• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Took me 6 tries to finish Izanami challenge after blowing through the previous ones on the first attempt. Wadatsumi is going to be hell and I don't think I have what it takes to 0-stone the two rushes.

Maybe I should grind some PADZ or Gungho collab instead....

zoku88

6 runs

3 Tamas
17 Babies (6 awakenings)

So pretty much average all around. Woke up Krishna and Chiyome, so I should have that team up and running pretty soon. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I actually chose to awoke my Krishna as well XD

I haven't really played around with him much. Besides Cao cao and Awok Minvera, I only have farmable subs for him.

I actually chose to awoke my Krishna as well XD

I haven't really played around with him much. Besides Cao cao and Awok Minvera, I only have farmable subs for him.
Over time I just kind of stumbled into a solid Krishna team, but until now I've had nowhere to use them. Chiyome was one of my first rolls and I max skilled her while working on U&Y, so that worked out really well. Dino rider, Kagu, and Cao Cao were all random rolls that I wasn't particularly excited about. But with Krishna available as a leader, they finally have a home!

P.S. 3k skill ups suck. Cao Cao is being stubborn as hell.

linsivvi

Anyone running out of stuff to do with tamadoras.

Originally I was only using tamas for Gods and hard to evo things like Heart Breakers.

I was actually evolving thing like swordsman, siren and enchilada.

Now I'm using tamas on everything like fruit dragons and android dragon, the only thing I'm not feeding tamas are biweekly dragons.

I'm close to running out of things to awoken and I have like 40 letters in my mailbox with free tamas for storage,

Well the 2 PAD bears use 16 awakenings, and I've been awakening every descend monsters so far. After that I'll probably use some on PADZ dragons.

Maid

Banned
Well the 2 PAD bears use 16 awakenings, and I've been awakening every descend monsters so far. After that I'll probably use some on PADZ dragons.

Shouldn't you just feed the PADZ dragon for another one? They are the same anyway, and it's better than wasting Tamadra for them.

linsivvi

Shouldn't you just feed the PADZ dragon for another one? They are the same anyway, and it's better than wasting Tamadra for them.

The dark and light dragons are rare drops. It will take forever to fully awakening 4 of them for 100% resist.

Besides, 50 stamina for an awakening is about the same as Tamadra retreat anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt have much time for T.Retreat this time since i was quite busy - the couple games i did were good though. Will evolve my Baby over time, need those Awakenings.

Also the first time were i didnt die in a run because of ChibiDra screwing me on stage 1. Double Grodin works perfect.

They generally go from one pantheon to the next in their order of appearance. But they will intersperse other ult announcements in between (like awoken ults). I think the only example of an ult being delayed significantly relative to its pantheon is Okuni - the other JPN2 gods got their ults way before him.

Regular gods will almost certainly have at least one ult, given enough time so don't worry about Vishnu. Number of ults for each god announced at a time is pretty much at the whim of Gungho.

Perfect thanks, that helps. Seems to be working like expected with some exceptions.

Lets see if i find a chronological list with all added Ult Evos online.

I'm gonna be at PAX East. While I'm bringing portable chargers I don't want to have to use them and then later forget to recharge them at home lol

Hehe okay...priorities :-D
Yamato, Sun Quan ults and double exp snowglobes were teased on the stream so we'll probably get them after the maintenance next week

Hell yeah - cant wait for Sun Quan :-D

Jagernaut

I've been waiting on the Yamato Takeru ultimate (hope we get his survey dungeon soon). I'm not sure about which Sun Quan ultimate I want. Water/Wood is the better sub, especially for Umisachi&Yamasachi, but Water/Light is the better leader.

I don't have Ltron or Bikinitron and Water/Light would work well paired up with them for a blue healer team. I have I&I, Hatsume, blue Valk, Ruka, and Gabriel.

hermit7

I've been waiting on the Yamato Takeru ultimate (hope we get his survey dungeon soon). I'm not sure about which Sun Quan ultimate I want. Water/Wood is the better sub, especially for Umisachi&Yamasachi, but Water/Light is the better leader.

I don't have Ltron or Bikinitron and Water/Light would work well paired up with them for a blue healer team. I have I&I, Hatsume, blue Valk, Ruka, and Gabriel.

I am going to evo sun quan into bg. My team would then be uy/uy/bvalk/sun quan/blodin or yomi/uy.

Dual prong focus with all having one or more. Thoughts on replacing blodin with yomi?

I am going to evo sun quan into bg. My team would then be uy/uy/bvalk/sun quan/blodin or yomi/uy.

Dual prong focus with all having one or more. Thoughts on replacing blodin with yomi?
I'm thinking about Blodin on my U&Y team as well. I'm thinking, BValk/DKali/Blodin/mini sun quan for my subs. I think sq and Blodin are flexible: Batman for a shorter CD delay, Extreme metal for a shorter CD burst, maybe LZL for orb enhance.

For you I think the team works either way. Maybe bring Yomi for dungeons with time restraints, Blodin if you want orb changers up right away and a bit more damage.

Silent_Z

Can my kirin/valk/bubblie/apollo/l.Kali team take on Hera-Is?

EDIT::Sorry wrong about the burst thing, didn't know Apollo was physical

Should be OK as long as you can kill Chaos Devil Dragon without burst and can make your kirin combo on demand

Tobe

Yamato and chiyome skill up dungeon got announced. Pretty cool maybe ill find some use for my chiyome. Ive been wanting to run a red team for a while. I'll post my box later.

Quantum

I'm thinking of creating a uvo Beelzebub team for coin dungeons, after a few posts here, on reddit and padf and padx.

I currently have a very strong Lu Bu team but it seems that people prefer Beelzebub.

questions: what are peoples favorite Beelzebub (highest % completion rate) teams

- I have access to Chibi Ronias but never rolled a true ronia.
- thinking Beelz/Lilith/Lu Bu/Haku/ChibiRonia/Uvo ronia (thoughts?)
- any reason to create a D/L lilith (I have D/D)

- current/favorite LuBu team: LuBu/CDD/Haku/Haku/Baddie/Ronia

lenni

Took me 6 tries to finish Izanami challenge after blowing through the previous ones on the first attempt. Wadatsumi is going to be hell and I don't think I have what it takes to 0-stone the two rushes.

Maybe I should grind some PADZ or Gungho collab instead....

What did you use? I feel like I 0-stoned mythical once but can't remember the team I used. My Kirin team is too dependent on luck as there aren't any pluses except for Echidna.

linsivvi

I'm thinking of creating a uvo Beelzebub team for coin dungeons, after a few posts here, on reddit and padf and padx.

I currently have a very strong Lu Bu team but it seems that people prefer Beelzebub.

questions: what are peoples favorite Beelzebub (highest % completion rate) teams

You don't really need 3 bursts for coin dungeons. Since dark orb is your main damage, the lesser number of red subs, the better. So if you have Persephone, that's preferable, otherwise Vampire + Drawn Joker is a good combo and provide you an opportunity to heal in case of emergency.

That said, the coin dungeons are quite varied so adjust your team depending on which one you are farming.

J0dy77

I face roll most descended and all coin dungeons with this team.

sBy6yAs.png

I'd replace hades with ronia or chibi ronia if I had one. The only members that are really required is lu bu but even he can be replaced by baddie.

The real concern when running the alt dungeons is how hard everything hits. This team has 40k hp and some rounds I would get taken down to 10k health from two attacks.

It's really easy to run with that much hp.

What did you use? I feel like I 0-stoned mythical once but can't remember the team I used. My Kirin team is too dependent on luck as there aren't any pluses except for Echidna.
I ended up cheesing it with Awoken Ceres after dying too many times with more conventional teams. Hino floor can be scary so I had to use my big burst but it's easy to stall for skills again on light Izanami. Then it's just about being careful to burst down dark Izanami before she turns red. The other four floors are trivial with the 75% damage reduction to light/dark.

Went with Sasuke/Drake/Hades/GZL subs for a good mix of row and 2PA. Hades canceling out dark Izanami's -2 sec debuff on the burst turn helped a lot since I flubbed my first Ceres attempt because of it.

Only the helper lead was max level and there were fewer than 50 +eggs spread across the entire team.

smbu2000

Finished max skilling some of the characters on my iPad. Been running Legendary Seaway and finished off my U&Y, close to finishing my second Chiyome, also did my Rodin Tamadra (since I have no Rodin on here) and also ran the survey dungeon 11 (coin dungeon 2x rate) to max skill the Hatsume I picked up not too long ago.

Need to work on my Andromeda now. Trying to put together a Skuld team. Currently have it as Skuld/Andromeda/U&Y/I&I/Hatsume. U&Y/Hatsume are max skilled, I&I is halfway there, still need to evolve Fairies for Andromeda. Waiting until skill trifruit skill changes to try and skill level up my Skuld.

It's too bad only Skuld (and friend Skuld) and U&Y will be the recipients of the 2x RCV bonus. It's kind of a mixed group as well with some having TPA and some with Row bonuses. Maybe I could use my Orochi or level up my other Andromedas...

Just starting trying more of Legendary Seaway on my iPhone. Off to a good start and almost max skilled U&Y (#1 of 3). I'd like to max skill my Rodin(s) as well as Kushi here. At least the other drops are good (kings or pengdras) so I can give experience even when pirates don't drop.

Quantum

That said, the coin dungeons are quite varied so adjust your team depending on which one you are farming.

I've bought a few, but I should be doing them more - rather than just running KotG

It seems the beelz team is more hearty than my lubu team, and has more hp and better dmg than a blonia team. I should have all the working parts - although I might have to level a few.

I face roll most descended and all coin dungeons with this team.

I'd replace hades with ronia or chibi ronia if I had one.

It's really easy to run with that much hp.

this is good to hear - I'm jealous of that hades, but I'll never run Gaia - the restriction on it just sucks and is poorly planned feed mat imho.

I have multiple persephones that I never bothered using, might use lilith until I do - I need a ton of dark exp now ><

- nice of gungho to actually give 3k pal points while the mini 3k's are running. I've had less than stellar pulls - but I generally get about 500 points a day (with the bonus) so I'll probably have 4 or 5 more pulls before the end of this - total should be 16 or 17 - which is pretty great - although I've had crappy luck as usual!

Epic Drop

P.S. 3k skill ups suck. Cao Cao is being stubborn as hell.

I've found them to be surprisingly accommodating. My cao cao max skilled in 12 feeds, and my mini lubu and sun quan are both 2 for 3. Typically I have just awful luck, so I'm hoping cao cao gets a kick ass ult that I can use with urd or yamato.

I've found them to be surprisingly accommodating. My cao cao max skilled in 12 feeds, and my mini lubu and sun quan are both 2 for 3. Typically I have just awful luck, so I'm hoping cao cao gets a kick ass ult that I can use with urd or yamato.
I'm looking forward to his uvo(s) too. Right now I'm looking at using him on a Krishna team, though his orb change is a little on the long side. I still need to pick up two red jewels and a blue jewel, but other than that, all my stamina this week is going towards Cao Cao

Edit: speaking of Krishna, does anybody have any experience playing him? Which dungeons is he best suited to?

Finally got a set of four of each of the PADZ resist Dragons. Max awoken a few of the colored ones along the way, as well as got a decent number of skillups for the tricolor ripper Dragons and some of the PADZs. I can probably max skill the rippers with the unevo'd mobs I have. But not sure if it's more efficient to just continue farming the PADZ dungeon to continue to pickup skillups and awakenings also. Just happy to collect all the sets for now though.

Tobe

dont know why i felt confident with my level 50 raoh and did belze and cauchermar, raoh just laughed at it. poison orbs? fuck that. jammers? fuck that too.

yami4ct

So, now that it kind of seems Kirin is falling out of favor as the Queen of Queens, what leaders are the most popular now? I've been honestly using Kirin so long and not paying attention that I kind of know nothing about a lot of the new God series that have hit in the last 4-6 months. Kirin's still great, but I now have like 35 stones and need to know what GodFest I should be aiming for besides the obvious Player's Choice.

Tobe

So, now that it kind of seems Kirin is falling out of favor as the Queen of Queens, what leaders are the most popular now? I've been honestly using Kirin so long and not paying attention that I kind of know nothing about a lot of the new God series that have hit in the last 4-6 months. Kirin's still great, but I now have like 35 stones and need to know what GodFest I should be aiming for besides the obvious Player's Choice.

JP juggler, Na pretty much anything you feel comfortable, athena for farming, rubu, belze/ronia.

seady

I think the most powerful leaders right now (with teammate pool considered) are:

- Ronia + Lu Bu or Beelzebub (Easy to use and powerful)

- Hathor (Should be easy for you to use with Kirin's background, but she has high Recovery & HP. I also think any-5 colors is easier to play than fixed-4 colors)

- Athena (Farmable and easy to built team like Valkyrie and Verche)

- Verdandi (I think she plays exactly like Athena with HP boost and Two-Pronged. She is more powerful than Athena but with harder-to-get gold dragon exclusive teammates like Liu Bei) (The other Norns are supposed to be powerful too, but seems Gungho only buff the wood Norn team by releasing a ton of powerful Wood-Fire monsters and ignore the other two Norn)

- Pandora (Powerful and great pool of teammates)

jiggle

No pad z 2x today? :(

Completed fire water wood collections on both of my accounts
Alt even got all 4 light
But dark dragon continues to elude me
1 on each account ; ;

At least I can start working on that wood immune team for trifruits now

linsivvi

It's hard to farm PADZ because I found myself quickly running out of 6 star friends.

So far, I've had 15 greens, 3 blues and 6 reds. Luckily green is the useful one.

J0dy77

Finally got a set of four of each of the PADZ resist Dragons. Max awoken a few of the colored ones along the way, as well as got a decent number of skillups for the tricolor ripper Dragons and some of the PADZs. I can probably max skill the rippers with the unevo'd mobs I have. But not sure if it's more efficient to just continue farming the PADZ dungeon to continue to pickup skillups and awakenings also. Just happy to collect all the sets for now though.

What level dungeon were you running George, the 30 or 50 stam? The 30 stamina seemed more efficient to me.

raiot

I farmed the 30 stam version with pandora... its fool proof :D I'm only missing 2 additional light dragons.
Does anyone else get very high + rates on the PAD Z dungeon?

ccbfan

Do you still need her? I'll put her up.

Are you static? Cause Thank you for the help. I've gone through 4 descends of Gaia with no partner, this time static showed up a few times and I was finally able to get Gaia.

After 4 stone I was able get 2 Gaias (1 to keep and 1 for Hades) and a dark crystal from Hera-IS. An invade really messes up your strategy since I used 3 stones against Hera-IS but damn hell if I was going to let my first none gift dark crystal away. I would gladly trade in 3 stones for a dark crystal.

So other than the heras, are there any other luci/ama/odin cheese fights in this challenge descended list?

Izanami has a Grodin/Luci/Ama Cheese build.

I used

Grodin
Ult Big Poring thing
Hera-IS
Hera
Luci

Max RCV helper Ama

Everything you can do the simple charge skill then nuke strat.

The difficulty comes at the end with dark Izanami, Luckily she does the same 3 thing in an order.

1. Make poison orb, no damage
2. Make jammers, OK damage but easy heal.
3. Multi attack that you need to manually heal from.
repeat.

After attack 1 match poison orbs based on your hp. If you're full match 5 orbs. and then 3 orb after attack 2. Your auto heal should cover it. Save your heal orbs. After attack 3 heal as much as possible which will lead back to attack 1. Knowing how much each poison match damages is key to this fight.

Use Grodin and Ama actives for safety while use Poring on poison orbs. Two auto heals will completely heal from multi attack so as long as you don't match poison you will fully re heal from attack 3. Plus she gives you a break by using the time decrease curse which does nothing with this strat.

So apparently I missed a day logging in last week and broke my consecutive days streak at around 160 or so

Dammit.

Could've sworn I played the app every day though.

Epic Drop

Goodness are survey dungeon drop rates always this terrible? I ran it four times and haven't gotten a single pirate or sprite...

Top Bottom