• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

coy

Kefka!

I put some xp into Hathor and she's up to 72 I believe. It feels weird to see +297 on someone not at max level. Still no set team as I am playing around with options, but I do have an Izanagi to help with burst. Will probably have her or Beelzebub as main leads going forward. I'll be looking for more Hathor leads on here and pdx so if we aren't friends, here's my ID:

85Q84pz.jpg
A couple of milestones for me today. Both were pretty straight forward. I got lucky with Lilith blocking the skill bind from Sandalphon, but otherwise these were pretty safe builds. Haku is replaceable in both teams; I never used her, so she was more of a stat/awakening stick.

If I can beat Mercury and Zhao Yun then I'll have done all the Mythicals. Not sure where I stand on the Legend+ dungeons.

jay23

Any ultimate evolutions added with the new update?

A couple of milestones for me today. Both were pretty straight forward. I got lucky with Lilith blocking the skill bind from Sandalphon, but otherwise these were pretty safe builds. Haku is replaceable in both teams; I never used her, so she was more of a stat/awakening stick.

If I can beat Mercury and Zhao Yun then I'll have done all the Mythicals. Not sure where I stand on the Legend+ dungeons.

Congrats, any reason why haku isn't a staple sub on your ronia teams? I always thought she was the perfect sub because of her rows and active skill.

tr4656

Any ultimate evolutions added with the new update?

Congrats, any reason why haku isn't a staple sub on your ronia teams? I always thought she was the perfect sub because of her rows and active skill.

Not that I was aware of.

Maybe they go red Ronia.

Oh she is. I'm in the process of hypermaxing her, and I'm sure she'll be on most, if not all, of my Ronia teams. I just meant that on these runs, I never needed her active, so something else could be used if you don't have her.

Edit: Zhao Yun defeated
This one was not as clean. The skill bind from GZL nearly did me in. Luckily I got a pretty good board when he created green orbs. Also I almost screwed myself over by leaving GZL in the last slot since Divinegon has dark absorb. The Meimei active was pretty green heavy though, so it worked out. Other than that it wasn't very difficult.

Okamid3n

Good pad week end all around, I can finally say I have two mythical descend-capable teams. It used to be that I could only rely on Kirin, but now my Yamato team can make short work of some mythicals. I blasted through Sopdet, Zhao Yun and Sandalphon.

On the other hand, I had to rely on Kirin again for Zeus Mercury. I needed like 5 minutes on every single turns to finally do it. My teams are not good for it, it took me 8+ tries (I really needed that pii). So being able to blast through stuff with Yamato right after felt really good.

On the other hand, I had to rely on Kirin again for Zeus Mercury. I needed like 5 minutes on every single turns to finally do it. My teams are not good for it, it took me 8+ tries (I really needed that pii). So being able to blast through stuff with Yamato right after felt really good.
Could be worse, you could be Max Murai and take half an hour per turn.

tr4656

Good pad week end all around, I can finally say I have two mythical descend-capable teams. It used to be that I could only rely on Kirin, but now my Yamato team can make short work of some mythicals. I blasted through Sopdet, Zhao Yun and Sandalphon.

Sounds fine, I've seen plenty of people needing plenty of time to maximize combos.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone here already tried Awoken Parvati on the JPN version ? Interested in hearing what people think of her. I have a couple fitting subs for her and this could be a dmg upgrade Verdandi team without being as risky as the GZL team.

If i go for her i need to start farming jewels for her now because it will take months to gather all 3 of them.

Dont know if i can "sacrifice" CuChu after max skilling him and needing so much exp to evolve him... -.-

razterik

Just grab another Chu from Athena or Two Heroes. Should have plenty of time to build him up. I would not toss a Verdandi sub without a replacement.

cw_sasuke

Yeah you are right, if I go for Parvati I shouldnt use my skilled up CuChu. Especially since he also could be useful in a Parvati team.

What does a standard Awoken Parvati team look like? I have GZL, Verdandi, Meimei, Perseus, CuChu, Grodin, Artemis, Drake.

Yeah you are right, if I go for Parvati I shouldnt use my skilled up CuChu. Especially since he also could be useful in a Parvati team.

What does a standard Awoken Parvati team look like? I have GZL, Verdandi, Meimei, Perseus, CuChu, Grodin, Artemis, Drake.
Perseus and Verdandi for sure. The others aren't exactly optimal though.

jiggle

So i counted out exactly how many KOTG/blue sprite I'd need to hit the spot where I can do 3 Tamara spotted, rank up, and do three more
With minimal wasted stamina

But then on to the very last blue sprite I needed, accidentally entered "master" and earned more xp than intended
Threw all my calculations out the window!
Now all I get are 5 Tamara runs and more wasted stamina
Feels bad man :(

LuffyZoro

I'd like to run Valk for the first time (also my first descended), but I need some tips on team building for it. Here's my PadHerder, which should be mostly accurate. I'm not too good at using U&Y yet, so I'd die quickly if I tried with them. Any suggestions? Mythical would obviously be better but just being able to run legend would be good.

colinp

Banned
Wish more people on my friends list used Liu Bei. He's so awesome! Need to search for some maybe have a culling in my list to make room.

razterik

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know the box limit for gift messages in the NA version? Saving up a lot of piis lately and don't want to overshoot. I know it's at least 100 in JP, but I'm not sure if that's the case here.

Kyu

Neo Member
That's what everybody says, but I'm not sure if it's true anymore. Curious if anyone has gone over lately.

Also, fuck you and your huge HP bar Medjedra. Died to him 5 times now on JP Challenge 7 with my Beelzebub/Ronia team.

In the mailbox there is a rolling text in the bottom that says 50 is the maximum.

cw_sasuke

Just to be sure - if a boss absorbs the sub element of my Friendleader he will always be revived at the end of the turn no matter how much damage i have dealt with the subs before....right ? Thinking of using GZL for Cauchemar.

Perseus and Verdandi for sure. The others aren't exactly optimal though.
ADK or Astaroth would be good paired with Verdandi.

Sounds good thanks. What about King Woodsy ?

Could also use Artemis and GZL.

GZL would be good if i have at least one more attacker in the team. Artemis sounds good as well, but her active converts hearts as well...which probably isnt as optimal.

Def. want a TPA focused teams - sucks that Perseus dont have any. Anyway think Verdandi and Perseus are must haves.The 2 other spots should be reserved for high atk/TPA units like GZL/Vishnu.

Awoken Parvati/Verdandi/Perseus/Vishnu/GZL/Awoken Parvati ?

Or maybe Attacker Astaroth if i can skill her up as well instead of Vishnu. Would be one orb changer more in exchange for TPAs.

@FZZpure

Heh nice pull - does he fit in any of your current teams ?

Okamid3n

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know the box limit for gift messages in the NA version? Saving up a lot of piis lately and don't want to overshoot. I know it's at least 100 in JP, but I'm not sure if that's the case here.

I'm guessing opened/redeemed messages have a different limit from unopened gift messages?

Because they only force me to delete messages when i hit around 250~300 open messages.

razterik

I'm guessing opened/redeemed messages have a different limit from unopened gift messages?

Because they only force me to delete messages when i hit around 250~300 open messages.

Okay, that's helpful. I always clean out my opened messages, so never knew how high that went. But I wonder if there really is a difference between the two. My JP account has 73 unopened gifts right now, so it's clearly possible to go beyond 50 there. Hmm. What does it say when you reach the limit? And do you have to manually delete? The word scroll at the bottom implies automatic deletion.

Awoken Parvati/Verdandi/Perseus/Vishnu/GZL/Awoken Parvati ?

Or maybe Attacker Astaroth if i can skill her up as well instead of Vishnu. Would be one orb changer more in exchange for TPAs.

Astaroth x100. She combos with Verdandi extremely well and benefits from GZL.

Artemis is acceptable, but not preferred. A heart breaker is not bad as long as you can use Parvati afterwards to make five hearts for activation. It's one reason why Liu Bei is a very common sub.

Also, Genbu is a decent sub if you have Michael or maybe the farmable Amitaka.

Spoit

It's reasonably quick already, but not quick enough that you'd likely cast it twice in a descend when max skilled.

And Fagan looks like more trouble than he's worth to farm the good 30+ runs for the Sups

linsivvi

Just to be sure - if a boss absorbs the sub element of my Friendleader he will always be revived at the end of the turn no matter how much damage i have dealt with the subs before....right ? Thinking of using GZL for Cauchemar.

Yes.

Is there anyone actually bother skillling up Kirin? I have never seen one that goes pass level 2.

I maxed Kirin purely from challenge dungeons.

cw_sasuke

Astaroth x100. She combos with Verdandi extremely well and benefits from GZL.

Artemis is acceptable, but not preferred. A heart breaker is not bad as long as you can use Parvati afterwards to make five hearts for activation. It's one reason why Liu Bei is a very common sub.

Also, Genbu is a decent sub if you have Michael or maybe the farmable Amitaka.

Alright thanks - just tried the Verdandi/Astaroth combo and thats a good looking Parvato board. I dont have Michael otherwise Genbu would be a great fit as well.

So Parvati/ Verdandi/Astaroth/GZL/Perseus/Parvati it is.

Only thing left to do now is

- get Parvatis evo material
- ult Evo and skill Astaroth
- max awoken all subs

Easy...right ? xD

Thanks. So no GZL because of that Lilith encounter -.-

Maybe i will just try Legend first with Verdandi.

cw_sasuke

Well you can still use GZL. Use a normal attack to bring Lilith to very little hp, then finish her off with an attack that doesn't use dark orbs.

DUH - hah im stupid, yeah you are right. For some reason i was in U&Y mode were the combo always ends with his sub-attribute. Well yeah...okay GZL it is xD

Thanks !!

FZZ

Banned
@FZZpure

Heh nice pull - does he fit in any of your current teams ?

Sadly no. All my JP account has is a bunch of good leads with subpar subs. I think the best makeshift team I have is a mono blue healer team that consists of Sun Quan, I&I, Hatsume, and the blue five star Puppetmaster from the CD collab. And then my Juggler team which is really basic and the only standout sub is Grape Dragon who synergizes extremely well with Jugglers active.

For now I'm just doing a standard Mono Fire team with Rodin, I have subs like Echidna, and other fire monsters who aren't notable at all. Really wish I had more TPA subs.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Do you guys think this is a good ideia, i switched my leader to a mini Lu Bu.

Was using this team http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0..1113.93.1.3.3.4.4..1240.99.1.99.99.99.4..

and now i use this one http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...3.4.4..893.68.3.1.0.1.4..1645.99.1.99.99.99.6..

The difference seems huge, having the Lu bu leader skill paired with Ronia's and having 2 Ronias actives should really make a difference no?

Ronia leader+frd Ronia is a overkill in terms of healing power for normal dungeons.

Does anyone have a good idea for a Noah Descend Challenge Team?
I used U&Y, Echidna, Grodin, DKali, LZL, U&Y. None of the subs were crucial. Echidna and Kali were panic buttons, Grodin for stats, LZL for final burst. I'm sure any 5x lead could get similar results.

Do you guys think this is a good ideia, i switched my leader to a mini Lu Bu.

Was using this team http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0..1113.93.1.3.3.4.4..1240.99.1.99.99.99.4..

and now i use this one http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...3.4.4..893.68.3.1.0.1.4..1645.99.1.99.99.99.6..

The difference seems huge, having the Lu bu leader skill paired with Ronia's and having 2 Ronias actives should really make a difference no?
I definitely think your second team is better. Having two board changes on a Ronia team is great.

You might also consider a Beelzebub team down the line. Same team but maybe lose Shiva to make mini lubu a sub.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Thanks, i was struggling to to KoG, i tried this lu bu team, cleared it like a piece of cake.

I would love a Belz team, But i can't clear it yet.

Didn't look up what was in the Cauchemar descend, and brought my mostly dark Beelzebub team in, that doesn't have a lot of +eggs

rekted by Lilith

smbu2000

So they changed around challenge 8 this time. Instead of having quite a few Light monsters there are now more dark monsters. Plus an extra floor as well with Satan.

I was doing well with my LKali team, used Vegeta to take ou Amon after he bound my LKali and friend. Took out Astaroth with Vegito and my leaders were still bound when I came up to CDD so he used the 5 turn jammers skill on me. Used LMeta on Lucifer and then on Satan I totally screwed my combo one time (didn't get blue in) and after my attacks he only had a little bit of HP left when he killed me...decided to continue as I didn't want to play through it again and finished him off. I could have done it with no continues if I hadn't screwed up...maybe next time...

Now to see if I can clear 7 again. Seems harder than before now that they put Sopdet(from the Sphinx descended) in it, with her you can't attack over 200k skill...

Apparently they're resetting best friends in JP on May 31st, allowing you to select a second player for the feature. Anybody interested in my stuff? I run Pandora in slot 1 and have Verdandi, Vegitto, Minerva, Horus, Lumiel, Athena, and Kagu on tap that I can set to slot 2 permanently.

shinjijai

Apparently they're resetting best friends in JP on May 31st, allowing you to select a second player for the feature. Anybody interested in my stuff? I run Pandora in slot 1 and have Verdandi, Vegitto, Minerva, Horus, Lumiel, Athena, and Kagu on tap that I can set to slot 2 permanently.

i'm interested, but low rank and have urd and goku (waiting to get light orb) and evo lubu. 254996691.

IGN: shinji@gaf

Top Bottom