• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Alright quick question for you all. My better judgment got cast aside, and I rolled some more prior to the end of the godfest. I ended up with a Hades and a U&Y.

My question is, if one only has a single Hades, which ultimate evolution would you go for, D/L, or D/D?

As far as burst teams, I've got Horus, Haku, and U&Y.

I'd say D/D if you plan on using Haku a lot. I actually use D/D more than D/L

Alright quick question for you all. My better judgment got cast aside, and I rolled some more prior to the end of the godfest. I ended up with a Hades and a U&Y.

My question is, if one only has a single Hades, which ultimate evolution would you go for, D/L, or D/D?

As far as burst teams, I've got Horus, Haku, and U&Y.
With Hera getting a D/D busty soonish I'd go with D/L for Hades.

I can pick up a used first edition for cheap, or get a new second for nearly double the price. I'm going to look into this...Could be nice to have (and it's a good way to start my Android file before switching to an Android phone next year).

Im on a 1st gen N7 as well and honestly, even though PAD runs great the performance over all is pretty shitty. I'd definitely get the new one if I were you, it would be a way better start to your Android life!

The N5 is a beast though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Im on a 1st gen N7 as well and honestly, even though PAD runs great the performance over all is pretty shitty. I'd definitely get the new one if I were you, it would be a way better start to your Android life!

The N5 is a beast though.

New N7 will probably be the route I go. I will probably be going Note 3 when my contract is up at the end of March. I really enjoyed the writing features of the Note 2 that my coworker has. The Note 3 looks like a better version of that...Plus, that screen size.

chrono01

Wow Tamadra luck on metal dragons woo, picked up 2 in consecutive dungeons =D

Now where to put them >.<
I got one earlier this morning too. I had just fully Awakened my Kirin, so that leaves three just sitting in my box.

I'm not sure what to do with that, at the moment, since I'm still building my Kirin team. I'll just hold onto them for now.

I'd say D/D if you plan on using Haku a lot. I actually use D/D more than D/L

Was looking to create a strong Haku team for Zeus runs mainly just to have another option. As atlantaguy said, with the D/D Hera busty coming eventually, I'm leaning towards D/L Hades.

Really need to remind myself to stop with REM rolls for the time being. Still missing SoD Luci, Kirin, and Kushi, but I know I'd be better served to stone for refreshes, box expansions, and friend expansions.

Limit

Here's hoping for Ultimate Anubis. 100x for 100-combo, let's go!

In all honesty Robin pretty much has the leader skill that I envision Anubis Ultimate having assuming Gungho is interested in making him somewhat useful under normal circumstances. Instead of 8 let him trigger combo at 7 with 4x and then 2x increases in combo up to 10. Still hard but at least viable under normal conditions.

Genji

I got one earlier this morning too. I had just fully Awakened my Kirin, so that leaves three just sitting in my box.

I'm not sure what to do with that, at the moment, since I'm still building my Kirin team. I'll just hold onto them for now.

Gonna use your Kirin as much as I can once I get a team built for her also!

Trying to finish leveling up Hera so that I have a 2nd gravity for some attempts on Goemon on Legend difficulty in a couple of days.

chrono01

Gonna use your Kirin as much as I can once I get a team built for her also!
I'll try, to the best of ability, to have her leveled as much as I can by then. :)

Light XP isn't easy to come by, but thankfully I had a nice amount set aside for after I evolved her. It definitely gave me a great start on the road to max'ing out her level.

Oddly enough, out of all the REM pulls [PAL and Rare] I haven't gotten one Naga/Echidna. Not one! I really need her for my team, as well as a Siegfried/Chu [which I'll hopefully grab the next time Two Heroes comes around, I was just unable to do it this time]. Hopefully, with that team, and my Verche, I can manage a Valkyrie when her Decend comes up.

Lots of stuff to work towards, that's for sure!

Was looking to create a strong Haku team for Zeus runs mainly just to have another option. As atlantaguy said, with the D/D Hera busty coming eventually, I'm leaning towards D/L Hades.

Really need to remind myself to stop with REM rolls for the time being. Still missing SoD Luci, Kirin, and Kushi, but I know I'd be better served to stone for refreshes, box expansions, and friend expansions.

same..
but i want haku geez..

Genji

I'll try, to the best of ability, to have her leveled as much as I can by then. :)

Light XP isn't easy to come by, but thankfully I had a nice amount set aside for after I evolved her. It definitely gave me a great start on the road to max'ing out her level.

Oddly enough, out of all the REM pulls [PAL and Rare] I haven't gotten one Naga/Echidna. Not one! I really need her for my team, as well as a Siegfried/Chu [which I'll hopefully grab the next time Two Heroes comes around, I was just unable to do it this time]. Hopefully, with that team, and my Verche, I can manage a Valkyrie when her Decend comes up.

Lots of stuff to work towards, that's for sure!

Thanks, will try to get my Kirin leveled and ready also :)

Definitely a lot of the fun of the game for me is working towards building up a team and/or conquering a specific descend with as few stones as possible (ideally 0!).

For light XP, I've gotten used to just feeding off-color dragons and pengdra. Not efficient at all, but does speed up the process a lot. Really wish gold dragons came around more often.

Clydefrog

I've got 46 available Pal pulls but like 4 available monster slots (51/55). I have one magic stone, so expanding my monster box to accomodate all of these Pal pulls won't work right now. Looks like I'll be accumulating Pal pulls forever :lol

I've got 46 available Pal pulls but like 4 available monster slots (51/55). I have one magic stone, so expanding my monster box to accomodate all of these Pal pulls won't work right now. Looks like I'll be accumulating Pal pulls forever :lol

Box space expansion is in your future.

Colby

You can only hold up to 50 pulls. Better make room! Just go 10 at a time and fuse/sell off your trash.

Fuuuu!!!! Accidentally pulled up the damn iOS7 control panel mid-combo before I could match the hearts I needed to survive. 50 stam down the drain. Gonna turn that shit off in apps. It's happened a few times, but never caused me to fail a dungeon until now. Shouldn't have ignored it.

thetechkid

So I got a Mandrake now and working on getting it to Alraune now, what I'm wondering now is that with the news of an ultimate evolution should I awaken her when I can? I have a max awoken Siren that I use all of the time, and it would be nice to have more auto heal but I'm not sure on its usefulness.

meh i had 3.6m wood exp stored and poured them all on astaraoth..
decided to evo and pump her on!
now i've got to evolve hera-is...
anyway atm i'm pouring effort into

devil team
asta (full ev, 89)
hera-is (got 1.9m water exp stored, i just need the dub mythlit to evolve her)
hera (full evo at 79)
dj supposedly (full evo at 60, trying to max skill him)
???slot *sod luci if i drop one, or another counter archdevil or i could go with third gravity with hades
asta friend

monored
wd ares
pkh
red gigas --> goemon (grabbing him @ next descend)
echidna
horus --> hera ur (have her, need some level)
freyr

which of the following team should i favour then? (in terms of wasting drake exp, pengdra, etch)

valk team
valk that needs to be bustied
busty angelion
king shynee
echidna
siren--> i might switch siren for a second valk
valk friend

horus team
horus (need to pump level into him)
echidna
hera-is (have her)//zeus (next descended..)//parvati
hades//rk valk//hera-is (or orochi if i ever find one)
horus
horus team (got horus

ra team
ra
echidna
hera-is
chu culainn
valk//hades//filler slot (sieg? etc)
ra

kirin team
kirin
echidna
valk
verche
chu/sieg/apollo
kirin

granted i have other spike lead, like yamasachi&umisachi, okonimushi, isi, robin, etc... i have genbu too, but lest we get ffcd dungeon i'm not really coold without an echidna (if we have time mage.....it would be in sooo many teams... light element delayer? yes please!)

i wanted a byakko, but god was against it so that's that... guess i'll hope for another chines god feast in like 3-5 months...

J0dy77

Just pulled a Rainbow Keeper from the Pal Machine. Anyone have similar luck?

The chance to pull rare Evo mats is increased in the PAL REM during this part of the event. It's definitely good luck but not uncommon right now.

that last stretch from level 60 to 70, holy shit. i cant imagine what is leveling up gods to 99.

You get used to it. Use your same colored drops/feeder mobs until you stop getting full levels from a set of 5 (usually around 50) then start dumping pengdras and kings in 5 bunches. Big help is to have a lot of box space to hold a ton of pengdras so you can unload a ton of EXP on Thursdays.

Finally got around to maxing Vampire today and only have a few more levels on Neptune. Feels good!

Tobe

The chance to pull rare Evo mats is increased in the PAL REM during this part of the event. It's definitely good luck but not uncommon right now.

You get used to it. Use your same colored drops/feeder mobs until you stop getting full levels from a set of 5 (usually around 50) then start dumping pengdras and kings in 5 bunches. Big help is to have a lot of box space to hold a ton of pengdras so you can unload a ton of EXP on Thursdays.

Finally got around to maxing Vampire today and only have a few more levels on Neptune. Feels good!

this is basically what im doing right now, got a bunch of gold and water pengs ready for thursday.

chrono01

Thanks, will try to get my Kirin leveled and ready also :)

Definitely a lot of the fun of the game for me is working towards building up a team and/or conquering a specific descend with as few stones as possible (ideally 0!).

For light XP, I've gotten used to just feeding off-color dragons and pengdra. Not efficient at all, but does speed up the process a lot. Really wish gold dragons came around more often.
Sounds good!

I wish us both luck. >:)

daemissary

Fuuuu!!!! Accidentally pulled up the damn iOS7 control panel mid-combo before I could match the hearts I needed to survive. 50 stam down the drain. Gonna turn that shit off in apps. It's happened a few times, but never caused me to fail a dungeon until now. Shouldn't have ignored it.

Thanks for reminding me. I've had this happen once too and almost happen multiple other times but I always have forgotten to turn off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally managed to zero stone Zeus. Haku will definitely be getting some plus eggs. Also, I used Orochi for the first time ever, haha.

xCobalt

Not not a level 20 present egg but the one that turns into a snowglobe dragon. Not sure what color to make it.

You can't choose what you want. If you go to evolve it, you can tell which colour it will be based on the mythlit. The blue one is probably the most useful one. Between Siren, Hera-Is, Neptune and some other subs, you can clear a few end game dungeons with 0 risk.

J0dy77

this is basically what im doing right now, got a bunch of gold and water pengs ready for thursday.

The nice thing with this strategy is that you end up maxing or getting a lot of high level mobs all at the same time. Now that I finished vamp and have Neptune close. I've got Hera and Hermes not too far behind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monster name changes...

Some of these are just terrible.

Heroic Noble Wolf King, Cu Chulainn -> Noble Wolf King Hero, Cu Chulainn
Scarlet Stone Dragon, Vermilionite -> Scarlet Stone Dragon, Vermilionyt
Crimson Dragon God, Hino Kagutsuchi -> Red Dragon God, Hino Kagutsuchi
Flaming Serpent God, Hino Kagutsuchi -> Fire Serpent God, Hino Kagutsuchi
Scorching Claw Dragon, Flare Drall -> Scorched Claw Dragon, Flare Drall
Depraved Mountain God, Grand Tengu -> Twisted Mountain God, Grand Tengu
Gods of Fish&Game, Umisachi&Yamasachi -> Gods of Hunt, Umisachi&Yamasachi
Love Deity Feline of Harmony, Bastet -> Feline Deity of Harmony, Bastet
Hunting Deity of the Holy Bow, Artemis -> Hunt God of the Holy Bow, Artemis
Solar Deity of Heaven's Bow, Apollo -> Solar God of Heaven's Bow, Apollo
Hell Queen of Condemnation, Persephone -> Queen of Condemnation, Persephone
Elemental of Flame Commandment, Shaitan -> Elemental of Harsh Flame, Shaitan
Elemental of Benevolent Waters, Undine -> Elemental of Kind Waters, Undine
Elemental of Treasure's Glimmer, Genie -> Elemental of Gold Glimmer, Genie
Elemental of Death's Omen, Thanatos -> Elemental of True Death, Thanatos

will they give a stone reimbursemnt to the owner of this shit-named monster? :X

oh well i tried!
that being said..
gafteam please advice on my previous reply...
which team should i devote myself to?

Kreed

oh well i tried!
that being said..

I'd focus on Kirin first, then Horus, then Ra, then Valkyrie. You're using a lot of the same monsters on the four teams, so once you finish Kirin, you won't have much work to do on the other teams.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

oh well i tried!
that being said..

I farm with Valk ALMOST exclusively (for 1.5x), so she gets my vote. Since you don't have a Bastet, I would use a second Valk over a Siren. Siren's stats are pretty bad. But you also want to be flexible, so play with that spot based off of the dungeon you run.

Honestly, I think you should do this:

Kirin -> Valk -> Hera-Is -> Hades

My reasoning? Kirin wrecks just about every dungeon. Valk has amazing stats and is a great lead and a great sub. Hera-Is has some of the best stats in the game (her only weakness is that her main element is blue). D/L Hades because you already have a high leveled Hera.

For your Hera-Is/Hera/Hades, I would get Hera-Is to 90+, Hera to 90+, and finally Hades to 90+. D/L Hades has good stats with his good RCV, but Hera is a better sub for power. But that light sub on Hades is versatile. Hera-Is is SO important and good. I have 3, ha. She's just a high cost monster.

Ra is great, as is Horus. But I find that I haven't used my Horus in a while...Since Bastet got her busty, I prefer her over Horus. And Kirin is just SO good.

I farm with Valk ALMOST exclusively (for 1.5x), so she gets my vote. Since you don't have a Bastet, I would use a second Valk over a Siren. Siren's stats are pretty bad. But you also want to be flexible, so play with that spot based off of the dungeon you run.

Honestly, I think you should do this:

Kirin -> Valk -> Hera-Is -> Hades

My reasoning? Kirin wrecks just about every dungeon. Valk has amazing stats and is a great lead and a great sub. Hera-Is has some of the best stats in the game (her only weakness is that her main element is blue). D/L Hades because you already have a high leveled Hera.

For your Hera-Is/Hera/Hades, I would get Hera-Is to 90+, Hera to 90+, and finally Hades to 90+. D/L Hades has good stats with his good RCV, but Hera is a better sub for power. But that light sub on Hades is versatile. Hera-Is is SO important and good. I have 3, ha. She's just a high cost monster.

Ra is great, as is Horus. But I find that I haven't used my Horus in a while...Since Bastet got her busty, I prefer her over Horus. And Kirin is just SO good.

<3 nicoga and kreed!
i'll follow your advice!
kirin team i'm omw to you!!!!

my poor Ra. Havn't used him either. Now that my Haku and Valk teams are getting together, there isn't much use.

I also havn't farmed any of the harder descended, that could be why as well.

I still find myself using Shiva on my valk team for the increased HPs as well as nice awakenings.

Top Bottom