is currently only available on ios. Apparently this game is doing gangbusters in China. I myself tried out a game called "Spirit Stones", which is a 1:1 PAD clone on F2P mechanics side but the gameplay has a nice little twist to it. Instead of moving around blocks you draw a line through same colored blocks and can chain to blocks of other colors depending on certain powerups that are randomly placed in the grid. And of course you have monsters with particular color attributes who attack depending on what colored blocks you have destroyed. Its interesting though the art style leaves a lot to be desired. Looks cheap.

I also read about a romance of three kingdoms PAD clone but I haven't even been able to find a screenshot of this game, let alone the game itself.

6 stoned athena with monored...
1 stone on gigas.. oh well..
3 stones on sieg.. 1 due to orb trollage, the other due to my thickhead.. didn't meet neither hp treshhold... during fire phase sieg could oneshot me once every two turns :)
2 on athena.. 1 orb troll, 1 missed my last piece of combo which was incidentally heart..

did this with monored 4atk,2hp,2rcv with a pitiful 17k hp after all buff :)
basically every turn i had to do a 7+ combo involving heart or i was dead...
felt good..

on the other hand, the rem troll felt bad as always...

J0dy77

One roll, gold egg....

Dark Mech. Can't even count how many golems and mystic knights I've gotten out of this REM.

So glad I'm spending stones on anything but pulls.

on a side note my account is getting more and more filled on god :X
i have to elaborate how to tackle zeus tomorrow :X
not even a single on of my spike leader is ready :|

think i'll be dropping 22 dollah more and try again..
byakko or kirin..
i want definitely one of those..

Amon37

I'm hoping my current Luci team can clear Zeus. Last time I don't think I was ready but this time might be different.

Four pulls:

Mystic flame knight ( skill up for tengu team)
Freyr (new! But now I wish I did not have a skill level 3 CoC archer)
Loki (really during Chinese/japan2.0?, dupe but no clue if I want to go through that work for a on awakening)
Mystic light knight (no skill up)

From yesterday I got three take, and got my drawn joker to skill level 5.

Alright here we goooooooo ....

1.) Vampire - FUUUU

2.) Okuninushi Lv. 30 - looks nice ... delay attack + 4x attack for a 6+ combo ... very nice ...

3.) Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin lv. 4. Dark wood and water = 3.5x attack, man that will be easy lol.

4.) Earth Golem

Well shit I can't complain here. God 2 gods with awesome combo potential.

For those who know, how good is Karin and Okuninushi? They look good at first glance

Althane

Will there be another 2x drop on Dragon in Motley?

If so, I think I'll pass on constantly running it until then. Otherwise... might as well max out that Piedra and get the Drawn Joker formed.

Limit

Alright here we goooooooo ....

1.) Vampire - FUUUU

2.) Okuninushi Lv. 30 - looks nice ... delay attack + 4x attack for a 6+ combo ... very nice ...

3.) Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin lv. 4. Dark wood and water = 3.5x attack, man that will be easy lol.

4.) Earth Golem

Well shit I can't complain here. God 2 gods with awesome combo potential.

For those who know, how good is Karin and Okuninushi? They look good at first glance

Okuninushi is legit. Basically Horus but way more flexible.

Zero_IYAD

Zero stoned Athena Descended with:

-Horus
-Echidna
-Rose Valk
-Siegfried
-ChuChu
-Kirin

Gungho didn't troll me too hard with orbs.
Am really interested in your team built!
I got all of these monsters except Horus which I can replace with Bastet, all of them with very high levels or even Maxed.

Any video for your team?
Or at least can you give me some advice on each round :) ?

Ducarmel

hm. Any reason to have 2 Hakus or should I try for a skillup?
C'mon son, your joking right?

Two chances to use Western Seven-Star Formation on a Haku team is worth more then wasting a Haku on a skill up that will not happen. Also might be useful to have two, Gungho likes giving popular monster two busties she has a good chance to get two.

J0dy77

hm. Any reason to have 2 Hakus or should I try for a skillup?

Two chances to use Western Seven-Star Formation on a Haku team is worth more then wasting a Haku on a skill up that will not happen. Also might be useful to have two, Gungho likes giving popular monster two busties she has a good chance to get two.

Yeah definitely worth have the active skill and 3 on a team.

Yeah definitely worth have the active skill and 3 on a team.

fair enough, but who gets dropped from the team then?

D/D Hades (max)
Hera-Is (max)
Hera-Ur (94)
Echidna (92)

Haku + Ur puts out some serious burst damage

suko_32

Am really interested in your team built!
I got all of these monsters except Horus which I can replace with Bastet, all of them with very high levels or even Maxed.

Any video for your team?
Or at least can you give me some advice on each round :) ?

No videoes since I wasn't recording and was half asleep when I did this but:

-Horus (Max Lv)
-Echidna (Lv. 88, Skill Lv. 5)
-Rose Valk (Max Lv/Skill/Awakening)
-Siegfried (Lv. 70, Skill Lv. 4)
-ChuChu (Lv. 71, Skill Lv. 6)
-Kirin (Friend's, Max Lv, 1 Awakening)

Round 1: Use all 4 turns to kill Gigas
Round 2: Attack and heal to charge skills, but try to kill him ASAP when he turns dark.
Round 3: I used a few turns to match the remaining heart orbs since my Echidna still wasn't ready and used his inactivity after that to setup my combo to kill him. Took a few turns for him to die.
Round 4: Used Echidna's skill immediately and proceeded to kill her using other skills to help if necessary.

I think you can replace Rose Valk with something else, but I put her in because she was maxed out and in case I get screwed on light orbs for Kirin. I don't think any of the awakenings are necessary. The most important thing is to use Echidna's skill on Athena turn one and keep doing that 20x damage.

Zero_IYAD

No videoes since I wasn't recording and was half asleep when I did this but:

-Horus (Max Lv)
-Echidna (Lv. 88, Skill Lv. 5)
-Rose Valk (Max Lv/Skill/Awakening)
-Siegfried (Lv. 70, Skill Lv. 4)
-ChuChu (Lv. 71, Skill Lv. 6)
-Kirin (Friend's, Max Lv, 1 Awakening)

Round 1: Use all 4 turns to kill Gigas
Round 2: Attack and heal to charge skills, but try to kill him ASAP when he turns dark.
Round 3: I used a few turns to match the remaining heart orbs since my Echidna still wasn't ready and used his inactivity after that to setup my combo to kill him. Took a few turns for him to die.
Round 4: Used Echidna's skill immediately and proceeded to kill her using other skills to help if necessary.

I think you can replace Rose Valk with something else, but I put her in because she was maxed out and in case I get screwed on light orbs for Kirin. I don't think any of the awakenings are necessary. The most important thing is to use Echidna's skill on Athena turn one and keep doing that 20x damage.
Will give it a try, thanks : )

I need the best Kirin, so if anyone has a buffed one please put it up for me

J0dy77

fair enough, but who gets dropped from the team then?

D/D Hades (max)
Hera-Is (max)
Hera-Ur (94)
Echidna (92)

Haku + Ur puts out some serious burst damage

I think it depends on what you're trying to run. If it's a farm team and you won't have time to charge gravity drop Hades or IS.

So has anyone tried out some PAD clones recently? I have been hearing good things about Gods and Dragons but unfortunately it is currently only available on ios. Apparently this game is doing gangbusters in China. I myself tried out a game called "Spirit Stones", which is a 1:1 PAD clone on F2P mechanics side but the gameplay has a nice little twist to it. Instead of moving around blocks you draw a line through same colored blocks and can chain to blocks of other colors depending on certain powerups that are randomly placed in the grid. And of course you have monsters with particular color attributes who attack depending on what colored blocks you have destroyed. Its interesting though the art style leaves a lot to be desired. Looks cheap.

I also read about a romance of three kingdoms PAD clone but I haven't even been able to find a screenshot of this game, let alone the game itself.
While not really PAD clones I been playing a few games with the PAD framework lately.
Demon Tribe: PAD+MOBA. Runs like shit on iPhone 4, has like five tiers of magic stones and is very stingy about giving you any of the ones that roll for good demons, has a completely awful UI
Donpaccin: PAD+shmup. Runs kinda poorly on iPhone 4, UI is missing a lot of helpful shortcuts that PAD has (like holding on a monster to go to its stats screen), has the interesting "feature" where you can keep running dungeons even if your monster box is over the limit. Instead they hold your drops ransom in a Present Box, which sucks cause you really just want to feed away those fodder mons en masse instead of doing it one by one.

As archaic as the PAD interface might be, I appreciate that it loads quickly and runs with a smooth framerate. Also funny that all these other games fail to even match the low UX baseline that PAD sets.

linsivvi

While not really PAD clones I been playing a few games with the PAD framework lately.
Demon Tribe: PAD+MOBA. Runs like shit on iPhone 4, has like five tiers of magic stones and is very stingy about giving you any of the ones that roll for good demons, has a completely awful UI
Donpaccin: PAD+shmup. Runs kinda poorly on iPhone 4, UI is missing a lot of helpful shortcuts that PAD has (like holding on a monster to go to its stats screen), has the interesting "feature" where you can keep running dungeons even if your monster box is over the limit. Instead they hold your drops ransom in a Present Box, which sucks cause you really just want to feed away those fodder mons en masse instead of doing it one by one.

As archaic as the PAD interface might be, I appreciate that it loads quickly and runs with a smooth framerate. Also funny that all these other games fail to even match the low UX baseline that PAD sets.

I tried a couple as well.

Doctor Who Legacy: It borrows a lot from PAD but with plenty of its own ideas thrown in. The basic game play is exactly the same, though there are a lot more orb manipulation abilities from enemies, from taking away 1 color, to locking orbs and putting a minus sign on healing orbs. Biggest difference is that there's no energy system and everything can be farmed. There's only 1 leader and the leader ability is charged by number of combos instead of rounds. It's pretty fun but rather easy for PAD veterans and iap is totally not necessary. Good to kill time when waiting for stamina to recharge.

Divine Gate: Gungho's follow up to PAD. The design and game play is top notch but I just can't get into the basic game play. It's just not as fun as dragging an orb around creating combos.

My phone is quite old as well and like you, both games ran like shit. I really appreciate how smooth PAD runs and hope they won't change it.

Top Bottom