• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Here's what I run:

cSc5zsyl.jpg

Don't know if you can get the same results, but I would look at something like Minerva/Horus/Kagutsuchi/King Baddie/Echidna/Ronia. Most floors let you grind to ~50% and then burst.

LuffyZoro

For some reason I am just unable to complete the Two Heroes descended. I get stuck on not having enough health to tank through Vampire Lord.

jiggle

I'm so slow
Only realizing now how drop rate multiplier doesn't really help with Winron at all(on expert)

Did 11 runs since 2x started
Got 1 single winron from round4 lol
But I got like 5 from rounds 1-3, which doesn't even need multiplier

Huge bump with blue fairy though
7 drops out of 11 runs 0.0

I have three bubpys but I'm not sure who to give them too. Top contenders right now are Blodin, Blonia, and Starling. I'm leaning toward Blonia because I don't want to wait a month for the skill change, and skill ups aren't super important for Blodin. Starling is my only blue monster with no skill up mob, but I never use him.

tr4656

I've been trying my attacker team with Chibi Cao Cao as leader, DMeta, King Flamie, Shu, and Chibi Liu Bei. I also switched out DMeta for cao cao once. For helpers I've tried another cao cao, Sauske, and Grodin.

Godin should work. Maybe you shouldn't try it with the chibi.

hermit7

I have three bubpys but I'm not sure who to give them too. Top contenders right now are Blodin, Blonia, and Starling. I'm leaning toward Blonia because I don't want to wait a month for the skill change, and skill ups aren't super important for Blodin. Starling is my only blue monster with no skill up mob, but I never use him.

Starling. It is great as a double orb changer and as you indicated no skill bosts

jay23

Is vegito the best 16x leader?

After using my dqxq I really like the playstle of matching any 4 colors on the board. I'm trying to come up with the best team I can for dq uevo.

DQ/Apollo/Kali/Athena/Valkyrie/DQ

TPA team, not sure if I'll be able to output enough damage for mythical descend bosses. Might have to sub out valk for another utility monster.

Starling. It is great as a double orb changer and as you indicated no skill bosts
Yeah the "no skill ups" thing is the biggest issue for me. I already have a hypermax U&Y, so I don't particularly need the orb change. I have yet to use starling on a team, so that's why I'm hesitant to go ahead with it.

If I can avoid weeks of potential RNG trolling from the Thursday dungeon (not to mention the one month wait), it may be worth just giving them to Blonia.

After using my dqxq I really like the playstle of matching any 4 colors on the board. I'm trying to come up with the best team I can for dq uevo.

TPA team, not sure if I'll be able to output enough damage for mythical descend bosses. Might have to sub out valk for another utility monster.
You dont have blue or dark elements on your team, so you'll probably want to rearrange a bit.

Also, I think DQ's damage potential mostly comes from rows, unless you have a damage enhancer. The TPA is really nice for early floors, but without Arcline/Sandalphon the best way to get 3 or 4 million damage is to stack RE awakenings.

jay23

I'll need a damage enhancer because I don't really have any other light row monsters. Is there anyway to check the damage output of a team?

hermit7

Yeah the "no skill ups" thing is the biggest issue for me. I already have a hypermax U&Y, so I don't particularly need the orb change. I have yet to use starling on a team, so that's why I'm hesitant to so ahead with it.

I get that I used mine on sun Quan just because I wasn't able to finish him last go round.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tried and beat Beelzebub for the first time. Havent used U&Y in a while and forgot how strong the right team can be. Didnt use my regular U&Y team and went with a more aggressive variant - took out Sun Quan/Kushinada/Yomi and brought in DMeta/GZL/2ndU&Y. Worked out very well, being so healer focused limited my damage potential especially when most of the subs arent skilled up. Having +10 skill from the get go and you can go for OHKO from the beginning without feeling bad.

This was the first time i saw "Resistance-Dark" awakening working against Astaroth - thats quite nice. Dont know how often this Hidden orbs have messed up my runs with GZL.

btw. Have farmed around 15 Water Sprites yet...i hope i can get to 25-30 before the event ends and max skill Andromeda.

smbu2000

He is technically 16x, but with the 1.25x attack boost for dragon characters you'll have a 25x attack team if you use all dragon type characters. Even stronger if you get TPAs in there.

Also got the Haku on my iPad up to 297 now. That's my third hyper character after Ronia and DMeta. Now I've started on Cell. Hopefully I can pick up quite a few during the rest of this event with 3x plus egg drops in normal dungeons. Over halfway done on my Vegito after doing pretty well over the weekend on my iPhone.

linsivvi

After more than a year and countless stones spent on that survey dungeon I have finally max skilled Drawn Joker.

Also did 4 runs of King Metal and got a super when I fed the 5 super kings.

Not a bad weekend!

jay23

I use the android app "Combo Master". Really nice for theory crafting teams.

Thanks, this app is exactly what I needed.

I'm gonna use it to test damage on some hypermaxed "dream teams" I wish I had lol.

What teams do you guys think have the most damage output? (Excluding Anubis)

Yeah my guess would be Ra taking advantage of TPA subs.

I like messing around with teams in that app to optimize damage. In game, consistency is key, so you have to avoid the trap of simply creating the the team with the highest one turn burst. But in this app it's fun just trying to getting the biggest number to appear without having to worry about team synergy.

Another fun thing to try is getting the highest possible damage for a single sub. The highest I've ever gotten was about 40 million from Athena on a Ra team.

jay23

Finally got beelzebub, also had an invade on the first floor.

I had to 2 stone, messed up my rows on Belial. And Beelzebub didn't go down with ronia + lubu even after getting him to 75% health.

Only missing red and water jewel to uevo him.

Gave Hathor her first fair shake today by pairing a friend's with my F/L Horus. Somehow managed to yolo Zeus-Dios?!

There seems to be a running theme of me ignoring top tier gods for the longest time then finally using them and being amazed by the results.

J0dy77

Finally hyper maxed a card!! Got the last two bad piis I needed from the descended challenges. Took me 4 tries on Zhao yun and another 4 on legend plus divine realm.

EXh5Nk9l.jpg

Part of me wanted this to be horus but his skill up was a nightmare. I also can't wait the nine months it is going to take for them to bring his evo over.

tr4656

pulled once at the academy
flunked
I got 6 silvers. Not a good REM.
Finally hyper maxed a card!! Got the last two bad piis I needed from the descended challenges. Took me 4 tries on Zhao yun and another 4 on legend plus divine realm.

Part of me wanted this to be horus but his skill up was a nightmare. I also can't wait the nine months it is going to take for them to bring his evo over.

Very nice. It's probably a better choice than Horus anyways.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another 0/5 Lilith skill up disappointment. I just don't get it, the last 20-25 attempts have all failed. For some reason the game is actively preventing me for further skill up in her. RNG all is fine... But +20 attempts without a skill up is frustrating.

Really kills my desire to continue playing the game. Hope both 3DS games will ease the pain if I stop playing the mobile one.

coy

I'm making some progress on my return to the promised land. When I left the game, the invade rate for jewels was ~10%. Maybe this has changed maybe not, but I got Meimei during my one Beelzebub run. The jewel was all I was after so this pleased me dearly. Then came decision time as I needed that green jewel for either Athena or Beelzebub uevo. I went with Beelzebub because devils. I'll run it again in hopes for another invade.

razterik

I think the 1.5x bonus jewel rate was rolled in permanently when they switched to only appearing in mythical difficulty. So the rate should now be ~22%, but I don't have any real data to support that. I'm not even sure how the JP side handles it anymore since they have jewel reward dungeons all the time so I never have to farm for them.

Spoit

Anyone with rodins have space on their NA account? I really need to get down to + egg farming (and dub amlits) on forbidden tower this week

EDIT oh right 353,846,281

zoku88

8 run, no jewel. Are we sure the drop rate is 22%?

Yea, I've had similar bad luck on some previous days :(

I did manage to get a green one today. Not that I really needed one at the moment, but I need to save up for Parvati, whenever she comes here...

I also got my last eggs to +297 my U&Y. :) Not sure if I will bother taking him from lvl 95 to 99, though. Doesn't really seem worth it...

razterik

Well that's a bizarre way to push it out. Guess they had to do something before they got slammed on their Twitch stream.

Time to update my IGN, heh.

Maid

Banned
Still nothing from the android side.

Yea, I've had similar bad luck on some previous days :(

I did manage to get a green one today. Not that I really needed one at the moment, but I need to save up for Parvati, whenever she comes here...

I'm also saving up for Parvati, but the road isn't as smooth as I thought. And then there is also Laskmir.

Updated PAD from the Play store. Went ingame to check if the new stuff is there. Skill up info from status screen is in, explorer leader skills are in. Didn't check stamina overflow but I assume it works.

Now I'm waiting to download 5.1 but it's not starting at all...maybe all the PAD players are hammering their servers? :lol

I also got my last eggs to +297 my U&Y. :) Not sure if I will bother taking him from lvl 95 to 99, though. Doesn't really seem worth it...
I have so many monsters just chillin in the low 90's because I never bother to finish them off. I do think it's worth it to max your leader though, if only because people are more likely to use a max level friend.

Edit: were there any uvos in this update? My Blodin is growing impatient.

J0dy77

Update finally hit iOS App Store! Yay stamina overflow!

Wish it worked for level ups, too.

Updated PAD from the Play store. Went ingame to check if the new stuff is there. Skill up info from status screen is in, explorer leader skills are in. Didn't check stamina overflow but I assume it works.

Now I'm waiting to download 5.1 but it's not starting at all...maybe all the PAD players are hammering their servers? :lol

It's really funny, I wait all this time for Stamina Overflow and now I don't even care because I've just hit the 198 magic stamina number (199 as of yesterday).

The best feature of this update that everyone keeps overlooking is the "non-friend Helper" lead. This was one of the worst features in the game, making the all of the potential friends that popped up all but useless. I'm going to add some friend slots now that it won't be chore finding people.

I've been on a tear with the descended dungeons the last couple days. I only have a few left. I'm saving Dragon rush and hoping I can clear it with my new Neptune team. Anyone have any tips for clearing it?

Gave Hathor her first fair shake today by pairing a friend's with my F/L Horus. Somehow managed to yolo Zeus-Dios?!

There seems to be a running theme of me ignoring top tier gods for the longest time then finally using them and being amazed by the results.
Yeah, she is really good. I was taking on harder descends like Zeus Vulcan within 2-3 months on my JP account despite my team being garbage. No idea why her and Osiris aren't talked about more in NA. Felt like as soon E2 was released here the only discussion I saw was how overrated they were and other nonsense.

Yeah, she is really good. I was taking on harder descends like Zeus Vulcan within 2-3 months on my JP account despite my team being garbage. No idea why her and Osiris aren't talked about more in NA. Felt like as soon E2 was released here the only discussion I saw was how overrated they were and other nonsense.
I just picked up Hathor recently, and while I can tell she's really good, I'm a bit underwhelmed by her burst potential. I haven't been too adventurous with her yet though. My current team looks like:

Hathor, Valk, LZL, DKali, Batman, Hathor

I also have Grodin I can throw in there for a more defensive setup. I have Amaterasu that I could uvo and awaken, but her skill CD is so long, and is a pain to skill up. Anybody with some Hathor experience have any advice?

0/?? skill-ups from Dragon in Motley. Not even sure how many times I ran the dungeon; I just know that at the end of it I'm still staring at a base-level skill for my JDDJ.

On the subject of Hathor, people should post their teams. I've been sitting on one since she debuted but am pretty sure I don't have the depth of REM picks to field a team w/ her.

I just picked up Hathor recently, and while I can tell she's really good, I'm a bit underwhelmed by her burst potential. I haven't been too adventurous with her yet though. My current team looks like:

Hathor, Valk, LZL, DKali, Batman, Hathor

I also have Grodin I can throw in there for a more defensive setup. I have Amaterasu that I could uvo and awaken, but her skill CD is so long, and is a pain to skill up. Anybody with some Hathor experience have any advice?
You need either Izanagi or a full tpa team if you want to go the burst route. For the full tpa route, it usually goes Hathor/Lkali/Lvalk/Athena/Arthur or Zeus&Hera.

It's far easier to just forget about burst and double down on defensive utility. The uevo golems, Indra, Grodin, B/L Sun Quan, Susanoo, Sowilo, D/L Batman. Then there's of course Echidna and Kushinada for off color options.

It's kind of hard to name teams because I shuffle the team around a lot depending on what I'm doing. I think I got the most mileage out of Hathor/Echidna/Grodin/Lvalk/Durga. I only use Durga because my defensive options aren't really great and she has a lot of plus eggs, so I have to rely on a half-assed bursting option. If I had Indra or Kushinada, I'd forget about her entirely.

Jonsoncao

Banned

EXh5Nk9l.jpg

LSgslNI.png

Congrats man! I just had Beelz as my 4th hypermax as well...

Now I just hope your next target is to hypermax Hades since I don't have one :p

Top Bottom