• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jonsoncao

Banned
Last dungeon I have left is True Dragon, what's everyone's experience with this and easiest team suggestions?

I am using
2 Ronias + Lu Bu + Beelz + Shiva + Ronia friend...
totally 5 hypermax cards to meet the 23541 HP threshold.

Pretty straightforward run with lots of RCV for stalling.

I used Awoken Minerva + Awoken Kagu + Ronia + Shiva + Ult Hera-ur + frd Minerva before while the normal one was around, and Lv 4 was such a pain.

J0dy77

I am using
2 Ronias + Lu Bu + Beelz + Shiva + Ronia friend...
totally 5 hypermax cards to meet the 23541 HP threshold.

Pretty straightforward run with lots of RCV for stalling.

I used Awoken Minerva + Awoken Kagu + Ronia + Shiva + Ult Hera-ur + frd Minerva before while the normal one was around, and Lv 4 was such a pain.

Any reason why you run 2x Ronia instead of Ronia/Beelz? Recovery has never really been an issue for me running with the latter team and gives you more breathing room on HP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Beat Zeus for the first time via Challenge Desc - #BasedVerdandi !!

Is Alert! Dragon Plant Infestation! much better for Dragon Flower farming than Thursday Dungeon ? Need to get some for my Water Sprites.

With stamina overflow was is always supposed to be just stones, or stones+rank ups?

Is Alert! Dragon Plant Infestation! much better for Dragon Flower farming than Thursday Dungeon ? Need to get some for my Water Sprites.

I'm not sure in the long run, but aren't you at least pretty much guaranteed 1 dragon flower per run on 2x on Thursday?

razterik

Last dungeon I have left is True Dragon, what's everyone's experience with this and easiest team suggestions?

Minerva is the most consistent clear for me, but my team is quite stacked. There are a few cheese builds with a Tengu sub that can get you past Beyzul and the fat metal, but you still need decent burst for some other stages.

And I'm laughing at the stamina estimates for pii drops from coin dungeons. Close to 9k and have only seen 8 piis with no drops.

For anyone still wondering, I broke the 50 limit on unopened gift messages without issue. Currently sitting at 53, plus five random invites I've gotten since the friend leader system changed.

Much worse than Thursday dungeon in my experience. Flowers rarely spawn outside the 1/3 chance on the final floor. Another good option is the RGB tier 3 dungeons on 1.5x, Sacred Mt Bakkes, Sea Cave Mercury, and Fire Forest Nerva. They have dragon flowers as common spawns.

With stamina overflow was is always supposed to be just stones, or stones+rank ups?

Stones only. Rank up resets it, even if you just stoned to overflow. Mind your exp.

jay23

What happened to that dungeon that gave a bunch of exp and ranked you up a few levels? Did it release in JP already?

2-3k staima per pii was the I saw thrown around early on. I think the consensus now is more like what Yoda said, 4-5k.

I guess my luck has been better than I thought. After 2.5k stamina spent I've seen 6 and caught 2. Plus egg rate seems to be in the 50-60 stamina/+egg range from my experience, at least in the alt normals which is all I've run.

J0dy77

What happened to that dungeon that gave a bunch of exp and ranked you up a few levels? Did it release in JP already?

JP already had this dungeon, yesterday or the day before. Gave 300k experience or something crazy like that. I went from rank 96 to 100 on my JP account.

2-3k staima per pii was the I saw thrown around early on. I think the consensus now is more like what Yoda said, 4-5k.

I guess my luck has been better than I thought. After 2.5k stamina spent I've seen 6 and caught 2. Plus egg rate seems to be in the 50-60 stamina/+egg range from my experience, at least in the alt normals which is all I've run.

Yeah, who knows. With the rarity of these things I'm sure it the consensus range is going to be very wide open. RNG at it's truest form.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Any reason why you run 2x Ronia instead of Ronia/Beelz? Recovery has never really been an issue for me running with the latter team and gives you more breathing room on HP.

I tried Beelz/Ronia team and had trouble one shot floor 5 w/o using Lu Bu. If Lu Bu is used, you might get orb trolled on floor 6.

cw_sasuke

Much worse than Thursday dungeon in my experience. Flowers rarely spawn outside the 1/3 chance on the final floor. Another good option is the RGB tier 3 dungeons on 1.5x, Sacred Mt Bakkes, Sea Cave Mercury, and Fire Forest Nerva. They have dragon flowers as common spawns.

Perfect - thanks, so im not missing much since i was going for the Thursday Dungeon anyway. 10 stamina with more or less guaranteed Dragon Flower is good anyway.

I'm not sure in the long run, but aren't you at least pretty much guaranteed 1 dragon flower per run on 2x on Thursday?

Yeah it is - was just asking to be sure.

Okamid3n

Okay, that's helpful. I always clean out my opened messages, so never knew how high that went. But I wonder if there really is a difference between the two. My JP account has 73 unopened gifts right now, so it's clearly possible to go beyond 50 there. Hmm. What does it say when you reach the limit? And do you have to manually delete? The word scroll at the bottom implies automatic deletion.

Oops, sorry for the late reply. Forgot about it.

Anyway, once I hit around 250 opened messages, it stops me from getting new ones. I notice I'm missing a reward, so I log out and log in and after a short while it warns me that I can't get new messages until I delete the old ones, and that I have messages waiting. I delete a bunch and the new messages finally appear.

I don't recommend passing that limit, because at first it really feels like you're losing new messages, but I've never actually lost anything, it ends up appearing a little bit after I delete stuff.

(Do not ask why I don't just delete all the opened messages.)

I don't know if redeemed messages have a different limit from unredeemed ones, but from what you say, I bet it doesn't. Oh, and the game has never automatically deleted anything for me. So that disclaimer seems like it's full of lies.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

11140152_1051272944901297_3113189663326670708_o.jpg

11154577_1051273228234602_2757206373941572456_o.jpg

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 4/17 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 4/18 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Tales of Soul brings to you another two-day Godfest! Day One brings Three Kingdoms and Demons Series Gods, while Day Two features the return of the Angels, for those who didn’t pull any last round!

For best results, be sure to note which featured series appears on which day!

For Day 1 of this Godfest, Guan Yu is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.

All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 4/17 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)

- Demons Series -
630 Belial
632 Amon
634 Astaroth
636 Baal
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

DAY 2 : 4/18 (SAT), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)

- Angels Series 1 -
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

- Angels Series 2 -
1826 Red Angel, Rozuel
1828 Blue Angel, Famiel
1830 Green Angel, Ruel
1832 Holy Angel, Ariel
1834 Dark Angel, Lumiel

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld

Okamid3n

Welp, nothing for me in these godfests. Time to yolo for a Valk in the current gala instead.

EDIT : I lied. Goodbye 30 stones I was saving for a good godfest, you will be missed.

The quest for a valk continues.

coy

Got lucky with an invade on Athena. 1st FL invade used to worry me, but I am loving Beelzebub teams. Used Beelz/DQH/Persephone/Baddie/Haku/Ronia and cleared it effortlessly even with a slip on Siegfried. I used the jewel on Amaterasu. I'll try again later for another jewel.

Tobe

baal, belial, sun quan, lu bu, dqxq. i think im gonna roll on day one.

also just got the materials for beelzebuub :) now i need to level that guy up, meh i regret leveling chester.

zoku88

I'll skip both days. Only really interested in Belial Raphael and the dark angel.

Got lucky with an invade on Athena. 1st FL invade used to worry me, but I am loving Beelzebub teams. Used Beelz/DQH/Persephone/Baddie/Haku/Ronia and cleared it effortlessly even with a slip on Siegfried. I used the jewel on Amaterasu. I'll try again later for another jewel.

I've run about 6 or 7 times today. No jewel yet. Trying to save up some fire jewels for Hera. Though, still need to save one for Beel. Tomorrow is my big day. Need that water...

coy

I'll skip both days. Only really interested in Belial Raphael and the dark angel.

I've run about 6 or 7 times today. No jewel yet. Trying to save up some fire jewels for Hera. Though, still need to save one for Beel. Tomorrow is my big day. Need that water...
I've been quite fortunate with jewels. First run on Beelzebub the other day and now today. I hope this luck continues to the day 1 godfest.

cw_sasuke

Skill ups on Andromeda have been really good so far. I am at 4/8 right. Only 2 skill up left and i have still like 15 unevolved fairys in my box - probably wont have to farm more.

Will be my first max skilled leader, well i still need to get her Awakenings and level her...but one step at a time xD

@Godfest
Cool day 1 for me - hope i can get Liu Bei, D/L Kali or Skuld. Dont really care about the Demon series, but you cant have it all.

cw_sasuke

You should try max skilling your U&Y sometime >.>

Heh oh i will - he will be my first and probably only hypermaxed after all xD
Will try it this weekend - high stamina cost on Seaway just means that you cant do anything else.

seady

Heh oh i will - he will be my first and probably only hypermaxed after all xD
Will try it this weekend - high stamina cost on Seaway just means that you cant do anything else.

Stamina is really a big problem in PAD. With all the meaningful dungeons now cost at least 50 stamina per play, a player can only play about 5 games a day. For gold metal dragons dungeons they only last like 30 seconds - which gives an average player only about few minutes of play time a day.

They need to give us something to do that benefit our monsters but do not require stamina to play. This will give us incentives to always boot up the game.

Spoit

Skill ups on Andromeda have been really good so far. I am at 4/8 right. Only 2 skill up left and i have still like 15 unevolved fairys in my box - probably wont have to farm more.

Will be my first max skilled leader, well i still need to get her Awakenings and level her...but one step at a time xD

@Godfest
Cool day 1 for me - hope i can get Liu Bei, D/L Kali or Skuld. Dont really care about the Demon series, but you cant have it all.

Man, I'm at like 0/10 or so on andro right now. Might need to stone when the 2x comes again

Quantum

Not interested in any of the gods during the godfest - might do "pretend" rolls of my recent free stones and just spend them on tri fruits to skill up my urd - although so many better uses!

Ducarmel

day 1 perfect chance for me to try to get FA Luci and Lu Bu

But watching Awoken Horus videos makes me want to save my stones and wait for a players choice I want Dark and Light Kali badly.

Whitelines

Neo Member
JP already had this dungeon, yesterday or the day before. Gave 300k experience or something crazy like that. I went from rank 96 to 100 on my JP account.

Yeah, who knows. With the rarity of these things I'm sure it the consensus range is going to be very wide open. RNG at it's truest form.

is that the extreme metal king tamadra dungeon?

J0dy77

is that the extreme metal king tamadra dungeon?

Yup, think it is still available. One time run but is available for the event to run if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely skipping these Godfests, have all of the 3k that I want and no interest in the devils. Not sure how I feel about the Angel series yet, pretty underwhelming in current form. The Dark angel has potential but I'm not going to roll just for her.

Damn, there's too much going on this coin rotation. I need to skill up Fuma, Meimei, and Cao Cao. I'd also love to max skill Okuni, but from every thing I've heard the pirate dungeons are a pain.

J0dy77

I will never learn, ran hera-ur twice at 5am and half asleep, wiped for being dumb. The good news, got the blue invade on the third try and evo'd awoken Hera-is. I'm now done with all of the jewels that I needed and am starting to stockpile the other colors. Debating if Fagan is worth dumping stones.

Back to my early morning comment. Does anyone else ever feel like you play better at certain times? When I play with no distractions and warm up with list dungeons I feel like I go into a zone sometimes playing much better than others.

razterik

I play way better on my JP account. Combos everywhere. I think it's because I stress too much when playing my NA account due to associating stamina with a real money value. JP is non-IAP so I don't really care about my outcome on that side.

Amir seems decent for a bind clear sub and an interesting fast farm lead.

Don't know if I want to use a furry, though.

colinp

Banned
I definitely play worse when I'm tired or in a bad mood. I often waste stamina, usually because of the former- not the latter!

It's easier for me to combo on JP, but only cause I have a stacked party of time extend monsters

I think I get better lucksacked skyfalls on my NA account though.

cw_sasuke

Just tried the Super Mario Bros PaD Demo - really fun, will be nice having a PaD fix without the stamina shackles xD

J0dy77

I play way better on my JP account. Combos everywhere. I think it's because I stress too much when playing my NA account due to associating stamina with a real money value. JP is non-IAP so I don't really care about my outcome on that side.

Amir seems decent for a bind clear sub and an interesting fast farm lead.

Don't know if I want to use a furry, though.

I have this same feeling. When I just run a dungeon and don't think, especially when farming I can average over 7 combos. When I sit there and study and try and focus on activation or one color instead of clearing the entire board I wound up doing much worse. That is one thing that has really clicked for me lately, is to try and clear the entire board. It has a habit of setting you up with a better board for the next round.

Maid

Banned
All those Piis are taking my box space. Can they just please hurry up with Parvati/Lakshmi update already.

The Piis only work with main attribute, right?

cw_sasuke

Playing PaD with a stylus is awesome, didn't expect that. Might try it on my phone as well.

Funny seeing the Mario characters with the PaD moves... lol Ghost Luigi with Change the World skill xD

jay23

I have this same feeling. When I just run a dungeon and don't think, especially when farming I can average over 7 combos. When I sit there and study and try and focus on activation or one color instead of clearing the entire board I wound up doing much worse. That is one thing that has really clicked for me lately, is to try and clear the entire board. It has a habit of setting you up with a better board for the next round.

I learned that recently, clearing the board might be the most important skill in pad(which is just being good at comboing lol). Its still tough for me tho, it always feels like I run out of time too soon. Might be cause I never look for cascades.

Playing PaD with a stylus is awesome, didn't expect that. Might try it on my phone as well.

Funny seeing the Mario characters with the PaD moves... lol Ghost Luigi with Change the World skill xD

I need to get a stylus, my finger is always blocking a piece of the board so I miss out on some extra matches.

The worst feeling is when you have an intuitive sense for untangling an orb state, but mid-combo you start actually thinking about it and realize you don't explicitly know how to do it and punt the turn cause you can't stop thinking about it.

cw_sasuke

Man, I suck at Hera Ur. Those preemptives screw with me

With U&Y ? You also need luck to OHKO everything from Formula and heal at the same time. With Grodin it might be a bit easier but once you are hit its tough to get back come back.

I need a Blue Jewel...but Hera-Ur is just too stressful right now xD

Top Bottom