• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

pix

So I rolled twice on my non IAP account hoping to get a valk and I get Archangel Lucifer and I&I. The hell?!

Quantum

I think you have a really strange way of looking at the game. You're not spending a grand to keep everyone else playing and you don't get any special rights or expectations just because you do pay. Paying is and has always been a way to do and get things faster in the game. To see yourself as special and keeping the game running for non-IAP players is a bit rich.

That's not to say you can't complain and get angry.

I thought it might come across that way - I certainly don't mean to imply that I am anything other than a player that has invested a great deal of money and time into the game.

I AM implying that my perception is skewed because I spent a lot of money. It is easier to say to yourself - the lack of communication from Gungho is acceptable because they are providing the game to me free of charge. After you spend money the perception changes.

If you pay a monthly fee to a MMORPG and the service is down for an extended time people go bat-shit crazy if they can't access their game. I had recently switched to IOS, but do you feel that someone who has spend money - regardless of the amount is deserved of not being able to access the game because of the version of the application - without clear communication when a fix will be in place.

as for supporting other players, I don't think I would be playing if there wasn't a strong community and I would argue that the free players are actually the ones who have kept MY interest in the game. Without the desire to finish the game without paying I don't think a lot of the non-iap teams I've read about would be described.

it is true that the non-iap players ARE supported by the investment of "whale" category players and that one 0.15 PERCENT of players represent 50% of the revenue - you better believe that gungho looks at the category differently.

the reason I posted they way I did was certainly in response to gungho's shitty policy of poor communication and the throttling of new features to try to maximize revenue AND your response which seems to (in my opinion) point more of a finger at the players response instead of the insane policy gungho appears to have with communication.

for reference - your post states "Jeez, everyone is getting their panties in a twist. I'm sure gungho will province compensation- take a deep breath. It will be OK!"

at the risk of sounding redundant - your dismissal of the way players are acting is skewed by your investment in the game. I did not perceive the situation the same way that you have - nor am I as confidant that gungho will make everything better if there are not complaints from the people who are paying.

TLDR money talks from a corporate standpoint, my posts are unintelligible at times and I apologize for offending.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt really found you post offending Quantum, also agree with your standpoint. Gung-Ho deserves to be criticizes for the way they are handling this essential update compared to other regions, as well as the lack of communication.

F2P or not this isnt a reason to let everything slide, if you are invested in the game ( time or money wise) you probably also want it to perform well - and feature parity with at least the EU version should be expected.

btw. desire Sesnor is working - no Sapphilit are dropping for me, uh oh xD

saichi

Trying to build a team with my new Nephthys. Here's what I'm aiming for:

-Nephthys
Grape Dragon
D/L Yomi
Vampire
???
-Nephthys

For the vampire, I'm not sure if I should use the Blue/Dark or Dark/Blue version. Blue/Dark has better stats, but I feel like Blue/Dark loses a lot of damage since Dark is the subcolor. What would you guys recommend?

Also I'm not sure what to use in that last slot. I don't really have a lot of good subs. Maybe Hera, D/L Anubis or Blue Odin?

Thanks.

are we friends? I want Neph friends

colinp

Banned
I thought it might come across that way - I certainly don't mean to imply that I am anything other than a player that has invested a great deal of money and time into the game.

I AM implying that my perception is skewed because I spent a lot of money. It is easier to say to yourself - the lack of communication from Gungho is acceptable because they are providing the game to me free of charge. After you spend money the perception changes.

If you pay a monthly fee to a MMORPG and the service is down for an extended time people go bat-shit crazy if they can't access their game. I had recently switched to IOS, but do you feel that someone who has spend money - regardless of the amount is deserved of not being able to access the game because of the version of the application - without clear communication when a fix will be in place.

as for supporting other players, I don't think I would be playing if there wasn't a strong community and I would argue that the free players are actually the ones who have kept MY interest in the game. Without the desire to finish the game without paying I don't think a lot of the non-iap teams I've read about would be described.

it is true that the non-iap players ARE supported by the investment of "whale" category players and that one 0.15 PERCENT of players represent 50% of the revenue - you better believe that gungho looks at the category differently.

the reason I posted they way I did was certainly in response to gungho's shitty policy of poor communication and the throttling of new features to try to maximize revenue AND your response which seems to (in my opinion) point more of a finger at the players response instead of the insane policy gungho appears to have with communication.

for reference - your post states "Jeez, everyone is getting their panties in a twist. I'm sure gungho will province compensation- take a deep breath. It will be OK!"

at the risk of sounding redundant - your dismissal of the way players are acting is skewed by your investment in the game. I did not perceive the situation the same way that you have - nor am I as confidant that gungho will make everything better if there are not complaints from the people who are paying.

TLDR money talks from a corporate standpoint, my posts are unintelligible at times and I apologize for offending.

Haha, I'm not offended by your posts don't worry! And my 'Province' post shows that I can be pretty unitelligible, too. ;)

You're right that my spending $11 in total on the game probably skews my perception, but honestly I have the same reaction when I see people get their panties in a twist over Bungie and Destiny (which is a game I have invested more money and time into, though obviously not in the thousands of dollars). Part of this is just my personality: I don't get very heated about gaming.

Of course Gung-ho loves whales. But I don't think whales should feel extra special or get special treatment just because they are whales. The game is setup to be an even playing field with shortcuts that will speed you along if you pay, but if you don't you can still do everything it just takes longer.

I always love your posts Quantum. Your experience and take is soooooo different from mine, and watching you repeatedly break your vows to not buy stones and then buy stones and then get angry at the game and then have something happen that makes it all better... Haha, it helps keep me from falling down the pay trap. ;)

But that's just it. You take it soooooo seriously. I've always been the strange one in this thread. I don't take it seriously at all!

Quantum

Haha, I'm not offended by your posts don't worry! And my 'Province' post shows that I can be pretty unitelligible, too. ;)

You're right that my spending $11 in total on the game probably skews my perception, but honestly I have the same reaction when I see people get their panties in a twist over Bungie and Destiny (which is a game I have invested more money and time into, though obviously not in the thousands of dollars). Part of this is just my personality: I don't get very heated about gaming.

Of course Gung-ho loves whales. But I don't think whales should feel extra special or get special treatment just because they are whales. The game is setup to be an even playing field with shortcuts that will speed you along if you pay, but if you don't you can still do everything it just takes longer.

I always love your posts Quantum. Your experience and take is soooooo different from mine, and watching you repeatedly break your vows to not buy stones and then buy stones and then get angry at the game and then have something happen that makes it all better... Haha, it helps keep me from falling down the pay trap. ;)

But that's just it. You take it soooooo seriously. I've always been the strange one in this thread. I don't take it seriously at all!

- I could never get into Destiny, I didn't get past the moon ^^
- I do take things (everything) too seriously - which is why man created bourbon.

- I just YOLO'd nim - everything is better... I'm so damned transparent lol

Whitelines

Neo Member
I hate failing a descend because of my dumbness.

arrive at valk, use ronia, use shiva, use corpse zombie, do my rows and relax..
Doesn't die?!
Forgot to use LuBu skill...

colinp

Banned
- I could never get into Destiny, I didn't get past the moon ^^
- I do take things (everything) too seriously - which is why man created bourbon.

- I just YOLO'd nim - everything is better... I'm so damned transparent lol

Ahahaha, that's exactly why I love ya Quantum!

cw_sasuke

Doesn't die?!

Oh that sucks man -.-

Happened a couple times to me as well -- missing GZL actives or using Athenas actives before i having used my orb changer.

Doesn't die?!
Ugh I do this entirely too often on KotG. I forget to pop Shynee and die. It seems to happen most often when a +egg dropped or I have a strict stamina schedule because of urgent dungeons. It never fails to ruin my mood.

smbu2000

Yes, finally finished off my LKali and got her up to 297. My HP plus eggs were definitely lagging behind the others and it took me forever to get the last ones I needed. My current LKali team uses all 3 of my hyper characters (LKali, Vegeta and LMeta).

IMG_4689lkalimax_zps6ujrnuay.jpg

Now to continue working on Vegeto. I'm currently at almost 100 with him, but it will take some time as my balance is way off. He's currently at RCV: 44, ATK: 46 and HP: 8... hahaha

Also started using Pandora a bit on my iPad. I can run the Thursday and Friday dungeons pretty easily with my team. Currently as Pandora/DMeta/Haku/Hanzo/Hanzo (Pandora Friend). It's much easier to attack than having to worry about getting my HP below 80% like with my DMeta team. DMeta, Haku and both Hanzos are max skilled now. Pandora is still a recent addition, so she is only max levelled/uevo'd.
I just finished running survey dungeon 7 (now as in the coin dungeon) a lot to max skill my second Hanzo. I might be able to use my Ronia in there as well. Now I can focus on getting those last 22 plus eggs I need to 297 Haku.

Still thinking about who to go for next. I was thinking about Cell, but Pandora is nice as well. Probably Cell as I can use him in either a devil team or dragon team (his leader skill is 3.5x attack for devil/dragon types), I can use him with a Vegeto friend as well which is nice. (17.5x attack with a dragon team, not including TPA bonuses)

Doesn't die?!
Yeah, that tends to happen. On Thursday I pulled off a nice setup with Haku/Vegeta and I was wondering why I didn't take out all of the trifruits...Oh, forgot to use GZL's skill. Luckily they don't attack until the second turn.

It's even worse when you take the wrong team into the dungeon...

FZZ

Banned
Lol so I rolled in the carnival because I wanted a BValk and I ended up getting a Horus.

I finished collecting the Egyptian 1 series at least. And I can also make an Awoken Horus team too, just need to clear Thoth & Sopdet...

Do you guys think my team of Beelz, Red Sonia, D/L Lillith, Lu Bu, and King Devitama could clear it? (Had to have Devitama cause the cost is high already with Sonia and Beelz).

Everyone except for Lu Bu is max leveled, Lu Bu is at 59 I think. Everyone is also max awoken (I need 1 more awakening for Beelz but a poison jammer won't help much I think), but not max skilled.

Quantum

...I've been playing this game for years and still don't have a +297.

The shame. :<

I only have one - I've played so many different teams and like trying so many different styles of play it has never been a priority too me - I wish I had more team slots than just 9.

although a team of hypermax would be awesome, being able to play using different leaders and playstyle trumps it in my mind.

tr4656

Not for each one tho right? You get a stone for completing the first dungeon, and you get 1 more once you complete the rest.

I've been playing for around 200 days and don't have a +297 either...I haven't really focused on getting plus eggs.
Yep. Might as well run it since there's not much else to run.
I only have one - I've played so many different teams and like trying so many different styles of play it has never been a priority too me - I wish I had more team slots than just 9.

although a team of hypermax would be awesome, being able to play using different leaders and playstyle trumps it in my mind.

You end up always wanting more team slots. I have 10, wish I had 15.

linsivvi

Yeah they are not that terrible as long as you can reliably 0 stone them. After all you do get drops from the descends and a super gold is still better than 4 high + 1 king which is the worst (but common) result from running the revenge dungeons.

J0dy77

Doesn't die?!

I did the exact same thing, luckily I didn't wipe. I was able to tank heal her for awhile and make it through.

I made another bonehead blunder forgetting how to run Athena and didn't have any heal orbs after ChuChu cut my health.

Jagernaut

The Descend Challenges are different from the normal challenge dungeons, you do get a stone for each dungeon so they are all worth completing.

I'm at 808 days, 201 stamina and only have 1 +297 (Ronia). I only started plus hunting when Ruins of the Star Vault started, never put any effort into it before.

The Descend Challenges are different from the normal challenge dungeons, you do get a stone for each dungeon so they are all worth completing.
Everything I've read says that you get one for Two Heroes, since its the only Normal dungeon of the bunch. But you only get another stone if you beat all the others, not one each.

linsivvi

I'm at 808 days, 201 stamina and only have 1 +297 (Ronia). I only started plus hunting when Ruins of the Star Vault started, never put any effort into it before.

Nah you don't. I've beaten 4 dungeons already. Atlantaguy is right.

razterik

Oh Kagutsuchi, why you shine so bright~

Got all light/dark in the start, so I cruised to floor 3. Seriously glad I put Piis into max skilling Kagu. Had to pop him on Wangren, Threedia, and the fatass metal. Zaerog oneshot with Ronia, Hera-Ur and Freyr.

Maybe I should make Freyr my next plus egg target, he's so good on these teams, but he usually gets squeezed out first for more orb changing.

Do es anybody have a hyper max panda? Need it for zeus dios.

Pretty sure I got you, will put mine up.

coy

...I've been playing this game for years and still don't have a +297.

The shame. :<
I just got back into this after half a year thanks to Destiny and fed my +297 Bastet to Hathor after pulling last godfest (had a spare Bastet). Also have another +297 in carbuncles waiting to go with a 3rd halfway done. My gf who is still a daily player does not have a +297. Her +egg distribution is all over the place.

My +egg distribution is a bit of an embarrassing mess too.

Gonna try farming normal dungeons over the weekend to take advantage of 3x normals in JP, heard it's pretty lucrative. After I kill Yamato Challenge Kaguya, anyways...

Tobe

Ty cleared it costed 3 stones on stupid mistakes ughi hate this dungeon. Really need to max skill my ronias asap.

razterik

Gonna try farming normal dungeons over the weekend to take advantage of 3x normals in JP, heard it's pretty lucrative. After I kill Yamato Challenge Kaguya, anyways...

Freaking stuck on that one, too. Died four times to Amaterasu using Light Kali team. Not sure I want to bother with Wadatsumi either. No awakening dungeons suck. Stealing all my plus egg farming stamina.

tr4656

Freaking stuck on that one, too. Died four times to Amaterasu using Light Kali team. Not sure I want to bother with Wadatsumi either. No awakening dungeons suck. Stealing all my plus egg farming stamina.

What team are you using with Kali? I cleared it pretty easily.

Just finished Kaguya with Awoken Horus. Just Echidna'd my way through Ammy. Gotta play the dungeon like circa 2013 PAD.

razterik

Kali/Kali/Light Tron/Izanagi/Beelzebub/Kali. It's probably a bad team, I was thinking of subbing out second Kali for Echidna. Might just switch to a Minerva team instead. Don't remember what team I used last time that made it seem really easy.

Quantum

Love it - mines as much.

I still think the CHR front page post is better - obvious to see who has been playing forever.

(I self medicated tonight so I;m happy...)

btw - I've never taken a selfie, but I went out with my hard core drinkers and they both fell asleep at the bar - my friend - the bartendress (sp?) wanted to go shirtless and have me take a pic.

it means more as both of them have been dying to see her breasts - which as apparently now I can say I've seen, I didnt take the selfie that would crush both their feelings - she, btw - looks like she works out (I don't know a less misogynistic way of explaining how happy I was in the right place and time)

tldr - why didn't you read that?

colinp

Banned
Quantum drunk posts are the best posts!

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who has been playing for over a year and still doesn't have a +297. I'm close with my Kirin, everyone else is spread low. I need like 15 more HP + to max Kirin... Maybe someday!

cw_sasuke

Wow.. Just realized the first time that Bosses with a sub attribute like Athena change their attribute midbattle. I always wondered about that smoke animation in some battles.... #gamechanger

jiggle

Once we get 3x normal dungeons
Will be swimming in 297s!

1/13 liubei#2
Add that to
4/15 liubei#1
Giving me 18% skill up rates
2x working its magic...

razterik

Usually how often does the Japanese get x2.5 skill up rate?

The pattern lately seems to be every other event it switches between 2x and 2.5x.

Finally cleared Yamato Challenge. Echidna was literally all I needed to clear Kaguya with Light Kali. I feel dumb for wasting so many tries before putting her back in. As consolation, I squeaked through Wadatsumi with a hodge podge Verdandi team. Max skill Parvati and a low level Ultimate Thief pulled serious weight so I could stall and tank safely.

Quantum

I wish gungho would allow more than two leads visible - I want to run urd today and no one aside from three of my 'friends' run her - frustrating after putting effort to evo and level parts of the team.

trying urd/urd/shiva/nim/rodin/urd and its ok for farming but definitely not descend ready.

Quantum drunk posts are the best posts!

bah last night was tame - everyone fell asleep on me.

Gonna have to give up on Yamato Izanami. Usually I don't have any problem with the dungeon but for some reason I'm getting my shit pushed in. Stamina better spent on +egg farming.

Top Bottom