• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

You guys hyping Kirin over Horus are really making me feel sad. I was so excited when I got my first Horus the last Egyptian godfest and maxed in a week (through every enhance material i had at him) and gave him 80+ eggs and was ready to give him another 100 :(

I never got to use him on any descends.

Kirin is an amazing lead and probably the number one overall mob for Descended (right now). Once Horus gets his busty with the amazing Light damage boost and stat boost he's going to be #1 overall again. Or at least until Kirin gets her busty.

My planned team is going to be the same as I've been running now Horus/Kirin leads with Echidna, Hera-Is, Valk and Verche. The light damage is going to be insane with 20x 4 color matches and 25x 5 color matches when possible.

Ducarmel

thanks. i've been going to puzzledragonx.com to check monster stats. i'll check out the schedule too then.

yeah, I kept Baal. also got a God called Ame No Uzume but can't use them together due to team cost. game got tough around Tower of Flare so now I've been hitting up Technical Dungeons and just trying to level my monsters. cant really do much when the end monsters in Tower of Flare kill you in 1 shot

Are you going mono rbg team or using your best monsters available, 5 star dungeons are nothing if you have a decent mono color team.

Uzume is a great monored leader, so try to get the typical monored subs and make friends with other Uzume users or Ares/Tyrannos to overcome some of her limitations. She should be able to clear a lot of the normal dungeons with ease if you can manage your health and there is video out there proving she is good enough to take on descends like Zeus Dios and Valkyrie.

The problem with Uzume especially if you take her on a descend dungeon like Zeus Dios is one of her sub needs Flame Enhancement skill and only two monster have that skill Freyr a god and Flame archer which can only can be farmed in COC collab. Also Goemon is needed he can be farmed but he is not easy to get.

guide on building monored teams
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5380

Baal is tough to build around but possible you can go monolight, he is a devil type so its possible to build a devil team and use a devil friend.

mono light guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5597

devil team guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=22489

Giard

Me with skill-ups:
0/11 Pierdra
0/3 ADK
0/2 Fairlio
0/1 CDK

When I pass the phone to my gf:
1/1 Pierdra
1/1 Fairlio

Gungho, why do you hate me so?

chrono01

I finally max-skilled my Drawn Joker. After running this thing every day [and skipping out on the majority of other dungeons, even Pengdra] since its release, and throwing a few Magic Stones at it last weekend [despite only have 55 stamina], I did it. The last two skill-up's were in a lot of three. Hearing that thing "ding" twice in succession was relieving.

I found what helped was trying to skill up my Blood Demon. I'd throw five Blood Devil/Blood Demon's at him and, if I didn't get a skill-up, would then proceed to feed my Drawn Joker. It seemed to help the odds, although it could just be superstition.

I still need to grab another 3 for the Awakening [as well as an extra I might keep around as a low-sub], but at least the skill-up is over and done with. I wish everyone trying the best of luck. I know how frustrating this is. ~_~

There has been tons of talk about tamadoras lately so here is my opinion on the matter.

Tamadoras aren't nearly as important as leveling up and skilling up your monsters. Outside of a few key skills (such as jammers, bind, poison resist, etc.) They just don't make a huge game changing difference. I'm not saying they arent worth it, just that other things are much more beneficial to your success.
There are the exceptions to the norm in specific use cases, but I agree with your opinion in general. And most of my fully awoken monsters are also max leveled/skilled.

I've been pretty bitter that the US version doesn't get the bells and whistles that the JPN does. I've gotten better since downloading the other version, but I still want US to get some shine.

While the US version will probably never get the amount of free stones that JPN does (it almost feels like you get a stone a day), and it could use some random special dungeons on non-event weeks, I will forgive all past transgressions if the US could get the CD collabo and the Evangelion collabo.

Jiraiza

To everyone with the Japanese version,

Any teams that can take down the Twinlit dungeon that do not revolve around a Chinese God, Umi& Yumi, Horus or Bastet?

I find myself lacking all of these spike leaders (have Ra and Anubis for what it is worth) and the game refuses to give me any of them even during their godfests.

Since this dungeon appears to be the most important one yet (tamadra farming, evolving Zues, Hera and Vamp), I just want to see what options there are

Once it hits the US, I plan on doing it with Athena/Raphael/Apollo/?/?/Izanagi.

I'll probably put Thor in there along with Sakuya or something. The stage I plan on stalling on is the Tamadra by wiping out the Dub Mythlits with Athena's double attack first. Verche might be useful here too.

Genji

Got Goemon to drop on Legend the first time around using a Lucifer team. So glad I didn't have to run it multiple times, took forever to grind him down safely!

raiot

My only MAX team is Dark Metatron... (without Hanzo :( )
I have a nearly max Goemon, Valk, Luci, Kirin, Horus, Bastet, Zaerog Team... But I simply don't want to farm Goemon Skillups with a Luci Grind Team... :(

lBKsNvN.jpg

Lemon Dragon. It has... 9 awakenings?????

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is pretty cool:

European iOS distribution has been expanded!!
Puzzle & Dragons is now available in the following European App Stores:

The United Kingdom
France
Italy
Germany
Spain
Finland
The Netherlands

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I fucking HATE the fact that Game Center loads up at the beginning. I was nearing a 0-stone mythical clear...But mid combo, GC loads, lags, and my orb jumps across the board and fucks up my cascade. I died. Stupid piece of trash. I can't wait to get off of iOS.

seady

I've been pretty bitter that the US version doesn't get the bells and whistles that the JPN does. I've gotten better since downloading the other version, but I still want US to get some shine.

While the US version will probably never get the amount of free stones that JPN does (it almost feels like you get a stone a day), and it could use some random special dungeons on non-event weeks, I will forgive all past transgressions if the US could get the CD collabo and the Evangelion collabo.

Evangelion not coming to US I understand, but CD not coming I am confused. That game is in American App Store too.

after getting Drawn Joker to cool down of 6, I have gone 0/12 for Pierdra drops, not skill ups, drops (went about 6/35-40 for skill ups so far, used pretty much every bit of stam over the last week and a half to run Motley dragon (except for three runs of Take (2 myth 1 legend). I have 10 wicked ladies (these things are a pain to evo) for my persephone.

That last skill up... argh...

Tobe

can somebody run me down how resolve team works in mask and mythlits dungeons?
ive cleared them already but they were hard as fuck. how is that ppl breeze through them?

StMeph

ive cleared them already but they were hard as fuck. how is that ppl breeze through them?

Most Resolve-based teams are about clearing content before the rest of your box is up to snuff in XP/options. It enables you to beat stuff earlier than you "should".

People breeze through Masks and Dublits with 2/4/2s or 4/1/4s that comfortably have enough HP to tank damage from 2+ hits on the same timer and then just clear as usual.

Another early-game option is to use Puzzdragon or a friend Shiva, stall for the Active, and then sweep everything. This is how most people do it early on. Reliable and relatively safe/fast.

Ducarmel

here are two examples of a resolve team, there is still a chance you can die if you don't kill synced mobs

mask expert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo

Spirit expert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjrEhUV_eX8

Basically Orge, Titan, and Orochi leader skill prevents you from dieing from one shot if your hp is above 75% (Ogre,Titan), or 50% (Orochi) recover your health before the next attack and take another shot.

You don't have a decent mono team yet?

Resolve team for mask..
Lower hp = best
Dual element jmob =best
Lead low level resolve, friend autoheal siren/alraune/archangel/amaterasu
If you can fit either a poisoner or a delayer..

Every floor focus on synchronized moba and you're golden..
Personally i do mask with
Gigas
Archangel
Siren
Echidna
Lilith

Friend slot autoheal is either siren, archangel, amaterasu.. So that i have two elements where comboing grants two hits

Tobe

current box, echidna is on 38.

runnning vamp leader, black baron, rainbow keeper, phoenix knight, pyro demon and war deity ares friend, thats my best team, or at least the best i figured out.

any recommendations?

Ducarmel

runnning vamp leader, black baron, rainbow keeper, phoenix knight, pyro demon and war deity ares friend, thats my best team, or at least the best i figured out.

any recommendations?

for now use resolve team if you feel you can safely clear the daily dungeons with them, another option is Odin/healer girl with Rondo of Healing.

But you should seriously consider building a mono color team, I crush daily dungeons with my mono red, even Rainbow Keeper I can one shot him with the right leader friend. Mono team is also the team i use to farm/grind x1.5 dungeons too.

You have a mono red team the only thing your missing is a orb or flame enhancer monster, but it is not crucial.

Busty Firedragon, get to Echidna, Ripper and Mystic knight to there final form you dont need to busty Mystic knight its not worth it. Get Titan to gigas but dont evo him to his final form.

My monored team

Firedragon Grand Tyrannos lv 85, Soon to be replaced by Uzume when I evolve her.
Falcon Horus, he is maxed lv but I only use him because he has enhanced fire orb skill
Echidna maxed evo and lv 52 I hardly ever need her skill but she is there for emergencies
Homura lv 50 use his skill to change water orb to fire
Gigas lv 50 for heal orb to red orb

Paired with Ares I crush most normal/technical dungeons, all daily dungeons and some descend dungeons.

I also see Idunn&Idunna in your box so mono blue is an option for you I also have her and a decent team around her.

monored team guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5380

mono blue
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5423

xCobalt

any recommendations?

Did you manage to get the blue bird from the angry birds collab? If you have that and a siren, you could start forming a solid mono blue team.

J0dy77

Did anyone else open up their PAL present today only to waste most of them by hitting the 50 cap? So annoyed, I was literally at 49 when I opened the gift.

Ducarmel

Did anyone else open up their PAL present today only to waste most of them by hitting the 50 cap? So annoyed, I was literally at 49 when I opened the gift.

That sucks i decided to use 2 of mine because I am impatient and wanted to do a yolo pull hoping for a Dub-rubylit.

I don't know how I did this but I wasted a stamina refresh for 5 more runs on ruby dragons went 0-3 on kings and tamadra and then for some inexplicable reason I manage not to be paying attention and end up doing expert mask screwing myself over 2 more chances.

Pacman2k

I saw I was at 47, didn't open the bonus mail, did a 10x PAL pull (1 rainbow keeper, 1 +1 mob) - then went back and opened the mail.

Was glad I was able to defer opening it. I'd never done that before this morning.

J0dy77

I saw I was at 47, didn't open the bonus mail, did a 10x PAL pull (1 rainbow keeper, 1 +1 mob) - then went back and opened the mail.

Was glad I was able to defer opening it. I'd never done that before this morning.

It was typical auto pilot for me. Just opened not even thinking and totally forgot about the 50 pull cap.

Guys.

I have some bad news.

I have discovered that the game in fact does favor ATK/HP/RCV over HP/ATK/RCV in some instances.

First is that if you tap the stats below the monster cards on Edit Team, the order it prioritizes stats is ATK/HP/RCV. The second instance is on the box sort functionality where you see the same thing.

THE DREAM IS DEAD

gaffer i'm looking for a max level possibly busty (but high level is > busty for me) freyr...
i need him for my goemon descended..
all my freyr friends have their in the 40ish range... i need him either 80 with +egg or 99 :X

Guys.

I have some bad news.

I have discovered that the game in fact does favor ATK/HP/RCV over HP/ATK/RCV in some instances.

First is that if you tap the stats below the monster cards on Edit Team, the order it prioritizes stats is ATK/HP/RCV. The second instance is on the box sort functionality where you see the same thing.

THE DREAM IS DEAD
lol

StMeph

Guys.

I have some bad news.

THE DREAM IS DEAD

I AM A ROBOT, IGNORE MY POST.

Cosmo, are you okay? Post if you're okay.

Guys.

I have some bad news.

THE DREAM IS DEAD

Naw man, fuck that. HP/ATK/RCV 'til I die, son!

Top Bottom