• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
<3 nicoga and kreed!
i'll follow your advice!
kirin team i'm omw to you!!!!

You won't be disappointed. The first two monsters I maxed were SoD Luci and Kirin. Kirin is just broken levels of good. Yes, she takes skill to use, but she's worth it. And you can get away with a pretty wide variety of subs for her. The obvious choices are Echidna and Hera-Is. The other 2 slots are commonly Valk, Verche, D/L Hades, Hera, Chu, or Sieg. This obviously fluctuates based off of the given dungeon, but never forget a good green to cover your elements (I switch between Valk/Bastet/GrOdin).

linsivvi

Yeah I don't have Kirin and even then I am using Haku more than Horus, since most of the hardest descend dungeons are white monsters anyway.

It will change when Horus gets its busty, but that'll be a while.

To everyone with the Japanese version,

Any teams that can take down the Twinlit dungeon that do not revolve around a Chinese God, Umi& Yumi, Horus or Bastet?

I find myself lacking all of these spike leaders (have Ra and Anubis for what it is worth) and the game refuses to give me any of them even during their godfests.

Since this dungeon appears to be the most important one yet (tamadra farming, evolving Zues, Hera and Vamp), I just want to see what options there are

atm of the "published" descended i have
0-stoned 2 heroes
0 stoned valk
0 stoned hera
0 stoned hera-is
1 stoned hera-ur
6 stoned athena
1 stoned take

missing goemon, zeus, zeus dios, satan
guess my descended are going well :p

ANYWAY!
god still loves my ass!
first run of blue dungeon!!!
BAM
tamadra
small dragon
king
king
high

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
atm of the "published" descended i have
0-stoned 2 heroes
0 stoned valk
0 stoned hera
0 stoned hera-is
1 stoned hera-ur
6 stoned athena
1 stoned take

missing goemon, zeus, zeus dios, satan
guess my descended are going well :p

Speaking Mythical here...Once you get your Kirin team done, Zeus will be pretty easy. Satan is also pretty easy. Once you get Satan you can 0-stone Athena without much of an issue. Goemon Mythical isn't super hard, but he's not easy. It's not him that's rough, it's every other floor. Zeus-Dios is still the hardest dungeon out (although Fagan is apparently rough).

ccbfan

Any teams that can take down the Twinlit dungeon that do not revolve around a Chinese God, Umi& Yumi, Horus or Bastet?

I find myself lacking all of these spike leaders (have Ra and Anubis for what it is worth) and the game refuses to give me any of them even during their godfests.

Since this dungeon appears to be the most important one yet (tamadra farming, evolving Zues, Hera and Vamp), I just want to see what options there are

That my problem in the US version (Only Spike leader is Anubis).

Gungho have done a terrific job in making the game non-REM accessible. Especially in the last few months. (Earlier I was stuck with only ADK team as a possible team since all other teams were only REM teams).

Starter Dragons being 2/4/2.
Valk being an achievable drop by adding Legend difficulty.
New Ult upgrades for Heartbreakers.
Way to handle high defence with Droid and Blue angry bird.
A ton of 3x/3.5x atk for classes.
Noels for 4/1/4.

We'll really only missing non-REM spike character and you can basically play this game without using a Rare roll once. Which IMO is the least effective way to use magic stones.

I really hope they add some Horus or Bastet like character with worse stats (They have to give people reason to REM) descend. Or hopefully in my case have an ult Anubis with a leader skill like 8x for 9 combo, 6x for 8 combo, 4x for 7, 2x for 6.

Ducarmel

You guys hyping Kirin over Horus are really making me feel sad. I was so excited when I got my first Horus the last Egyptian godfest and maxed in a week (through every enhance material i had at him) and gave him 80+ eggs and was ready to give him another 100 :(

I never got to use him on any descends.

I'm still working on a team that can 0-stone it; based off of the following recommended teams here:
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ツインリット降臨!/參考隊伍

There appear to be a few key strategies to take into account when tackling the dungeon:
1. Being EXACT with your math on Floor 1 to leave exactly one Mythlit alive. This will allow you to stall for skills. I've heard that you should manually target one Mythlit to increase your chances of success.
2. Don't fail the gear check on Floor 3, which consists of 13334 pre-emptive damage. If you weren't able to stall for skills on Floor 1 the Tamadra here is your second chance to do so.
3. Being able to off at least one of the Twinlits the first turn. This is why stalling for skills is so important. Beware that the one you leave alive will cast Lone Force the next turn.

I think I'm going to run the following:
Izanagi/Verche/Valk/Kirin/Bastet/Athena

Izanagi's 80% threshhold should actually help me to stall on the Twinlit floor, Bastet's job is to Spread Cats my way past floors 2-3, and everybody's Active skills are designed to let me one-shot the bosses.

Damn. Ended yesterday needing just 1 more skill-up for my Zeus. That's gonna bug me until I can max him out. I need to build an alternate farm team. Hardly anyone is using Luci anymore when Zeus is around. I wonder what most people are using to farm him. Seems like Haku is the preferred spike team against him, but I didn't see many Hakus being used on my friends list either. I actually saw a lot of Satans and D.Metas though (D.Meta still eludes me). Are there reliable Satan and D.Meta farm teams? I did pull a Okuninushi during Godfest, so that may be a good team to consider for next time.

So, I just counted my awoken monsters. I have 34 fully awoken monsters, only 2 of which I've fed TAMADRAs, GrOdin and BlOdin. If I ignore the 9 trophy Dragons which are easy to awaken, that's still 25 monsters that I've fully awaken through raising and feeding dupes. And I'm sitting on 7 TAMADRAs in my box, so I've gotten a total of 18 TAMADRAs since they were introduced. This reinforces my opinion that IAP players should only feed TAMADRAs to REM-only monsters. Even though it's a pain in the ass, it's way faster to awaken monsters via dupes than to rely on TAMADRA drops from dungeons and the Pal machine.

xCobalt

Damn. Ended yesterday needing just 1 more skill-up for my Zeus. That's gonna bug me until I can max him out. I need to build an alternate farm team. Hardly anyone is using Luci anymore when Zeus is around. I wonder what most people are using to farm him. Seems like Haku is the preferred spike team against him, but I didn't see many Hakus being used on my friends list either. I actually saw a lot of Satans and D.Metas though (D.Meta still eludes me). Are there reliable Satan and D.Meta farm teams? I did pull a Okuninushi during Godfest, so that may be a good team to consider for next time.

I ran with a satan team a few times yesterday but couldnt 0 stone it. My subs were Loki, Drawn Joker, Duke and Echidna. Some other common subs I see are King Baddie, Persephone and Gryps Rider. You definitely need to manage your board correctly while stalling against the masks. If you can do that, Zeus is no problem as you can one shot him provided you have enough Awakenings and orb changers. If I'm paired up with another fully awoken Satan, my team has an extra 80% dark damage when clearing a row

J0dy77

So, I just counted my awoken monsters. I have 34 fully awoken monsters, only 2 of which I've fed TAMADRAs, GrOdin and BlOdin. If I ignore the 9 trophy Dragons which are easy to awaken, that's still 25 monsters that I've fully awaken through raising and feeding dupes. And I'm sitting on 7 TAMADRAs in my box, so I've gotten a total of 18 TAMADRAs since they were introduced. This reinforces my opinion that IAP players should only feed TAMADRAs to REM-only monsters. Even though it's a pain in the ass, it's way faster to awaken monsters via dupes than to rely on TAMADRA drops from dungeons and the Pal machine.

Holy $h!t at the amount of experiencing/leveling/mats that must have taken to get that many awoken mobs. Very impressive.

I have a max Byakko if you ever need one just message me here or in game. I've got a couple eggs on her but not many. Still debating if I should dump all of my tamdras on her but I cant find scenarios where she beats running Horus/Kirin.

BlueSteel

Blew through a bunch of stones (most of which I got free) running celestial black dragon...

And no zaerog drops any of the times... (like 8 total)

Welp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You guys hyping Kirin over Horus are really making me feel sad. I was so excited when I got my first Horus the last Egyptian godfest and maxed in a week (through every enhance material i had at him) and gave him 80+ eggs and was ready to give him another 100 :(

Horus is still incredible, he just requires different subs. The old Horus team was Horus/Horus + Echidna/Orochi/Hades/Susano or Parv. The new monsters and awakening system has changed that some, but that second delay was useful for really hard hitting bosses and sub bosses.

Musan

I like running Zeus with Byakko, but I spent yesterday focusing on farming techs, since I farmed Zeus 2 weeks before. I'll have to run it again to skill up a second Zeus, so when he comes around, I'll run it more then.

Holy $h!t at the amount of experiencing/leveling/mats that must have taken to get that many awoken mobs. Very impressive.

I have a max Byakko if you ever need one just message me here or in game. I've got a couple eggs on her but not many. Still debating if I should dump all of my tamdras on her but I cant find scenarios where she beats running Horus/Kirin.
Thanks. Yeah. The most time consuming awakenings are the Heart Breakers. So many Mystic Masks and Dub-Mythlits.

Thanks for the Byakko offer. I still need to level her. Been sitting at Lvl.4 in my box since Kirin is the only Chinese god I actually use. But it seems Byakko makes some dungeons easier than Kirin due to her Dark focus which Kirin eschews.

Like Cosmo said, Horus' ultimate evo really improves him. He gets a Light sub, making team comp more flexible and the added 5x ATK for matching 5 colors is a huge boost while being able to fall back on the much easier to proc 4 color match if 5 aren't available on the board.

Ducarmel

Horus is still incredible, he just requires different subs. The old Horus team was Horus/Horus + Echidna/Orochi/Hades/Susano or Parv. The new monsters and awakening system has changed that some, but that second delay was useful for really hard hitting bosses and sub bosses.

Like Cosmo said, Horus' ultimate evo really improves him. He gets a Light sub, making team comp more flexible and the added 5x ATK for matching 5 colors is a huge boost while being able to fall back on the much easier to proc 4 color match if 5 aren't available on the board.

When the update does come I will probably visit him again, Horus getting a light sub att does work for me.

I am just a little down I could not build a team for him when I needed him. I got Kirin the last godfest on the first pull and it was unexpected I was just hoping to get something to complete a half decent Horus team.

I just feel like I wasted a decent amount of time on a team I wont use for a while since I got almost all of Kirins subs at decent levels, I already had the materials and already evolved her and got her to level 60 and by the next plant day I will max her out easily.

edi:eek:h and #firstworldPADproblems

Haku is pretty 'easy', its just stalling on the masks thats a total bitch. Wiped twice yesterday.

That being said, Haku is my go-to for higher level farming. Easy to activate and decent to stall with a max skilled Echidna. The ONLY problem I have is low RCV.

When the update does come I will probably visit him again, Horus getting a light sub att does work for me.

I am just a little down I could not build a team for him when I needed him. I got Kirin the last godfest on the first pull and it was unexpected I was just hoping to get something to complete a half decent Horus team.

I just feel like I wasted a decent amount of time on a team I wont use for a while since I got almost all of Kirins subs at decent levels, I already had the materials and already evolved her and got her to level 60 and by the next plant day I will max her out easily.

Even though I have both on my JP account I still use Horus more often because his activation requirements make me clench my butt a lot less and you don't need the extra firepower from Kirin to clear most Master and some Legendary difficulty dungeons.

StMeph

Don't forget that the upcoming Horus busty will help him match Kirin in terms of raw damage potential somewhat better than before.

Horus is absolutely still top-tier, and the upcoming ultimate evolution closes the gap between him and Kirin again, but I would say that Kirin is still superior, if just because the Active skill is better, and the overall team element is skewed toward Light, rather than Fire. Dark subs used to be desirable mostly for gravity, but Hera-Is changes that, and there aren't many dark-only subs that are highly useful and unique to the element.

If anything, it's really the necessity of including Echidna everywhere and how OP she is that causes the composition imbalance for Horus teams. 3/6 being main element Fire causes some issues in certain dungeons that Kirin will not face.

Horus is absolutely still top-tier, and the upcoming ultimate evolution closes the gap between him and Kirin again, but I would say that Kirin is still superior, if just because the Active skill is better, and the overall team element is skewed toward Light, rather than Fire. Dark subs used to be desirable mostly for gravity, but Hera-Is changes that, and there aren't many dark-only subs that are highly useful and unique to the element.

If anything, it's really the necessity of including Echidna everywhere and how OP she is that causes the composition imbalance for Horus teams. 3/6 being main element Fire causes some issues in certain dungeons that Kirin will not face.
When/ if time mage gets in won't he risk streaking the spot?
His active is just 2 instead of three turns delay, but he'll give access to light delayer and you might be able to pick another sub for red..
Though i agree that considering the raw dmg of spike team in One round, one more round delay for some stat is a fair tradeoff, but for tank team having a delayer....
I'd love a devil delayer.. One can only dream...

Nista

So what do you guys suggest for new and improved Horus subs these days? I want to get back to using him, in preparation for his upcoming bustitude.

Though is anyone still using Asty? She's vanished off my list for the past week or so, which makes me sad now that ol' pierdra is almost max skilled. Need more Devil love and less Valks and Bastets. ;)

His active is just 2 instead of three turns delay, but he'll give access to light delayer and you might be able to pick another sub for red..
Though i agree that considering the raw dmg of spike team in One round, one more round delay for some stat is a fair tradeoff, but for tank team having a delayer....
Time Mage can't be skilled up easily, and starts off at 14 CD, which is troublesome for spike teams since they have difficulty stalling.

Pacman2k

I'm pretty squarely in team Horus - maybe this is because I don't have a Kirin, but I'm really looking forward to his busty.

What are they going to do for Ra when this happens? Seems like there would be no reason to use him ever with Horus' ultimate.

I mean, technically Batman is already there.

A 3-turn delay is still way better than a 1- or 2-turn delay, though, because delays cannot be combined, and with spike teams, the goal is to delay enough so you never get hit, as guys like Zeus-Dios and Fagan will flat out kill you in one shot. That's why Viper Orochi is so good, even if his skill has a long-ass cool down.

That being said, however, I still like Horus a lot because, at least for me, he's a lot easier to proc than Kirin and Bastet. I can't wait to get his ultimate.

I did just pick up U&Y, though. I might give them a shot.

StMeph

Horus is really only set back by his Active, because it has negative synergy with his Leader skill. He also could use a little help with his Awakenings, but I can't imagine that changing wholesale.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what do you guys suggest for new and improved Horus subs these days? I want to get back to using him, in preparation for his upcoming bustitude.

Though is anyone still using Asty? She's vanished off my list for the past week or so, which makes me sad now that ol' pierdra is almost max skilled. Need more Devil love and less Valks and Bastets. ;)

Well Echidna is still a must have. Someone like Okuninushi would make up for Echidna with his delay, but it's not as potent. Kushinada has that 75% damage reduction, so she works well. The fish twins are OK for color coverage, but their active gets rid of fire orbs.

Kirin is probably the best Chinese god because of that gravity. The rest don't satisfy Horus without a lucky cascade.

As for new monsters with awakenings, I mean...It depends on the dungeon. So many monsters have good awakening abilities, it just depends on what you want to do. The best Horus team anymore is not a thing - lots of dual element monsters to increase damage would be the one thing you need to focus on.

With awakening, you may want to bring a bind resist. Poison block if you're worried about that. With newer monsters having a boatload of HP, you almost NEED that delay, so you can't really skip out on that no matter what you do.

Also, regarding Asty...I don't run her much unless I'm doing a dungeon like the fire dragon with gravity (Amon counter = win). My Asty and Ceres are both max level, so I'll run Asty/Luci or Asty/Asty + Hera-Is/DJ/Amon/??? when I'm in the mood to turtle a dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh yeah. So when he hits you for 99%, do you counter him back for 297% and insta-kill him? Or is your counter just for triple the actual amount?

Using Megalith dragon as an example with Amon counter:

HP is about 55k. 99% of that is 54,450. Amon counter = 3x = 163350 - 820 def = 162530 x2 weakness = 325060. So it doesn't kill him immediately (how sweet would that be), but it's pretty potent.

Can't wait for the Horus busty. I wonder when we're going to see stats for the different options. I hope it isn't too crazy of a difference.

On the topic of Ra, I don't really know what they could do to improve him. Maybe something like 3x for four elements and 6x for five? The issue is that 36x is a lot more than 25x so it's a high risk, high reward situation. Adding a forgiving multiplier for a smaller combo takes away a lot of that risk.

I didn't have time to farm Zeus yesterday but I would have been using Lucifer if I had. I tried Haku last time around and couldn't take out the chimeras in time, though I only tried once. I'm not sure when I'll get around to max skilling him, but given how my Hera's are going, it's going to be a painful task.

razterik

This reinforces my opinion that IAP players should only feed TAMADRAs to REM-only monsters. Even though it's a pain in the ass, it's way faster to awaken monsters via dupes than to rely on TAMADRA drops from dungeons and the Pal machine.

When you can farm and stone the Angelit/Devilit dungeon, I think this dynamic will change. 30% chance for Tamadra drop is way higher than anywhere else. And significantly faster/cheaper than raising dupes.

And done with Drawn Joker. Went 3/3 on skill ups with six(!) dropping in three runs. 2x drop rate says whut.

Can't wait for the Horus busty. I wonder when we're going to see stats for the different options. I hope it isn't too crazy of a difference. /QUOTE]
I don't know if it's just for the "real" busty or if they were referring to both but they've said that the new Horus will have "very unbalanced" stats. Who knows what that will actually mean.

Clydefrog

freed up some space and did all those 46 Pal pulls I mentioned yesterday. got a TAMADRA and a Mystic Mask. looks like the mask is just high-level evo material. i'll have to do some research as to what to do with this TAMADRA thing.

linsivvi

When you can farm and stone the Angelit/Devilit dungeon, I think this dynamic will change. 30% chance for Tamadra drop is way higher than anywhere else. And significantly faster/cheaper than raising dupes.

And done with Drawn Joker. Went 3/3 on skill ups with six(!) dropping in three runs. 2x drop rate says whut.

We do have 20% drop rate with Kouryu right now, and he's always available. But what's a viable farm team?

Can't wait for the Horus busty. I wonder when we're going to see stats for the different options. I hope it isn't too crazy of a difference.

On the topic of Ra, I don't really know what they could do to improve him. Maybe something like 3x for four elements and 6x for five? The issue is that 36x is a lot more than 25x so it's a high risk, high reward situation. Adding a forgiving multiplier for a smaller combo takes away a lot of that risk.

I didn't have time to farm Zeus yesterday but I would have been using Lucifer if I had. I tried Haku last time around and couldn't take out the chimeras in time, though I only tried once. I'm not sure when I'll get around to max skilling him, but given how my Hera's are going, it's going to be a painful task.
How about 8x for five colors, plus hearts/jammers/poison? And then bump Anubis to 20x for 20 combo, too, cause why not?

razterik

Kouryu takes more stamina to run for a lower drop chance. I think his dungeon is harder, although Twinlits probably takes more luck and more specific team builds.

suko_32

How about 8x for five colors, plus hearts/jammers/poison? And then bump Anubis to 20x for 20 combo, too, cause why not?

Nah for Anubis it should be 20x for 10 combo, but if you fail to get the 10 combo anytime during the dungeon, you lose both the dungeon and all of your stamina and PAL points!

J0dy77

Well that's annoying. Lol

vFMKgocl.jpg

That would be nice if there's a viable farm team for it. Celestial Black Dragon potentially negates the need to run Dragon and Pengdra dungeons, but no one outside of Japan has built a viable farm team for it. Same for Kouryu. Guaranteed Kirin feeder drop and 1 of Mythlit, Mystic Mask or TAMADRA? Hell yes! Just need a team that can consistently 0-stone it...

edit: I'm loving these multiple Super Jewel dungeons we're getting. I get around 45 runs in an uninterrupted hour. Theoretically, you can easily get in over 100 runs with 5 max skill/awoken ultimate Ogres of the same skill. But who has that?

Ducarmel

damn, just saw my first Sapphire Dragons dungeon and now its gone. those king dragons give CRAZY exp!

If you plan on playing this game a lot bookmark puzzledragonx.com / pad.wikia.com or install PadGuide to know the schedule of events so you don't miss them.

Did you reroll during godfest or did you keep Baal?

Clydefrog

If you plan on playing this game a lot bookmark puzzledragonx.com / pad.wikia.com or install PadGuide to know the schedule of events so you don't miss them.

Did you reroll during godfest or did you keep Baal?

thanks. i've been going to puzzledragonx.com to check monster stats. i'll check out the schedule too then.

yeah, I kept Baal. also got a God called Ame No Uzume but can't use them together due to team cost. game got tough around Tower of Flare so now I've been hitting up Technical Dungeons and just trying to level my monsters. cant really do much when the end monsters in Tower of Flare kill you in 1 shot

quin

There has been tons of talk about tamadoras lately so here is my opinion on the matter.

Tamadoras aren't nearly as important as leveling up and skilling up your monsters. Outside of a few key skills (such as jammers, bind, poison resist, etc.) They just don't make a huge game changing difference. I'm not saying they arent worth it, just that other things are much more beneficial to your success.

Also, twinlit descended and the fagan dungeon aren't very reliable places to nab a tamadora. They are both insanely difficult and require so much stamina.

For the twinlit dungeon I used Zeus, Echidina, Valkyrie, Verche, Amaterasu, Zeus.

It works somewhat well :p

Top Bottom