• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Divine Gate: Gungho's follow up to PAD. The design and game play is top notch but I just can't get into the basic game play. It's just not as fun as dragging an orb around creating combos.
I don't really understand how Divine Gate works in terms of damage, do you just basically drag character tiles into slots as fast as possible? That's what it seems like in videos.

ok...
10 more pulls
vampire lord
shaitan
shaitan
shaitan
karin
drawn joker
drawn joker
ame no uzume
vampire lord
kirin

STOP this..

so..
i've given gungho roughly 100dollah for this godfest.. plus the troll roll i got today..
i'll stick to noniap for a while... thank god i'm not poor or anything.. but this amount of troll...
i just wanted a kirin or a byakko.. luckily i got a kirin at least...
missing byakko and suzaku of the chinese 2.0.... and while i don't give a fuck about suzaku, i could have really used a byakko...
sighhhh

on a side not...
google play credit from adsense or woot? :)

coy

Just returned from holiday with family across the state. As busy as everything was, I was able to find time to play and even run some descends. Only attempted Takeminakata on my main and was able to 0-stone Legend with a drop and +ATK! Monored team of:

Freyr 77
Hera-Ur 60
RGG 41
Goemon 75
Echidna 85

I had planned on running Bastet/Kushi team with 4 strong subs, but seeing as I just max skilled Freyr, something I am ecstatic about given the skillup process and being a god as well, I really wanted to bring him out for a descend run. No problem moments which is a plus as I was already unsober from continued partying. Also did Hera-Ur on my alt with standard Kirin setup and got the drop on the 2nd run.

With my Pierdra droprate being lower than I would like, I have gone 3/10 on skillups which I will take all day on these attempts.

Uthred

Rolled again in a moment of madness, second Vampire, no skill up for my Duke again. Well played P&D, well played.

As a company I know theres no reason to, but considering the sheer amouny of money theyre making you'd think they might consider a marginal increase like x4 or x5 for Godfest gods. Or take out the 3* shit at least.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks to tr4656's buffed Kirin I managed to get me an Athena
Spent a stone on Siegfried & 3 on Athena, but compared to any REM pull, 4 stones is worth it I guess :|

tumblr_mx55rsUJLY1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

I also hit rank 200 today :>

Am only missing Zeus-Dios, Satan & Tengu.. & I'll be done with all the current Descended Dungeons.

suko_32

Spent a stone on Siegfried & 3 on Athena, but compared to any REM pull, 4 stones is worth it I guess :|

Am only missing Zeus-Dios, Satan & Tengu.. & I'll be done with all the current Descended Dungeons.

Edited: lol, posted asking you how'd your Athena run went and then reread your post.

Jagernaut

I'm rank 202 and only missing Zeus-Dios. I'll get him eventually.

well for me athena with monored wasn't THAT much.. 6 stoned her (but i could have 2 stoned tops if i went with a maxlevel friend freyr instead of lvl 32 freyr friend)...
i wonder if i'll be able to zeus tomorrow...
would love to give it a go, but i fear it will be a wipefeast :|

coy

Roll time

Okuninushi lv30
Tiamat +ATK
MFK
I&I (2nd Awakening!)

Main pulls were satisfying as I did manage to luck out Okuni. Admittedly, I would have preferred to get him on my alt as I already have Bastet, but this strengthens the dark set on this account.

Thanatos
MIK
FA Lucifer
Fairlio (dupe)
Shaitan (dupe)
Naga
MSK
Mermaid
Pierdra (haha)
Ice Guardian

Not thrilled with the pulls on my alt as most are dupes. Now have Thanatos on both. With the dearth of dark and, more to the point, devil subs on this account, I am very happy to pull Lucifer on here, namely for the Satan team possibities and fantastic Awakenings.

Bonus pulls:

6 Mystic Knights
2 Shardra
Fairlio
AA Metatron

Seeing how she had none of the featured sets, my lady had 13 rolls stored but only pulled 10 looking for a new leader or two. That did not happen. She already has a max skill Megalodran so bleh. As for the mystics, I cannot recall which types they were but damn that was real discouraging to witness. Thankfully, she was elated with AA Meta (healer team main so both pulls are perfect). Her luck has not been as fortunate as mine during godfests so she was real happy, enough that, if the remaining pulls are not complete trash, she'd like to finally grab some stones and get the 85-pack. I am considering the same as this is the ideal pairing I would IAP for and do a dozen hoping for a couple of nice pickups.

linsivvi

Was a bit tired and accidentally clicked Kouryu with a Ocean of Heaven farming team. I literally went wtf when I saw rainbow keeper in round 1. Still feeling pretty good after getting Takeminakata and Athena back to back.

I don't really understand how Divine Gate works in terms of damage, do you just basically drag character tiles into slots as fast as possible? That's what it seems like in videos.

That's pretty much it, though there are some skills involved if you want to maximize the combos. Let's say if a mob has an attack that is triggered by RR, and a stronger attack that's triggered by 5Rs. If you put 4Rs in a box it will attack twice, if you put 5Rs it will instead use the stronger attack. And I think I've seen a mob that requires 5 colors to trigger.

one more roll..
hades..
ok i cave in and i'll get 30 more stone and JUST 4 more roll..
i really, really want an haku...
fuck sake....

chrono01

Against my better judgement, I used the six rolls. I got a duplicate of Hades, and ANOTHER Blue Odin. ~_~

Our of 14 rolls I never got one Chinese God. That's insane. Granted I have Kirin already, but still. ~_~

Flambe

Buggers with your Hades' >.< Here I go again

Welp, Thanatos dupe, Fairlio, Lilith, Drall and another Drall goddamnit lol

Was a bit tired and accidentally clicked Kouryu with a Ocean of Heaven farming team. I literally went wtf when I saw rainbow keeper in round 1. Still feeling pretty good after getting Takeminakata and Athena back to back.

That's pretty much it, though there are some skills involved if you want to maximize the combos. Let's say if a mob has an attack that is triggered by RR, and a stronger attack that's triggered by 5Rs. If you put 4Rs in a box it will attack twice, if you put 5Rs it will instead use the stronger attack. And I think I've seen a mob that requires 5 colors to trigger.

if they translate it, i might as well alternate my time sinks :p

Against my better judgement, I used the six rolls. I got a duplicate of Hades, and ANOTHER Blue Odin. ~_~

Our of 14 rolls I never got one Chinese God. That's insane. Granted I have Kirin already, but still. ~_~

this is to teach us patience and judgement!
after this i swear i'll not buy stone till christmas//new year godfest!

Jagernaut

Can't believe some of you guys keep throwing money at the REM. I did 6 rolls, nothing from the godfest and the only decent pull was a Lv 30 Loki from the dark carnival. No more rolls for me.

You guys are such gamblers. :p

meh...
personally speaking it just that my money:ratio time gone bad :)
not to boast but my earning are 2x (actually close to 2.5) to the median of earning for my age window (sub30)...
on the other hand while being a gamer i've so little time to play that it's pathetic :X
so pad sits just fine with me atm :X

anyway i'll do one LAST roll before going to sleep, and then w/e

Zero_IYAD

Edited: lol, posted asking you how'd your Athena run went and then reread your post.
Thanks, that team built was really good : )
I'm rank 202 and only missing Zeus-Dios. I'll get him eventually.
Am glad I managed to catch up to most of you here.
I hit day 198 today since I started playing the game, comparing the 1st 3 months & the time I started writing here around July, I really progressed pretty well.
I didn't really spend that much money on the game too, considering most of my stones were acquired through gifts/free codes : )

Giard

Since the 2x skill up event...

0/12 Pierdra
0/4 Ancient Dragon Knight
0/1 Chaos Dragon Knight

I've never even seen what a skill up looks like. This is making me hate the game.

Ducarmel

Currently Vesta Cave and Hermeta Volcanic Belt.

Have done much regular or tech dungeon advancing lately
Here is a quick rank up guide

Good locations to level up:
Tower of Giants, Stage 3 - Usually 5 stamina per run, down to 3 on weekends. You can run this nonstop up to level 90 or so; ~300xp/sta (~500xp/sta on weekends) Do this on the weekend.

Weekend Dungeon (Master) - 25 stamina per run, drops 70-300k gold (if 2x coin event); ~400xp/sta

Hyperion Lava Flow, Stage 3 or Stage 5 - 10 or 12 stamina per run, also drops Titan skill up material and King metals; ~500xp/sta

Oceanus Falls, Stage 3 or Stage 5 - 10 or 12 stamina per run, also drops Siren skill up material and King metals; ~500xp/sta

Kronos Forest, Stage 3 or Stage 5 - 10 or 12 stamina per run, also King metals; ~500xp/sta

Starlight Sanctuary, Stage 5 - If you can take this on, why are you here? ~800xp/sta

To add to that

Normal Dungeon
Ocean of Heaven, 5th level – Sea-God of Heaven
Every day: ~450 exp/stamina

Tech dungeon
Hill of Iris's Rainbow, 5th level – Goddess in Paradise
Every day: ~382 exp/stamina

I play those dungeons during x1.5

saichi

Undine
Ame no Uzume
Vampire
Dryad

should have stopped after 2nd roll... teach me that I shouldn't be greedy :(

EDIT:

Rolled 3 more times:

Kirin
Karin
Dark Metatron

Figured that be a good place to stop :) I think I'm done with the REM for a while! Dark Meta x2, I guess one works as a sub? I don't think I'll use the extra to awaken.

I want your rolls

fun fact..
alrause is getting an ultimate..
if the other healer girls do as well, i expect that they will have a stat increase..
this will only make echidna more and more prominent, since atm while her active was uber, her status lagged behind very much, and this was just further exacerbated by the fact that she rarely shared colour/type for type or colour themed team...
i expect them to bring healer girls stat in line with ultimate toydragon serie, so in the 3,4k-3,6k !

raiot

So Godfest...
rolled 1 time, Archangel Lucifer. But I already have one at Max level. Is there any reason to have 3 Morning Stars in a Luci team? :)

razterik

So Godfest...
rolled 1 time, Archangel Lucifer. But I already have one at Max level. Is there any reason to have 3 Morning Stars in a Luci team? :)

Sure. Morning Star -> Vritra -> Pekka/Blue Odin -> Morning Star -> Pekka/Blue Odin -> Morning Star -> *poof*. Impractical but hilarious damage.

Healer girl ultimates. If these aren't garbage, I bet each one will need Angelit or Devilit. Echidna will probably need five of them!

Poor Indian Gods. All back of the bus.

Anyway, this godfest gave me kirin, karin, hades, umisachi, okonimushi, izanagi and a few others (not counting dupes), so..
Guess i'll sit and train what i have (a LOT ) for a bit! So long rem, We'll meet in Christmas !
Now...
Kirin team, horus team or ra team?

xCobalt

Messed up twice against Zeus with my satan team. One run, I took out all the masks with an unlucky cascade and wasn't able to charge skills. The other run was due to terrible matching. Had a row of dark orbs ready to take out the chimeras but i messed up trying to score a few more combos.

Top Bottom