• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah failed at Cauchemar, dont need him that badly anyway and will try again in a couple of months once we get Awoken Parvati - though i got him in some way since i ult evolved Astaroth xD

Back to Water Fairy, now at nearly 20 !!

btw. I wish we had a Player Choice events with Key units/subs not limited only to Gods. Like Hatsuma/Sasuke/Hanzu etc.

Sadly no. All my JP account has is a bunch of good leads with subpar subs. I think the best makeshift team I have is a mono blue healer team that consists of Sun Quan, I&I, Hatsume, and the blue five star Puppetmaster from the CD collab. And then my Juggler team which is really basic and the only standout sub is Grape Dragon who synergizes extremely well with Jugglers active.

For now I'm just doing a standard Mono Fire team with Rodin, I have subs like Echidna, and other fire monsters who aren't notable at all. Really wish I had more TPA subs.

Ah okay, i know that feeling when you have good leads but miss some key subs. But for one Yolo pull nice result. Could have been worse xD

Can your Juggler team beat desc with your current subs ?

Do you guys think it's worth it to skill up Amaterasu with Piis? Her skill seems like it could be really useful at a lower CD, but the looming possibility of an awoken uvo is holding me back.

J0dy77

Is there anyone actually bother skillling up Kirin? I have never seen one that goes pass level 2.

George from our community has a max skilled and I have a few others on my list that. They are definitely more rare now and I don't think it is a requirement. I hardly use the gravity twice in one run, it's usually a one time use and 15 turns isn't terrible to wait out with the right amount of skill awakenings

Didn't look up what was in the Cauchemar descend, and brought my mostly dark Beelzebub team in, that doesn't have a lot of +eggs
rekted by Lilith

Yeah, she's a pain in the @$$, she wiped me the first time I ran it completely underestimated her.

razterik

Apparently they're resetting best friends in JP on May 31st, allowing you to select a second player for the feature. Anybody interested in my stuff? I run Pandora in slot 1 and have Verdandi, Vegitto, Minerva, Horus, Lumiel, Athena, and Kagu on tap that I can set to slot 2 permanently.

Well now I feel silly for not picking mine yet. Wait, is it a second best friend including the first one? Or the first gets cleared?

Although I was a little disappointed with the random add I got. He switched all three lead slots to Vegito who I have no use for.

Well now I feel silly for not picking mine yet. Wait, is it a second best friend including the first one? Or the first gets cleared?

Although I was a little disappointed with the random add I got. He switched all three lead slots to Vegito who I have no use for.
Apparently you get access to two best friends, but I can't find the source of the information so idk

FZZ

Banned
Ah okay, i know that feeling when you have good leads but miss some key subs. But for one Yolo pull nice result. Could have been worse xD

Can your Juggler team beat desc with your current subs ?

Juggler is too underleveled atm as is my Grape Dragon. But I'm pretty sure at max level I could honestly use no subs and beat KoG, all I would need to do is conserve heart orbs and match all the off color orbs in the meantime, easier said than done though.

hermit7

Do you guys think it's worth it to skill up Amaterasu with Piis? Her skill seems like it could be really useful at a lower CD, but the looming possibility of an awoken uvo is holding me back.

I skilled ceres before she got an Awoken and am still happy about it.

Note I did not awaken her.

Quantum

- I hope urd becomes more popular because its a really fun lead.
- first full tpa team, doesn't spike well (yet) but consistent dmg is fantastic without row dependance
- can play around with the subs to change matching time, RCV, HP and TPA easily, can even make a decent row team.

- doesn't seem too REM dependent for DMG, perhaps for hp/rcv - maybe lucky that I have some good subs.

hermit7

- I hope urd becomes more popular because its a really fun lead.
- first full tpa team, doesn't spike well (yet) but consistent dmg is fantastic without row dependance
- can play around with the subs to change matching time, RCV, HP and TPA easily, can even make a decent row team.

- doesn't seem too REM dependent for DMG, perhaps for hp/rcv - maybe lucky that I have some good subs.

I think all of the norns are really good. Currently am working on a green verdandi team but I have an urd and some good fire subs. That may be my next mission.

Tobe

w0NBd6z.jpg
One more tama to have a full skill resist devil team.
Gungho should create a monster that removes plusses amd place them in a carbuncle.

Quantum

I think all of the norns are really good. Currently am working on a green verdandi team but I have an urd and some good fire subs. That may be my next mission.

I'll likely work on verdandi next, but don't have a liu bei (the real one) and it seems like some of the more impressive teams are based on the 3 tpa g/r version.

for urd, having the ability to use both tpa and row seems great, although its messing with what I should be focusing on - then again - I don't focus well.

jay23

So when's the next stream or big announcement?

Also I need some kirin friends, if any you guys have space please post your id so I can add you. I have finally accepted that I can't use my l.Kali team without fuma or another kali.

Quantum

So when's the next stream or big announcement?

3 days. (stream)

announcement - no clue - still don't understand why we don't have recent evos and still feel so far behind.

btw - gungho has been stingy as heck with compensation for their errors this year - not to mention stingy with free items compared to the JPN server. More throttling?

I have finally accepted that I can't use my l.Kali team without fuma or another kali.

lol I decided I don't like my L.Kali team *with* those subs.

jay23

3 days. (stream)

announcement - no clue - still don't understand why we don't have recent evos and still feel so far behind.

btw - gungho has been stingy as heck with compensation for their errors this year - not to mention stingy with free items compared to the JPN server. More throttling?

lol I decided I don't like my L.Kali team *with* those subs.

Yea I was expecting something for the update fuck up, I'm not sure if they even commented on the situation. I feel for the guys that spend money on the game.

Why don't you like your l.Kali team? I still plan on +297 her first, she's an awesome sub that fits on a lot of my teams.

Quantum

How come?

Yea I was expecting something for the update fuck up, I'm not sure if they even commented on the situation. I feel for the guys that spend money on the game.
Why don't you like your l.Kali team? I still plan on +297 her first, she's an awesome sub that fits on a lot of my teams.

- this is not the first time they haven't responded to an error, and have previously released the statement "we will look into compensation" without follow-up, Gungho's communication is terrible. I hope you never have to actually send an E-mail to the company.

L.Kali has real issues in my opinion (as a lead, I haven't used her as a sub yet) -

While the damage has the potential to spike and complete any decend, it is prone to orb trolling without using specials.

- L.Kali active guarantees your ability to activate on 2 turns (if u are using another L.kali), with fuma you generally have a better spike for 1 of the turns with 8 or so light orbs (from experience) - If you run a light heavy team then you have about 8 orbs to work with for your 25x and are depending on time, and combo multipliers.
- Yes, LKali guarantees activation, but no possibility of healing (no health orbs) has screwed me up - a full random board could potentially heal me while activating Kali becomes kill or be killed (I have been liking orb changers a lot lately)
- L.kali teams have a ton of extra time and I can set up some great boards, but my devil teams have 1) better damage output, 2) better healing, 3) tank better, 4) better spike damage.

I'm sure if I fully plussed my Lkali team it would tank and stall as well as any end game team, but I think the investment needed far outweighs other options if you like playing different styles. I'm looking forward to using L.Kali on uevo Ra, but after playing with a few other leads, my Lkali has been shelved (feels like a waste of tamas/exp now)

shinjijai

l. kali really benefits from d. kali sub. if i know that i won't be able to ohko something, and need heals, i'll ust d. kali first then l.kali afterwards.

l. kali really benefits from d. kali sub. if i know that i won't be able to ohko something, and need heals, i'll ust d. kali first then l.kali afterwards.
I love DKali. She's the perfect sub for the 5x leads. A panic button to deal with orb troll, pairs with other orb changers for a big burst, and has amazing awakenings.

I'm hoping they'll do something about her leader skill soon. It's currently completely outclassed by Ra. She probably won't win any votes for an uvo, but they should fix it anyway.

jiggle

Yay my beis maxed skilled finally
Took 45-50 Winrons for 10 skill ups
So 22-20% success rates
Not bad I think?

Time to hustle on challenge descended before watery teMptress hits

Squall looking good
KIZtcEr.jpg

razterik

I like Squall, but that art has got some problems.

Took 7 tries to finish JP Challenge 7. Had to burn everything but a Ronia prior to Osiris and went in with no HP or hearts. Popped Ronia and prayed it'd be enough. Got 8 straight dark skyfalls combos from Osiris's drop boost; they kept falling in threes at the top of the board.

Don't know if Tomato can handle Challenge 8 anymore. Might try with Kali or Kirin, but it really looks built for Awoken Egyptians. Still need Thoth for my baby Horus.

On NA, five attempts before I finished the God Rush Challenge Descended. Had to switch to dual Hades after trying Hades/Ronia. Needed the extra resist more than the RCV. Also got the fat metal who is way easier to handle than Satan or Beelzebub. Hypermax Kagutsuchi pulling through again.

Basically, rip my stamina the last couple days. Time to move on to easier stuff.

tr4656

Are you farming Fagan day and night or something? That's impressive.
I used to.
I'm sure if I fully plussed my Lkali team it would tank and stall as well as any end game team, but I think the investment needed far outweighs other options if you like playing different styles. I'm looking forward to using L.Kali on uevo Ra, but after playing with a few other leads, my Lkali has been shelved (feels like a waste of tamas/exp now)

Does makes sense but LKali clears a lot of dungeons fairly easily.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
First time that i pulled outside of a GF i think - single pull hoping for Delgado, didnt get him but least a REM exclusive with ARS Nova. Dont think i will have much use for her but i now own the whole complete Grimoire Series heh.

Got a spare Highlander from Athena - guess i will level him up for Parvati.

Juggler is too underleveled atm as is my Grape Dragon. But I'm pretty sure at max level I could honestly use no subs and beat KoG, all I would need to do is conserve heart orbs and match all the off color orbs in the meantime, easier said than done though.

Cool, do you like the juggler playstyle ? Interested to hear how the card plays without the "perfect" subs.

J0dy77

Continuing the march over the descended challenge yesterday. Finished off the two tougher dungeons that Beelzebub couldn't finish (Noah and Sandalphon). I dusted off the the old combo leads to get through with Horus/Kirin combo on Sandalphon and double Kirin for Noah. I really love the challenge dungeons and Jewel experience, it has pushed me to go after content that I would normally avoid or had no interest in beating. Mixing and matching teams, giving dungeons multiple attempts has really made me a better player. I haven't played combo leaders since I switched to Beelzebub, I changed to a very different and more defensive team comp yesterday with some new pieces i've obtained (d. kali and Sun Quan). I was shocked at how strong and safe the teams were and how much my combo ability had grown with all of the time extend awakenings. Really, really looking forward to the Ra/Horus awakenings.

Last dungeon I have left is True Dragon, what's everyone's experience with this and easiest team suggestions?

Does anyone run those alternate dungeons that give the " skill up " mob? If so, what kind of appearance / drop rates does that mob have?

just dont want to waste my coins and time

Does anyone run those alternate dungeons that give the " skill up " mob? If so, what kind of appearance / drop rates does that mob have?

just dont want to waste my coins and time
Drop rates are supposedly 2-3k stamina per drop. But the current cycle has great exp/stamina and +egg rates, so if you have nothing better to do its absolutely worth running.

Drop rates are supposedly 2-3k stamina per drop. But the current cycle has great exp/stamina and +egg rates, so if you have nothing better to do its absolutely worth running.

2000 - 3000 stamina per drop? Only have 108 stamina! So it would take 20+ full stamina refills sometimes to get a drop?

Wow.

But, I guess since there really is no alternative to skilling up a God, besides those lucky collabs that give the right material, that is atleast an option

J0dy77

2000 - 3000 stamina per drop? Only have 108 stamina! So it would take 20+ full stamina refills sometimes to get a drop?

Wow.

But, I guess since there really is no alternative to skilling up a God, besides those lucky collabs that give the right material, that is atleast an option

I am well passed the 3000 stamina mark and still have not gotten one to drop. I've seen three spawns in total, 2 over this passed weekend within a couple runs of each other.

If you run the Alt dungeons expecting to get a Pii you're going to have a real bad time. Run the dungeons for the benefits that AG mentioned. The dungeons have amazing stamina ratio/exp ratios, have very good + egg drops and the feeder mobs give very good exp. If you get a Pii it is just a bonus.

linsivvi

We are getting challenge dungeons every event from here on out so that's the best source for Piis.

Last dungeon I have left is True Dragon, what's everyone's experience with this and easiest team suggestions?

Same here. I cleared it previously with Kirin. You just need a sub that can reduce damage in floor 5 and 7 (I used blue golem lol). Maxed Kirin helps a lot too as you can gravity more than once.

Edit: And just cleared it again in the challenge dungeon and the coin shop back to back.

Supposedly you can chain run the alt dungeons up to like rank 344 or something absurd like that, so if you can reliably clear them that's the way to go.

FZZ

Banned
Cool, do you like the juggler playstyle ? Interested to hear how the card plays without the "perfect" subs.

Obviously he's very easy to activate, doing so consistently is hard because you're never guaranteed heart orbs, so trolling can be an issue as is with any combo lead. His awakening aren't useful to him imo, I don't need an extra second matching two heart orbs I'd rather have a row enhance. But I will say activating his 49x is a guilty pleasure of mine and when Gadius comes over here, I definitely suggest everyone try him out.

I am well passed the 3000 stamina mark and still have not gotten one to drop. I've seen three spawns in total, 2 over this passed weekend within a couple runs of each other.

If you run the Alt dungeons expecting to get a Pii you're going to have a real bad time. Run the dungeons for the benefits that AG mentioned. The dungeons have amazing stamina ratio/exp ratios, have very good + egg drops and the feeder mobs give very good exp. If you get a Pii it is just a bonus.

Yeah I think I will keep running them, thanks for the additional info. Last night was my first attempt at one so I had no idea what to expect. I just noticed that mob in PDX site so thought, oh hey look I can skill up my D.Meta! Should of known better lol.

I did notice when throwing xp at my current leveling up mobs that those were like almost max leveled and gave great xp. So I'll def. make a farm team for these things and go to work.

Yeah, it's probably closer to 4-5k stamina per drop. I've only seen 4 total with zero drops in a fair amount of runs. In the last downtime between events, I did 8-9 hours worth without a single appearance...

Are the +egg rates for the alt dungeons available anywhere? Want to know which of the other cycles have good +egg rates since this cycle is ending soon and I usually have too many things to do during events to bother with coin dungeons.

So I've gotten back into this game now that I have a phone that doesn't choke when trying to move orbs. I have a bunch of mid level monsters, and constantly find myself struggling to finish dungeons. I have a bunch of decent cards, plenty of UEvod things, etc. I'm trying to find the best way to level my cards, I currently have 97 stamina max.

Should I:

1. Buy pengdra village and run it over and over
2. Buy King rush, even though I'd be waiting 15 minutes between runs
3. try to level to 100 stam and then do 2

If 3, what's my best leveling option? I can get some screenshots of my cards if people want.

I feel like you'd want at least 200 stamina before Buying those.

O_O

that is a lot of stamina that is a long way off I think... I'm rank 162 (almost 163). I've done Pendra a few times (it's only 20 stam to run), but when you have things like Blodin getting up there, Pengdras stop doing as much as they used to :(

Maid

Banned
So I've gotten back into this game now that I have a phone that doesn't choke when trying to move orbs. I have a bunch of mid level monsters, and constantly find myself struggling to finish dungeons. I have a bunch of decent cards, plenty of UEvod things, etc. I'm trying to find the best way to level my cards, I currently have 97 stamina max.

Should I:

If 3, what's my best leveling option? I can get some screenshots of my cards if people want.

Don't do the first 2 before you have at least 150 stamina. If you can comfortably beat Ocean of Heaven, I would suggest keep running that one.

linsivvi

1. Pengdra retreat is better, and you get it about twice a month.
2. If you have the extra coins, sure, otherwise, we get super metals almost every day, and even on non-event days, so it's really not necessary.
3. Starlight Sanctuary or the alt dungeons in the coin shop if you can reliably clear those.

Jonsoncao

Banned
O_O

that is a lot of stamina that is a long way off I think... I'm rank 162 (almost 163). I've done Pendra a few times (it's only 20 stam to run), but when you have things like Blodin getting up there, Pengdras stop doing as much as they used to :(

I would say no coin dungeon before rank 267 (stam 150) as well.

Top Bottom