• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Enjoy it while it lasts. NA is something like three Challenge dungeons behind compared to JP when they got Awoken Ra. Once we catch up, nearly every single one has either first floor Hera preempt or back-to-back Zeus Dios and Hera preempts, which are quite difficult for this team without specific hypermax builds.

Also, no Sun Quan? Sad turtle is sad.
Yeah I know power creep and all that. Still nice for now. But even in Japan Ra is still top dog. He's the most common team I see clearing the Py dungeon. Multiple big preemptives sounds like a job for Indra.

Only have mini Sun Quan, but Turtle is still cool despite its weak stats. Good awakenings. Extra second of orb movement awakenings makes its active pointless on this team other than activating Ra's boost.

FZZ

Banned
Isn't 2 x 2.5 = 4.5?

Still pretty insane though. I suppose the drawback is not being able to use it with a lot of the Awoken forms. What subs would you use?

You got a brainfart bruh

2.5 + 2.5 = 5

And I think Yamato, Uriel, and Red Guan Yu would be pretty good subs.

FZZ

Banned
LS: 2x ATK to Fire attribute cards. 2.5x ATK / 1.5x RCV to God type cards.

Where are you getting the two 2.5's from?

Think about it like this 2x for a fire type means you do twice the damage. If that fire type is also a god, then there is an additional 2.5x on top of the 2x. You're actually multiplying the two numbers rather than adding.

so it's 2 * 2.5 = 5 or as I wrote it 2.5 + 2.5 = 5.

Think about it like this 2x for a fire type means you do twice the damage. If that fire type is also a god, then there is an additional 2.5x on top of the 2x. You're actually multiplying the two numbers rather than adding.

so it's 2 * 2.5 = 5 or as I wrote it 2.5 + 2.5 = 5.

Yeah my bad. I thought 2 * 2.5 was 4.5 for a second...

I shouldn't feed or sell these TAMADRA things right? Same with the metal/gold dragons I've been finding?

At this rate I won't be able to put that god thing I rolled in my party for another month :(

Quantum

- messing around with awoken ra - so much fun, but it has made me realize that Urd and Blonia playstyle has made me terrible at making combos.

- If I was just a little better at my combos I think I would feed my hypermax blonia to ra.

- was planning on transitioning from urd -> A. Shiva as my main lead, but A. Ra is a beast.

(team playing with right now: A.Ra/L.kali/L.kali/Yomi/SQ/A.ra)

Kyuur

Is the JP patch still ongoing? I want to see some values for trading in existing monsters. I bet that the 9 star monster will be what they are going to rotate, not evo mats, new Tamas etc.

I shouldn't feed or sell these TAMADRA things right? Same with the metal/gold dragons I've been finding?

At this rate I won't be able to put that god thing I rolled in my party for another month :(

Definitely save Tamadras. Once your leads have some faded-out icons in the top right of their card (usually at their last non-ultimate evolution) you can feed Tamadra to them to unlock those abilities.

Small metal/gold dragons (not High Metal, King Metal or Super King) can just be fed or sold.

Definitely save Tamadras. Once your leads have some faded-out icons in the top right of their card (usually at their last non-ultimate evolution) you can feed Tamadra to them to unlock those abilities.

Small metal/gold dragons (not High Metal, King Metal or Super King) can just be fed or sold.

Thanks. I need all the money I can get at the moment. :/

Leave the tamadra mail unopened so it doesn't take up box space.

oh this is a good idea

I used a stone to increase my box size and I'm thinking of doing that a few more times; a few sites recommended doing it and I don't think I'd be able to use anything I get from the egg machine anyway...

tr4656

Is the JP patch still ongoing? I want to see some values for trading in existing monsters. I bet that the 9 star monster will be what they are going to rotate, not evo mats, new Tamas etc.

The JP patch is coming tomorrow. You'll have to whale so hard to get that Shiva Dragon since its 300k MP.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150714_buy_monster.html

razterik

If all exclusives sell for 50k like some have speculated, I could conceivably buy Shiva Dragon after the update. Two dupe Light Tron, two dupe Grodins, and two of my four Verdandis. Doubt it's going to work that much in my favor, however.

TJuduY7l.jpg
Hooray. Need way more plus eggs to do this anywhere near reliably. Got to max skill Kalis, awake Isis, and max skill Dark Izanami. Maybe get last Light Tron skill up and pii Thief since I like this setup. Lots of work.

Honestly not sure what to so with the plus egg Tamadras. Need awakenings on many things, but what I want to plus is fully awoken. Wish they were separate, but that's be too nice, I suppose.

yami4ct

3 stones on Tama retreat. Got 5 skill ups from babies and 3 full sized tamas. Means I have enough left over to fully awoken Ra once I u-evo him and get the one skill up on my second L. Kali once I ultimate her. Not going to have enough extra to awaken Hino once I evolve him, but still not a bad run.

Shiva Dragon has almost no farmable subs unfortunately, but I'm sure they'll introduce more MP shop monsters over time. If there's a good one I'm just going to like spend my accumulating pile of stones on my no-REM account on a Godfest and cash out.

yami4ct

I'm gonna wait until I see how Gung-Ho supports MP Monsters before I even think of cashing out for one. If they're supported as well as most Gods are, then I might touch them. If they get tossed aside like Descend bosses, I'm gonna forget they exist.

Even if they are good, I'll probably just save my MP from gift and challenge Presdras to eventually buy one someday.

zoku88

I was able to finish off my Blodin/Haku/Goemon today and was able to get enough for Ra when I'm able to evolve him on Friday.

NineH

Since the Holy Dragon Stones drop so rarely, it's so disheartening when I go 0/5 skilling up Shiva. The only positive is the dungeon gives a lot of experience. Still, those things don't like to show up that much and it's is such a slog trying to farm them.

Azusa

What do you do with old useless monsters in your box? For example Ice Samurai Ogre or similar.

Since the Holy Dragon Stones drop so rarely, it's so disheartening when I go 0/5 skilling up Shiva. The only positive is the dungeon gives a lot of experience. Still, those things don't like to show up that much and it's is such a slog trying to farm them.

Don't just don't. I have wasted a ton of stones last when collab was introduced for a first time. And after countless hours of farming only 2 skillups. Thx, gungho.

At least you don't need to skillup him any more, his awoken form has different skill.

FZZ

Banned
Got Medjerda

Anybody know when Cleopatra is gonna come around? Trying to get all the evo mats for Awoken Isis ASAP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay im a believer now. Tried for the first time ever a LVL 8 Challenge and cleared it. Didnt have time to level her yet and i thought the binds would screw me over - but man the dmg potential is nuts with. Just one shots everything.

quickmemo_2015-07-15-mjupc.png
quickmemo_2015-07-15-d6uq6.png
quickmemo_2015-07-15-tpuqj.png

Looking forward to work on that team. Also used my first Py today...the only Woodpy i had on Bastet.

Now im wondering if i will give lvl 9 a shot before the Challenge ends.

Okay im a believer now. Tried for the first time ever a LVL 8 Challenge and cleared it. Didnt have time to level her yet and i thought the binds would screw me over - but man the dmg potential is nuts with. Just one shots everything.

quickmemo_2015-07-15-mjupc.png
quickmemo_2015-07-15-d6uq6.png
quickmemo_2015-07-15-tpuqj.png

Looking forward to work on that team. Also used my first Py today...the only Woodpy i had on Bastet.

Now im wondering if i will give lvl 9 a shot before the Challenge ends.

I want her so bad. =(

cw_sasuke

I want her so bad. =(

Best thing about her is that she improves my game across all the teams - ability to do combos already improved exactly what i needed after getting a bit lazy with Verdandi and often frustrated with U&Y.

Hope i can max lvl her with Emerald Dragons later.

Ducarmel

Don't just don't. I have wasted a ton of stones last when collab was introduced for a first time. And after countless hours of farming only 2 skillups. Thx, gungho.

I max my Shiva at the time spent 1 stone every 2x rest ran on natural stamina.

I only regret doing it because I plan on awakening my Shiva.

I think the way to get more dragon stones was to run expert during 2x.

Best thing about her is that she improves my game across all the teams - ability to do combos already improved exactly what i needed after getting a bit lazy with Verdandi and often frustrated with U&Y.

Hope i can max lvl her with Emerald Dragons later.
My team of Verdandi, Meimei, Liu Bei and Vishnu call to her.

J0dy77

For everyone who beat Challenge 9 with Awoken Ra, how did you get through his shields? My team is primarily light and dark so Im ping ponging back and forth with the damage. Do you have to wait for dark shield since light will always be your final damage?

Edit: Also, what's the deal with Shiva Dragon? See a lot of talk but seem to have missed the details and don't see them anywhere convenient.

Ducarmel

For everyone who beat Challenge 9 with Awoken Ra, how did you get through his shields? My team is primarily light and dark so Im ping ponging back and forth with the damage. Do you have to wait for dark shield since light will always be your final damage?

Edit: Also, what's the deal with Shiva Dragon? See a lot of talk but seem to have missed the details and don't see them anywhere convenient.

Just theory crafting so far.

Shiva Dragon, purchasable card with 300k Monster Points.
God / Dragon
Active: 2 turns haste
LS: 2x ATK to Fire attribute cards. 2.5x ATK / 1.5x RCV to God type cards

Pretty much an unconditional 25 times atk for fire type gods

J0dy77

Just theory crafting so far.

Shiva Dragon, purchasable card with 300k Monster Points.
God / Dragon
Active: 2 turns haste
LS: 2x ATK to Fire attribute cards. 2.5x ATK / 1.5x RCV to God type cards

Pretty much an unconditional 25 times atk for fire type gods

Yeah i found it after my post. Where do the Monster points come from?

Kyuur

Medjedra Legend down! Was actually fairly easy. Osiris active on f3 Mystic Masks to make up for orb troll, Verdandi active to ohko f4 Isis to prevent her from binding, grinded out f5 Osiris with no problems, got Cu Chu switched in and ohko'd Medjedra with Verdandi/Woodsie!

No drop though. :(

Contemplating trying Mythical. My only concerns are not being able to ohko Isis and not being able to compete with Osiris's damage output due to low RCV. I also wouldn't be able to ohko the boss so I'd have to gitgud and combo enough.

Maybe I'll just do Legend until I get the drop and try Mythical for funsies.

Noaloha

Yeah I beat Medjedra Legend too today also. Took two tries to get the drop. I really wanted the 100% skill-lock resist, so my Verdandi team ended up being

Verdandi / Cu Chu / Liu Bei / Michael / Andromeda! / Verdandi

Andromeda was the best option I had for that elusive double awakening to hit 100%. Worked out fine though, was never in trouble working through binds or healing back. Leader swaps were Cu Chu, then Liu Bei on the second attempt. Both times I essentially just stalled through the swap until Verd took her place back.

cw_sasuke

My team of Verdandi, Meimei, Liu Bei and Vishnu call to her.
Yeah that's more or less the subs I want to use for her down the line. At least that was the plan.

Hope you get her next time.

Medjedra Legend down! Was actually fairly easy. Osiris active on f3 Mystic Masks to make up for orb troll, Verdandi active to ohko f4 Isis to prevent her from binding, grinded out f5 Osiris with no problems, got Cu Chu switched in and ohko'd Medjedra with Verdandi/Woodsie!

No drop though. :(

Contemplating trying Mythical. My only concerns are not being able to ohko Isis and not being able to compete with Osiris's damage output due to low RCV. I also wouldn't be able to ohko the boss so I'd have to gitgud and combo enough.

Maybe I'll just do Legend until I get the drop and try Mythical for funsies.
Congrats in the clear
I think Mythical is quite a bit harder and if you don't wanna stone I would juts clear Legend fast and hope for the drop.

Didn't knew you had Osiris... Have you tried him as Leader yet? He is supposed to be really good... One of the very good green units I'm still missing.

Kyuur

Congrats in the clear
I think Mythical is quite a bit harder and if you don't wanna stone I would juts clear Legend fast and hope for the drop.

Didn't knew you had Osiris... Have you tried him as Leader yet? He is supposed to be really good... One of the very good green units I'm still missing.

I haven't tried as Leader yet, not confident I can 6 combo every single turn. Maybe I should practice with him in endless... Looking at it again, he actually seems better than Verdandi as a leader if you can consistently pull it off. Outside of active and stats anyways.

Edit: Yep, gave it a shot.. I can consistently 4-5 combo without skyfall, but 6 is a bit hard. Time to practice I guess. :p

linsivvi

I cleared it with Horus but it's the same idea. Use delay so you will be able to do the final damage without worrying about the shield.

cw_sasuke

Man I probably could have cleared True Endless Corridors with A. Bastet if I just had used an active on stage 25... was too greedy again lol.

That Beelzebub encounter was funny though... Guess poison won't be an issue anymore Bestcat.

I haven't tried as Leader yet, not confident I can 6 combo every single turn. Maybe I should practice with him in endless... Looking at it again, he actually seems better than Verdandi as a leader if you can consistently pull it off. Outside of active and stats anyways.

Edit: Yep, gave it a shot.. I can consistently 4-5 combo without skyfall, but 6 is a bit hard. Time to practice I guess. :p
Yeah he is great... Definitely a leader you wanna master for more difficult content to dish out more damage. Verdandi is perfect for farming or easier stages. To clear tougher stages with her you need some of the 2/3 TPA wood units.

And if you ever upgrade to Bastet you be used to activate 6-7 combos without issues.

Hah. Ran Cat Dragon blind and didn't know it had a Perseverance ability. It proceeded to kill me of course. FYI, just throw a poison monster on the team and it'll take off the last sliver of health so you can still 1-shot it.

Jonsoncao

Banned

After then 99% gravity, you can heal back twice with a dmg reducer or heartmaker, then pop up Sun Quan...

Top Bottom